Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,761 members, 7,965,886 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 12:44 AM

The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village (48946 Views)

''90% Of Southern Nigerian Women Are Prostitutes, Runs Girls" - Northern Man / Why Runs Girls’ Get The Good Guys & The Decent Girls Don’t – Joro Olumofin Expla / 10 Places In Lagos That Are Dominated By Runs Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by Sholaololu: 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2016
GurlFriend:
contd

The modus of operandi is simple. Some shop owners have turned pimps for their sales girls and some girls have graduated to “toasting” the male customers themselves. At the end of a transaction, the girls call the buyer to find out if the phones are working fine. They do not do this with just any customer but a man they are interested in. Of course these calls lead from one thing to another. At the end of the day, they are dating the customer. Sources say some of these girls come to the market every day with the hope of meeting not just a new date but a very wealthy one.

These shop owners encourage this because; they utilize the services of some of these girls as sales persons, paying them next to nothing. Some of these owners also pass their sales girls around in the market and openly discuss it among themselves. The “runs” business by the girls is now an open secret in the village that people there look at phone shop sales girls in the Village with derision, despite the fact that it is not all sales girls in the village that are part of this “runs” racket.

Some small phone shop owners have graduated into full times pimps as they now love-vendor their sales girls around town, regardless of whether the clients are customers or not. They also get their cuts when such deals sail through.

However, a lot of sales girls in the Computer Village are not automatically into this “runs” business. It is more prevalent among the small phone shop owners. Even then, numerous phone show sellers are not part of the ring. Yet, they all know it exists in the Village and talk about it with scorn.
It is also pertinent to note that a handful of sales girls in the Village have found life partners while doing their work in the village.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/01/the-untold-story-of-runs-girls-in-ikeja.html
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by potbelly(m): 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
miss potbelly? angry
ladenz:
Meanwhile the picture looks like a competition for Miss potbelly.

2 Likes

Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by buchai: 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
arrant nonsense story, liar muhamed n0 1. spreading false accusation on innocent people.
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by OperationIgrigi: 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2016
**grins** figment of the writer's wild imagination. **grins**
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by toprealman: 7:26pm On Jan 08, 2016
Rubbish article! Bloggers are cheap stag mates.[email]Rubbish article! Bloggers are cheap shag mates.[/email]Rubbish article! Bloggers are cheap shag mates.
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by duchess02(m): 7:37pm On Jan 08, 2016
Lies frm d pit of hell,dis a fucking lie,its usually some girls dat come ova to buy phones dat usually offer shop owners to pay in *kind*,most xpecially dose who love a particular high gadget n dere money isn't enuff for d gadget,dey offer to pay in kind

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by alotofgrace(m): 8:09pm On Jan 08, 2016
semid4lyfe:

Alaba is an Electronic/Electrical Appliances market.

Kindly define technology
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2016
Lacomus:
I wrk night shift in a hotel, wht I've seen with my two eyes has made me not to take any girl serious for the past three yrs.

No love lost no love found
Only hustle I have found.

OK. I've seen ur pics. I will report u to ur boss.
grin

I've also worked in a hotel. What irritated me then was seeing pastors and sugar mummies.
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2016
Life partners shocked

Nigerian men shey you heartongue

cc Truckpusher
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2016
mercylicious:

OK. I've seen ur pics. I will report u to ur boss.
grin

I've also worked in a hotel. What irritated me then was seeing pastors and sugar mummies.
lol, pix k .

Mehn na only God go judge us one by one .
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by Certifiedboss: 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2016
GurlFriend:
contd

The modus of operandi is simple. Some shop owners have turned pimps for their sales girls and some girls have graduated to “toasting” the male customers themselves. At the end of a transaction, the girls call the buyer to find out if the phones are working fine. They do not do this with just any customer but a man they are interested in. Of course these calls lead from one thing to another. At the end of the day, they are dating the customer. Sources say some of these girls come to the market every day with the hope of meeting not just a new date but a very wealthy one.

These shop owners encourage this because; they utilize the services of some of these girls as sales persons, paying them next to nothing. Some of these owners also pass their sales girls around in the market and openly discuss it among themselves. The “runs” business by the girls is now an open secret in the village that people there look at phone shop sales girls in the Village with derision, despite the fact that it is not all sales girls in the village that are part of this “runs” racket.

Some small phone shop owners have graduated into full times pimps as they now love-vendor their sales girls around town, regardless of whether the clients are customers or not. They also get their cuts when such deals sail through.

However, a lot of sales girls in the Computer Village are not automatically into this “runs” business. It is more prevalent among the small phone shop owners. Even then, numerous phone show sellers are not part of the ring. Yet, they all know it exists in the Village and talk about it with scorn.
It is also pertinent to note that a handful of sales girls in the Village have found life partners while doing their work in the village.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/01/the-untold-story-of-runs-girls-in-ikeja.html

This is true . I've been in lagos for about a week now and I've been going with my cousin to his office around computer village . There's a Chalet called DOUBLE 2 that's just besides his office . The rate at which boys and girls flock in there by the minute baffles me . Even men and women that look way over the age of 50 do patronize the place and it keeps me wondering if those old people are married and are cheating on their spouses
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by ladenz(m): 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2016
potbelly:
miss potbelly? angry

Lol. Thou shalt not take offence. I refereth not to thee or thy woman
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by potbelly(m): 10:00pm On Jan 08, 2016
You have to appease the gods because they have been gravely offended. Their wrath is imminent angry angry angry
ladenz:

Lol. Thou shalt not take offence. I refereth not to thee or thy woman
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by Truckpusher(m): 11:18pm On Jan 08, 2016
daretodiffer:
Life partners shocked

Nigerian men shey you heartongue

cc Truckpusher
Runs girls are everywhere , even in big churches , schools, shopping malls,big Mosques targeting Alhajis , cinemas, and Nairaland et al and don't bother about me - I can always smell them from afar no matter how tushed they pretend to be with their over polished grammar. grin tongue

They are like MTN , everywhere you go. grin
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
Truckpusher:
Runs girls are everywhere , even in big churches , schools, shopping malls,big Mosques targeting Alhajis , cinemas, and Nairaland et al and don't bother about me - I can always smell them from afar no matter how tushed they pretend to be with their over polished grammar. grin tongue

They are like MTN , everywhere you go. grin

We shall see smiley
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by Truckpusher(m): 11:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
daretodiffer:

We shall see smiley
See what again?

It will take a complete novice not to notice if a particular girl is a runs girl.

No matter how reserved they look they always have an attitude towards day to day life occurences and it's usually obvious unless you're complete olodo. grin

Though I must admit that some do behave and act civil when they come across a potential maga that wants a relationship. tongue
But ermm! Old timers like us na bad market. cheesy
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by refiner(f): 11:51pm On Jan 08, 2016
Adonis3:

This girl
wat I do
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by Ayatullah(m): 1:42am On Jan 09, 2016
Dharniel:
what a baseless story...

This can't be a baseless story, this story is very rich in details and very commonsensical. It is a wake up call for all the stakeholders in Computer Village. When next a general meeting is held at the Computer Village someone should refer to this story from Nairaland. Some of those girls could be touched and have a rethink. Ask yourself: Will you be happy to see your sister or daughter in this situation?
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by dastudent(m): 1:52am On Jan 09, 2016
Ayatullah:

This can't be a baseless story, this story is very rich in details and very commonsensical. It is a wake up call for all the stakeholders in Computer Village. When next a general meeting is held at the Computer Village someone should refer to this story from Nairaland. Some of those girls could be touched and have a rethink. Ask yourself: Will you be happy to see your sister or daughter in this situation?

This is what happens when you are so blinded by morals that you don't realize that people have the right to make their own decisions. Yes lots of girls have sex for money but does it mean all of them do it? No.

The moral high ground people will be talking from a jungle justice point of view. Nobody will be touched based on a story. People will continue doing what they do to survive. The poverty situation in Nigeria is freaking terrible and even though i do not subscribe to Olosho things. I will not blame someone who has to feed her 6 siblings and old parents living in a one room apartment in Badagry.

People will be shouting make hard earned money as if it's that easy. lol!
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by realnas(m): 2:14am On Jan 09, 2016
This is hogwash abeg moderators do the needful
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by professore(m): 7:44am On Jan 09, 2016
I guess the girls in this picture are not the sales girls u are talking about
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 09, 2016
Truckpusher:
See what again?

It will take a complete novice not to notice if a particular girl is a runs girl.

No matter how reserved they look they always have an attitude towards day to day life occurences and it's usually obvious unless you're complete olodo. grin

Though I must admit that some do behave and act civil when they come across a potential maga that wants a relationship. tongue
But ermm! Old timers like us na bad market. cheesy

How have you been?
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by 4C2215131: 8:35am On Jan 09, 2016
publicenemy:

How can such unconfirmed write up Without proof like this make front page. This is tarnishing the image of the girls in computer village.

I am embarrassed at the Moderators on this forum.

Don't be, it's all about driving traffic.
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by 4C2215131: 8:37am On Jan 09, 2016
alotofgrace:
Eehhrrr, one correction OP.

Computer village isn't the largest tech market in west aflika, kindly visit alaba int'l.

Well u could call it runs, but they call it advanced customer relations and follow-up strategy

Heheheheh...I love English language, a term for everything under the sun...hehehehe
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by tiptopy03(m): 10:49am On Jan 09, 2016
Thanks to all Nairalanders that have been my major set of customers.
Using this medium to let more people know more about our product.
We sell data at affordable price
1100 naira if it's cash or bank deposit
1200 naira if it's airtime or recharge cards(MTN recharge cards only)
Contact us at tiptopy consult via call, sms or whatsapp on 08067867807, 08138421163.
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by greggng: 11:09am On Jan 09, 2016
Live trash for lawma
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by damfun: 11:16am On Jan 09, 2016
Lacomus:
I wrk night shift in a hotel, wht I've seen with my two eyes has made me not to take any girl serious for the past three yrs.

No love lost no love found
Only hustle I have found.

i Addonbilivit..ure still proud to be single? Dey dia nd be tinking all gals r d same.. Hustle gud too..ur fam go share ur money after ure gone. Take note:#Allgirlsarenotdsame# Principle of individual diferrences.

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by Ayatullah(m): 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
dastudent:

This is what happens when you are so blinded by morals that you don't realize that people have the right to make their own decisions. Yes lots of girls have sex for money but does it mean all of them do it? No.

The moral high ground people will be talking from a jungle justice point of view. Nobody will be touched based on a story. People will continue doing what they do to survive. The poverty situation in Nigeria is freaking terrible and even though i do not subscribe to Olosho things. I will not blame someone who has to feed her 6 siblings and old parents living in a one room apartment in Badagry.

I want to believe you are one of those exploiting the girls or something is terribly wrong with your moral upbringing.
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by Ayatullah(m): 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2016
dastudent:

I want to seriously believe you are one of those exploiting the girls or something is terribly wrong with your moral upbringing.
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by Ayatullah(m): 11:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
dastudent:

I want to seriously believe you are one of those exploiting the girls or something is terrribly wrong with your moral upbringing.
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by OgaSirAde(m): 3:06am On Jan 12, 2016
seggzz:
May Almighty Creator save this our girls. Economic hardships is becoming terrible on them. Majority are turning to runs girls here and there in search for survival.

Men are always testing their soup. Ladies are selling their own natural products.

Man must wack!!!
Girls must eat. Don't be surprised your sisters may be there.

*Economic hardship* I see, laugh in swahili using grammar to magnify isookay oh.
Re: The Untold Story Of 'runs Girls' In Ikeja Computer Village by dastudent(m): 4:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
Ayatullah:

I want to seriously believe you are one of those exploiting the girls or something is terrribly wrong with your moral upbringing.

Sorry, I haven't come here in a while so here goes.

You want to strongly believe. lol. No one is too holy. I am just pointing out something from a non over the top moralistic point of view. People will judge and castigate but at the end of the day. It's the person's choice. Why would anyone exploit a full blown adult anyway. They have the right to choose how they can get themselves out of tight corners as long as they are not stealing or cheating someone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Couple Who Met During NYSC Weds (Photos) / What Do You See In This Picture / I'm Considering Marrying More Than One Wife , Please I Need Your Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.