Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,222 members, 7,880,818 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:25 AM

The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? (14891 Views)

Make Money Selling The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by bluehorizo(m): 8:51pm On Jun 20, 2009
fortknox

Can we talk?
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by fortknox: 9:09pm On Jun 20, 2009
Yes we sure can talk,

I'm on 08083680061

feeling kinky, Nairaland, should we start da installation process? grin cheesy
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by fortknox: 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2009
Garmap Nigeria Streetmaps (Topographical and Recreation) Version 3 - Mapsource Version

Garmap Nigeria Streetmaps (Topographical and Recreation) Version 3 - Mapsource Version ;e|hpOQT.
Requirements: Any PC / PPC / Symbian Garmin Mobile XT installed, Garmin Nubi, Streetpilot. {e`P ]K
Overview: This product includes comprehensive routable street level data for Lagos and Abuja and a regional road network for Nigeria. Forest areas and 100m contours have also been incoporated. 0!-)79bD@
Data for Nigeria allows you to accurately plan and navigate to destinations within Nigeria, whether it is on a national level or within the city extents of Lagos, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Warri or Abuja. X8P\rJ#
Search capabilities on a comprehensive list of places of interest such as service stations, banks and businesses allow you to quickly find and route to your destination. j)-|k:5
Added benefits are the 100m contours and forest areas incorporated into the product. [ZNK;<<d
The interactivity between PC and GPS provides for the transfer of maps, tracks, waypoints and routes. ;[Gu}-
Data features include: r;K/HG(<
• More than 135 000km of road data for Nigeria i6S $Luv\
• More than 8000 points of interest @Pyh`-wI
• 100m contour data =ET $wPe
• Forest areas xI ta~:1
Filedate: December 13, 2008 Cv<E$,
Y.{ gPi2U
] M@dOqs}
X2iRa K|u
Ez~9OQ Lb
More Info: SEE3J;&
CODE:
http://garmap.com/AS20082/Info/Info_AS2008NIGSM3.asp
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by bluehorizo(m): 9:29pm On Jun 20, 2009
Hi FOx thanks so much for the call. I do appreciate your honesty. Will try them out and be assured i will let you know the outcome. Goodnight bruv!

Gamine where thou art?
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by bluehorizo(m): 9:33pm On Jun 20, 2009
Why is it there is no phone contact info on http://garmap.com/AS20082/Info/Info_AS2008NIGSM3.asp?
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by fortknox: 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2009
That's just an introductory page,
I'll not give you fish, I'll teach you how to fish,
A candle looses nothing by lighting up another candle,
It all starts and ends in this chinese website, u may need to register, go through it, if you have any problem, do not hesitate to let me know.
cheers!

http://www.pda4x.com/read.php?tid=86780&fpage=5
shocked
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by PapaBrowne(m): 10:11pm On Jun 20, 2009
@Labiyemmy
Naaah! You don't refer to GAMINE with a name like that! You really shouldn't.

@Manny4life
Right on point.

Copyright doesn't prevent others from creating innovations similar to yours.
If your company was able to map as many as 160 cities  and 30,000 POIs, what makes you feel that the company that produced that map cannot do the same.
Your copyright case would be a hard one especially as the producing company is not domiciled in Nigeria.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by texazzpete(m): 11:40pm On Jun 20, 2009
@Papabrowne, Manny4life

You guys don't get it. he isn't saying these guys made maps similar to his own. What he's saying is they are using the very maps he spent ages creating. Not a clone, but the real deal.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by labiyemmy(m): 3:25am On Jun 21, 2009
Thanks Texazzpete

Papabrowne and Manny4life

In a bid to act as an intellectual, you have exposed yourself as lacking in the knowledge you have tried vehemently to expose. I have no word for such nonsence. I am saying someone took my maps, made over the years, copyrighted to my comapny and put into another device, you are here talking about something you know absolutely nothing about? Why not just shut up if you dont know what we are saying here?

These maps are locked to prevent people like this from copying it, but still, some Chinese goons deviced ways and manners of unlocking the maps to put it into Garmin Mobile XT software which they now port on their softwares and hardwares and begin to sell in Nigeria - I dont care if one million people make the same navigation systems like i do, i honestly dont care, but, they have to make their own maps, or at least buy licenses from us to use our own maps, not to take our maps, fraudulently unlock it and then pop it into their own hardware - this aint done and it is a big fight which we are ready to fight. We have the names of the company behind it already, and their butts will taste the fire soon.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by manny4life(m): 3:45am On Jun 21, 2009
@labiyemmy:

Thanks Texazzpete

Papabrowne and Manny4life

In a bid to act as an intellectual, you have exposed yourself as lacking in the knowledge you have tried vehemently to expose. I have no word for such nonsence. I am saying someone took my maps, made over the years, copyrighted to my comapny and put into another device, you are here talking about something you know absolutely nothing about? Why not just shut up if you dont know what we are saying here?

Correction, I'm not acting in a bid, for why? but following careful analysis like you claimed, and it doesn't take a fool to understand what copyright and infringement is. Obviously you do not have the time for that nonsense like you claim because i certainly said the truth, and I might have not known the knowledge but at least I know when some fake ass bitch is claiming rights that were leased to him. Exactly, you just said it yourself, so shut the f**k up and quit sulking like a little bitch (same you called someone else). I still maintain that you do not own any Intelllectual right not property and move the f**k on with your little pathetic lies of yours. Tell your lame story to someone else and don't forget, when you nab the bad guys and take them to court for copyright infringement, I like to know the outcome.

Again for the record @labiyemmy because I could tell that you are very slow to comprehension so I will tell you again. You don't have any Intellectual copyrighted material, period.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by labiyemmy(m): 3:52am On Jun 21, 2009
@Manny

Ok.  thanks. I dont have. You are correct.

Let the very wise ones say something here and let the dunces shut the hell up.

I dont have the time to prove anything to anyone here. He who has his or her mouth can use it to say anything he or she likes. But for sure, what i have, noone can take it away from me, if you like beleive it or not, i care less, honestly, i care less.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by manny4life(m): 4:04am On Jun 21, 2009
@labiyemmy:

@Manny

Ok.  thanks. I dont have. You are correct.

Let the very wise ones say something here and let the dunces shut the hell up.

I dont have the time to prove anything to anyone here. He who has his or her mouth can use it to say anything he or she likes. But for sure, what i have, noone can take it away from me, if you like beleive it or not, i care less, honestly, i care less.

"Ok.  thanks. I dont have. You are correct."

You are very welcome and I'm glad that you finally agreed that you have nothing

"Let the very wise ones say something here and let the dunces shut the hell up."

Very well then, you said it all. I believe you know what to do next.

"I don't have the time to prove anything to anyone here."

Perfect, save it for the federal court.

"He who has his or her mouth can use it to say anything he or she likes. But for sure, what i have, noone can take it away from me, if you like beleive it or not, i care less, honestly, i care less."
Exactly we all are entitled to freedom of speech. No one will take something that doesn't exist. Trust me, you don't have to care because we really care less either. Save your sorry emotions and self pity for those who really gives a shit.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by labiyemmy(m): 4:14am On Jun 21, 2009
@Manny

You know what, i can buy all of your sorry life with all i have made from my copyrighted maps, i can buy you and all your belongings and still have enough change to live my life, so, keep you dirty mouth zipped or taped with super glue. What is your interest in this case hapless goon?

I see jealousy, you dont know me, i dont know you, you dont know what i have, yet, you, out of your very lack of understanding come here to say i dont have what i say i have? How dare you? on what premise are you saying that, out of jealousy? Go to Navteq, go to ESRI, go to USGS ask them where they got their Nigerian maps from, and they will gladly tell you it is from Third Dimension Technologies - call Garmap n south Africa and ask them if they know about Third Dimensin - do you know me? Do you know what I do? Do you know where and how i make my living? Do you think everyone is like you who out of jealousy just write what he knows nothing about? Come to our offices in Lagos, abuja and in London, we will show you our works, our hand work, we will give you a job and keep you quiet for your life time, and you will forever learn not to comment on what you know nothing about, stupid man.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by manny4life(m): 4:16am On Jun 21, 2009
These maps are locked to prevent people like this from copying it, but still, some Chinese goons deviced ways and manners of unlocking the maps to put it into Garmin Mobile XT software which they now port on their softwares and hardwares and begin to sell in Nigeria - I dont care if one million people make the same navigation systems like i do, i honestly dont care, but, they have to make their own maps, or at least buy licenses from us to use our own maps, not to take our maps, fraudulently unlock it and then pop it into their own hardware - this aint done and it is a big fight which we are ready to fight. We have the names of the company behind it already, and their butts will taste the fire soon.

@labiyemmy please don't forget to keep us updated with the fire and brimstone you intend on pouring down on this companies. I really like to know the outcome
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by labiyemmy(m): 4:19am On Jun 21, 2009
You are indeed a very sick man, you need a lesson in decorum.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by manny4life(m): 4:24am On Jun 21, 2009
@labiyemmy:

@Manny

You know what, i can buy all of your sorry life with all i have made from my copyrighted maps, i can buy you and all your belongings and still have enough change to live my life, so, keep you dirty mouth zipped or taped with super glue. What is your interest in this case hapless goon?

grin cheesy cheesy grin Umm, am I missing something here? Was it not the same you who was feeling so (go figure) a few seconds ago is same person who wants to buy someone else's sorry life, how lame, I mean is it really that serious?l. You see I was right, you had stole someone else's idea as a copyrighted material and sold it, made money from it  and you are here defending your pathetic little lie about having Intellectual Property. I have no interest in this case and its only a goon that know one, so there goes my answer for you.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by labiyemmy(m): 4:27am On Jun 21, 2009
stick your tongue in your butt hole and jump in fromt of a moving train while i live my happy life, give instructions for your goons to write on your grave, "here goes the man who killed himself because of the fortune of another"

I got no words for locked brains like you.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by manny4life(m): 4:28am On Jun 21, 2009
@labiyemmy:

You are indeed a very sick man, you need a lesson in decorum.

Yes, I'm sick, sick of your lies,  grin grin grin

Lesson? Oh, I guess you are the instructor , cool grin
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by manny4life(m): 4:31am On Jun 21, 2009
@labiyemmy:

stick your tongue in your butt hole and jump in fromt of a moving train while i live my happy life, give instructions for your goons to write on your grave, "here goes the man who killed himself because of the fortune of another"

I got no words for locked brains like you.

Wait a second, all this coming from a con artist, awwww. Your attacks are becoming baseless, you need to try a little bit harder, grin grin cool cool
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by labiyemmy(m): 4:34am On Jun 21, 2009
Person say him old pass you, you say na by one day! you fit add that one day to your own? Go and think about your life.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by manny4life(m): 4:39am On Jun 21, 2009
@labiyemmy:

Person say him  old pass you, you say na by one day! you fit add that one day to your own? Go and think about your life.

My advice, why don't you begin thinking about yours. At least, learn how to structure a very good lie which can serve for an accomplishment grin
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by manny4life(m): 4:52am On Jun 21, 2009
@labiyemmy:

@Manny

I see jealousy, you dont know me, i dont know you, you dont know what i have, yet, you, out of your very lack of understanding come here to say i dont have what i say i have? How dare you? on what premise are you saying that, out of jealousy? Go to Navteq, go to ESRI, go to USGS ask them where they got their Nigerian maps from, and they will gladly tell you it is from Third Dimension Technologies - call Garmap n south Africa and ask them if they know about Third Dimensin - do you know me? Do you know what I do? Do you know where and how i make my living? Do you think everyone is like you who out of jealousy just write what he knows nothing about? Come to our offices in Lagos, abuja and in London, we will show you our works, our hand work, we will give you a job and keep you quiet for your life time, and you will forever learn not to comment on what you know nothing about, stupid man.

You right I don't know you and for real I could really care less. Jealousy? Come on, don't you think you can do better than that. I have watched you expose yourself on how you sell copyrighted maps, yet you claim that you are such a honorable man, wow. Anyway, you can offer your job to people who really needs it, I'll pass on it because I have been blessed with one that needn't for me to lie in order to exaggerate my personality. Congratulations on telling me who you are, what a disaster?
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by Akpangbon: 8:21am On Jun 21, 2009
where is this world going? Someone says or claims he has something, someone else is disproving it, how does the one disproving it know that what he is saying is true? This world is amazing.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by Akpangbon: 8:35am On Jun 21, 2009
manny4life:

First off calling her a bitch is totally unprofessional from someone who is claiming Copyright Infringement.

Second, Copyright Infringement is an unauthorized use of material in a manner that violates the copyright owner's exclusive rights, such as the right to reproduce or perform the copyrighted work. With careful analysis, you have not proved that your end material was breached on Infringement, also
having known this, you claimed that your company "THIRD DIMENSIONAL COMPANIES" has the right to this products, but what you are not telling us is if Garmin Satellites, Navitel and Interactive Mapping granted your company the exclusive trade rights and Patent to your company. This mapping companies own these Intellectual rights and not your company and have the right to lease their knowledge to whomever they wish and its even done here in US which is what they did in your case. What you fail to understand there are several exclusion and exemptions to Copyright laws which in your case, a copyright does not prevent others from creating their own original product similar to that of yours, or from using or making the Navigation themselves.

Third, I don't know how strong Nigerian Copyright laws, its judicial argument and complications and its enforcement.

In conclusion based on your facts, you do not hold any case and its baseless and you cannot go after a company because you felt they producing same product as you do. Your company has to prove beyond reasonable doubt more than 70% of the fact that her product is a"clone" of your product, with evidential damages it has caused. Even in the US here, its really hard and expensive to fight copyright and in most cases the Plaintiff looses the cases.

This one don derail the argument completely. Nigerians are whiz kids at and in what they know nothing about.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by iukpe: 9:46am On Jun 21, 2009
I find this very interesting because i have been using the Garmin GPS for sometime now. Currently i have the 60CSX i use it all the time but just for my track log.
can anyone from Garmap Nigeria Street maps, or labiyemmy tell me where i can download street maps of all states in Nigeria for my GPS.
This is interesting guys. But for the Copyright Infringement issue here. This na Naija, there is always something to worry about.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by labiyemmy(m): 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2009
@iukpe

I have replied your email - check your box pls. You can come to our office in Lagos or Abuja. I can also send you the maps online.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by JAZES(m): 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2009
I always wonder why all threads on nairaland must end in war.I think this forum needs a big REBRANDING.
Guys pls lets always focus on the topic and not rain accusations and counter-accusations. Lets keep this forum sane for once.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by manny4life(m): 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2009
Akpangbon:

where is this world going? Someone says or claims he has something, someone else is disproving it, how does the one disproving it know that what he is saying is true? This world is amazing.

No one has said there was a wrong doing, however, I was just using analytical reasoning and in my job not everyone says something and you just digest it HOOK, LINE, SINKER.

Akpangbon:

This one don derail the argument completely. Nigerians are whiz kids at and in what they know nothing about.

I am happy that you said it yourself. I will tell you something, I am not a copyright attorney or legal expert, but during the course of my study at the University and few classes related to law and had three class seminars particularly on intellectual property, at least I have the basic knowledge of what I'm talking about and have class cases to prove it. During the course of my back to back argument with @labiyemmy, well his said he had sold copyrighted maps and can buy my sorry life with it, I did not have to ask him, yet he confirmed it with his mouth.

As for the argument, hypotheically I was foolish, a wise person like you would have kept the thread on track rather than criticize it the more.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by manny4life(m): 4:49pm On Jun 21, 2009
JAZES:

I always wonder why all threads on nairaland must end in war.I think this forum needs a big REBRANDING.
Guys pls lets always focus on the topic and not rain accusations and counter-accusations. Lets keep this forum sane for once.

I agree and I am publicly apologizing to @labiyemmy for any wrong doing and the thread can peacefully move on. Thanks for keeping the thread back on track, you certainly addressed the issues.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by fortknox: 4:54pm On Jun 21, 2009
Lets leave all these arguement, it only breeds bad blood; I'm interested in helping the average teeming audience out there make the best use of the Mobile Phone with inbuilt GPS, downloading the "free" map online, activating Garmin mobile XT on their mobile phone, unlocking the "free" online map to match their phone IMEI, and pronto , having a voice guided street map on ur palm, but if anyone isnt interested, u may contact GARMAP reps or labbyyemi to BUY theirs.
grin
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by JAZES(m): 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2009
@manny4life,
Thats the spirit my brother.
@fortknox,
Keep up the good work.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by labiyemmy(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2009
manny4life:

I agree and I am publicly apologizing to @labiyemmy for any wrong doing and the thread can peacefully move on. Thanks for keeping the thread back on track, you certainly addressed the issues.

Accepted - and i offer my apologies as well. No bad blood. Cheers and God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns / Abbah Kyari & Nigerian High Commission: Presidency Replies Sahara Reporters / Court Convicts Abdulrasheed Maina Of N2billion Pension Fraud Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.