Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,325 members, 7,881,209 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:22 PM

The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos (35012 Views)

Fire Outbreak At Oshodi Market, Shops And Cars Destroyed (Photos, Video) / Lagos State Govt Demolishes Oshodi Market (photos) / Oshodi Market Demolition : Affected Traders Reject Alternative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by monex(m): 5:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
NaijainTexas:
You know, I came into this thread trying to see what happened at this market. Living in another country, I try to keep up with what is happening back at home.

I'll say this, I do believe people were warned before demolition, but regardless, it is unfortunate that some may have lost their means of a living through the demolition.

What I was disheartened to read are most of your comments on this thread. The tribalism, the non-empathy, the anger, the insults--the hate. I don't want to paintbrush my people by a mere thread, but I see this over and over again and it hurts my heart. Why do you have to get to the point you start insulting Igbos (and someone started mocking their names even). How disgusting.

As smart and creative as we are, we revel in tearing each other down because what?
-That Nigerians aren't all in the same boat?
-That citizens of other countries distinguish and rank tribes?

When there was a Kenyans vs Naija war on Twitter, did they break you into tribes or just insult our whole country? Let's stop fooling ourselves.

Asides from the tribalism, I am shocked at how mean spirited a lot are on this board in general. Why? What is the issue, jor? I feel like a lot of you, my people are sad, and unload that as anger to your fellow citizen.

As much as some of you proclaim 'eko o ni baje', you should realize Lagos is what it is because it is a melting pot. Think about it; do you wonder why most other states aren't as successful? Think about why the US and UK are doing well. It is because of the mixture of work and ideas by people from varied walks of life.

When I was recently in Naija even, I saw my own people treating oyibos better than their own, even though those whites were there to take resources from Nigeria to enrich their home country's economy at the detriment of ours.

Can we just soften our hearts towards each other? You'd be surprised there's much to gain, but what is there to lose?
Give this man a cookie.

Bro. what brand of beer you want? All on me!

2 Likes

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by cabaliciouscabal: 6:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
sauceny:

igbos are always the target

Wen igbos won't stay within d inch dey were given.

I tot igbos owns lagos y don't dey stay wahala and we give it back to dem ten fold.
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
sauceny:
If yorubas were the owners of those shops,filled with goods inside;I don't think the government would have given such orders to destroy their sweat...

#GodBlessNigeria

Mister, rid your mouth of rubbish. The women selling pepper along this same Oshodi when Fashola brought his own bulldozers and soldiers were igbo women? You guys are disgusting to an appalling degree. Why do your revel in this your filth of victim complex? Is it only igbos who have shops there? Nobody will take you people serious with this rubbish you're doing. It is imbecilic to put it nicely. Use your brain.

1 Like

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by Baroba(m): 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
NaijainTexas:
You know, I came into this thread trying to see what happened at this market. Living in another country, I try to keep up with what is happening back at home.

I'll say this, I do believe people were warned before demolition, but regardless, it is unfortunate that some may have lost their means of a living through the demolition.

What I was disheartened to read are most of your comments on this thread. The tribalism, the non-empathy, the anger, the insults--the hate. I don't want to paintbrush my people by a mere thread, but I see this over and over again and it hurts my heart. Why do you have to get to the point you start insulting Igbos (and someone started mocking their names even). How disgusting.

As smart and creative as we are, we revel in tearing each other down because what?
-That Nigerians aren't all in the same boat?
-That citizens of other countries distinguish and rank tribes?

When there was a Kenyans vs Naija war on Twitter, did they break you into tribes or just insult our whole country? Let's stop fooling ourselves.

Asides from the tribalism, I am shocked at how mean spirited a lot are on this board in general. Why? What is the issue, jor? I feel like a lot of you, my people are sad, and unload that as anger to your fellow citizen.

As much as some of you proclaim 'eko o ni baje', you should realize Lagos is what it is because it is a melting pot. Think about it; do you wonder why most other states aren't as successful? Think about why the US and UK are doing well. It is because of the mixture of work and ideas by people from varied walks of life.

When I was recently in Naija even, I saw my own people treating oyibos better than their own, even though those whites were there to take resources from Nigeria to enrich their home country's economy at the detriment of ours.

Can we just soften our hearts towards each other? You'd be surprised there's much to gain, but what is there to lose?

Nice one bro, unfortunately this is the usual stuff on this forum, ethnic baiting, animosity, hate.. Go to Cybereables forum and compare, the moderators come down heavily on ethnic baiters. You get a warning at first, the second time your IP address will be banned!

1 Like

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by NaijainTexas: 8:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
Baroba:

Nice one bro, unfortunately this is the usual stuff on this forum, ethnic baiting, animosity, hate.. Go to Cybereables forum and compare, the moderators come down heavily on ethnic baiters. You get a warning at first, the second time your IP address will be banned!

monex:

Give this man a cookie.

Bro. what brand of beer you want? All on me!

Monex, I'll take a glass of wine my brother. wink

Thank you for your sentiments my friends, appreciative of your kind words. Lol, I can't blame you for this gaffe, since I don't have it listed, but I am a woman. Haha.

I am of the strong belief Nigeria could be a world power if we didn't have the tribal distrust and separation. Once we realize we are ALL Nigerian, then we could fully elevate the entire country as a whole.

This forum, is just a microcosm of the Nigerian mindset and it is so unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by Themandator: 8:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
disloman:
Only a f00l,retarded and an enemy of progress will not like this development.We the true progressive will vote for Ambo a million times.He's busy developing lag while una governors dey lavish una money.Still go dey cry of marginalisation.Better go tell your governor to come to lag and take lesson on how to govern.Oniranu omo ale jatijati.

You have issues with comprehension... Read his contributions, again.
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by 2odd(m): 10:59pm On Jan 07, 2016
Zoharariel:
If only they listened and joined us in voting Ambode rather than wasting their votes on that traitor - Jimi Agbaje, their capital would have been tripled by now, but they mistook Lagos for Anambra where they can easily manipulate elections by tagging a political party o.femanu - Amala & Ewedu's party.

Now, I can only watch & laugh while you reap the reward of your erroneous & miscalculated labour.

You can never go to war with Tinubu in Lagos & win. Patapata na draw e go be. grin
walahi u are a goat. am a Yoruba guy but I don't think with my Ass like u fool. am sure non of ur generation don get store wey worth 100k before. ode buruku.ota aje.

1 Like

Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by Alexpetra: 11:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
pls oo I no understand. ..wetin dem wan use d site do for dem to do should tin?
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by fragile96: 11:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
Initially, I was blaming d govt too, but wen I heard d story from anoda igbo guy today, that these pple av been served notices upon notices, and evn till d day of demolition, dey were given hours to evacuate their goods from d shops, but dey ignored dem and went on normally wit dier biz. But u cnt be stubborn wit d govt na? I pitied dem thou.
Re: The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos by OpenHeaven2me(f): 9:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
fragile96:
Initially, I was blaming d govt too, but wen I heard d story from anoda igbo guy today, that these pple av been served notices upon notices, and evn till d day of demolition, dey were given hours to evacuate their goods from d shops, but dey ignored dem and went on normally wit dier biz. But u cnt be stubborn wit d govt na? I pitied dem thou.
Big loss for most of them. They're now at Arena plaza
Life goes on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank / Femi Otedola To Sell His Forte Oil Shares / Bank Customers Boycott Banks On #nobankingday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.