Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,581 members, 7,929,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 04:24 AM

How Dangote Nearly Robbed Ac Of 2007 Lagos Gubernatorial Election - Femi Otedola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Dangote Nearly Robbed Ac Of 2007 Lagos Gubernatorial Election - Femi Otedola (660 Views)

Lagos Gubernatorial Elections Collation Updates / Presidential Election: Femi Fani Kayode Sings New Song! / Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Dangote Nearly Robbed Ac Of 2007 Lagos Gubernatorial Election - Femi Otedola by ROBOCOB(m): 8:36am On Jun 17, 2009
You can read the news here or someone can just copy and paste.
http://www.huhuonline.com/news389.html
Re: How Dangote Nearly Robbed Ac Of 2007 Lagos Gubernatorial Election - Femi Otedola by ElRazur: 8:46am On Jun 17, 2009
According to the headline, if he [i]nearly robbed [/i]but wasn't successful in 2007. Why is this news?
Re: How Dangote Nearly Robbed Ac Of 2007 Lagos Gubernatorial Election - Femi Otedola by ROBOCOB(m): 8:49am On Jun 17, 2009
Are you asking me or the reporter ?
Re: How Dangote Nearly Robbed Ac Of 2007 Lagos Gubernatorial Election - Femi Otedola by ElRazur: 8:52am On Jun 17, 2009
To ask the reporter will be a waste of time. I am asking you. You posted it here. smiley

It is just a habit of what I have noticed with our press and those who subscribe to them like yourself.
Re: How Dangote Nearly Robbed Ac Of 2007 Lagos Gubernatorial Election - Femi Otedola by ElRazur: 8:55am On Jun 17, 2009
Another question why is this even news? Surely this is more or less a personal feud between two people and as a result a lot of unverified claims been made. Who read this things anyway? Do people not question what they read etc?
Re: How Dangote Nearly Robbed Ac Of 2007 Lagos Gubernatorial Election - Femi Otedola by ElRazur: 8:58am On Jun 17, 2009
Here is what is worth reading

There appears to be no let up in the titanic battle between frontline Nigerian billionaires, Femi Otedola and Aliko Dangote, with the sensational disclosure by Otedola that his former ally turned foe, was involved in a high-level plot to scuttle Action Congress’s (AC) victory in the governorship election in Lagos State in 2007. The April 21 election brought Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola to office

Then the rest of the body are just allegations and unverified claims.

Then the conclusion

According to him, [Dangote] “whoever said that is a blatant liar. The election in Lagos was never in contention to warrant Alhaji Dangote’s interference. The likes of Nduka Obaigbena (Publisher, ThisDay Newspaper) can confirm that Alhaji contributed immensely to Fasshola’s victory in 2007.”

So why is this even news? I am struggling to find out why it is news.
Re: How Dangote Nearly Robbed Ac Of 2007 Lagos Gubernatorial Election - Femi Otedola by ROBOCOB(m): 8:59am On Jun 17, 2009
Thats insane of you. I wasnt Femi Otedola. I only posted the link so that we will know what is happening under our roof. We should be not be oblivious of why we have a precarious nation.
Re: How Dangote Nearly Robbed Ac Of 2007 Lagos Gubernatorial Election - Femi Otedola by ElRazur: 9:04am On Jun 17, 2009
Nothing insane about what I have posted so far. The news link is not proper journalism. It is more or less a gossip column. All the reports are not verified, and it is well known that when people feud in Nigeria, a lot of untrue statement are spewed. The best Nigeria's press can do is investigative journalism and try to establish facts if it is of benefit to the public.

The story you link to lacks truth, I am struggling to find the public interest and it shows the poor journalism that plagues our media.
Re: How Dangote Nearly Robbed Ac Of 2007 Lagos Gubernatorial Election - Femi Otedola by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 17, 2009
Ok

how does anybody post a news or open a thread on an issue they hardly believe if or even have any opinion on?

(1) (Reply)

Danger Of Involuntary Disclosure Of Important Personal Information / Osama To Lay Down Arms, Unbelievable! / Iraqis Rejoice As U.s. Troops Leave Baghdad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.