Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,067 members, 7,966,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 08:29 AM

Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? (5221 Views)

Poll: Considering the killings, suicide bombings, amputation, beheading and heartless flogging prevalent in islam. Do u think allah is forgiving?

YES: Allah is forgiving: 60% (3 votes)
NO: Allah is not capable of forgiving: 20% (1 vote)
who cares. Enough of the violence though.: 20% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse / Who Is Allah? / Probability Of Allah Forgiving The Christian On The Day Of Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by littleb(m): 11:34pm On Jun 27, 2009
@noetic2:
Did u ever attend the four walls of ANY academic learning environment? did u ever go to a school? I doubt u did.

Cant u see the topic of discussion? its all about allah and forgiveness. why is forgiveness a very big deal to allah? I hate repeating myself.

Are you OK man? Dont you read my response at all? Is forgiveness=punishment according to your statement? Allah says He is the forgiving and the Merciful repeatedly in many verses. He also encourages muslims to forgive others as well, My previous responses was based on your questions relating amputation,killing etc which are very related to punishment to criminals and not individual judgement. Read the following verses:

Allah says:
“The repayment of a bad action is one equivalent to it. But if someone pardons and puts things right, his reward is with Allah…”(Qr, 42:40)

“…. But if you pardon and exonerate and forgive, Allah is Ever-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”(Qr, 64:14)

“But if someone is steadfast and forgives, that is the most resolute course to follow.” (Qr,42:43)

In addition, there are differences in offences committed, either to individual or against the govt or humanity in general. Islam takes care of every circumstances under criminal laws and in some cases forgiveness is applicable.

Also, Allah instructed prophet Muhammad as a leader thus:

"So what a great mercy it is from Allah that you (O dear Prophet Mohammed - peace and blessings be upon him), are lenient towards them; and if you had been stern and hardhearted (unsympathetic) they would have certainly been uneasy in your company; so forgive them and intercede for them and consult with them in the conduct of affairs; and when you decide upon something, rely upon Allah; indeed Allah loves those who trust (Him)". Qr3:159

Islam is a religion by which muslims are expected to subscribe to. . . , it is not the paradigm by which all humans regardless of their beliefs are to subscribe to. why does ur allah refuse to encourage u to forgive these people?

That is not a response to my question. Tell me where in the world where the criminals are not being punished at all?

is there any evidence of ANYONE in the koran who allah forgave?

Start reading Quran to yourself. If I tell you will you accept Islam?

He definitely did not come to fulfil allah's sharia law that knows no forgiveness.

Which laws did he came to fulfilled?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by noetic2: 12:04am On Jun 28, 2009
littleb:

@noetic2:
Are you OK man? Dont you read my response at all? Is forgiveness=punishment according to your statement? Allah says He is the forgiving and the Merciful repeatedly in many verses. He also encourages muslims to forgive others as well, My previous responses was based on your questions relating amputation,killing etc which are very related to punishment to criminals and not individual judgement. Read the following verses:

Allah says:
“The repayment of a bad action is one equivalent to it. But if someone pardons and puts things right, his reward is with Allah…”(Qr, 42:40)

“…. But if you pardon and exonerate and forgive, Allah is Ever-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”(Qr, 64:14)

“But if someone is steadfast and forgives, that is the most resolute course to follow.” (Qr,42:43)

In addition, there are differences in offences committed, either to individual or against the govt or humanity in general. Islam takes care of every circumstances under criminal laws and in some cases forgiveness is applicable.

Also, Allah instructed prophet Muhammad as a leader thus:

"So what a great mercy it is from Allah that you (O dear Prophet Mohammed - peace and blessings be upon him), are lenient towards them; and if you had been stern and hardhearted (unsympathetic) they would have certainly been uneasy in your company; so forgive them and intercede for them and consult with them in the conduct of affairs; and when you decide upon something, rely upon Allah; indeed Allah loves those who trust (Him)". Qr3:159

This is disgraceful.

Where exactly did either allah or mohammed showed forgiveness to anyone? in what cases is forgiveness applicable?
what happened to amputation, beheading, flogging, jihading and killing of apostates?

That is not a response to my question. Tell me where in the world where the criminals are not being punished at all?
what was ur question again?

Start reading Quran to yourself. If I tell you will you accept Islam?

why dont u just show me where allah showed forgiveness in ur koran, since u claim he is forgiving? You must have a reasoning capacity equivalent to an slowpoke for suggesting that I join islam. . . . . .of all the ills and EVIL of islam revealed on this forum, which of them have u ever refuted? me join islam? for what?

Which laws did he came to fulfilled?

what laws do u think?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by littleb(m): 1:27am On Jun 28, 2009
noetic2:

This is disgraceful.

Where exactly did either allah or mohammed showed forgiveness to anyone? in what cases is forgiveness applicable?

what happened to amputation, beheading, flogging, jihading and killing of apostates?

what was ur question again?

why dont u just show me where allah showed forgiveness in ur koran, since u claim he is forgiving? You must have a reasoning capacity equivalent to an slowpoke for suggesting that I join islam. . . . . .of all the ills and EVIL of islam revealed on this forum, which of them have u ever refuted? me join islam? for what?

what laws do u think?

Can you read your response to yourself? I provided you details from Quran. While cant you flourish me with your own points rather than repetition of the same questions.

I m expecting response from you regarding:

1. Where in the world does criminals are accorded free movement without being punished.
2. Which laws Jesus came to fulfilled according to your bible?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by noetic4: 11:26am On Sep 26, 2009
1. u have not showed me anywhere allah forgave anyone in the koran.

2. criminals are punished all over the world. . . but there is a fair system and NOT the inhuman amputation and beheading as found in islam.
and morover islam is a religion. . , , why cant allah ask his followers to forgive?

3. Jesus came to fulfil the laws of God as established in the 10 commandments. . .so?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Abuzola(m): 11:38am On Sep 26, 2009
Jesus said he came to bring war and suffering, see mathew 10:34 and luke 12:49-51. What a blow to christianity
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by muhsin(m): 12:19pm On Sep 26, 2009
noetic4:

1. u have not showed me anywhere allah forgave anyone in the koran.

Stop repeating yourself, man. We recently had the discussion and I aptly provided you with Qur'anic verses where that is mentioned.

And the rest were as well discussed many a times on this board.

Would not we progress?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by noetic4: 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2009
can u please repeat it here. . .cos I dont recall seeing allah forgive ANYONE
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by muhsin(m): 12:37pm On Sep 26, 2009
Tell me what you would do after I did that. Just wanna know.
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by noetic4: 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2009
my opinion of allah would change. . . . . . .
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by muhsin(m): 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2009
I simply and instantly laugh, wallahi.
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by noetic4: 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2009
where is ur evidence that allah ever forgave anyone?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by muhsin(m): 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2009
"God accept the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and repent soon afterwards; to them will God turn in mercy: For God is full of knowledge and wisdom." (4:18)

Sorry; am not with my Qur'an at present, thus can't not give the chapters or the verses numbers. But I promise you that next time.

1-Allah, the Exalted, forgave prophet Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, along with his Companions.

2- He as well forgave Adam and Eve after the ate the tree fruit in heaven.

3- He also forgave prophet Moses after killing a fellow. Can't actually remember the history.

4- And many more.
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by noetic4: 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2009
There is online koran and haddith. , . .just use google

[B]SHOW ME WHERE ALLAH EVER FORGAVE ANYONE?[/B]
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Abuzola(m): 1:18pm On Sep 26, 2009
'ALLAH has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds, that for them there is forgiveness and a great reward' Quran 5:9
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 26, 2009
@neotic
This is a demonstration of forgiveness from the Prophet(SAW).

The people of the makkah had tormented the Prophet in the early days of his missionary but after he won them over they expected general slaughter in view of their persecution and torture of Muslims for the past twenty years. While standing by the Ka'bah, the Prophet (s) promised clemency for the Makkans, stating: "O Quraish, what do you think that I am about to do with you?" They replied, "Good. You are a noble brother, son of a noble brother." The Prophet forgave them all saying:

"I will treat you as Prophet Yousuf (Joseph) treated his brothers. There is no reproach against you. Go to your homes, and you are all free."
The Prophet also declared

Not to talk of God Almighty, Do you think if Allah is not forgiving won't he have destroyed the world we have today where all sort of evil deeds is the norm?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by muhsin(m): 1:51pm On Sep 26, 2009
noetic4:

There is online koran and haddith. ,  . .just use google

[B]SHOW ME WHERE ALLAH EVER FORGAVE ANYONE?[/B]

Don't you believe in what I say above? Why?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by babs787(m): 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2009
@Noetic

There is online koran and haddith. , . .just use google

SHOW ME WHERE ALLAH EVER FORGAVE ANYONE?

Oh I see. You are expecting a story in the Quran where Allah said ' I forgive you huh"? You should know that the Quran is not like the bible that was written by unknown authors putting words that are not Jesus' into his mouth. Also it is not words of historians like the bible and you have verses on Allah's forgiveness. You should google it out yourselves and use your precious time on other things. wink
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by noetic4: 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2009
will u shut it? ;o

why is there no reference of allah forgiving a person?. . .its pretty obvious that allah is a fraud.
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by babs787(m): 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2009
@Noetic

will u shut it? ;o

why is there no reference of allah forgiving a person?. . .its pretty obvious that allah is a fraud.

Dude, you know Babs very well when it comes to discussing with facts from your bible and my Quran. Do you expect a story where Allah would say, 'I forgive'? I seem not to comprehend your feather weight brain grin my friend.

Do I have it in the bible where God said, I forgive and not the words of historians?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by noetic4: 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2009
1. are u admitting that allah never forgave a person?

2. are u asking for where a person was forgiven by God in the bible?. , . .cos I cant make sense of ur rants
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 26, 2009
ah blabs is back. Welcome! grin
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by babs787(m): 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2009
@Noetic

Put aside your arrongance and ponder for a while

1. are u admitting that allah never forgave a person?

You said so, not me

2. are u asking for where a person was forgiven by God in the bible?

Ok, let me have that probably from OT or NT God and I would showed you verses from your book where your God never did that and killed unjustly.

. , . .cos I cant make sense of your rants

I am very much used to your style. Set the ball rolling dude cheesy

Welcome to my world cool

@Davidylan

ah blabs is back. Welcome!

Thank you Dauda, my good friend apart from Pataki but not fully back. cheesy
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by noetic4: 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2009
what is the goon saying? . . . . . .is allah a forgiving deity?, if yes, where is ur evidence from the koran that shows allah forgiving anyone?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 26, 2009
muhsin:

2- He as well forgave Adam and Eve after the ate the tree fruit in heaven.

The problem is that:

1. this tale is a plagiarism of the bible because the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" has absolutely no meaning in islam or the quran.

Sura 2:30. Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

31. And He taught Adam the nature of all things; then He placed them before the angels, and said: "Tell me the nature of these if ye are right."

32. They said: "Glory to Thee, of knowledge We have none, save what Thou Hast taught us: In truth it is Thou Who art perfect in knowledge and wisdom."

33. He said: "O Adam! Tell them their natures." When he had told them, Allah said: "Did I not tell you that I know the secrets of heaven and earth, and I know what ye reveal and what ye conceal?"

34. And behold, We said to the angels: "Bow down to Adam" and they bowed down. Not so Iblis: he refused and was haughty: He was of those who reject Faith.

35. We said: "O Adam! dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden; and eat of the bountiful things therein as (where and when) ye will; but approach not this tree, or ye run into harm and transgression."

36. Then did Satan make them slip from the (garden), and get them out of the state (of felicity) in which they had been. We said: "Get ye down, all (ye people), with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood - for a time."

This story is completely disjointed . . . we dont know how adam was created, we dont know how Adam's wife appeared. infact, if you read this and then read Quran 7, where this same story is repeatedly (mindlessly), allah does not ONCE mention the name of Adam's wife. How did muslims assume the name is eve? By stealing it from the bible?

Quran 7 reveals a bit more depth to this story than Surah 2 does . . . but again NOT ONCE mentions the name of the "garden" were Adam and his wife were placed. Muhsin claims it is heaven . . . allah NEVER told him so NEITHER does the term "heaven" have any meaning in islam at all . . . it is purely a christian name.

muhsin:

3- He also forgave prophet Moses after killing a fellow. Can't actually remember the history.

again more mindless copying of the bible.
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2009
;d
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Abuzola(m): 5:01pm On Sep 26, 2009
@david, you are one crazy Ghost worshipper, you do ur shallow search and boast of empty barrel. If i post the name of eve and how they were created would you be glad ?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2009
Abuzola:

@david, you are one crazy Ghost worshipper, you do your shallow search and boast of empty barrel. If i post the name of eve and how they were created would you be glad ?

Sure, be my guest.
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by muhsin(m): 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2009
@David,

You seem to have been revolving aroung one area.

What would you do if I proved to you that Qur'an is never copied from the Bible?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2009
muhsin:

@David,

You seem to have been revolving aroung one area.

What would you do if I proved to you that Qur'an is never copied from the Bible?

I would immediately switch to reading the quran. Go ahead, i'm waiting for your proof.
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by muhsin(m): 5:26pm On Sep 26, 2009
davidylan:

I would immediately switch to reading the quran. Go ahead, i'm waiting for your proof.

You won't, David. I have heard many of such songs. You will simply disappear into thick smoke, come back and pretend as nothing happened. grin

Any way, wait for that in a time to come, inshaAllah. cool
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 26, 2009
muhsin:

You won't, David. I have heard many of such songs. You will simply disappear into thick smoke, come back and pretend as nothing happened. grin

Any way, wait for that in a time to come, inshaAllah. cool

When are you going to bring me this proof oh liar?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by muhsin(m): 5:35pm On Sep 26, 2009
Soon, inshaAllah. What are you "eating" that eagerly?

Am now leaving in a few minutes, and probably till Tuesday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex-muslim Tell Why They Left Islam / Fasting: The Three Dimensions / Fasting Six Days Of Shawwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.