Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,953 members, 7,873,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:18 AM

Am Confused? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am Confused? (992 Views)

Am Confused....what Do I Tell My Prospective Husband? / I Am Confused Because I Truly Love Her............... / Am Confused, My Girlfriend Confessed That She Slept With Our Boss! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Confused? by uglychy: 10:36pm On Jun 23, 2009
House please help me i seriously need your advice.

Am a young lady of 26yrs, i meet this guy after Church in 2007 when i was serving(i serve in Benin Please)
,the guy is niece,honest,Godfearing,caring,understanding,
but he is not educated and cannot speak good English.

He loves me with his life cos i have tried  everything possible to know if he will hate me but the more i tried,the more he loves me even to the extent of telling his parish priest about me.All his family knows and call me without me even meeting them.
He always go to chapel because of me,believing that am his own,

The problem is that he is ready to marry me anytime i said yes,but am not settled in my mind to marry him.(for 2 yrs + now he has been waiting for me).

Am not comfortable with him and not proud of him.I don't even love him but i like him as a person.
Although am good to him,and tried to relate as a friend to him,but am not comfortable with him at all.I have told him severally that am not interested but he kept on pleading that i should allow him into my life.

I don't want to marry out of pity,i want somebody i love.am confuse cos i don't want to hurt him.he is too good to be hurt.
Please advice me,on how to go about it so as not to hurt his feelings(cos am taking my time as regard to anything relationship now cos i don't want to be a victim again)

WHAT WILL I DO??
Re: Am Confused? by MissyB1(m): 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2009
Did You date him OR You've both being just friends for this 2yrs+?
Re: Am Confused? by uglychy: 11:08pm On Jun 23, 2009
we are just friends ,but he want more than that,
he is coming too close and i dont like it.i need a space,
Re: Am Confused? by justwise(m): 11:13pm On Jun 23, 2009
@uglychy

I feel u, i think u should calmly explain things to his family, tell them how u feel, even parish priest, cos it will may get worst. He may listen to them and give u some breathing space.
Keep ur cool as u have done so far, but stand ur ground since u don't love him, don't high his hopes by any means cos that will encourage him.

Good luck
Re: Am Confused? by MissyB1(m): 11:14pm On Jun 23, 2009
I think You should pass your message across to him politely and intently. . . .
Not in a  ''Go-away-I- want-You'' manner.
Re: Am Confused? by iice(f): 2:38am On Jun 24, 2009
Your english sef na die undecided

You are not confused, you know what you want. You just don't know how to go about it.
I agree with Justwise.
Re: Am Confused? by Nobody: 2:49am On Jun 24, 2009
I think you should be blunt without being hostile, because if you don't make it clear to him now, he will feel like you have been encouraging him all this time. IF YOU ARE SURE you cannot have a relationship with this man, the set him free, cause he doesn't want to be your friend, he wants to be your HUSBAND.
Re: Am Confused? by topup: 3:01am On Jun 24, 2009
I think this calls for frankness but gently.

Have you had a serious conversation in which you have told him that you are not interested in marrying him?? If not, you shouldn't be surprised that his hopes are still up. He probably has the idea that you'll eventually come around and will say yes, as you may be giving him the impression that you are confused about the whole thing.

It is now time for your actions to speak louder than your words, avoid being friendly with him, be polite, but don't go the extra mile - this is after you hopefully let him know how you feel about the situation.

He will probably be mad that you never told him this earlier, and that you continued to test him and play games with him, I mean wouldn't you be mad if you were interested in a guy and you thought all you had to do was prove that you were a trustworthy candidate and then after two years of being friendly and pursuing him, he turned around and said that he just wasn't interested?

Anyways, all the best. I know that there are two sides to every story, I hope for the best for you, hopefully everything will go smoothly.

God Bless.
Re: Am Confused? by vivaladiva(f): 6:08am On Jun 24, 2009
from all indications ur english aint fabulous either, so unfabulous that ive 4gotten all i wnted to say, all i cn remember is ur errrr english that leaves a bitter taste in my brain,, oyes i think u sld give the dude a chance, u never know the nxt man, might not only have poor english,he might be blind in one eye,suffer from serious mouth and body odour and worst of all he might not even be a christian, if i were u i wldnt let this oppurtunity pass u by, this might be as good as it gets, oh am so mean
Re: Am Confused? by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 24, 2009
Don't you think beautifulchy would have been a better username.Cuz yours reek of low self esteem.Not cool
Re: Am Confused? by biola44: 7:33am On Jun 24, 2009
tell him ur mind n stop wasting d poor guy's time!
Re: Am Confused? by izeek(m): 7:40am On Jun 24, 2009
@post,
if ur main reason u turning him down is cos he is uneducated, then that's some wrong choice u making.
education is supposed to make us prepared for the life ahead, its not so way to show off u got a degree.
if he is capable of meeting family responsibility, then i say he is okay.

one thing girls fail to realise is that, when u meet the educated one, u begin to rue the fact u gave up this fabulous opportunity  just for a degree
that treats u shabbily.

unless u dint love him, i suggest u give him a chance.
but then again how are u sure u don't love him?
and u sound like u have been stringing him along all this while for ur own selfish gains. my take though.
Re: Am Confused? by Oxlade(m): 6:29am On Jun 29, 2012
Just go about it wit modesty..dis guy iz desperate..folo ur heart..
Re: Am Confused? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2012
uglychy:
Am not comfortable with him and not proud of him.I don't even love him but i like him as a person.

@OP
The above statement should be the end of the discussion, and I really don't know where you problem is? You are confused where there should be NO CONFUSION. Tell this guy exactly how you feel and move away, instead of wasting HIS time and YOURS.

This is exactly why we men don't understand women, when most think the way you do.
Re: Am Confused? by switdick(m): 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2012
^^lol....op how are we sure you didn't lead this guy on by collecting things from him,I mean what do you expect after all you say he's uneducated undecided(like you'r any different from him)....I'm not concluding you did o!...lol...but he could also think that way even if he does love you as you claim,afterall he's UNEDUCATED!
Re: Am Confused? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 29, 2012
Йą wa for some guys sef! Ђδω i go chase one chic for 2years? I dey crase?

(1) (Reply)

Impotent Lover Dumps Fiancee For Having Baby Out Of Wedlock! / Should Anxiety Set In Wen A Lady Is Above 28yrs Without Suitors / Can U Live Ur Boy/girl Friend In D Same Room. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.