Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:45 AM

Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly (48421 Views)

Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP / Buhari Withdraws Ibeto From Ministerial List - Vanguard / Buhari Withdraws Diplomatic, Official Passports From Ex- Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by dBard: 11:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
Psalm18:
Do we call this tardiness or does it show the President is responsive to criticism?

This is why criticism is good. As long as its healthy.
Instead of all of us chanting sai Buhari and the man is misled by his cabinet.

Tardiness...in all sincerity

Presenting a budget of this nature, at a time like this, without due diligence is INEXCUSABLE.

Screaming humility doesn't take away the fact of the matter.
Lawd, this is akin to a student copying word for word Without reading wat he/she's copying...
S.m.h

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by dBard: 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
crixtex:

Lol... he couldn't ve read every detail

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
The kind of excuses u hear these days, leaves u like shocked undecided
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by erico2k2(m): 11:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
IamPatriotic:
I'm a Buharist to the bone, and I'll be very happy if this report turns out to be true because it will will reaffirm our belief in the PMB/PYO presidency.... I work in the budget unit of my MDA it's no hidden fact that the 2016 budget proposal was hurriedly prepared to meet up with the deadline and President Buhari couldn't have read every details.
I'm a sane world he should have the budget in place b4 elections. He should have studied Nigeria financial range and marked where it lacks. Stop making excuses for our leaders.they simply ain't fit to rule.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by wiseoneking: 11:09pm On Jan 04, 2016
jadekoya01:

You are timid and very dull
Nope! I think you one who is timidull here. He just spoke the right thing.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by drss1(m): 11:19pm On Jan 04, 2016
banio:

Why would You hurriedly prepare a budget when U were sworn in 29th of May. That makes no sense to me. Except you are explicitly implying that PMB's budget team is a snail
dis govt is totally confused. just yesterday buari dullard justifies his snail speed govt as a deliberate effort to avoid making mistakes. despite taking 7 months to form a cabinet, he still came with same corrupt faces as ministers. as if dat was not enough, they hurriedly formed a budget, not because they want to see development immediate but to beat a dateline, only to end up with so many errors. is dat not surprising very ironic dat a govt which justifies snail speed n claimed to be taking time to avoid mistakes ends up making terrible mistakes. expect d 2016 budget to be passed in may.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by fanysteve: 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2016
Kyase:

smarter than your whole tribe combined grin
is BUHARI always chewing something each time he speaks English, cos i hardly understands him , PMB speaks like an illiterate and a dullard,pls is he ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by abe4kom: 11:37pm On Jan 04, 2016
urbanmonk:

Abeg you don ever see presidential convoy break down for road?
Or checked by road safety?
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by akigbemaru: 11:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
Withdrawn the 2016 budget
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by maxtamazin: 11:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
IamPatriotic:
I'm a Buharist to the bone, and I'll be very happy if this report turns out to be true because it will will reaffirm our belief in the PMB/PYO presidency.... I work in the budget unit of my MDA it's no hidden fact that the 2016 budget proposal was hurriedly prepared to meet up with the deadline and President Buhari couldn't have read every details.

Are you serious? 7months to look at last year budget and it took Nigerians 24hours to see the lies and hidden corruption in the budget.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2016
IamPatriotic:

Really? ?
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by drss1(m): 11:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
Yksoul:
GOOD GESTURE,U DISCOVER YOUR MISTAKE AND MAKE AMENDS.MOST OF THE BILLIONS BUDGETED DURING GEJ PDP TENURE WERE JUST FOR LOOTING AND CHOP I CHOP.THEY PREPARED THE BUDGET WITHOUT SECOND THOUGHT,IT IS NOW THE FIRST TIME WE ARE HAVING A PRESIDENT WITH SECOND THOUGHT,GOD BLESS NIGERIA,GOD BLESS BUHARI
wat is dis one saying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by cizy: 12:03am On Jan 05, 2016
I can recall vividly that passingshot defended that budget with all his might...

Cc modath, ngeneukwenu, omenka, Shaftrod, tuale4u, disloman, atama27, ba7man, beremx, obiagelli

So Buhari didn't bother to peruse Nigeria's lifeline for 2016 but hurriedly presented it to NASS? What carelessness, cluelessness and crass incompetence. Even primary school students do read their books before their all important exams but as old as Buhari is, he finds it very convenient making costly mistakes?

Well, like ba7man said, Buhari exposed his ignorance and should therefore hide his head/face in shame...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Ibime(m): 12:24am On Jan 05, 2016
Public perception is key. It is only right and proper for the President to withdraw the budget lest it undermines his message.

I write budgets and business cases as part of my work. The truth is most directors do not know what is in their budgets. Even the people who write the budgets often dont know what constitutes the numbers they put in.

Buhari would have been presented with the final budget summary ie X amount on Staffing costs, Y amount on Capital expenditure, Z on transport etc. He would not know the detail or even see the line by line PL. of a sub-department such as the Presidency. Whoever did the Presidency budget is out of tune with the ethos of the leader he serves and should be fired.

Kudos to the President for having the humility to ask for a review of this PR disaster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Adminisher: 12:44am On Jan 05, 2016
ticker:
Buhari is not fit to rule a complex country like Nigeria becos he is too dull

He ruled the country before you were probably born and he is successfully rulling it again. Inferiority complex is the hallmark of your roots.

I am yet to see a government that is confident enough to do this. This is supreme confidence to correct a mistake based on comments of Nigerians. Incidentally it was informed by the desire to be very different from Goodluck regime. You can draw your inferences from thst
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Adminisher: 12:47am On Jan 05, 2016
Neeson:

Really? ?

What is really?
The US even ran it's government for four years without budgets. They are very complex things. It is very East to obfuscate facts and hide funds inside any budget. Obama 's budget has been like that.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Adminisher: 12:48am On Jan 05, 2016
maxtamazin:

Are you serious? 7months to look at last year budget and it took Nigerians 24hours to see the lies and hidden corruption in the budget.
The problem is that the Senate would have passed it. Only the house of reps even showed willingness to look at the fine details.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by vikyno(m): 1:05am On Jan 05, 2016
kokoA:
Mumu. You call someone that rose to become a general in the Nigerian Army dull. Have you achieved a tenth of what he has achieved?

He got there as a result of the Quota system that favoured him. He was simply a Quota System General.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 05, 2016
....when we refer to him as a corrupt dullard of daura, some pple will starting their banning as if banning is their occupation.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by pimpo: 1:07am On Jan 05, 2016
IamPatriotic:

Your comment has only served to portray the govt. as incompetent and not vindicate them as you intended.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:57am On Jan 05, 2016
Kyase:
smarter than your whole tribe combined grin
Thank you
Dont mind low brain thinking Nigerians.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:58am On Jan 05, 2016
urbanmonk:

Abeg you don ever see presidential convoy break down for road?

Hmmmmmmm
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Forwetinnah: 2:16am On Jan 05, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing action from the President.

Shameless!! You should be ashamed...every thing about this government is INCONCLUSIVE. Was Booooohari hibernating under a Rock when the budget was sent to the house? Goes to show how incompetent he is, a sly fox who thought he could get away with outrageous excesses..this is why the wailers will continue to wail so that hypocrites like you can be put to shame. The level of confusion in the APC is amazing to watch...i see why this government is trying to gag the activities on social media

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Forwetinnah: 2:24am On Jan 05, 2016
Adminisher:

He ruled the country before you were probably born and he is successfully rulling it again. Inferiority complex is the hallmark of your roots.

I am yet to see a government that is confident enough to do this. This is supreme confidence to correct a mistake based on comments of Nigerians. Incidentally it was informed by the desire to be very different from Goodluck regime. You can draw your inferences from thst

Sorry, Booooohari NEVER RULED in the past!! IDIAGBON DID!!!!! Now that Idiagbon isn't here to correct his mistakes and Osinbajo has been cleverly sidelined by his Kunu cabinet...see him being the clown that he is. He never was a leader, he only likes being in charge with Zero competence. That's the average hausa/fulani mentally. Be a dunce but remain on top

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Forwetinnah: 2:30am On Jan 05, 2016
Grundig:
I hope Buhari's regime will not be characterised for its' gaffes. There's been one too many errors, omissions and freudian slips already.

He's trying to save face...209 million for drugs and medical supplies? Seriously?! It's either we have one very sick President or everyone in Aso Rock is terminally ill.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by favourlove1: 2:42am On Jan 05, 2016
HzRF:
And some idi0ts that have eaten rice think PDP is dead
by d time youths of this country stop toeing religious n ethnic lines they would b able to see clearly. Politics is d biggest fraud ever!
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by urbanmonk: 2:53am On Jan 05, 2016
Constitutionally, they say the VP heads the economic team. But from this 2016 budget that Buhari presented to NASS, I strongly believe that Prof. Osibanjo didn't make any input into the budget and planning.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by medtoks: 3:01am On Jan 05, 2016
Wait o...but some Nigerians had already praised the budget shocked
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by naijaboy756: 3:02am On Jan 05, 2016
I am shocked that people are in support of this epic executive blunder. Wheeeeewww!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:32am On Jan 05, 2016
InLoveWithGod:
We are living in a very funny country call Nigeria. When people were criticising this budget, supporters of this govt were calling them wailing wailers. Now that pmb is about to do something good because of the cry(criticism) of the wailing wailers, his supporters are calling him "listening president". They accept everything that comes out of this govt as 'perfect' not minding that pmb is human like us all.
Anyway, lets wait and see if this is true.
I don't just understand the type of jazz Buhari gives his supporters.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by securi: 4:34am On Jan 05, 2016
I have been wondering if VP is truly ever in charge of the economy as earlier claimed (cuz l don't even know what to believe, things keep changing in dis govt), but if indeed he is, then he really needs to be thrashed for this. He went about making PowerPoint presentations on economic reform before and after election and could not deliver the first major assignment related to the economy well, that is shameful. I used to see him as d key thinking engine of this got while PMB drives implementation but with this l give up on him, except indeed he wasn't in charge as earlier claimed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Dagoma: 5:18am On Jan 05, 2016
TERRIBLE
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Nobody: 5:30am On Jan 05, 2016
Not withdrawn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ben Murray-Bruce's Posts About Anthony Joshua. Nigerians Blast Him / What's The Difference Between The Senate And House Of Representative? / Insecurity: Obaseki Declares Curfew In Edo, As Army Begins Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.