Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,156 members, 7,939,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 09:45 AM

Metuh's Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metuh's Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG (490 Views)

Evil Cabal’ Dictating To Acting President – Fani-kayode Explodes / Buhari Not Dictating To Efcc,others Osinbajo / Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Metuh's Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by sayyid(m): 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
The Federal Government on Wednesday faulted claims by the Peoples Democratic Party that the current ordeal of its spokesman, Chief Olisa Metuh, at the hands of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission was an attempt to silence the opposition.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, stated this in an interview with State House correspondents inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Mohammed was asked to react to protests currently trailing the arrest of Metuh and the prosecution of another leader of the PDP, Haliru Bello, as well as his son.
The minister said the Federal Government was not dictating to the nation’s anti-graft agencies on who to arrest or prosecute.
He urged journalists to also conduct their independent investigations on the allegations leveled against the suspects and verify if they were genuine or not.
Mohammed, “I think the first point to make is that this government is not micro-managing any of the anti-graft agencies. I know for a fact that they don’t contact the President or anybody before they do their job.
“I think the media also has to do more than they are doing right now, they should investigate these allegations and also make their independent judgment about it.
“Honestly, if the EFCC or ICPC says that they are able to trace certain amount of money to my account, I don’t want you to believe it, I want you to also ask for proof; do your investigation.
“I can assure you that this government, no functionary in government micromanages or directs the EFCC or ICPC on who to arrest and who not to arrest.”
www.punchng.com/metuhs-arrest-buhari-not-dictating-efcc-says-fg/
Re: Metuh's Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by Sall(m): 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
Wailing wailers will never see anything good in efcc and DSS.
Re: Metuh's Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
Great comment
Re: Metuh's Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by femimailbox(m): 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
Wait
Re: Metuh's Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by Bevista: 4:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
KwoiZabo:
i just have 2 things to say and then move on.

1. president buhari was asked whether he appointed people without corrupt records on his cabinet as promised. instead of answering yes or no. he dodged it by saying "i did not appoint anybody that will embarrass my government".

2. many of us have been applauding zakzaky's arrest and dismissing iran's threats but we know how close russia and iran is. woe betide buhari to ask russia for arms as gej did. i also condemn in strong terms the army's actions, with that, US no go send us again.
Well, you may wish to know that Russia has issued a statement today condemning Iran - calling their actions a "threat to International Peace".
Re: Metuh's Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by KwoiZabo(m): 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
Bevista:
Well, you may wish to know that Russia has issued a statement today condemning Iran - calling their actions a "threat to International Peace".
I'm yet to hear that & on what?
Re: Metuh's Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by Brightology2(m): 4:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
K

(1) (Reply)

"IMF Doesn't Support Foreign Exchange Restrictions"-Lagarde To Nigerian Senators / 'nigeria Has Never Seen This Type Of Corruption Being Exposed Before' - Soyink / NBC Director-general, Emeka Mba, Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.