Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,237 members, 7,887,667 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:04 PM

After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? (14857 Views)

15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. / Hausa And Yoruba War: Why Are Nairaland Yoruba E-warriors Cold? / Checkout This Cartoon Of Buhari's Anti-corruption War & Why It Wil Reach GEJ(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by scholes0(m): 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
NakedEve:
Lol.
I love when Yoruba and Igbo fight. cheesy
It ensures our security down North.
Anyway let me fan the emblems of more hate.

What happens is that the Igbo love shiny things so Yoruba in a bid to make sure IBO don't come leave their place unattractive with brown roofs.

Also Yoruba's r idolaters. Idolatory leads to poverty and backwardness. sad

Many Yoruba's abroad are scared of witchcraft so they do not come home to build.

Yoruba sells boo-le and tomatoes. how do u expect them to build mansions like Yeeboes who sell heavy tins.

Yoloba, Yolobaa Yolobaaaa!!!

lol what is this one saying. the whole of Kano is a mud Metropolis.

2 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by YoruBanger: 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
Talk is cheap. Show us your best and let's compare them with ours for all to see. We don't even have to show any Lagos masterpieces to TKO y'all. #REAL TALK!

1 Like

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by lolzzzz: 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
scholes0:

Guy shattap .......
What is in owerri apart from hotel and prostitution business? lol
this thread will soon get locked, so you better make your silly points fast....

Owerri will never be as important as Ibadan in 100 years.

check every chart, owerri is fine than Ibadan, I'm not the person that made the list.

1 Like

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by sunnyb0b0(m): 1:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
crownprince102:
Most modern homes in Nigeria stands in Lagos and probably abuja.

So what is ur point.
....and Igbos own 70% of landed properties in Abuja - El-Rufai

8 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by Rolings: 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
The average eastern city was destroyed during the war and after the war the cities started being reconstructed that is why you don't see much old buildings there.
Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by scholes0(m): 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
lolzzzz:
check every chart, owerri is fine than Ibadan, I'm not the person that made the list.

lol, is ALL of Owerri even the size of Ibadan GRA plus Iyaganku ?

1 Like

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by lolzzzz: 1:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
YoruBanger:
Talk is cheap. Show us your best and let's compare them with ours for all to see. We don't even have to show any Lagos masterpieces to TKO y'all. #REAL TALK!
you won't be telling yourself the turth if you don't show us this pix.

1 Like

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by lolzzzz: 2:06pm On Jan 06, 2016
Rolings:
The average eastern city was destroyed during the war and after the war the cities started being reconstructed that is why you don't see much old buildings there.
meaning the war was more of a blessing to the east and a curse to the west.

Nb: its not anybody's fault that the west have refused to develop and look finer.

1 Like

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by YoruBanger: 2:06pm On Jan 06, 2016
lolzzzz:
you won't be telling yourself the turth if you don't show us this pix.

Lol. Is that the best you can do? That's not as bad these from the SAD BEAST. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by lolzzzz: 2:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
YoruBanger:

Lol. Is that the best you can do? That's not as bad these from the SAD BEAST. cheesy
why are you hurt? grin
Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by NakedEve: 2:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
scholes0:

lol what is this one saying. the whole of Kano is a mud Metropolis.

lol. I am not a Kano Indigene so go and die.
I am a Middlebeltan and my place is so fine thanks to foolish Yeebos who built up our place for us cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by wirinet(m): 2:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
As i said, cities after a major war are usually rebuild from scratch and tend to be more modern than old cities that had never suffered any devastation. Ibadan and Oshogbo are ancient cities, you do not expect them to have more modern structures than Owerri that was flattened during the war. If actual reconstruction was done by the government, Owerri should have had more modern structures than most cities in Nigeria (outside Abuja).

Below are Pictures of Osaka, Japan immediately after WW2 and what it looks like today

1 Like

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
crownprince102:
East lost almost everything to war and built new building.

Houses built in the 30s and 40s are still standing in the west.
What happened to renovation?

1 Like

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by scholes0(m): 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
NakedEve:

lol. I am not a Kano Indigene so go and die.
I am a Middlebeltan and my place is so fine thanks to foolish Yeebos who built up our place for us cheesy

First, you were so proud describing yourself as a northerner, now you are a proud middlebeltan.... confused set of Nigerians.
lol, where in the Middlebelt is even fine sef?
You just made matters worse for yourself.

4 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by NakedEve: 2:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
scholes0:

First, you were so proud describing yourself as a northerner, now you are a proud middlebeltan.... confused set of Nigerians.
lol, where in the Middlebelt is even fine sef?
You just made matters worse for yourself.

I can claim North or Middle belt when its most convenient for me grin
Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by scholes0(m): 2:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
NakedEve:

I can claim North or Middle belt when its most convenient for me grin

Yes, that is why you will forever remain confused Fulani pawns ..
lol, this suegbe is even proud of her people's ridiculous status as the north's conquered appendage.

5 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by YoruBanger: 2:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
lolzzzz:
why are you hurt? grin

Nigga please! I'm having the time of my life! cheesy

1 Like

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by NakedEve: 2:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
scholes0:

Yes, that is why you will forever remain confused Fulani pawns ..

Lol.
See dis Yelloba man calling me a pawn?
This Fulani slave.
Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by scholes0(m): 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
NakedEve:

Lol.
See dis Yelloba man calling me a pawn?
This Fulani slave.

lol, just state your tribe already....
You already know mine.

Wetin be Middle Belt?
You better don't tell your Hausa masters that.

3 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
Just because of a few clusters due to pop. density some of you are believing your own hypes.

Given similar conditions of small geographical space and high populations with the poverty data on hand regarding south west vs south east, the same or even better settlement pattern would be obtainable.

Why would anyone want to live in a 4 stories building with no elevators? Imagine the daily hustle, lol.

4 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by YoruBanger: 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

What happened to renovation?

First of all go and renovate these at Ohafia before talking about the SW: cheesy

3 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by lolzzzz: 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
django1:
Just because of a few clusters due to pop. density some of you are believing your own hypes.

Given similar conditions of small geographical space and high populations with the poverty data on hand regarding south west vs south east, the same or even better settlement pattern would be obtainable.

Why would anyone want to live in a 4 stories building with no elevators? Imagine the daily hustle, lol.
why would anyone want to live in an area with high disease epidemics? Have you ever asked why most Igbo are fairer than Yoruba? Heat absorption also contribute to it, there's no way you can get fair under a brown rusted roof.

1 Like

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
Just as it is in biology, if conditions are conducive organisms will choose to reproduce and if conditions are unstable organisms will choose immortality.
Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by Abagworo(m): 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
We've enjoyed Nairaland for a while since you tribalists were pushed away. Seun please don't allow these people back here. We should be more interested in promoting unity than division
Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
lolzzzz:
why would anyone want to live in an area with high disease epidemics? Have you ever asked why most Igbo are fairer than Yoruba? Heat absorption also contribute to it, there's no way you can get fair under a brown rusted roof.

I can assure, most mid-income earners don't live in such places, there are tons of settlements outside the city centers where people stay. Those you see living the "ghettos" are really the very poor which in the case of south west is usually located in the heart of the city due to early urbanization (assuming you know what any of that means). The truth at the end of the day is that the whole country is a mess but south west remains the most developed on a whole.

4 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by lolzzzz: 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
django1:

I can assure, most mid-income earners don't live in such places, there are tons of settlements outside the city centers where people stay. Those you see living the "ghettos" are really the very poor which in the case of south west is usually located in the heart of the city due to early urbanization (assuming you know what any of that means). The truth at the end of the day is that the whole country is a mess but south west remains the most developed on a whole.
thanks for the comment, this comment gives credence to the fact that there are more poor individuals in southwest.

2 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by Odigokogadi: 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
Even though I don't support tribal sentiments, but fact remains, all the choice areas in Lagos n Abuja are occupied by Igbos

2 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
Odigokogadi:
Even though I don't support tribal sentiments, but fact remains, all the choice areas in Lagos n Abuja are occupied by Igbos

You mean everything? cheesy

No space for anyone else at all? Ntorr

2 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by scholes0(m): 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
django1:

lol, that confused Egbira girl has been talking rubbish ever since.
Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by Odigokogadi: 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
scholes0:
lol, does SE Have cities?
The only things in SE that come close to actual cities in SE are Onitsha, Enugu and maybe Aba....
The rest are Villages and towns..... Even Enugu was the idea of Oyinbo, while Onitsha grew into its current size given its vantage position at a headbridge.

Please go n check what they are building in those villages, you will be amazed!
Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by DiademSh07: 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
lolzzzz:
LOL!
Yet cholera outbreak kills your brethren every year in Anambra. See this: www.channelstv.com/2015/01/27/cholera-outbreak-claims-over-ten-lives-in-anambra/
Ibo no go kill pesin with life!
Imaging him implying that there are epidemic in the Southwest when ibos are worldwide known as dirty people who settles in dirty place like Onitsha, Aba, Alaba, Ladipo etc! No wonder they had cholera!
In fact, the ibo dominated market in Lagos was recently locked because of their failure to engage in environmental sanitation!
Very dirty people!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kaduna Refinery To Be Ready By Q4 2024, Says Lokpobiri / Is Tinubu Gov’t First To Launch Abuja Light Rail Operation? - Fact Check / Bode George: PDP May Lose 2023 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.