Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,296 members, 7,943,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 09:33 PM

Is Our Governments Really For And Of The People? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Our Governments Really For And Of The People? (314 Views)

Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments / Is Buhari Really For Everybody And Nobody? / FLASH| Boko Haram Still In 4 Local Governments (AUDIO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Our Governments Really For And Of The People? by yemolexy(m): 10:43am On Jan 11, 2016
I'm not into slandering any government but what happened yesterday actually pained me to the marrow. I was going somewhere, particularly a church, and had to pass through Olaiya junction ( those who are familiar with Oshogbo will know that place as it's very popular in the town). I had to cross to the other side and when I saw that the traffic light had signalled to the drivers to stop(red light), as I quickly rushed to cross I met a black Prado Jeep and when I looked to the back of the car I saw that it was a convoy (the osun state governor's convoy). I attempted to pass the front of the car since it had been stopped by the traffic light but the driver quickly moved as if to pin me against the vehicle at the front. I thank God he missed but what surprised me most was when the glass of the car was rolled down and I saw a man(probably an ss) holding a horsewhip and before I knew it the man whipped me at the back. I was very surprised and angered because I knew I didn't do anything wrong.
Another scenario was the news this morning that drivers will now be paying #100 for parking beside the road and if the car is left for more than 4 hours,they will pay #1000 and this are the people who have not received salaries for more than 5 months( both my folks are in the civil service).
These two cases have left me wondering if our government is really for and of the people. N.B: I am neither a PDP nor APC I am just another Nigerian.

(1) (Reply)

Nothing Changed / Chopping In Our Govt. / Arewa, Ohaneze Leaders Held Meeting, Expressed Hope For Greater Nigera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.