Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,205 members, 7,939,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:05 PM

What Is Christian Courtship(a Must Read!) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Christian Courtship(a Must Read!) (825 Views)

Why Is Christian Dating So Difficult? / What Is The Standard Of A Christian courtship / Re: What Is Christian Courtship(a Must Read!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Christian Courtship(a Must Read!) by aboveonly(m): 1:52pm On Jun 20, 2009
Christian Courtship is a period before wedding/marriage where a Christian brother and sister agree about so many issues and see if they both share the same vision, hope and aspiration about marriage. “Courtship is an adopted word to describe the Biblical model for the relationship between a man and a woman that leads to marriage.”

Agreement on what direction you want your marriage to go can only be attained on the platform of courtship.

1) After proposing to a lady and she has agreed to marry you, the next thing to do is to obey the Biblical injunction to prove all things (1Thes 5:21)

2) The courtship period is the time to prove your relationship. Yes your spirit agrees that you have made the right choice, but you still need to prove all things.

3) Courtship is a fact-finding period. Marriage without courtship naturally ends in crisis because there was no opportunity to get to know each other and prove whether the choice made was wise or not.

4) Impatience is responsible for many marriage failures in the western world today.

5) Courtship can be broken. This should not be mistaken for divorce. If your ideas and ideals are not similar, common-sense demands that you call it quit.

(Author’s note; don’t make it a habit of breaking your courtship at the slightest excuse…).

6) Courtship is a covenant culture for a successful marriage. One month is not sufficient. Two months is risky. Man is a complex being.

7) The proving process is the personal responsibility of the individuals involved because they are the ones to live together. Do not allow your parents or family to prove your spouse for you.

http://choiceofmarriagepartner..com
Re: What Is Christian Courtship(a Must Read!) by danielsmba: 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2009
hello,
              i kindly need Isaac Idahosa's contact. it is urgent that i meet with him.
can anyone help me out?
thank you sad[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#000099][/color]

(1) (Reply)

If Your Spouse Informs You That S/he Was Comfirm Hiv/aids Positive. How Will You React? / Can A Guy That Smokes And Drink Find A Good Girl Ever? / My Lover And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.