Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,185 members, 7,977,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 08:50 AM

Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? (2969 Views)

Should I Be Jealous? / She Says I Am A Devil But Was I Wrong To Do It To Her? / Ladies, Was I The Only One Who Prayed For Big Boobs When I Was Little? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by tpiah: 8:36am On Jun 21, 2009
Everyday when we talk, she tells me about all the guys that hit on her at work, where she eats, @ the salon. Everywhere she goes at least 2 guys must try to ask her out. Her toll is like 6 to 8 guys everyday. we always laugh at the guys together especially those with very poor pick up lines cos she told me there was nothing to worry about.

Earlier this week, she told me about a particular guy she met like 3 years ago. She's known him before we met. although they've not met in person. She told me the guy just got back from singapore where he went to do his masters. He then asked to meet her. She asked me if she should meet him. And i said OK.

She met the guy @ her office restaurant today. She then called me after the meeting and was talking about the guy. She was so excited talkin about this guy. It wasnt like when she was talking about the others. she sounded pretty excited. 

this girl seems like an unrepentant flirt, imo.

What exactly is your relationship based on? Do you enjoy the everyday jists of how many guys hit on her per day? And do the two of you ever talk about other things besides her "desirability" to others?

Maybe you consider it a good thing sha, but the scenario as you described it here, doesnt look very realistic because you've had this latest incident coming for a long time now.

A serious relationship should come with some sense of responsibility. I just dont see the point of daily stories about who's hitting on someone.
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by TheSeeker(m): 8:46am On Jun 21, 2009
tpiah:

this girl seems like an unrepentant flirt, imo.

What exactly is your relationship based on? Do you enjoy the everyday jists of how many guys hit on her per day? And do the two of you ever talk about other things besides her "desirability" to others?

Maybe you consider it a good thing sha, but the scenario as you described it here, doesnt look very realistic because you've had this latest incident coming for a long time now.

A serious relationship should come with some sense of responsibility. I just dont see the point of daily stories about who's hitting on someone.

Nice comment there. I want to believe they talked about her desirability to other men but in my opinion most of them must have been lies. You know why? Because the girl,if you take a critical look into her action since this guy's arrival, is a kind of girl who wants attention and there is 90% possibility that the guys she claimed hit on her didn't actually do that, she's the one with the crush on them. This is what I believe mostly. Sometimes women make up those who hit on them so as to be narcissistic. It's all in her imaginations. Narcissism at the highest order.
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by viperman: 11:56am On Jun 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

Nice comment there. I want to believe they talked about her desirability to other men but in my opinion most of them must have been lies. You know why? Because the girl,if you take a critical look into her action since this guy's arrival, is a kind of girl who wants attention and there is 90% possibility that the guys she claimed hit on her didn't actually do that, she's the one with the crush on them. This is what I believe mostly. Sometimes women make up those who hit on them so as to be narcissistic. It's all in her imaginations. Narcissism at the highest order.

LOL, you sound like you've just been fresh-out of a similar situation either as the untrusting boyfy or the returnee.
Either way, you made a great point. Many ladies on here won't admit it so don't expect them to.
It's funny though but thats life for you.
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by TheSeeker(m): 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2009
viperman:

LOL, you sound like you've just been fresh-out of a similar situation either as the untrusting boyfy or the returnee.
Either way, you made a great point. Many ladies on here won't admit it so don't expect them to.
It's funny though but thats life for you.

They all have it twisted bro. I have been in the position of the returnee not as the boyfriend. I've got to tell you though that when women say things in appraisal of who they are, you'd need some reality check into their assertions or you'll be swayed just right into the wrong camp. They like to make you think you have to put up more fight or effort to deserve them or you'll lose them to potential lovers, which exists negligibly if all it exists at that moment
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by IniUbom(m): 9:14pm On Jun 21, 2009
@ poster
I stopped reading when u said she should meet di bobo. Wheres ur bravado Di bobo go comot ball 3rd leg Konko Below finis.
Knock Out dey worri u sef undecided
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by beingme(f): 2:34pm On Jun 22, 2009
LOVE IS NOT JEALOUS PPL
ITS WE HUMAN THAT RE JEALOUS AND NOW WE RE PUTTING IT AS IF LOVE IS
1 Corinthians 13 (Amplified Bible)

1 Corinthians 13
1IF I [can] speak in the tongues of men and [even] of angels, but have not love (that reasoning, intentional, spiritual devotion such [a]as is inspired by God's love for and in us), I am only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

2And if I have prophetic powers ([b]the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), and understand all the secret truths and mysteries and possess all knowledge, and if I have [sufficient] faith so that I can remove mountains, but have not love (God's love in me) I am nothing (a useless nobody).

3Even if I dole out all that I have [to the poor in providing] food, and if I surrender my body to be burned or [c] in order that I may glory, but have not love (God's love in me), I gain nothing.

4Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.

5It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].

6It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.

7Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].

8Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]. As for prophecy ([d]the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), it will be fulfilled and pass away; as for tongues, they will be destroyed and cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away [it will lose its value and be superseded by truth].

9For our knowledge is fragmentary (incomplete and imperfect), and our prophecy (our teaching) is fragmentary (incomplete and imperfect).

10But when the complete and perfect (total) comes, the i
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by kachiside: 5:29pm On Jun 22, 2009
Na wah for the girl self. That means she has been keeping in contact with the Guy for the past three years that the guy has been in Signapore. If not, how come she knows that the Signapore guy is in town. The girl na " ONA NA DI ACHO DI' meaning she dey for husband house still dey look for husband.

At poster, i smell a rat here, she dosen't want to pick your call just because you are jealous, na wah for some women, please do all you can to gain audiendce with her, if it fails, then know that the girl has been looking for an excuse to opt out of the relationship, then you wait for your girl, maybe she was not the one meant for you.

Good Luck sha, abeg channel your jealousy towards me, i will embrace yopu with open arms wahoooooooooooo.
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by jibzgal: 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2009
hmmmm
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by Hauwa1: 8:27pm On Jun 22, 2009
ummmm OP, only bother yourself if you're both engaged.
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 23, 2009
why should she meet the bobo at all. Is she tryin to price all commodities

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nice Guys Always Finish Last! / If Seun The Owner Of Nl Proposes Love To You. . . / T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.