Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,031 members, 7,903,351 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:11 AM

Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? (20567 Views)

Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony / How To Make The Big Brands Beg To Sponsor Your Event / Can You Sponsor A Comedy Event? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by maxtop(m): 9:22am On Jun 15, 2009
Does it matter, ? To me, it doesn't once there is mutual understanding between both parties and she is ready to foot the bills. But men will always think that the lady can demand or boast of it in the future,
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by spikedcylinder: 9:36am On Jun 15, 2009
Thread reminds me of my cousin's wedding in 2006.

Her dad (my mum's brother) is extremely wealthy and doesn't spare expenses when it comes to his kids. Before the wedding I hadn't seen my cousin since Florida over 15 years ago and had no idea what she had blossomed into. I wasn't sure of her age but my mum said she is over 30. Now, this girl looks like a goddess - a lookalike but prettier version of Modupe Ozolua.
When she came home for the wedding it was so sad. Her husband had no job and his family were not that well off. During the ceremony, my uncle gave them a house in Park View, a brand new Honda Civic, all expense paid trips to the Carribean, South Africa and Obudu. . . as wedding gifts. From the groom's side, his family sang a song at the wedding. Its the thought that counts abi?
The disparity was embarrassingly glaring. So sad that when we were proceeding from the Church to the reception, as we were driving out, we saw the groom's parents hailing okadas outside.
My mum blamed my cousin though. She said even if the groom was from a poor home, she should have catered for their cars, clothes and stuff so as not to embarrass them that way at the wedding.

I haven't heard anything bad about them (the couple) yet though.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by oludashmi(f): 9:37am On Jun 15, 2009
maxtop:

Does it matter, ? To me, it doesn't once there is mutual understanding between both parties and she is ready to foot the bills. But men will always think that the lady can demand or boast of it in the future,

Now you are talking Etisalat wink and you know the implications being a man
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Realsam(m): 10:03am On Jun 15, 2009
sponsoring the wedding is not the issue here. Questions
Who pays the rent afterwards
Who foot the housekeeping
Kids? Yes, who will foot the bills
The original question should have been will you marry a ma who has net worth of zero even 2, 3 years after. If I'm a lady I can sponsor my wedding 100% if the guy has plans, purpose and potential that is feasible in say 2, 3 years down the line. Or what is the use if my husband sponsored our wedding 100% only down the line to find out he inherit the wealth and 2, 3 years down the line he can't maintain it and now he is on level zero. It is not about the wedding or the marriage but about the home you build thereafter.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by jaybee3(m): 10:11am On Jun 15, 2009
Don't see anything wrong in it if she can afford it.
Roles are being reversed this days u know;
Men sitting at home to bring up the children whilst the women gets the bills paid
Understanding and genuine love is the key.

Although, i am kinda traditional and probably won't allow it cos of my ego but i def can't see anything wrong with it.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Valo29: 10:13am On Jun 15, 2009
There's no harm in the woman contributing but not sponsor the whole wedding o!Though some women like veeeeeeery elaborate-one-in-town wedding. If that be the case,she's on her own.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by presido1: 10:16am On Jun 15, 2009
If all you girls cannot pay for the wedding 100% why then do you want equality? Does it mean that feminism is now dead.

Like david wrote i must make sure i have the whole budget b4 putting it up. Anything she gives is jara.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Ben13: 10:42am On Jun 15, 2009
at times women are good sponsors cheesy
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by JJYOU: 10:45am On Jun 15, 2009
naijacutee:

There is nothing about egos or desperation. It is pure common sense. Basically, marriage as I know is meant to be an an institution made up of two people partners - One head, one support. If the "head" needs support in footing the wedding bills, then why not? After all, the man isn't marrying himself is he? 
common sence.  what is wrong in paying especially now in naija where most young men dont have jobs.  personally i dont support young men marrying without means of keeping a home but if the girl choose to help so be it.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by proshare: 10:51am On Jun 15, 2009
sponsor as in taking charge of the whole expenses, noooo, i cnt as a lady coz it will surely tell or affect the marriage later on.

ego or pride would surely pump up
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by touchmeder: 10:55am On Jun 15, 2009
i will contribute my quota even if i can sponsor the wedding on my own i wont. let him do his bit like the man he is.
Knowing the kind of parents i have, they will pitch in too
everyone is happy at the end of the day huh
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by eleshin(m): 10:57am On Jun 15, 2009
i don't think its OK
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by JisolaMar(f): 11:11am On Jun 15, 2009
Are we here saying that d groom sponsors d wedding all alone?
i av never seen a wedding sponsored by d groom or even d bride al alone!!!

In most cases,it doesnt happen that way,there r often more than one sponsor.d main sponsor may be d groom while d others support & in some cases d groom's parents or even hs elder siblings just tell hm 2 pocket hs dole 4 after d weding(even when he can singlehandedly afford 2 do so) while they do most of d bils picking.

In my part of d country,parents also pride themselves in giving their daughters a memorable wedding such that t[b]hey just must [/b]be part of d sponsors even going as far as picking al d bills for d trad engagement (venue,food, decorations,alaga etc).d bride too may also give er parents money to support em. + most parents pk d bill 4 their own outfit!

But wot i thnk shld (& must?) be d guy's take is hs outfit & hs bride's 4 all d occasions(dresses,jeweleries accessories,etc),their rings,their honeymoon,video & pix,their cake.he shld also gv d bride sufficient money 4 er makeup,hair,etc etc. & if he doesnt not av supporters in hs parents/sibs/brides parents,then he shld make provision for al d rest o or better not propsoe just yet grin

In essence, i cannot sponsor my wedding 100% tho i av a small savings 4 my big day just 2 support everyone else wink
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Rogo: 11:56am On Jun 15, 2009
YES SOME WOMEN CAN DO IT, BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT OUTSIDE DISCUSSION BRINGS OUT WHAT REALLY HAPPEN OR HAPPENING WITHIN THE TWO PERSON WHO CAME TOGETHER. IF THEY KEEP THEIR SECRETS NOBODY WILL KNOW WHO FOOT THE BILL. WEDDING IS JUST A CELEBRATION THE MARRIAGE IS THE MAJOR ISSUE. SO IF AM TO BE IN THE SHOES OF SUCH MAN I WILL MAKE ALL POSSIBLE MEANS OF RUNNING THE FAMILY AFFAIRS 100%.

FOR THOSE OF US WHO CAN'T IS NOT A PROBLEM BUT THE ISSUE HERE IS YOU WAIT FOR THE MAN YOU REALLY LOVE TO MAKE IT FOR YOU.

BECAUSE LIFE HAVE TAUGHT ME THAT WHO YOU LOVE DON'T SOMETIMES HAVE THE OPPORTUNITIES OR EVERYTHING YOU WANT.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by echofamozo(m): 1:07pm On Jun 15, 2009
As a man i wouldn't allowed a lady sponsor my wedding because after the whole wedding wahala, she will automatically turn the husband of the house because she did the job of the man but in some cases where the woman is desperate, as in overaged she wouldn't mind it at all may be due to presure from all angles but after evrything she will come out of her shell. so guysssssssssssssss make una no try allow any woman sponsor your wedding ooo if you know you are not ready then keep it till you are ready.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by MissEZ(f): 1:08pm On Jun 15, 2009
thanks Oyinda and the other person who fixed the statement for me smiley. at na2day, lol, na so marriage de happen?

Your marriage is what you make it, if two of you can agree, i think things will be okay. what if his not being able to provide for the wedding at that time is just a temporary issue and he can provide for you afterwards, will u sponsor the wedding then?

Let the man be a man kinda statement is easy to throw around now, but if a man said that about a woman, we will scream bloody murder.

I think as we should learn to look at the big picture, although that picture varies for individuals smiley
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by agabaI23(m): 1:09pm On Jun 15, 2009
oludashmi:

Dear, it is not even integrity, it means he is not MATURED yet. Because both have to be matured in all aspect of life and the man should be able to have a say FINANCIALLY (no particular measurement for finances).

Come to think of it, the guy in the advert pasted by the poster is only looking for a desperate lady to fool, he is just 28 years and desperate for a wife. If he doesn't have a job, let him be patient while he gets something substantial or manageable doing. Any lady who makes this mistake will leave her life in regrets cos after the wedding she continues with the task!

I thought about this also.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by hackney(m): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2009
My girl pay for my wedding to her ? Before that happens can someone cut my head off pls?
and then another person grind my bleeping carcass in a giant blender and dump that slurry shit in the ocean.
If she sneakily contributes eh, that na trust issue o o!!

I'm of the impression that a girl shld sit back and relax a bit unless she's cooking or cleaning.

I've been out with girls who are 6billion times more paid but i'll never let them foot the bill on no outing meals.If i can't afford it, my dear i wait or don't go there at all.
Infact one oyibo girl found it strange that i wont let her pay for even a mars bar in the sweet shop on millions of occasions.

That's the only aspect of life i'm completely and unexplainably archaic.
It might be stupid but i just cant do it  and people find it weird but whatever.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Kelvinj(m): 1:34pm On Jun 15, 2009
[i][/i]
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Kelvinj(m): 1:38pm On Jun 15, 2009
Any lady dat feel she cnt contribute no mata hw small 2 her weddn is not worthy 2 be calld a wife. Cos in marriage she is 2 be a helpmate unlike in mere dating where d girl xpects evry 4 d guy aldo i also appreciate girls who even help dia boyfriends during time of distress. So i dnt see anytin wrong in sponsoring if she can do dat so far dia is a mutual undastandn. & d guy shld on his own part luv nd appreciate her cos it doesnt cum dat easy.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by kalmebad(f): 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2009
sponsoring and contributing to the success of the wedding, two different thing here

I will contribute my quota , the reason it's my day, probably there could be things i would want done in my own way

Serving g8ly towards that, but to sponsor, hell No
except i will pay the groom price and have him answer my fathers name, only then can i be willing to take full responsibility of sponsoring otherwise what is "HE A MAN FOR??

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by chiezimah(m): 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2009
no lady will sponsor and blab abt it. It is shameful on ur part to belittle ur man. However what i wld suggest to those ladies who say they cant , pray that u get into the right hands
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by heather(f): 4:24pm On Jun 15, 2009
Then why do those who do it do it?

becos they are despirados
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Hauwa1: 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2009
interesting posts!

@ topic
Nope!
i will only take care of my gown and accessories cool.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Supercharg: 10:02pm On Jun 15, 2009
Isnt the brides family responsible for the wedding? so what is wrong with her sponsoring the wedding if her family can not?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by na2day2(m): 10:32pm On Jun 15, 2009
naijacutee:

One thing we have to realise is that nobody owes us anything. Etisalat is in business to make a profit - As long as they provide the services you pay for (i.e the line you paid for works), then they are not obligated to fine tune their promos to suit your taste. Any promo they carry out is their business, and if it is real - an added bonus. No one owes you anything you didn't pay for! If you had shares with them, or paid "Promo fees", then you will have a right to get annoyed - If not, pull your thumb out of your mouth and enjoy the good service they already provide.

honey, after this kin yan wey u give so, i don run go buy the ring but not vex oo, na for the dollar store i buy, just try manage grin grin grin

spikedcylinder:

Thread reminds me of my cousin's wedding in 2006.

Her dad (my mum's brother) is extremely wealthy and doesn't spare expenses when it comes to his kids. Before the wedding I hadn't seen my cousin since Florida over 15 years ago and had no idea what she had blossomed into. I wasn't sure of her age but my mum said she is over 30. Now, this girl looks like a goddess - a lookalike but prettier version of Modupe Ozolua.
When she came home for the wedding it was so sad. Her husband had no job and his family were not that well off. During the ceremony, my uncle gave them a house in Park View, a brand new Honda Civic, all expense paid trips to the Carribean, South Africa and Obudu. . . as wedding gifts. From the groom's side, his family sang a song at the wedding. Its the thought that counts abi?
The disparity was embarrassingly glaring. So sad that when we were proceeding from the Church to the reception, as we were driving out, we saw the groom's parents hailing okadas outside.
My mum blamed my cousin though. She said even if the groom was from a poor home, she should have catered for their cars, clothes and stuff so as not to embarrass them that way at the wedding.

I haven't heard anything bad about them (the couple) yet though.

no vex ooo, shey ur uncle get another daughter? my ppl go come with canoe so if hin wan buy us yacht to use i no go mind grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by jagwar: 1:26am On Jun 16, 2009
SEE ALL THESE FUNNY WOMEN WHO WANT TO EAT THEIR CAKE AND HAVE IT. THEY WANT EQUALITY WITH MEN BUT WHEN MONEY IS INVOLVED, "A MAN SHOULD BE A MAN" NAWA FOR U WOMEN, EITHER TAKE UR RIGHTFUL POSITION OR GO ALL OUT TO COMPETE WITH MEN.

U CANT EAT UR CAKE AND HAVE IT. MEANWHILE I'D NEVER PROPOSE IF I COULDNT AFFORD A PROPER WEDDING. WIVES SHOULDNT HAVE TO PAY FOR ANYTHING UNLESS SHE WANTS TO, THIS IS THE WAY IT SHULD BE.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by na2day2(m): 2:16am On Jun 16, 2009
jagwar:

SEE ALL THESE FUNNY WOMEN WHO WANT TO EAT THEIR CAKE AND HAVE IT. THEY WANT EQUALITY WITH MEN BUT WHEN MONEY IS INVOLVED, "A MAN SHOULD BE A MAN" NAWA FOR U WOMEN, EITHER TAKE UR RIGHTFUL POSITION OR GO ALL OUT TO COMPETE WITH MEN.

U CANT EAT UR CAKE AND HAVE IT. MEANWHILE I'D NEVER PROPOSE IF I COULDNT AFFORD A PROPER WEDDING. WIVES SHOULDNT HAVE TO PAY FOR ANYTHING UNLESS SHE WANTS TO, THIS IS THE WAY IT SHULD BE.

my broda, give me hand, na u biko. stick the truth to them jare grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by cvibe: 6:11am On Jun 16, 2009
Research shows that over 30's women won't mind sponsoring their own wedding if they are about to miss the last marriage ferry.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by spikedcylinder: 8:45am On Jun 16, 2009
na2day?:

no vex ooo, shey ur uncle get another daughter? my ppl go come with canoe so if hin wan buy us yacht to use i no go mind grin grin grin

LOL! His other daughter is dead. You still want? tongue
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Ben13: 9:57am On Jun 16, 2009
A begger has no choice.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by routik(m): 10:51am On Jun 16, 2009
depending on the level of understanding and LOVE involved in most cases if the love is sharking the lady or if she is lost. ,
whatever love is blind as they say, while some ladies are desperate to marry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban / Tony Anenih's 80th Birthday Celebration Pictures / Igbo Women Join MC To Do Zanku Legwork Dance At An Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.