Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,684 members, 7,908,780 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 12:00 PM

Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? (14633 Views)

Poll: Can you?

Yes: 40% (41 votes)
No: 59% (61 votes)
This poll has ended

Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000 / Who Wants To Be A Housewife? / Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by omooloye1(f): 1:32pm On Jun 23, 2009
[
truly-opal:

@ poster

Why are women so hard on themselves, either we like it or not the mental and psychological network of a woman is diffrent from that of a man. If you aint willing to take care of you family , why start one in the first place. All the ladies making noise abt balancin work and family definately aint reffering to nigerian setup, ypu leave for work at 6:00 and get back by 9:00, u be witch 2 be able to assist ur kids with home work, cook a lovely meal for ur man and have extra strenght to give him some TLC,
My kids (when i eventually hav them) are my No. 1 investment. no amount of money carreer i have will ever be compared in importance to them. O.K agreed , the husband may die, well, i have seen many carreer women that toiled for years and saved money together with hubby and buy joint properties with him, only for hubby 2 die and his relatives claiming everything. Ehen , the husband can desert you , we are all living in a world of uncertainity, thousands of people are dissmissed from there jobs, owing to 1 reform or the other, or simply becos the new boss wants 2 provide space for his towns ppl in the office.
My suggesstion is;
1) if my husbands salary is very unimpressive, i will definately contribute. By getting a job that allows me to appreciate my family. such as teaching or weekend jobs.
2) if my husband earns reasonably well, i will stay at home and be a STAY AT HOME MOM, take 100% care of my kids, wats d point of d cash their daddy is making if they see the faces of strangers mare than their parents.NAHHHH. though a stay at home mom needs side attractions to keep her brain active, my hubby will give me some cash to invest in WISELY. makin me my own boss at my own pace.
3) If i feel i must work to justify my certificates, i will shelve kids and possibly marriage until i reach a gud carreer position and have earned mega bucks.Then i will smartly invest my money, retire, get married and have kids ( all is possible with technology) and enjoy my money, hubby and kids.
THIS LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT TO BE ENDURED

You are lying through your teeth.I know your type. grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by zaliya(f): 2:25pm On Jun 23, 2009
this is ridiculous

Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by kok(m): 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2009
From all the comments so far, I am yet to see anyone define what it actually means to be a WIFE, before adding the House to it. I believe when a woman understands what it means to be a wife and knows her responsibility as wife, then she would be able to have a good stand with the husband when it comes to deciding on other activities.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by itumama: 2:53pm On Jun 23, 2009
My Aims are Higher than being a house wife.How will i be burden or a liability to my husband all of a suden, dat i wil ask from him even though i want i want to buy maggi @ home.its just being constituting nuisance.When my mate are outside there helping their husbands financing ntin finaceable.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by zaliya(f): 3:00pm On Jun 23, 2009
Please irrespective of the fact that one works or better still a career woman doesn't make one less a WIFE. The bone of contention here is are you a career-wife or a House- wife.

I can't imagine a lady as a medical doctor sitting at home and practicing medicine only on her KIDS and husband!!!!! she needs to get up and go add value to her nation.

See the likes of MADAM CECELIA IBRU. If she decided to sit at home all in the name of 'housewifing', there wouldn't have been any OCEANIC BANK today.  Let's add value to ourselves and to the society as women.

Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Redfox(m): 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2009
It is easier said than done,most ladies will just blab in this forum and at the end of the day turn up housewives especially those ones that are desperate to tie the nuptial knot with uncountable reasons, age factor been the foremost.

you never know till they get married.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Fhemmmy: 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2009
Redfox:

It is easier said than done,most ladies will just blab in this forum and at the end of the day turn up housewives especially those ones that are desperate to tie the nuptial knot with uncountable reasons, age factor been the foremost.

you never know till they get married.

Well said.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 23, 2009
zaliya:

Please irrespective of the fact that one works or better still a career woman doesn't make one less a WIFE. The bone of contention here is are you a career-wife or a House- wife.

I can't imagine a lady as a medical doctor sitting at home and practicing medicine only on her KIDS and husband!!!!! she needs to get up and go add value to her nation.
See the likes of MADAM CECELIA IBRU. If she decided to sit at home all in the name of 'housewifing', there wouldn't have been any OCEANIC BANK today. Let's add value to ourselves and to the society as women.
God bless you!!! smiley smiley
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by na2day2(m): 5:55pm On Jun 23, 2009
sure they can as long as the hubby got enough coming in to take care of the family
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by kok(m): 5:57pm On Jun 23, 2009
To all the ladies talking careers, I hope you can bear it when we (men) allow you to your career
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Fhemmmy: 6:01pm On Jun 23, 2009
There is nothing wrong in a woman choosing a career over being a house wife.
There is nothing wrong either in a woman choosing to be a housewife over being a career woman.
It is thing of individual.
However, i wish we can revisit this topic in another 10 to 15 years when most of the ladies choosing career are married.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by kok(m): 6:13pm On Jun 23, 2009
Yes
Fhemmmy:

There is nothing wrong in a woman choosing a career over being a house wife.
There is nothing wrong either in a woman choosing to be a housewife over being a career woman.
but it has to be properly aligned and well understood. Most ladies ignore one for the other and end up creating crisis in the home.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Fhemmmy: 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2009
kok:

Yes but it has to be properly aligned and well understood. Most ladies ignore one for the other and end up creating crisis in the home.

Yes, you are very right.
Most mistakes is when in the house, the woman wanna be the head and the man wanna show his machoness as the head, and anything that has two head, is a monster.
i so much blv in respect and live and let other lives.
no man needs to remind the woman that he is the man, if he do the right thing at the right time, the woman will give him the respect he deserves, likewise the woman.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by kok(m): 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2009
Its a thing of maturity. The woman knowing her responsibility as a wife and mother and making sure she handles it right would keep the home alive, and every other thing would be a minor issue!
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Hauwa1: 7:07pm On Jun 23, 2009
if my man is making real good money, no need dealing with weird boss and work stress  undecided

never say never so i don't know what's going to happen until then. my man and kids will always be first. thank God am in a good place, if he messes up, i'd definitely make him shit sweat.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Fhemmmy: 7:08pm On Jun 23, 2009
*Hauwa*:

if my man is making real good money, no need dealing with weird boss and work stress  undecided

never say never so i don't know what's going to happen until then. my man and kids will always be first. thank God am in a good place, if he messes up, i'd definitely make him shit sweat.

what will you $hit, if you mess up?
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Hauwa1: 7:09pm On Jun 23, 2009
he is going to be doing the shitting wink
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Fhemmmy: 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2009
*Hauwa*:

he is going to be doing the shitting wink

So regardless who mess up, he will be doing the $hitting?
i like ur style jare, till you marry, we will know who will do the $hitting.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Moyola(f): 7:13pm On Jun 23, 2009
Housewife wiv full pay? then yeh tongue
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Fhemmmy: 7:14pm On Jun 23, 2009
Moyola:

Housewife wiv full pay? then yeh tongue

what is a typical full pay?
You will have access to the bank account, so what other form of payment do you want, when he will give u good time in bed, and make u see heaven.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Pataki: 7:15pm On Jun 23, 2009
*Hauwa*:

See the woman of my dreams! I always knew, I saw something in there! lol

As for the shitting, in your dreams! grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Hauwa1: 7:17pm On Jun 23, 2009
@ Pataki, in my dream? lol grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Pataki: 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2009
*Hauwa*:

@ Pataki, in my dream? lol grin
Yes my housewife. grin cheesy grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 23, 2009
//
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Fhemmmy: 8:36pm On Jun 23, 2009
well said
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 23, 2009
Ok lets imagine a little girl that has always aspired to become a doctor.  She left high school with good grades but couldnt get into uni because of JAMB scores. she tried all her best, but she couldnt get medicine, but she got other courses. But she really wanted medicine until after 4years of leaving high school. She got to study medicine abroad with her parents and sibbling struggling to pay 2million naira every year for tution aside other expenses which can be arround 2.5 million for 6years.
Ok she finished got a job and was getting good wages until a guy came to sweep her off her feet into the house to become a housewife with the certificate where She could have saved her parents, her sibblings and herself all those troubles
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by Fhemmmy: 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2009
ifedy:

Ok lets imagine a little girl that has always aspired to become a doctor.  She left high school with good grades but couldnt get into uni because of JAMB scores. she tried all her best, but she couldnt get medicine, but she got other courses. But she really wanted medicine until after 4years of leaving high school. She got to study medicine abroad with her parents and sibbling struggling to pay 2million naira every year for tution aside other expenses which can be arround 2.5 million for 6years.
Ok she finished got a job and was getting good wages until a guy came to sweep her off her feet into the house to become a housewife with the certificate where She could have saved her parents, her sibblings and herself all those troubles

we need to stop rationalizing it to be all about money.
Do you blv that a woman that is married and wanna go tos chool could be trained by the husband just to make her happy and when she is done, she might not have to practice.
besides, a woman that is a medical doctor that has her own hospital but doesnt have to rush there every morning, what will you call her? career woman or house wife.
i think the word housewife is being used losely, like someone said earlier, we need to define who is a housewife, cos doesnt mean staying home doing nothing, could be a housewife trading stocks and making more money than the husband.
i think the housewife we have been talking about since sounds more like a 'bum' to me.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by platinumnk(f): 9:10pm On Jun 23, 2009
chaircover:

The irony of the situation is that is most cases when the couple are newly married, money is tight and the woman finds herself working to support the family whilst the kids are young. As the years go by, the couple move up the career ladder and begin to make more money, by which time the children are much older and dont need mummy to wipe their noses anymore.

exactly, it teaches ur kids to be independent. This is the way my growing up went.

Women are born only to be child-bearers/ bedwarmers Hell- No
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by kok(m): 10:19pm On Jun 23, 2009
you girls seem to be narrating your ordeal here, haven spent much money and time studying in school and a guy coming in to take you in as his wife shouldnt be a drawback or wedge. The point is, you have to make it clear to yourself either to be a responsible "wife" or a "career focus lady living with a man". Being a wife doesnt actually mean staying at home 24/7, but performing your duty as wife and as a mother irrespective of your career.
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by fineapple: 12:23am On Jun 24, 2009
One of the most important jobs in the world is to raise a child to become a responsible grown-up. Dear ladies there is nothing boring about being a housewife. If you made kids please be available to BE with them, wipe their nose, sing to them, read to them, kiss their boo-boos, make meals for them introduce them to the world etc etc. And if you are married to a husband BE there for them when they are back from work, etc. I certainly do not mind being a housewife. Because in turn my husband takes care of me. (Men love being superheros ). Being a lady doesn't make sub-anything to your husbands, you are partners with different duties for a happy family. Your degrees/brain don't ever go to waste and you can always get into the workforce when kids are grown and out of the house. This my little opinion. Thanks
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by kok(m): 1:30am On Jun 24, 2009
fine-apple:

One of the most important jobs in the world is to raise a child to become a responsible grown-up. Dear ladies there is nothing boring about being a housewife. If you made kids please be available to BE with them, wipe their nose, sing to them, read to them, kiss their boo-boos, make meals for them introduce them to the world etc etc. And if you are married to a husband BE there for them when they are back from work, etc.

Career ladies, does these makes u a housewife
Re: Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? by SeanT21(f): 6:42am On Jun 24, 2009
fine-apple:

One of the most important jobs in the world is to raise a child to become a responsible grown-up. Dear ladies there is nothing boring about being a housewife. If you made kids please be available to BE with them, wipe their nose, sing to them, read to them, kiss their boo-boos, make meals for them introduce them to the world etc etc. And if you are married to a husband BE there for them when they are back from work, etc. I certainly do not mind being a housewife. Because in turn my husband takes care of me. (Men love being superheros ). Being a lady doesn't make sub-anything to your husbands, you are partners with different duties for a happy family. Your degrees/brain don't ever go to waste and you can always get into the workforce when kids are grown and out of the house. This my little opinion. Thanks

A lady with a career can also do that. Stop making lame excuses!! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Take Care Of Your Babies the right way. / How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria / How Often Do Your Wear Your Wedding Ring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.