Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,266 members, 7,887,773 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:40 PM

Popular Nigerian Author Accused Of Sexually Harassing Female Writers, Apologizes - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Popular Nigerian Author Accused Of Sexually Harassing Female Writers, Apologizes (1203 Views)

Instablog9ja Apologizes To Khloe Over HIV Caption! / Don Jazzy Fires His Bodyguard, Chidi For Harassing A Lady / Wizkid Apologizes For Missing Banky W's White Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Nigerian Author Accused Of Sexually Harassing Female Writers, Apologizes by JumiR: 9:25am On Jan 19, 2016
By JUMI RHODES

Nigerian journalist-turned-author Chijioke Amu-Nnadi has been accused of inappropriate behaviour by some upcoming female creative writers. The allegation has since gone viral on Facebook. Amu-Nnadi has however apologized to the women who have been affected by his behaviour. In a Facebook post earlier, Amu-Nnadi said,” My dear friends and colleagues, I have read and heard a lot that has been said about how my manner of interaction with some younger female writers within our literary commune has been quite inappropriate.

“With sincerity I accept responsibility for the hurt a writer’s excesses have caused you all. I wish to humbly seek a lasting healing for all affected and all concerned because it was not my intention to hurt anyone. I truly regret this. I am deeply sorry and I apologize without reservation to all affected. DO FORGIVE. Thank you all for reading and for your understanding.” Amu Nnadi is the author of three collections of poems – ‘the fire within’, winner of the ANA Gabriel Okara Prize for Poetry, ‘pilgrim’s passage’, shortlisted for the 2005 Nigeria Prize for Literature, and ‘through the window of a sandcastle’, winner of the 2013 ANA Poetry Prize, runner-up to the 2013 Nigeria Prize for Literature and winner of the 2014 Glenna Luschei African Poetry Book Prize.

http://dawntodusknews.com/nigerian-author-chijioke-amu-nnadi-accused-of-inappropriate-behaviour-with-women-speaks/

Re: Popular Nigerian Author Accused Of Sexually Harassing Female Writers, Apologizes by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 19, 2016
I talk am!
An average youth would deny it all.
Shameful though!
Re: Popular Nigerian Author Accused Of Sexually Harassing Female Writers, Apologizes by AmakaDNB(f): 9:37am On Jan 19, 2016
shocked
Re: Popular Nigerian Author Accused Of Sexually Harassing Female Writers, Apologizes by Olypeppy(f): 11:48am On Jan 19, 2016
Bless you sir...and some people will always find it hard to apologize
Re: Popular Nigerian Author Accused Of Sexually Harassing Female Writers, Apologizes by netozii(m): 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2016
Sometimes, saying 'sorry' is simply an abuse of the power of forgiveness...
Re: Popular Nigerian Author Accused Of Sexually Harassing Female Writers, Apologizes by Favolly(f): 1:15am On Jan 20, 2016
OP, this gist is incomplete

"With sincerity I accept responsibility for the hurt
a writer's excesses have caused you all"
Does kissing ladies without their consent constitute a writer’s excesses?

People need to see the full story to realize that this 'apology' is unacceptable. I have attached screenshots of the testimonies of his victims

He worded his bullshit apology in a way that seems to present his victims as fussy or making a mountain out of a mole hill and that is what the ladies have been saying about him. Sir, you have failed this one. Go back to the drawing board and come up with a better apology

Re: Popular Nigerian Author Accused Of Sexually Harassing Female Writers, Apologizes by tpiar: 2:06am On Jan 20, 2016
aunty, why you nor sound am nah.

[img]http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/59142147.jpg[/img]
Re: Popular Nigerian Author Accused Of Sexually Harassing Female Writers, Apologizes by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:46am On Mar 16, 2016
Olypeppy:
Bless you sir...and some people will always find it hard to apologize

Hi babe, happy birthday to you and myself, we are both birthday mates.... wishing you the best today, more years of long life, joy, happiness and more, be merry, have fun and if you are in lag feel free to holla, hanging out with my birthday mates would be so much fun....

https://www.nairaland.com/2991693/3rdlegxxx-year-older-16.03.2016-march#43818056
Re: Popular Nigerian Author Accused Of Sexually Harassing Female Writers, Apologizes by Olypeppy(f): 12:47pm On Mar 17, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Hi babe, happy birthday to you and myself, we are both birthday mates.... wishing you the best today, more years of long life, joy, happiness and more, be merry, have fun and if you are in lag feel free to holla, hanging out with my birthday mates would be so much fun....

https://www.nairaland.com/2991693/3rdlegxxx-year-older-16.03.2016-march#43818056
Happy birthday to u dear
Re: Popular Nigerian Author Accused Of Sexually Harassing Female Writers, Apologizes by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:27pm On Mar 17, 2016
Olypeppy:
Happy birthday to u dear

Hi birthday mate from uyo, hope u enjoyed ur day too.... cool i sure did enjoy mine
Re: Popular Nigerian Author Accused Of Sexually Harassing Female Writers, Apologizes by Olypeppy(f): 2:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Hi birthday mate from uyo, hope u enjoyed ur day too.... cool i sure did enjoy mine
That's my cake..I enjoyed mine too

Re: Popular Nigerian Author Accused Of Sexually Harassing Female Writers, Apologizes by 3rdlegxxx(m): 4:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
Olypeppy:
That's my cake..I enjoyed mine too

Whaaatttt shocked shocked that's your cake, where is my own share of the cake na? angry ok, i don't mean to be greedy since i had my share of fun... but seriously why are u in far away UYO self angry??

(1) (Reply)

(PHOTOS): Tragic! 25yr Old Girl Who Just Returned From UK Killed By Danfo Driver / Photo: Actress Princess Pemu Pose With Wads Of Ghanaian Money / Wizkid, Toke Makinwa, Darey And More Stars At Ben Bruce At 60 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.