Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,910 members, 7,872,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:09 AM

The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos (35002 Views)

Fire Outbreak At Oshodi Market, Shops And Cars Destroyed (Photos, Video) / Lagos State Govt Demolishes Oshodi Market (photos) / Oshodi Market Demolition : Affected Traders Reject Alternative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by tomholly: 2:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
BUrn tHEM ALLL Just like the way Fashola did them that make lagos fine Abi?
viviangist2:
The Popular Oshodi Market Demolished by Lagos state Government between 5th - 6th Januray 2016 is currently on fire , see photos from the scene below, see what the scavengers were busy doing ...

Report From http://www.viviangist.com/the-burning-of-the-demolished-oshodi-market-in-lagos-state-nigeria

Cc; lalasticlala
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by guyXander(m): 2:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
#tribe of Lagos.
#tribe of the north.
Let the lost tribe of Israel beangry

1 Like

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by guyXander(m): 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
After the civil war, when a certain northern governor came visiting the east 5 years after the civil war, he saw tall buildings everywhere in Onitsha. He was so shocked. He began to ask if this is the east.

3 Likes

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by Diesel1(m): 2:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
viviangist2:
People's Property cry cry cry
igbo property rather

1 Like

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by nenergy(m): 2:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
englishmart:
Ambode is heartless. So he demolished with their goods.? Too bad

That demolision will affect more of my ipob brotherz .
Did you hear they were given 13 days FINAL notice?

2 Likes

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by Mbediogu(m): 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
viviangist2:
People's Property cry cry cry
This is not environ friendly. Our Oodua bros and wetie things.
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by softtouch2(m): 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
Myopic people always find excuses when development suffice.
During Fashola's restructuring of Lagos (of which many Westerners were affected), a lot were said of his "evil-intentions", even people abroad were amazed at Lagos' new look.

Now, continuation of that development is seen as a tribal attack. Some people are just too shallow minded.

It is obvious many prefer replicating their village/farm-settlement into urban areas.

Oshodi is like a gateway for any visitor coming into the country. Oshodi view can discourage first timers flying into Nigeria. I once remember picking-up a non-nigeria from International Airport. She has been very excited to visit Nigeria due to Nollywood films and news about Nigerians in diaspora. Driving thru old Oshodi shocked her.

When Govt tried to end corruption, some see it as witch-hunting (and anti-party activities)
When Govt tried to demolished illegal structures to pave way for new development, some are seeing opposite.

People will forever find excuse for any development, same people will complain Nigeria need to be like developed country.

Nevertheless, creating environmental pollution from that activities is purely insane!

5 Likes

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by guyXander(m): 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
After the civil war, when a certain northern governor came visiting the east 5 years after the civil war, he saw tall buildings everywhere in Onitsha. He was so shocked. He began to ask if this is the east.

1 Like

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by nike4love: 2:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
Agunnewi:

Your stup!dity is rocket powered.

You are worthless, a thing without a slightest empathy, a grown man little different from a monkey.

Did you have brèast milk as a baby, or was it just garri?
The Animal was conceived under the bridge and was born inside gutter.
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
Demolishing those properties firstly is an A-grade stupidity but adopting the 1626 way of waste disposal by openly burning the rubbish in such manner shows Lagos state government is more stuppid than the word 'stuppid' itself. Who burns unwanted belongings in such an unethical manner again in this 21st century?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by kayroy5(m): 2:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
Good work
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by murmee: 2:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
nenergy:

Did you hear they were given 13 days FINAL notice?
I go to that electronic/electrical market very often and I can tell you that a lot of Yorubas had shops there. The ratio of Ibo traders to Yoruba traders is about 70% Ibos to 30% Yorubas. The market was demolished partly because of bad security reports about the place.

1 Like

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by elipheleh(m): 2:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
This is wickedness. I blame the Igbo leaders for all these nonsense. Let all those affected come back home and assasiante their state Governors so that all the future ones will learn to be patrotic to the Igbo nation. Nonsense
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by kayroy5(m): 2:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
They should show them pepper. Very sentimental tribe
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by mitchyy(f): 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
Honestly, this is really sad. Even though they were given notice, but come on, we are all humans. That humanity in us should have moved the persons in charge to ensure people move out their goods before the demolishment. Its just terrible and i feel so sorry for those affected.

2 Likes

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by oluwaahmed: 2:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
We knw ow unemployment is on d rise in 9ja. Yet pple who hav decided 2 leave d already saturated labor mkt 4 deir own hustle hav bn trown bk in2 d labor mkt 2 compete wit jobless graduates er'wer. Oil worker sacked because of drop in oil prices sacked av also joined d mkt. I hrd LASG built stalls in d. Oshodi area but because of its costly nature common traders didn't care 2 buy or rent (d main reason 4 d demolition)

Sometyms we hav economic advisors, policy makers, environmental analysts et all in d govt yet deir decisions R nt economically sound enuff even 4 a 1st year economic student. We R tukin abt climate "change" & yet d commissioner 4 environment allowed goods 2 be burnt exposin d atmospher 2 carbon 4 oxide Shiit Dnt make any sense

LASG #receive sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by Niceman4u(m): 3:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
Zoharariel:
If only they listened and joined us in voting Ambode rather than wasting their votes on that traitor - Jimi Agbaje, their capital would have been tripled by now, but they mistook Lagos for Anambra where they can easily manipulate elections by tagging a political party o.femanu - Amala & Ewedu's party.

Now, I can only watch & laugh while you reap the reward of your erroneous & miscalculated labour.

You can never go to war with Tinubu in Lagos & win. Patapata na draw e go be. grin

seems u breath through the anus.
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by jarmy: 3:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
stop being trabalistic it will not lead us anywhere
sauceny:
If yorubas were the owners of those shops,filled with goods inside;I don't think the government would have given such orders to destroy their sweat...

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by edupedia: 3:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
Zoharariel:
If only they listened and joined us in voting Ambode rather than wasting their votes on that traitor - Jimi Agbaje, their capital would have been tripled by now, but they mistook Lagos for Anambra where they can easily manipulate elections by tagging a political party o.femanu - Amala & Ewedu's party.

Now, I can only watch & laugh while you reap the reward of your erroneous & miscalculated labour.

You can never go to war with Tinubu in Lagos & win. Patapata na draw e go be. grin
...how did contesting an election make Agbaje a traitor?...and what makes u think only Igbos voted for AgbaJe...for your info I am a die-hard PMB supporter who voted for Agbaje...and who told u Yorubas were not affected at Oshodi?...even Tinubu will not like the statement u made about him...next time choose your words more carefully!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by MsGlobalwonder(f): 3:44pm On Jan 07, 2016
Zoharariel:

silly and insensitive! May worse predicament before you and yours. Silly dolt! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by lilwill(m): 3:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
deeswagger:
Which part of Oshodi is this sef...

Spv806 with compass, barometric pressure and temperature reading, sunrise and sunset time in 49 major cities... Let's go there...

how much
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 07, 2016
englishmart:
Ambode is heartless. So he demolished with their goods.? Too bad

That demolision will affect more of my ipob brotherz .

Why do people keep blaming Ambode.

Who told you this was State Govt Led?

Get your facts right.
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by koladebrainiac(m): 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
sauceny:
If yorubas were the owners of those shops,filled with goods inside;I don't think the government would have given such orders to destroy their sweat...

#GodBlessNigeria
NO. Yoruba are law abiding citizens we take government serious. we respect our leaders . if they ask us to vacate the premises we would do such without any stress. so government would have been forced to destroy our properties.

1 Like

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by koladebrainiac(m): 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
edupedia:
...how did contesting an election make Agbaje a traitor?...and what makes u think only Igbos voted for AgbaJe...for your info I am a die-hard PMB supporter who voted for Agbaje...and who told u Yorubas were not affected at Oshodi?...even Tinubu will not like the statement u made about him...next time choose your words more carefully!
no mind him. he is being sarcastic ..thats them wailers
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by omonnakoda: 4:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
sauceny:

#GodBlessNigeria

omonnakoda:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/abia-govt-begins-demolition-of-illegal-structures-in-aba/
[size=18pt]
Abia govt begins demolition of illegal structures in Aba[/size]

Home
News
Business
Tech
Politics
Sports
Entertainment
Style
Viewpoint
Editorial
Forum
Jobs
Columns
PROPERTY

You are here : Home » News » Abia govt begins demolition of illegal structures in Aba
Abia govt begins demolition of illegal structures in Aba

on June 18, 2015 / in News 9:52 pm / Comments
Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Reddit Print

By Anayo Okoli

UMUAHIA—IN compliance with his promise of rebuilding Aba, the commercial capital of Abia State, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu has issued notice to commence demolition of illegal structures in to make way for the city’s the regeneration.

Consequently, the state government named the structures to be demolished to include all structures, property, stalls and shops encroaching on roads and service lanes.

A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Godwin Adindu, said the owners of such structures had been given seven days to remove them, failing which bulldozers would descend on them.

“The government of Abia State is by this notice informing all property owners in Aba metropolis and the general public that, in line with the government’s commitment towards the rebuilding of the city of Aba, which necessitated the establishment of Aba Urban Renewal Office, the agencies of government will commence a demolition of all structures, property, stalls and shops which encroach into the road, seven days from this announcement.

“The property to be demolished include but not limited to buildings on service lanes, illegal shops, illegal fences and such other structures that constitute a blockade to the free flow of traffic and drainage.
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by malikisah: 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
Demmocrats:

Am sorry for you, the same way you wish others that's the same way things will start happening in your life.
dem fit vex go their Biafra sha!
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by deeswagger: 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
lilwill:

how much

My contact is on my signature, send a message to me on whatsapp
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by NaijainTexas: 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
You know, I came into this thread trying to see what happened at this market. Living in another country, I try to keep up with what is happening back at home.

I'll say this, I do believe people were warned before demolition, but regardless, it is unfortunate that some may have lost their means of a living through the demolition.

What I was disheartened to read are most of your comments on this thread. The tribalism, the non-empathy, the anger, the insults--the hate. I don't want to paintbrush my people by a mere thread, but I see this over and over again and it hurts my heart. Why do you have to get to the point you start insulting Igbos (and someone started mocking their names even). How disgusting.

As smart and creative as we are, we revel in tearing each other down because what?
-That Nigerians aren't all in the same boat?
-That citizens of other countries distinguish and rank tribes?

When there was a Kenyans vs Naija war on Twitter, did they break you into tribes or just insult our whole country? Let's stop fooling ourselves.

Asides from the tribalism, I am shocked at how mean spirited a lot are on this board in general. Why? What is the issue, jor? I feel like a lot of you, my people are sad, and unload that as anger to your fellow citizen.

As much as some of you proclaim 'eko o ni baje', you should realize Lagos is what it is because it is a melting pot. Think about it; do you wonder why most other states aren't as successful? Think about why the US and UK are doing well. It is because of the mixture of work and ideas by people from varied walks of life.

When I was recently in Naija even, I saw my own people treating oyibos better than their own, even though those whites were there to take resources from Nigeria to enrich their home country's economy at the detriment of ours.

Can we just soften our hearts towards each other? You'd be surprised there's much to gain, but what is there to lose?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by Rnbstar: 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
[quote author=Zoharariel post=41735812]If only they listened and joined us in voting Ambode rather than wasting their votes on that traitor - Jimi Agbaje, their capital would have been tripled by now, but they mistook Lagos for Anambra where they can easily manipulate elections by tagging a political party o.femanu - Amala & Ewedu's party.

You can never go to war with Tinubu in Lagos & win. Patapata na draw e go be. grin[/quote. And 54 Fools liked this
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by Rnbstar: 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
disloman:
Only a f00l,retarded and an enemy of progress will not like this development.We the true progressive will vote for Ambo a million times.He's busy developing lag while una governors dey lavish una money.Still go dey cry of marginalisation.Better go tell your governor to come to lag and take lesson on how to govern.Oniranu omo ale jatijati.
number one oloriburuku
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by Alwaystruth: 5:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
Woe to him that rejoices at the misfortune of others...!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Otedola To Sell His Forte Oil Shares / Should I Open A Domiciliary Account? Why? / Naira Redesign: Grains Prices Crash Days After Record Surge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.