Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,689 members, 7,879,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:23 AM

Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard (23097 Views)

Reps Gather 113 Signatures For Dogara, Jibrin Probe By EFCC / GFATM Suspends Activities In Nigeria, Demands Probe By Buhari. / Photo: Senator Ben Bruce Plead With Nigerians To Support His Alternative Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by naijapips02: 9:51am On Jan 13, 2016
The leaders and people of Okerenkoko, Gbaramatu Kingdom, in Warri South-West Local Government Area, Delta State, have given their total support to the Economic and Finance Crimes Commission, EFCC, in its probe of Chief Government Ekpemupolo, alias Tompolo, over the alleged N13 billion paid by Federal Government for the acquisition of the Maritime University land in the community.

The leaders, who spoke through Chief Micheal Johnny, yesterday in Warri, said now that Tompolo had admitted that the alleged N13 billion was approved by the Federal Executive Council, FEC and Bureau of Public Procurement, BPP, Federal Ministry of Lands and Survey, Federal Ministry of Transport, NIMASA, the EFCC should ask Tompolo why Okerenkoko was paid only N360 million for the land.

They said Tompolo was not above the law and he should tell Nigerians the whereabouts of the balance of over N12billion, urging the EFCC to invite Tompolo and also the immediate former ministers of the aforementioned ministries and agency to explain their respective roles in the transaction.

The leaders insisted that EFCC should prosecute those involved in the diversion of the funds, recover same and given for the development of the community, which was razed down years.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/alleged-n13bn-land-scam-okerenkoko-community-asks-efcc-to-probe-tompolo/

11 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 13, 2016
Good news

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by modath(f): 9:57am On Jan 13, 2016
13b & he gave only 360m to his community shocked shocked

Abeg mathematicians in da house, wetin be dat sharing formula?.... Ratio what to what??

Jonathan is more generous than even papa Gode , the main G... Just dashing billions like small change for lil kids offering money!! cheesy

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Sparrow13: 10:11am On Jan 13, 2016
Good radiance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by LordAdam: 10:36am On Jan 13, 2016
I be know say na haters get EFCC back for this Tompolo matter.

So, the problem is not they bought the land for N13b, na say the man pocket N12b out of the money. All these community people sef, na them be ND problem.

Had Tompolo shared the money like they wanted, na so dem for don dey protest say PMB dey witch hunt their son.

Make oil kukuma finish make everybody rest. Them jor dey disgrace their father.

-Lord

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by gtrust: 11:20am On Jan 13, 2016
Tompolo is "government" nothing so him!!!

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by omenka(m): 11:37am On Jan 13, 2016
modath:

13b & he gave only 360m to his community shocked shocked

Abeg mathematicians in da house, wetin be dat sharing formula?.... Ratio what to what??

Jonathan is more generous than even papa Gode , the main G... Just dashing billions like small change for lil kids offering money!! cheesy
Even though it is old news, can we see the maturity in other people.

While some are doing this, others are protesting for the protection of a criminal because "he is our brother".

Smh.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:39am On Jan 13, 2016
LordAdam:

So, the problem is not they bought the land for N13b, na say the man pocket N12b out of the money. All these community people sef, na them be ND problem.

Had Tompolo shared the money like they wanted, na so dem for don dey protest say PMB dey witch hunt their son.

-Lord

Guy abeg no vex, elucidate this ya post.
Make we follow u yarn.

8 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by MendeZ(m): 11:58am On Jan 13, 2016
Ignorance is really a disease

To Make it clear to those who don't know what transpired:

The Money in question was paid for the acquisition of the temporary site and structures on it which was built personally by Tompolo. And also for the virgin land of the permanent site which is different from the temporary site. The temporary site contains multi billion naira structures that are fully equipped to the fullest.

Michael Jonny is not speaking for the community, he is an APC chieftain trying to get favour from the present administration.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by LordAdam: 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Guy abeg no vex, elucidate this ya post.
Make we follow u yarn.

What I meant is that, the community people (if the story is true) probably are the people who filed the petition against Tompolo.

As you can see, their problem is not that N13b was used to buy land (an outrageous amount by any standard), but that Tompolo received the money and only gave them circa N300m.

So, if Tompolo had shared the money like they wanted, maybe 60% for the community, and 40% for him, they would not be supporting this probe. They probably would have been protesting the court's decision to arrest Tompolo like the people of Oghara when Ibori was arrested and sentenced.

And as I said, that is the problem with ND. The communities are like the NGF, with the motto: "Share the money". If you don't you are corrupt and have to answer, if you do, you are a true son of the soil and should be left alone.

Little wonder why development is scarce in ND. Look at Warri, a supposed oil city. Community people don pursue all the companies finish, no meaningful development even though the state receives the second highest allocation in Nigeria, generates one of the top 5 highest IGR in the country and has one of the largest debt profile of all states, because of share the money mentality. All those money wasted because of the myopic mentality.

Sources tell me the current governor, Okowa has up to 200 special advisers and assistants all receiving bogus salaries and emoluments, aside the commissioners and their aides, agencies and other institutions. The same thing in Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, even Rivers, and some idiots will say the underdevelopment is GEJ fault because he did not do anything in the region. Wetin he for do, build house for everybody for each community...

#rantends

-Lord

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by B69U: 12:18pm On Jan 13, 2016
Another trash from APC, let them go to the creeks and fight Government if them get authority.

Buhari think he can suddenly restart paying Amnesty to militant and take opportunity to arrest the Government of Militant.

hahahahahahahaha!

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2016
LordAdam:

What I meant is that, the community people (if the story is true) probably are the people who filed the petition against Tompolo.

As you can see, their problem is not that N13b was used to buy land (an outrageous amount by any standard), but that Tompolo received the money and only gave them circa N300m.

So, if Tompolo had shared the money like they wanted, maybe 60% for the community, and 40% for him, they would not be supporting this probe. They probably would have been protesting the court's decision to arrest Tompolo like the people of Oghara when Ibori was arrested and sentenced.

And as I said, that is the problem with ND. The communities are like the NGF, with the motto: "Share the money". If you don't you are corrupt and have to answer, if you do, you are a true son of the soil and should be left alone.

Little wonder why development is scarce in ND. Look at Warri, a supposed oil city. Community people don pursue all the companies finish, no meaningful development even though the state receives the second highest allocation in Nigeria, generates one of the top 5 highest IGR in the country and has one of the largest debt profile of all states, because of share the money mentality. All those money wasted because of the myopic mentality.

Sources tell me the current governor, Okowa has up to 200 special advisers and assistants all receiving bogus salaries and emoluments, aside the commissioners and their aides, agencies and other institutions. The same thing in Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, even Rivers, and some idiots will say the underdevelopment is GEJ fault because he did not do anything in the region. Wetin he for do, build house for everybody for each community...

#rantends

-Lord
And how are you sure, its not credible people within the community that are filling this petition

5 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by LordAdam: 12:32pm On Jan 13, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

And how are you sure, its not credible people within the community that are filling this petition

Credible people kon, incredible hulk ni. Why them no file am since?

They are filing it now because they know the APC government is looking to score cheap points against PDP and would be ready to drag Tompolo to the mud.

Watch, even if them give them all the N13b, nothing them go use am do. Them go still beg government for road, water, electricity, schools, jobs; and their children will still work around with just pants and stay in latrines called houses.

Once chiefs don take their share, youth leader don take him share, boys don drink tombo, na to dey clamor for more free money from Ministry of Niger Delta, or NDDC, or DESOPADEC.

-Lord

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by LordAdam: 12:35pm On Jan 13, 2016
omenka:
Even though it is old news, can we see the maturity in other people.

While some are doing this, others are protesting for the protection of a criminal because "he is our brother".

Smh.

Guy, na because of say Tompolo no share the money give them as them want.

Do you think Ayiri's people will support Ayiri's arrest even if anyone proves that he got his money fraudulently? After him give full community free fuel?

Na Nigeria we dey, no dey reason like jew man.

-Lord

7 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
LordAdam:

Credible people kon, incredible hulk ni. Why them no file am since?

They are filing it now because they know the APC government is looking to score cheap points against PDP and would be ready to drag Tompolo to the mud.

Watch, even if them give them all the N13b, nothing them go use am do. Them go still beg government for road, water, electricity, schools, jobs; and their children will still work around with just pants and stay in latrines called houses.

Once chiefs don take their share, youth leader don take him share, boys don drink tombo, na to dey clamor for more free money from Ministry of Niger Delta, or NDDC, or DESOPADEC.

-Lord

Is this about PDP, APC or about the right thing being done.
I ask again ,what if this group are credible.

3 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by LordAdam: 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Is this about PDP, APC or about the right thing being done.
I ask again ,what if this group are credible.

Everything is about the motive.

In any case, I cannot find where I said Tompolo should not go for the probe.

I'm only saying if the probe finds that the N13b is fraudulent, the community should also forfeit its 300 million. All the money should be returned. Make me see if them no go change mouth.

-Lord

6 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by ogmaskman: 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
MendeZ:
Ignorance is really a disease

To Make it clear to those who don't know what transpired:

The Money in question was paid for the acquisition of the temporary site and structures on it which was built personally by Tompolo. And also for the virgin land of the permanent site which is different from the temporary site. The temporary site contains multi billion naira structures that are fully equipped to the fullest.

Michael Jonny is not speaking for the community, he is an APC chieftain trying to get favour from the present administration.

Why should 12B be spent on a temporary site when there is a permanent site. The money and effort should have been channelled to the permanent site directly.

4 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by omenka(m): 1:00pm On Jan 13, 2016
LordAdam:

Guy, na because of say Tompolo no share the money give them as them want.

Do you think Ayiri's people will support Ayiri's arrest even if anyone proves that he got his money fraudulently? After him give full community free fuel?

Na Nigeria we dey, no dey reason like jew man.

-Lord
Wow. So Olisa Metuh "shared money to his people as they want".

How could I have thought Metuh wasn't so generous??

Thanks for the info bro.

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:13pm On Jan 13, 2016
LordAdam:

Everything is about the motive.

In any case, I cannot find where I said Tompolo should not go for the probe.

I'm only saying if the probe finds that the N13b is fraudulent, the community should also forfeit its 300 million. All the money should be returned. Make me see if them no go change mouth.

-Lord
Before making comments about the community, u should have stated he should go for the probe.
Peace
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by babyfaceafrica: 1:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
SS people are reasonable,it is the pained ipod miscreants from the SE that are crying more than the bereaved

7 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by shaqhead: 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
B69U:
Another trash from APC, let them go to the creeks and fight Government if them get authority.

Buhari think he can suddenly restart paying Amnesty to militant and take opportunity to arrest the Government of Militant.

hahahahahahahaha!
Son, boasts like urs never cease to amuse me...wen he is arrested now...you wll say..let anythin happen to him and Nigeria wilk burn...y dd he go to court if he was all push and shove....keep makin mouth...shey uve read MEND support of this govt...shey u kno govt pays ex militants directly, so no exmilitant is sired to some ex militant leader.

4 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by advocates: 2:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
The difference between other tribes and Biafrans is the ability to see evil and call it by its name. The biafrans through their actions of defending perceived politicians from igbo extraction has given credence to their criminality tendency they are known for. However, we enjoined the govt to make it a matter of law and principle to put behind bar anyone who allowed himself be used as a willful tool in the hands of politicians to carry out protest against the interest of the country

11 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
advocates:
The difference between other tribes and Biafrans is the ability to see evil and call it by its name. The biafrans through their actions of defending perceived politicians from igbo extraction has given credence to their criminality tendency they are known for. However, we enjoined the govt to make it a matter of law and principle to put behind bar anyone who allowed himself be used as a willful tool in the hands of politicians to carry out protest against the interest of the country

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
LordAdam:

-Lord
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by LordAdam: 2:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
omenka:
Wow. So Olisa Metuh "shared money to his people as they want".

How could I have thought Metuh wasn't so generous??

Thanks for the info bro.

My point is that no one in Nigeria especially groups do not support the "right" thing unless they have something to gain.

Why are the PDP members in the House of Representatives calling for Metuh's release if not because his staying in custody endangers the political careers of many of them.

I still maintain that if Tompolo had given the community like N6b of that N13b, we would be hearing of protests and placards not the community calling for him to answer for the money.

That I believe you should have known citing your experience in the nature of Nigeria's politics. The war on corruption is a lone war against mighty odds, PMB should maintain a firm resolve to pursue this war. If he is waiting on support, he would get very little, and most likely from those who want to be shielded from the war.

Let's call a spade a spade in Nigeria. Enough of the nit-picking.

-Lord

6 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Kaybee14(m): 2:52pm On Jan 13, 2016
Ok, here we go.

CHECK/CLICK ON MY SIGNATURE BELOW TO VIEW THE LATEST QUALITY STONE COATED ROOFING TILES PROJECTS.
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
grin
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by ademega(m): 2:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
this is great
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by tolexy007(m): 2:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
grin
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by free2ryhme: 2:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
Tompolo you must be proved on such looting and corruption. Even your community cannot enjoy any good thing from the stolen money. you are not above the Law and the principle of aquality before the Law should be applied to you, after investigation you will pay the money and go to jail please.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Wike Asked Permanent Secretaries To Bow Before Tinubu / Court Restrains AIT, NTA From Airing‘damaging Video’ On Osinbajo / Toyin Saraki Joins Rotary International - Arch Klumph Society - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.