Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,728 members, 7,879,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 01:27 PM

Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard (23098 Views)

Reps Gather 113 Signatures For Dogara, Jibrin Probe By EFCC / GFATM Suspends Activities In Nigeria, Demands Probe By Buhari. / Photo: Senator Ben Bruce Plead With Nigerians To Support His Alternative Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by LordAdam: 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2016
Masculity:

boss abeg help us rewrite our constitution because you really know our problem.

Oga, you sef know say to rewrite our constitution no go solve the problem. Not sure I know exactly what the nation's problem is but being from the SS, I know say our case special wela. Northerners own dey baffle me, them for ground no fit grumble against the impunity of the ruling class. Igbos no like each other. Yoruba own is complex.

In my own opinion, na federalism sure pass. Each region have their own peculiarities, what we want is competition so that each region can develop by pooling local resources with little friction; not dragging resources. The North has agriculture and minerals, the West has finance and industrialization, the South South has oil, the east has coal, other minerals and business acumen.

Rather than trying to usurp other regions, let us do our little to get things done in our own regions, one step at a time. So that the ND would not complain that their oil is feeding the nation, not remembering that the oil is free, dem no work for am. The North can stop saying we are ungrateful considering they feed most of the nation, the east cannot say they bring all the business and are marginalized and the west cannot say they keep the finance engine of the nation going and are not been noted well for their efforts.

USA is not just Washington DC and New York. There are much more in every region of the country, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Las Vegas, Seattle, Atlanta, Houston, Philadelphia, San Diego, Dallas, San Francisco, Austin, Oklahoma, Tucson, Kansas, New Orleans, Pittsburg.

Same thing in Canada. Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Quebec city, Saskatoon, Surrey.

In Europe, UK: London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Leeds, Oxford, Cambridge, Cardiff, Nottingham.

Germany: Berlin, Frankfurt, Cologne, Munich, Stuttgart, Hamburg, Bremen, Nuremberg, Dusseldorf, Dortmund.

In contrast, in Nigeria, it's as though we have just four, Lagos, Abuja, PH, Enugu, Kano. Of those four Abuja is a fake city built on bloated real estate prices and a pricey lifestyle. PH is reliant on the oil companies. Lagos, Enugu and Kano seems to be the cities that will withstand more shock of the five as is evident with the current recession. Even in these forefront cities, na only small part like city center make sense, every other part na wash.

But we can have a lot more in each region that are well developed, that will serve as beacon of civilization for nearby towns and communities. In the North, Kaduna, Sokoto, Katsina, Minna, Makurdi, Zaria...
In the West, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Ikeja, Ife, Akure, Osogbo...
In the East, Onitsha, Aba, Nnewi, Abakaliki, Owerri, Nsuka...
In the ND, Calabar, Uyo, Ikot Ekpene, Warri, Benin, Yenagoa, Asaba...
In the middle belt, Lokoja, Jos, Illorin, Okene... and more

But because we are trying so hard to drag resources and marginalize each other, most of these cities are shadows of what they really should be. Every body should not troop to Lagos to make it. The FG can only do so much. The development we seek, in my opinion, rests in what the regions can do for themselves.

Solely my opinion.

-Lord

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by ibisko04: 4:28pm On Jan 13, 2016
MendeZ:
Ignorance is really a disease

To Make it clear to those who don't know what transpired:

The Money in question was paid for the acquisition of the temporary site and structures on it which was built personally by Tompolo. And also for the virgin land of the permanent site which is different from the temporary site. The temporary site contains multi billion naira structures that are fully equipped to the fullest.

Michael Jonny is not speaking for the community, he is an APC chieftain trying to get favour from the present administration.

Stop telling us rubbish. What types of structures are on the land that is worthy of 12billions naira?
This is a typical example of fraudulent transactions.
Efcc must investigates the whole deal and prosecutes the fraudsters involved.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by kraftykc(m): 5:19pm On Jan 13, 2016
omenka:
Even though it is old news, can we see the maturity in other people.

While some are doing this, others are protesting for the protection of a criminal because "he is our brother".

Smh.

Abeg point out these other people, no vex just do am make the tin no look like propaganda.
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Ganjafama(m): 5:44pm On Jan 13, 2016
LordAdam:

Guy, una two come from the same community? Ayiri na Lord for him community. You know how d tin b 4 Oghara, no body born u well mk u yarn rubbish with Ibori name for inside Oghara. Say una two na Itsekiri no be d tin, e get Urhobos n Itsekes wen no lyk Ibori.

The relevance of my statement is that the community will not be calling for his head if he had shared the money well.

Me I no send, when dem dey pay Tompolo N1b per month, he no fit even use small money start legit business wen go employ plenty people, na to go buy war ship. Mk e paddle e canoe, mk me paddle my canoe abeg...

-Lord
Ayiri is from Ubeji town. If you go to Ubeji today, 90% of the youths are jobless. All they do is laze around looking for free money and free beer to drink. With all the money Ayiri is throwing around in Lagos he would have been able to change the lives of his people back home.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Ephemmm: 6:13pm On Jan 13, 2016
GreatSE:

'Saint Yoruba tribe', pls Tell me where Yorubas has come out to say Tinubu,OBJ AND fASHOLA are Criminals,
Prove it and i will call on all Igbos to support the incarceration of Olisa Metuh even as a competent court has not found him guilty.
You ppl are even defending Rotimi amaechi who is not from you tribe just because he shared the money to your elder statemen.

Who was the highest critics of OBJ/PDP during the days of ACN if not Tinubu? OBJ even dragged Tinubu to the ICPC: he even ceased the allocations of Lagos for some months all because of Tinubu.

Go and check record, OBJ's 3rd term agenda failed because of the influence of Yorubas who were mostly ACN's in the house during OBJ days. You need tutorial.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by advocates: 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2016
GreatSE:

'Saint Yoruba tribe', pls Tell me where Yorubas has come out to say Tinubu,OBJ AND fASHOLA are Criminals,
Prove it and i will call on all Igbos to support the incarceration of Olisa Metuh even as a competent court has not found him guilty.
You ppl are even defending Rotimi amaechi who is not from you tribe just because he shared the money to your elder statemen.
I pity you. Anyone who speak against the Igbo becomes a Yoruba. I don't live or have ties with the Yoruba. Nigeria first in my mind before any tribe.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by banio: 8:17pm On Jan 13, 2016
Okorenkoko I hail o. So you guys are after the money like EFCC. The money should be given to the community for development. Which money, the one that FG says it's their money
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by UrbanMystique: 11:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
LordAdam:

What I meant is that, the community people (if the story is true) probably are the people who filed the petition against Tompolo.

As you can see, their problem is not that N13b was used to buy land (an outrageous amount by any standard), but that Tompolo received the money and only gave them circa N300m.

So, if Tompolo had shared the money like they wanted, maybe 60% for the community, and 40% for him, they would not be supporting this probe. They probably would have been protesting the court's decision to arrest Tompolo like the people of Oghara when Ibori was arrested and sentenced.

And as I said, that is the problem with ND. The communities are like the NGF, with the motto: "Share the money". If you don't you are corrupt and have to answer, if you do, you are a true son of the soil and should be left alone.

Little wonder why development is scarce in ND. Look at Warri, a supposed oil city. Community people don pursue all the companies finish, no meaningful development even though the state receives the second highest allocation in Nigeria, generates one of the top 5 highest IGR in the country and has one of the largest debt profile of all states, because of share the money mentality. All those money wasted because of the myopic mentality.

Sources tell me the current governor, Okowa has up to 200 special advisers and assistants all receiving bogus salaries and emoluments, aside the commissioners and their aides, agencies and other institutions. The same thing in Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, even Rivers, and some idiots will say the underdevelopment is GEJ fault because he did not do anything in the region. Wetin he for do, build house for everybody for each community...

#rantends

-Lord
you might be right to some extent.. Jonah is a good example.
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by LordAdam: 11:18pm On Jan 13, 2016
UrbanMystique:
you might be right to some extent.. Jonah is a good example.

smiley You one tempt me ba?

Anyhow, well done.

-Lord
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Masculity(m): 11:32pm On Jan 13, 2016
LordAdam:

Oga, you sef know say to rewrite our constitution no go solve the problem. Not sure I know exactly what the nation's problem is but being from the SS, I know say our case special wela. Northerners own dey baffle me, them for ground no fit grumble against the impunity of the ruling class. Igbos no like each other. Yoruba own is complex.

In my own opinion, na federalism sure pass. Each region have their own peculiarities, what we want is competition so that each region can develop by pooling local resources with little friction; not dragging resources. The North has agriculture and minerals, the West has finance and industrialization, the South South has oil, the east has coal, other minerals and business acumen.

Rather than trying to usurp other regions, let us do our little to get things done in our own regions, one step at a time. So that the ND would not complain that their oil is feeding the nation, not remembering that the oil is free, dem no work for am. The North can stop saying we are ungrateful considering they feed most of the nation, the east cannot say they bring all the business and are marginalized and the west cannot say they keep the finance engine of the nation going and are not been noted well for their efforts.

USA is not just Washington DC and New York. There are much more in every region of the country, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Las Vegas, Seattle, Atlanta, Houston, Philadelphia, San Diego, Dallas, San Francisco, Austin, Oklahoma, Tucson, Kansas, New Orleans, Pittsburg.

Same thing in Canada. Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Quebec city, Saskatoon, Surrey.

In Europe, UK: London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Leeds, Oxford, Cambridge, Cardiff, Nottingham.

Germany: Berlin, Frankfurt, Cologne, Munich, Stuttgart, Hamburg, Bremen, Nuremberg, Dusseldorf, Dortmund.

In contrast, in Nigeria, it's as though we have just four, Lagos, Abuja, PH, Enugu, Kano. Of those four Abuja is a fake city built on bloated real estate prices and a pricey lifestyle. PH is reliant on the oil companies. Lagos, Enugu and Kano seems to be the cities that will withstand more shock of the five as is evident with the current recession. Even in these forefront cities, na only small part like city center make sense, every other part na wash.

But we can have a lot more in each region that are well developed, that will serve as beacon of civilization for nearby towns and communities. In the North, Kaduna, Sokoto, Katsina, Minna, Makurdi, Zaria...

But because we are trying so hard to drag resources and marginalize each other, most of these cities are shadows of what they really should be. Every body should not troop to Lagos to make it. The FG can only do so much. The development we seek, in my opinion, rests in what the regions can do for themselves.

Solely my opinion.

-Lord

Thanks, Boss. You are the kind of people we need in Nairaland. Pls modify this qoute to thread.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Brooklynsouth(f): 11:42pm On Jan 13, 2016
omenka:
Even though it is old news, can we see the maturity in other people.

While some are doing this, others are protesting for the protection of a criminal because "he is our brother".

Smh.
fashola and tinubu sef
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by odk1: 12:04am On Jan 14, 2016
LordAdam:

Solely my opinion.

-Lord

for once someone impressed me on nairaland. wanted to add flesh but my eyes are falling now. thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Brooklynsouth(f): 12:11am On Jan 14, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
If na my fflat headed brothers now, they wud think otherwise!
and wht will my scratch face brownieSs say
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by coolitempa(f): 12:17am On Jan 14, 2016
Brooklynsouth:
and wht will my scratch face brownieSs say

Here comes the frustrated foul mouthed and flatheaded nitwit... grin
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by LordAdam: 12:22am On Jan 14, 2016
Masculity:

Thanks, Boss. You are the kind of people we need in Nairaland. Pls modify this qoute to thread.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. But na extension of confab report I jor share. A lot of people agree we need federalism to achieve our full potential as a nation, but right now, most people are not thinking as much as they are reacting.

I will note your request.

Thanks for your time and have a pleasant night rest.

-Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by LordAdam: 12:23am On Jan 14, 2016
odk1:

for once someone impressed me on nairaland. wanted to add flesh but my eyes are falling now. thanks bro.

You are welcome mate. Glad I made sense.

Do have a pleasant night rest.

-Lord
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by gemale(m): 12:42am On Jan 14, 2016
Omo c babanla Ole. Na only am pocket a whole 12 bn leave change 4 d community wey get d land. Abeg make dem EFCC hook am 4 neck until im vomit all our money wey im carry go buy warship. Barawo oshi!!!
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Gee15: 5:29am On Jan 14, 2016
MendeZ:
Ignorance is really a disease

To Make it clear to those who don't know what transpired:

The Money in question was paid for the acquisition of the temporary site and structures on it which was built personally by Tompolo. And also for the virgin land of the permanent site which is different from the temporary site. The temporary site contains multi billion naira structures that are fully equipped to the fullest.

Michael Jonny is not speaking for the community, he is an APC chieftain trying to get favour from the present administration.

You need to be invited to tell more of the transaction stuff cos you were there with them and you even supervised the building ,pls don't just sit and start typing always make reasonable comments.
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Chrisx1x(m): 9:34am On Jan 14, 2016
LordAdam:

What I meant is that, the community people (if the story is true) probably are the people who filed the petition against Tompolo.

As you can see, their problem is not that N13b was used to buy land (an outrageous amount by any standard), but that Tompolo received the money and only gave them circa N300m.

So, if Tompolo had shared the money like they wanted, maybe 60% for the community, and 40% for him, they would not be supporting this probe. They probably would have been protesting the court's decision to arrest Tompolo like the people of Oghara when Ibori was arrested and sentenced.

And as I said, that is the problem with ND. The communities are like the NGF, with the motto: "Share the money". If you don't you are corrupt and have to answer, if you do, you are a true son of the soil and should be left alone.

Little wonder why development is scarce in ND. Look at Warri, a supposed oil city. Community people don pursue all the companies finish, no meaningful development even though the state receives the second highest allocation in Nigeria, generates one of the top 5 highest IGR in the country and has one of the largest debt profile of all states, because of share the money mentality. All those money wasted because of the myopic mentality.

Sources tell me the current governor, Okowa has up to 200 special advisers and assistants all receiving bogus salaries and emoluments, aside the commissioners and their aides, agencies and other institutions. The same thing in Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, even Rivers, and some idiots will say the underdevelopment is GEJ fault because he did not do anything in the region. Wetin he for do, build house for everybody for each community...

#rantends

-Lord
your report on delta state is 100%.Okowa is worse than the previous Governor.Can u imagin that local government workers recieved 60% of half of their december salary??

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by hadaydhollarpo(m): 11:05am On Jan 14, 2016
Ps2 for sale. Working perfectly. Location: Osun Contact: 07038896020 (Whatsapp/Call)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Toyin Saraki Joins Rotary International - Arch Klumph Society - Photos / Singing Of National Anthem In Yoruba, Here Is The Yoruba Version. / Senate Raises 10-man Panel To Meet Buhari (names)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.