Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,255 members, 7,887,732 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:01 PM

Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions (27920 Views)

Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant / Who Funded Buhari's Campaign / Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by Shaftrod(m): 11:09am On Jan 02, 2016
Mboi:

Oga stop digressing, answer the question: who sponsored APC's presidential election and from where did they get the money.
. Aigoo! Aigoo! Aigoo!Why does it take you a lot of stress to comprehend what I said? The question has been answered by asking you a similar absurd question that you posited. Do we invalidate Buhari's election because of suppositions by your types that looters may have funded his campaigns? Or similarly by inference based on your preposterousness conclude that because criminal elemets might have voted for him during the elections it's immoral of him to challenge those indulging in the vice ? Please stay out of the kitchen if you can't withstand the heat. It's okay if one keeps shut and be considered a fool than when one opens it to\and remove all doubts.
Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by Ecoterrorism(f): 11:09am On Jan 02, 2016
APC should open up their books if they want us to take them serious. Buhari can't fight corruption when he is corrupt or came in through proceeds of corruption.

He who comes to equity must come with clean hands

1 Like

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by Firefire(m): 11:10am On Jan 02, 2016
cckris:
ANTI-CORRUPTION WITHOUT HALLIBURTON TRIALS, AS UNITED STATES HAS DONE, IS A FARCE.Is it because Buhari's wife was cited in the trial of Congressman William Jeffers ? One day there will be anti-corruption, not under Buhari.

See attached. undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:11am On Jan 02, 2016
Firefire:

Can we then call for APC Campaign Financial Records 'Publication' ??
Absolutely! It will be appropriate for APC Presidential Campaign Organisation to publish their financial record. In fact, law should be passed to make it mandatory.

1 Like

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by Sleek85: 11:13am On Jan 02, 2016
There's an adage that says: as the farmer covers his melon heads with leaves, did he cover the eyes of the squirel?
Unless APC releases a press conference on this issue, eyes and minds of Nigerians will focus on the issue as far as #Dasukigate goes on.
Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by Clergy20: 11:14am On Jan 02, 2016
Let me begin by making you understand that PMB isn't investigating how PDP or any other political party funded their campaigns, rather, he's investigating how they spent the $2.1b arms money. It's unfortunate that the money was traced to PDP campaigns.

Secondly, we all know how the political parties funded their campaigns, the States government did it for the various states they hold, that's not a secret in Nigeria. So, that answers how APC got her funding.

Thirdly, PMB cannot investigate the management of funds by states. It's the duty of the state institutions to check the activities of the Governors and petition them to EFCC where necessary. Particularly, where there are changes in political parties like in Rivers State. What stops Wike from charging Amaechi to court if they claim he funded PMB election with the State's funds?

Lastly, I don't think it would be wise to advice PMB to stop the fight against corruption because it's one sided, I would rather encourage him to continue, so that when next PDP comes to power, it would fight the other aspects of PMB administration and before you know it, the whole system would be cleaned

3 Likes

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:15am On Jan 02, 2016
cckris:
ANTI-CORRUPTION WITHOUT HALLIBURTON TRIALS, AS UNITED STATES HAS DONE, IS A FARCE.Is it because Buhari's wife was cited in the trial of Congressman William Jeffers? One day there will be anti-corruption, not under Buhari.
Nothing is a farce here. I want the Haliburton to be opened too but I will wait to see if Buhari will summon the political will. However, it doesn't invalidate the ongoing fight against corruption. Like I said, he has my unflinching support here.
Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by abokikhalifa: 11:15am On Jan 02, 2016
From this your content, OP i can tell that you are hungry and sad that PDP lost the last presidential election....Sorry for that....If you really want to know how Apc got funded ....why dont you do your research, or are you not a Nigerian...? Mofo.......People like you ar just looking for an means to tarnish the good image of my dear president................. am sure you ar part of the people that ar planing to kill buhari......but GOD pass all of una......Iya everybody in Olamide voice
Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by Adminisher: 11:18am On Jan 02, 2016
Redoil:
saint tinubu spent N30 billion naira saint ameachi who have never stolen a penny spent N20 billion naira

This is very very idiotic. Southerners are born fools. Locally minded, unstrategic, parochial.

After the primaries the funding of Buhari campaign was by Danjuma, some western countries and some people previously close to Jonathan that might include Dangote.

You people have to wake up and stop being childish . Things are moving around you. Tinubu and Amechi had access to money but what was on ground was beyond them in many ways.

1 Like

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by AKENIBIAJE: 11:22am On Jan 02, 2016
Pls let get this right........PMB don't have access to federal purse. Why is PDP using ONASA as platform for funding is presidental campaign? Think
Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by Firefire(m): 11:22am On Jan 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Nothing is a farce here. I want the Haliburton to be opened too but I will wait to see if Buhari will summon the political will. However, it doesn't invalidate the ongoing fight against corruption. Like I said, he has my unflinching support here .

Majority of Nigerians are supporting Buhary's fight against corruption, however, it must me seen as 'holistic' and not one-sided.

I will not hesitate to support Buhary, once I see the other known looters in his camp being prosecuted and brought to justice.

All political gladiators in Nigeria are known looters without any exception.

The fight against corruption must be WON!

State Looters with several petition waiting at EFCC must be visited.

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:27am On Jan 02, 2016
We the masses are the greatest victims as long as corruption is concerned. We have no choice but to support fight against corruption. That doesn't mean that we won't remind the government of the need to prosecute their own yam eaters.
Firefire:

Majority of Nigerians are supporting Buhary's fight against corruption, however, it must me seen as 'holistic' and not one-sided.

I will not hesitate to support Buhary, once I see the other known looters in his camp being prosecuted and brought to justice.

Shalom!

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by tuscani: 11:28am On Jan 02, 2016
psucc:
No we can't ad don't need to ask questions!!!!! A country of hypocrites!!!!

There is no sincerity anyway!!! From the prophets to the leaders to the common man. No truth in this world.

Where else can an allegation of an aspirant's none possession of a requisite educational qualification be swept under carpet because a particular interest group is concerned to the extent someone will say even if the aspirant has electric bill, he will be voted into power.

I hold no grouse but if we would love to see better days, let's do good.
May God bless you. exactly my point. you cant build on irregularity. i am not supporting any person that stole money, but at least buhari should bring his certificate simple, he not different from those that claimed ti have stolen money

2 Likes

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by Leke001: 11:29am On Jan 02, 2016
thieves of course...somebody please tell Buhari that charity begins at home...I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by tuscani: 11:30am On Jan 02, 2016
signature2012:

This is not the issue of wailing but asking a sincere question.As we all know #dasukigate was used to fund PDP campaign,now ask yourself,dont you thing their will be #APCgate where the money for funding the campaign came from?
you nailed it

1 Like

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by tuscani: 11:31am On Jan 02, 2016
Hiploko:
sorry for you. Stop dodging the question. How can you be fighting corruption when you've not fought the corruption that brought you to power? Who funded APC's election campaigns? Kettle calling pot black. Abeg bounce joor! undecided
you nailed it
Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by ShowYourCertificate: 11:32am On Jan 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Every good spirited Nigerians should back the anti-corruption fight. In fact, ALL PDP six National Vice Chairmen are in support of Buhari fight www.thisdaylive.com/articles/anti-corruption-pdp-group-backs-buhari-disowns-indicted-members/229141/

Even Akpabio only recently threw his support(he has no choice though). Same with PDP Ogun East Senator
If you read the article in the link you gave me, you'd see that the PDP is against his lopsided fight against corruption. They told him to be objective in his corruption fight. Some of Buhari's ministers and other APC chieftains should also be probed if truly Buhari wants to succeed in his anticorruption crusade.

The PDP is not against Buhari's fight against corruption, however they are against the lopsidedness of the fight. I hold the same view.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by LAFOCUZY: 11:32am On Jan 02, 2016
I recall clearly that in Q4 2014, Amachi's government asked the approval of the Rivers state House of Assembly for 19 Billion Naira to complete on-going projects in the state. The House approved that sum but Amachi's government did not complete the projects- Trans-amadi industrial layout road was not completed, the road connecting east west road to the airport was not done, the monorail remained a failed project etc.

Could part of the money been diverted to the election? It takes only one man to make a difference not the multitude. I challenge everyone to be the chnage you seek. No political party or group of politicians can make the change. They are professional extractors

2 Likes

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by tuscani: 11:33am On Jan 02, 2016
Hiploko:
suddenly in 2016 people now know leaders deserve some respect. What happened from 2011-2015? Who started the social media disrepect of leaders? Hypocrites
my bro this na the begininig, they shuld reap what dey sow. they thrived in insult, so they will get insults as well

2 Likes

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by Firefire(m): 11:33am On Jan 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
We the masses are the greatest victims as long as corruption is concerned. We have no choice but to support fight against corruption. That doesn't mean that we won't remind the government of the need to prosecute their own yam eaters.

Aligned with your submission.

Hence, for Buhary's fight against corruption to be credible and without any iota of doubt of oppression.

APC Presidential Campaign Organization must as a matter of public urgency, publish their financial record with all sources of fund accrued for their electioneering.

The Fight Against Corruption at all level 'MUST BE WON'!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by Jalinco: 11:34am On Jan 02, 2016
OP. Who paid you to write this crap?
Instead of wailing on nairaland try to find out PMB sponsors and write EFCC to probe them or better still wait till your party win next election. but for now let's concentrate on probing the known looters.
At least PMB is doing something the inventor of yam and goat theory was busy protecting every looters

1 Like

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:35am On Jan 02, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
If you read the article in the link you gave me, you'd see that the PDP is against his lopsided fight against corruption. They told him to be objective in his corruption fight. Some of Buhari's ministers and other APC chieftains should also be probed if truly Buhari wants to succeed in his anticorruption crusade.

The PDP is not against Buhari's fight against corruption, however they are against the lopsidedness of the fight. I hold the same view.
The words of the chairmen were very clear and they stated my position. Buhari has the moral burden to probe his party thieves but the anti-corruption firght must go on.
Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by jmaine: 11:35am On Jan 02, 2016
Adminisher:

This is very very idiotic. Southerners are born fools. Locally minded, unstrategic, parochial.

I did rather be a foolish and unstrategic southerner than belong to a legion of archaic , unmordernized savages remotely controlled by some feudal lords, while the remaining 99.9% are just dispensible zombies . .

By your Southerner rant, am sure it includes the SW region who facilitated the ascendance of your dull god to power.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The words of the chairmen were very clear and they stated my position. Buhari has the moral burden to probe his party thieves but the anti-corruption firght must go on.
But i thought their(APC) party logo is broom and naturally anyone holding a broom and wanting to sweep starts from the bedroom or inside the house before coming outside.

So,it is ideal that Buhari probes his party members first before probing others.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by Daplux4: 11:40am On Jan 02, 2016
I said it earlier buhari is not fighting corruption he is fighting PDP for APC to gain ground
Our politicians are very selfish
A man who said he will bring change every body belived him not knowing he came with witch hunt for those he see as enemies
Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by anonimi: 11:41am On Jan 02, 2016
IyaIode:
The All Progressive Congress (APC) yesterday unfolded the strategies for raising funds to finance its
presidential campaign, saying the intention was to democratise electioneering and to operate a transparent and accountable fundraising and management.
Director of the Buhari-Osinbajo Campaign Fundraising Committee and Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), who unveiled the strategies at a press briefing in Lagos said the intention was also “to show that Nigeria is a civilised country and that things can be done differently and that change be upon us.”
Other members of the 12-member committee, according to Fashola, include Kano State Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, Prince Olagunsoye
Oyinlola, former Governor Timipre Sylva, Mr Olawale Edun, Abbas Bello, Ikechukwu Obiora, Farouq Adamu Aliyu, Sharon Ikeazor, Hon. Sabo
Nakudu, Alhaji Sardauna Habeeb, Alhaji Babaru Abubakar and Alhaji Bola Oyebode..
Addressing APC chieftains and supporters, members of the State Executive Council, media executives and other stakeholders and supporters in, Fashola said the committee has come up with five platforms on which ordinary Nigerians could contribute to the fund, adding that the idea was
based on the desire to give Nigeria back to ordinary citizens of the country.
He said the plan was in tandem with the desire of the presidential candidate, General Buhari, “to have a campaign that involved ordinary people and that he was committing to a transparent and accountable fund raising and management,” adding that the committee has taken that as, the compass in developing the fund raising strategies.
sunnewsonline.com/new/how-apc-raises-campaign-funds-fashola/

Buhari and his APC party people seem to love eating YAMS so much oh walahi grin grin

bappahman:
A group of yam farmers cutting across some northern states in the country have pledged to support the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Mohammadu Buhari’s campaign in the 2015 general elections with N5 billion.

The group disclosed this in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Jos on Tuesday.

Rev. Jacob Musa, Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the farmers under the name “Buhari-Osinbajo Presidential Appeal Campaign Fund (BOPCAF),
said that farmers from 10 states of the federation were planning the fund raiser.
Musa said members drawn from Taraba, Nasarawa, Plateau, Adamawa, Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Niger and Kaduna states as well as the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, would feature at the occasion.

He said that Prof. Emmanuel Garba, who lost the governorship primary of the APC in Plateau, was a founding father of the group.
“We have contributed five million tubers of yam to be donated in support of the funding of Buhari’s presidential campaign.

“The five million tubers of yam will be retailed at a special price of N1,000 each towards raising the sum of N5 billion in support of the APC
candidate,’’ it said.
grin shocked
The statement said that the public presentation of the five million tubers of yam would hold at the Mararaban Demshin village yam market in
Qua’an Pan Local Government Area of Plateau on Jan. 4, 2015.

It stated that the ceremony would also witness traditional wrestling involving 500 traditional wrestlers from the 19 northern states and the FCT.

“The aim is to mobilise the wrestlers in the campaign against poverty, crime, killings, kidnappings, armed robbery, cattle rustling, rape, cultism, election rigging, looting of public fund, smuggling, terrorism and other social vices now prevalent in the society,’’ it said.

The statement also said that the event would be heralded by a world press conference in Jos, sponsored by Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha.
It added that the event would be attended by Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers in his capacity as the Director-General of the Buhari-Osinbajo
Campaign Organisation on Jan. 2, 2014.

http://leadership.ng/news/398639/northern-yam-farmers-raise-n5bn-buharis-campaign

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3206894_tmp30566fbimg1450529509545914443311_jpeg4c3407a2efe4a93f64218f856abf9b9a

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by maestroferddi: 11:45am On Jan 02, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
This question of how sponsored campaigns could end up nailing Jonathan. The fund raising dinner that was organized to raise money for his campaign was seen by some lawyers, upon the money realized, as being contrary with the Electoral Act.
Oga don't waste our time.

Face the question staring you in the face.

Saint Buhari's should better start providing answers to the sordid issues APC propaganda machine is trying to sweep under the carpet.

Buhari's misnomer of an anti-corruption crusade is nothing besides the acts of a vindictive dictator.

1 Like

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by MrOmoyemi: 11:46am On Jan 02, 2016
superpundit:
As President Buhari continues to get encomium for his acclaimed fight against corruption, one critical missing link which many opponent and proponent of his administration have been silent on is, how did the APC fund his election. we remembered our able president told Nigerians he took a bank loan to pay for his form. firstly, there is strong ethical question hanging on the action of PMB to borrow money from a bank to fund his bid for presidency. I know the president merely sold that to Nigerian as part of the APC's propaganda to Nigerians to create the impression that its candidate is truly a masses' man.
Away from that, the real question as Nigerians look critically into Dasukigate, we also need to ask the questions, what was the source of APC's funding for the last presidential election. if the president claims that he is not a rich man, then by law, I know there is an obligation to INEC, the government and the Nigerian people to provide audited account of campaign fund for all parties. Except the president comes clean on this, there is no way he can convince rightly thinking Nigerians, as apart APC mugus and magas, that he is incorruptible.
no doubt this explains why most politicians in the APC fold will never be probed or purnished once Buhari remains Nigeria's president. he dare not try it and if he attempts to, the dirty linen of the president will be washed in the open.

To me, except PMB can come clean on this, he is deceiving himself, and very soon, the same hawks who joined arms with him and sold his candidacy to gullible Nigerians will soon come back for his jugular very soon if he fails to settle boys accordingly, when times come for them to get their returns.
Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by MrOmoyemi: 11:47am On Jan 02, 2016
[quote author=superpundit post=41567695]As President Buhari continues to get encomium for his acclaimed fight against corruption, one critical missing link which many opponent and proponent of his administration have been silent on is, how did the APC fund his election. we remembered our able president told Nigerians he took a bank loan to pay for his form. firstly, there is strong ethical question hanging on the action of PMB to borrow money from a bank to fund his bid for presidency. I know the president merely sold that to Nigerian as part of the APC's propaganda to Nigerians to create the impression that its candidate is truly a masses' man.
Away from that, the real question as Nigerians look critically into Dasukigate, we also need to ask the questions, what was the source of APC's funding for the last presidential election. if the president claims that he is not a rich man, then by law, I know there is an obligation to INEC, the government and the Nigerian people to provide audited account of campaign fund for all parties. Except the president comes clean on this, there is no way he can convince rightly thinking Nigerians, as apart APC mugus and magas, that he is incorruptible.
no doubt this explains why most politicians in the APC fold will never be probed or purnished once Buhari remains Nigeria's president. he dare not try it and if he attempts to, the dirty linen of the president will be washed in the open.

To me, except PMB can come clean on this, he is deceiving himself, and very soon, the same hawks who joined arms with him and sold his candidacy to gullible Nigerians will soon come back for his jugular very soon if he fails to settle boys accordingly, when times come for them to get their returns.

I dnt understand!!!
Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by anonimi: 11:51am On Jan 02, 2016
maestroferddi:
Oga don't waste our time.

Face the question staring you in the face.

Saint Buhari's should better start providing answers to the sordid issues APC propaganda machine is trying to sweep under the carpet.

Buhari's misnomer of an anti-corruption crusade is nothing besides the acts of a vindictive dictator.

Na their style be that- DEFLECT uncomfortable questions away from their utterly CORRUPT pretending saint Boobooo.
They think we are all gullible 200 million mumus, not so
But thank God we are not all like that.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3119840_3086701funnyjpeg9aeb2b686522cfbdad09180eab0db45e_jpeg77e052703f81538f8ab4b27ced5dfdc0

1 Like

Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by AZeD1(m): 11:56am On Jan 02, 2016
Firefire:

Shalom!

There is nothing like a one sided fight against corruption. It's either you are corrupt or not, everything other thing (race, religion, political affiliation, gender, status, education) is irrelevant.

The question is "those who have been arrested/interrogated, have they stolen/corrupt or not"?
Re: Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions by enitiObanke(m): 11:57am On Jan 02, 2016
signature2012:

This is not the issue of wailing but asking a sincere question.As we all know #dasukigate was used to fund PDP campaign,now ask yourself,dont you think their will be #APCgate where the money for funding the campaign came from?

Dasukigate alone couldn't have funded PDP campaigns in the 2015 general elections, in fact am certain that Dasukigate won't account for more than 5-10% of PDP spendings in the last election. Let's wait with our hearts in our mouth until Buhari's probe gets to NNPC, then Fed Min of Finance, and lastly CBN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Confirms Donations To Obasanjo Library / Atiku Files Fresh Suit For Tinubu's Records To Be Released By CSU / Senate Rejects Melaye's Motion To Request Details Of Officers Deployed To Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.