Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,370 members, 7,888,203 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:34 PM

Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly (48428 Views)

Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP / Buhari Withdraws Ibeto From Ministerial List - Vanguard / Buhari Withdraws Diplomatic, Official Passports From Ex- Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by badman007(m): 9:53am On Jan 05, 2016
Responsible president.... If its faulty, just fix it!!! Nobody is perfect. Realising your mistake and making it right is the closest we can get to perfection.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Objektive: 10:13am On Jan 05, 2016
ONE BOTTLE OF ORIGIN FOR YOU.

NO CERTIFICATE.......BUT I MUST BE PRESIDENT OR BLOOD WILL FLOW....

Forwetinnah:

Sorry, Booooohari NEVER RULED in the past!! IDIAGBON DID!!!!! Now that Idiagbon isn't here to correct his mistakes and Osinbajo has been cleverly sidelined by his Kunu cabinet...see him being the clown that he is. He never was a leader, he only likes being in charge with Zero competence. That's the average hausa/fulani mentally. Be a dunce but remain on top

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by ug0197777: 10:28am On Jan 05, 2016
CHANGE! CHANGER!! CHANGEST!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Shaftrod(m): 10:56am On Jan 05, 2016
@Cizy. Am happy you brought your family into this by saying your nephew had more brains than I. I want to believe that you are a 'graduate of circumstance' in your family. Your brother decided to drop his education for yours because of the financial constraint of sending both of you to school? Could you check the Daily Trust of today where your rumour or do I call it stupidity has been been debunked?
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by chernest2002: 10:58am On Jan 05, 2016
Even if Buhari retouch the budget for a million times it will still be the same cause Buhari no go school ,the wise and educated around him are all corrupt so I see no change coming.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by NavierStokes(m): 11:11am On Jan 05, 2016
justice2016:
It appears buhari is learning this job of presidency. Gej was more quick in executing things . I am confused now . Buhari has been one time a head of state

Head of state with "30 years ago" experience

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by somziency: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2016
IamPatriotic:
I'm a Buharist to the bone, and I'll be very happy if this report turns out to be true because it will will reaffirm our belief in the PMB/PYO presidency.... I work in the budget unit of my MDA it's no hidden fact that the 2016 budget proposal was hurriedly prepared to meet up with the deadline and President Buhari couldn't have read every details.

This is his first budget after several attempts to presidency one expects that it should be right, thoughtful and packed. Agreed he may not have been able to read every details but the blueprint need to come from him and for somebody who clamoured and promised change he should portray it. Budget is not quotation.
It sounds like the budget units in MDA's concocted an expenses over 6 trillion Naira and he swallowed it hook, line and sinker (only been realised now). Now he is running helter skelter for close to 2 trillion naira to finance the budget. IMF MD is in Nigeria, we contacting Paris and London clubs (Again!!!) In addition to other loans.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Mentcee(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2016
fanysteve:
is BUHARI always chewing something each time he speaks English, cos i hardly understands him , PMB speaks like an illiterate and a dullard,pls is he ?
Yes! The vengeance laden old fool is too illiterate to even comprehend basic questions in English.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by ODUBEZE: 12:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
IamPatriotic:
I'm a Buharist to the bone, and I'll be very happy if this report turns out to be true because it will will reaffirm our belief in the PMB/PYO presidency.... I work in the budget unit of my MDA it's no hidden fact that the 2016 budget proposal was hurriedly prepared to meet up with the deadline and President Buhari couldn't have read every details.
What an excuse. Why did he not make mistakes to short change himself rather than make it extravagant?
It is well!
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by ODUBEZE: 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
urbanmonk:

Abeg you don ever see presidential convoy break down for road?
My brother, I wonder how all these things won take cost 27M. Abi no be the equipments we know?
Abi he won go buy him own for heaven?
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by ahaika23: 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
Illiterate President!!! Not surprised, never will. All the e-zombies please kindly support the empty brained one, thank you.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by punkyellla(f): 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
pablobellins:
hope it wont affect the #5000 for unemployed graduate.
Why is there no change yet. The naira will soon be N1000 to a dollar, very expensive fuel, Baba one chance and his oil marketers who are now ministers are busy looting the countrys treasury, using foreign trips to open foreign Accounts. Where is the 1naira 1dollar campaign promise.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by petermichaels(m): 1:51pm On Jan 05, 2016
We are in 4shits as dis. We ask 4it so here it is. Illeteracy is a disease.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Shaftrod(m): 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
Stop bothering yourselves. The budget is not withdrawn. Check Daily Trust of today. You've been misinformed.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by duwdu: 2:04pm On Jan 05, 2016
Those that have ears that can listen to other things but lies and propaganda, let them hear:

FG: 2016 budget NOT withdrawn

http://dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-2016-budget-not-withdrawn/127359.html

FG: 2016 budget not withdrawn
By Isiaka Wakili & Ismail Mudashir | Publish Date: Jan 4 2016 11:09PM | Updated Date: Jan 5 2016 5:26AM

FG: 2016 budget not withdrawn

[img]http://cms.dailytrust.com.ng/cms/gall_content/2016/1/2016_1$largeimg104_Jan_2016_230955913.jpg[/img]
Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed

The Federal Government has denied speculations on a purported withdrawal of the 2016 Appropriation Bill from the National Assembly for certain “alterations”.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, in a telephone chat with our correspondent last night described it as a “big lie”. There were speculations that President Muhammadu Buhari had written to the National Assembly requesting to withdraw the budget proposal. He had on December 22 presented a budget estimate of N6.08 trillion to a joint session of the National Assembly.

The information minister emphasised yesterday that the budget was not withdrawn, saying: “It is a big lie. There is nothing like that. We don’t know where they are getting that story”. In the same vein, Senate Leader Mohammed Ali Ndume also told Daily Trust last night that the budget proposal was not withdrawn.

He said it was impossible to withdraw the budget, adding that it could only be adjusted, if need be, during its defence at the National Assembly.

“It is not a document that you can just write and say you are withdrawing it. The budget proposal that has been laid at a joint session of the National Assembly cannot just be withdrawn like that. Budget proposal is not a document that is sacrosanct. You can adjust it and this is why it is before us. During the budget defence, it can be adjusted if need be”, he said. Ndume disclosed that the budget defence would start as soon as the lawmakers resume from their Christmas and New Year break on January 12.
“It is then that they can add or do whatever they want on it but it cannot be withdrawn like that”, he said.

Guys, enough of these false "news" and rascally threads.

P34c3
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Shaftrod(m): 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
And they are using this platform to peddle lies, propaganda and misinformation not only about the person of the president but about the nation as well. It's really pathetic.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by millionboi(m): 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
IamPatriotic:

sorry to get you disappointed, I neither share religion nor ethnicity with president, the only thing we both have in common is our resolve to making the country better than it's now.
and u tink u wil achieve it by sayin 1tin 2day only 2deny it d next day?
changing from a democrat u promised to be to a dictator?
becomin a judge over night,thus denyin civilians who ve bein grantd bail by court dia freedom?
Killin unarmed civillians......what kind of democrat r u?pls ans me
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Slylee: 3:14pm On Jan 05, 2016
The budget is inconclusive apc of a thing
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by tete7000(m): 8:48pm On Jan 05, 2016
IamPatriotic:

And he wasnt aware this would happen when he shut down the country till September? There is time for everything. When you do things at wrong time, errors accumulate. Would the budget had needed to be hurriedly prepared if the ministers had come on board earlier? Definitely NO! We have in buhari, a President who doesnt appreciate the value of time. We will continue to see more of the effects of this negative time attitude as time goes in.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by naijaboy756: 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2016
Say A, watch out for reactions. Deny saying it. May the lives of all supporting this nonsense be ran daily as APC is running Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by naijaboy756: 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2016
Say A, watch out for reactions. Deny saying it. May the lives of all supporting this nonsense be ran daily as APC is running Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Election Tribunal: Atiku Reacts, Shares Message Of Hope To All Nigerians / Kuje Prison Warders Say Boko Haram Stole ₦82M, $36,000 Cash Belonging To Inmates / Kehinde Ayoola, Oyo Commissioner Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.