Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,993 members, 7,873,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

Kwara Is Broke – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara Is Broke – APC (1786 Views)

Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke / Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. / Tonyebarcanista! Kwara Is Majorly Yoruba-land,rivers Is... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara Is Broke – APC by willywasco(m): 6:18am On Jan 05, 2016
Says no money to pay workers’ salaries

All Progressives Congress, APC, in Kwara, yesterday, said the state is broke and appealed to ‎the leadership of the Nigeria Union of Teachers, NUT to suspend its plan to embark on industrial action over non-payment of salaries.
In a statement signed by the State Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Sulyman Buhari, the party said the contending issue is not really about non-payment of teachers’ salaries but non-availability of funds to pay salaries which required collective efforts to address rather than industrial action.
According to him, “As a party, we wish to state that we feel the concerns and share in the pains of primary school teachers in Kwara State. Quite unfortunately, this issue is chiefly caused by the dwindling allocation from the federation account.
“Therefore, in actual sense, it is not about non-payment of teachers’ salaries but non-availability of funds to pay salaries. It requires collective efforts to address rather than strike. If the resources are available today, the Governor AbdulFatah Ahmed-led Kwara State Government will pay all teachers like it has always done in the past 5 years.”
The statement further stressed that, “Given the cordial relationship between Kwara State Government and the Nigeria Union of Teachers, NUTwith mention to the fact that the union, not too long ago, acknowledged the outstanding performance of Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed in the sector with its national merit award. We wish to say the record of the state government is clear and the will to pay teachers’ salaries by the Kwara State Government is undoubtful.

- See more at: http://nigerianpilot.com/kwara-is-broke-apc/#sthash.6fyxsAps.dpuf
Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by skelewu404(m): 6:28am On Jan 05, 2016
angry
Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by Babzrockman: 6:29am On Jan 05, 2016
Kwara has been a poor state before now. To me, this is no news.
Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 05, 2016
Saraki!!!!!!! See yhu and yhur family life.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by TheDevilIsALai: 6:35am On Jan 05, 2016
All APC states especially in the SW are bankrupt.

You can thank that canker woman Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by JaredNomak: 6:44am On Jan 05, 2016
Osun set the pace, Kwara followed. I think Ekiti is also broke but they haven't come out to beg for funds.

Why are all the broke states from the southwest?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by Blackfire(m): 6:51am On Jan 05, 2016
Painfully sorry to hear this from kwara. But if u point out how things fall apart in that state, our e- warrior will label u waillers, ipob, angry because jona election.

Before the 2nd page all this will emanate.

6 Likes

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by Pavore9: 6:53am On Jan 05, 2016
The question should be, who 'broke' Kwara?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by erunz(m): 6:53am On Jan 05, 2016
Buhari is busy fighting PDP through his war on corruption, while most of the states who contributed to his campaign funds are going broke. God will continue to expose the hypocrisy of APC

7 Likes

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by egift(m): 6:55am On Jan 05, 2016
With PDP governors running everything to the ground, all hope for a comeback is gone.

Saraki And Sons Nigeria Plc
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 05, 2016
I dare the useless governor and saraki to stroll the streets of kwara without security angry

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by Bevista: 7:04am On Jan 05, 2016
The sad reality is that the story is no different with most states.
---
Unfortunately for these new set of governors, they are faced with a situation where their predecessors behaved like babies and depended solely on allocation from FG, with very little or no investment to generate IGR.
---
Now, the hen has come home to roost. I hope the political class will take this as a wakeup call to set the right structures for SUSTAINABLE growth.
---
Maybe it's true what they say that Africans are incapable of governing themselves. Our leaders behave like savages in caves. Maybe we should have been still colonized till 1999. Who knows how SA would have been if the colonial masters had left them 50yrs earlier.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by LilSmith55(m): 7:06am On Jan 05, 2016
Everybody is Broke

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by TheNonce: 7:07am On Jan 05, 2016
undecided

Na plate?

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by TheDevilIsALai: 7:09am On Jan 05, 2016
egift:
With PDP governors running everything to the ground, all hope for a comeback is gone.

Kwara has been ruled since 1999 by APC elements.

Yeye

3 Likes

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by ShowYourCertificate: 7:14am On Jan 05, 2016
APC..................Change!

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by JaredNomak: 7:15am On Jan 05, 2016
egift:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by Pidggin(f): 7:20am On Jan 05, 2016
APC Negative chanji! Workers are crying everyday so sad.

4 Likes

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by egift(m): 7:31am On Jan 05, 2016
Saraki And Sons Nigeria Plc grin grin grin grin
Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by juman(m): 7:42am On Jan 05, 2016
Country of useless "leaders".
Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 05, 2016
How wont you be broke... wen y'all used state money to fund elections of Buhari, Saraki etc... Wicked leaders

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by Vanityupnvanity(m): 7:51am On Jan 05, 2016
where is saraki? they should tell.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by fotadmowmend(m): 7:52am On Jan 05, 2016
Why is it that all APC states ( expt lagos) are broke ? Anyway all is well in Kwara so far Saraki is rich. Imagine Kwara State junior teachers goin on strike because of 3 months salaries only. Osun workers hav been on half salary after abt 1 year of no salary ..... One of the civil servants in Osun relied '' I don't even know'' when I asked him about the number of months Osun govt is owing him.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 05, 2016
I don't have any atom of pity for Osun and Kwara cos they willingly asked for change. so let them enjoy the change. Zombies
Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by DiademSh07: 8:51am On Jan 05, 2016
JaredNomak:
Osun set the pace, Kwara followed. I think Ekiti is also broke but they haven't come out to beg for funds.

Like say your Ebonyi, Abia, Imo no broke? LOL!

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by ufotty2001: 8:58am On Jan 05, 2016
no wonder APC are trying their possible best to get oil states like river state, akwa ibom, bayelsa, and others so that there can repackage themselve
Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 05, 2016
They are all mad! how will you say the state is broke and you lavished money on saraki's Birthday! My meagre monthly allowance became weekly and greatly reduced because these idiots have not paid my parents' salaries since September. I couldn't even concentrate well. only God knows how they've been getting the little money they were sending.
Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by Vado(m): 9:38am On Jan 05, 2016
Bukola Saraki and the puppet governor Ahmed have finished that state. You get federal allocation and some other goodies just like every other states. No visible capital projects, yet these guys have the balls to say the state is broke.
Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by Simplymeah: 9:46am On Jan 05, 2016
Crap angry
Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by johnmartus(m): 9:59am On Jan 05, 2016
I CANNOT PITY THEM THAT IS WHAT ILORIN CAUSED TO OTHERS THEY KEEP VOTING BASED ON RELIGIOUS BELIEFS A FRIEND OF MINE TOLD ME THE NEW HOTEL THIS USELESS GOVERNOR BUILT WORTHY 1.2BILLION.
Re: Kwara Is Broke – APC by Psittacus(m): 10:04am On Jan 05, 2016
JaredNomak:

kwara is in north central not southwest. And those buffon of a figure head are dedicated liers, who refused to pay local goverment workes and those teachers in the primary school, state workers and secondary sch teachers are paid regularly. Imagine a state government claiming they are not responsible for wateva is going on the local gov... I weep for a frnd whose parent are both teachers, and dey cud nt even afford to give him 2k when he had to go bck to sch yesterday. They had beta watch dia bck, kwarans are widely awake nw

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flashback:These Pictures Will Tell You President Buhari Needs To Buckle Up(pics) / Ipob Dismantles The Shameless Lies From Buhari's Dss / PDP, Others React As Buhari Says He Needs Longer Time To Rest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.