Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,405 members, 7,881,476 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:45 PM

If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? (15705 Views)

‘We Are Working To Produce Igbo President For Nigeria’- Ohaneze / Osinbajo To Act As President For 10 Days- Buhari / After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by anzaku47(m): 9:52pm On Jan 20, 2016
I will set Olisa Metuh and Dasuki free!!!!!
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by Nicepoker(m): 10:14pm On Jan 20, 2016
danieloy4:
Would make sure the House of Rep pass a bill that increases the monthly allowance of NYSC Corpers
meaningless
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by joshrare(m): 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2016
geesilver:
i would send all politician to jail.

Purposeless purposelessness
Visionless visionlessness

Hw will u achieve that in 24hrs?
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by lilygabriel08: 10:19pm On Jan 20, 2016
tear buhari slap for flying too much
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by geesilver(m): 10:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
joshrare:

Purposeless purposelessness Visionless visionlessness
Hw will u achieve that in 24hrs?
can't you see its a wish. Are you one of them, sorry its a bad business for u. My own go pass PMB

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by godox2(m): 10:49pm On Jan 20, 2016
uchennamani:
I will do everything President is doing now. I will tackle corruption the way he is doing it; I will redress the bad economic condition PDP put this country in; I will belong to no one but to everyone; draft the best budget the country has ever seen, just like the one the president sent to the National Assembly for consideration; I will appoint an Intellectual as my vice-president, just like the president did. In fact, I will repeat every action of the president since the time his government was sworn into power. What would be different is that I will be known as president Uche Nnamani. Period!

Uche I Love u, u're too much. Our country will be great again with RIGHT thinking MEN like YOU.
(Bala).

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by bebu: 10:51pm On Jan 20, 2016
i will devide nigeria

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by sadissbala(m): 11:07pm On Jan 20, 2016
Destined2win:
In leadership, and indeed everything in life, time matters. In fact, time is life!

Now, if you were saddled with the responsibility of leading a nation for 24 hours, what would you be priority standards?

What do you think you can achieve within that time frame considering how 'short' it is?

Let's see those who have smart ideas.

Lalasticlala
I will arrest and prob Jonathan past administration especially Dasuki arms money$5b abacha loot and petroleum corruption under diazani.
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by Observant: 11:25pm On Jan 20, 2016
I will call for a soverign national conference to determine our future as a country
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by otunbakolawole(m): 11:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
In Nigeria of today... First thing is to scrap NYSC and Civil defence.
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by kayti(m): 11:57pm On Jan 20, 2016
i would make the highestdenomination 200naira,and privatise road maintanace by giving them certain conditions

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by bidemi12(m): 12:28am On Jan 21, 2016
uchennamani:
I will do everything President is doing now. I will tackle corruption the way he is doing it; I will redress the bad economic condition PDP put this country in; I will belong to no one but to everyone; draft the best budget the country has ever seen, just like the one the president sent to the National Assembly for consideration; I will appoint an Intellectual as my vice-president, just like the president did. In fact, I will repeat every action of the president since the time his government was sworn into power. What would be different is that I will be known as president Uche Nnamani. Period!

In 24hrs?
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by oluwasegun007(m): 12:40am On Jan 21, 2016
I'll make sure $1 = # 1.....lol
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by Lamasta(m): 12:50am On Jan 21, 2016
I will make sure I sack, remove or delete Min of Info Liar Mohammed cos Nigerians don`t belive in any info he pass accross again and will replace him with Maupe Ogun of Channels tv, I will also sack Min of Finance Kemi Adeosun she is abig time illitrate in finance duty and will replace her with Chukwuma Soludo the Prof with extraordinary brain to redrawn the map and policy of Nigeria`s economy within 24 hours, I will also remove CBN Gov Emefiele the man is an economic retardeen I will replace him with My mother cos she`s a better economist even if she has no degree in economics she knows what to do to make Dollar less valuable to the naira, I will also remove Minister of transport Rotimi Amaechi cos he`s a thief that needs to be stoned according to his word and will replace him with overall president of the NURTW cos he knows much about transportation using road as yardstick and his deputy will be a technocrat in other transport sector to balance the equation, Finally I will drop a letter for Buhari WARNING him not to change what I did and also if He at anytime needs advice he should call on me I will tell him what to do..... With these changes achievement of mine within 24 hours Nigeria`s economy will revatilize quickly and the citizens will start feeling the original change they have been craving for........
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by bully2008: 2:33am On Jan 21, 2016
i will use the first 12hrs to pursue, arrest and jail the corrupt people and the rest 12hrs , uhmmm I will use that to do thanksgiving to God and guess what ......
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by Bre(f): 2:54am On Jan 21, 2016
Farnsworth:
I would instigate tribal war... If I ever became president by the time I step down, half the population of Nigeria will be gone because since coming on NL, I have seen the true nature of the other people in Nigeria from Igbo's, to Yoruba's to Hausa's... I now have nothing but deep hatred for most of the other tribes in Nigeria now.

I thought it was just me... Seun has helped to make many people harbour hatred toward their "fellow" Nigerian. I feel myself beginning to tow that path. Thanks Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by johnsonjosbles(m): 4:43am On Jan 21, 2016
Destined2win:
In leadership, and indeed everything in life, time matters. In fact, time is life!

Now, if you were saddled with the responsibility of leading a nation for 24 hours, what would you be priority standards?

What do you think you can achieve within that time frame considering how 'short' it is?

Let's see those who have smart ideas.

Lalasticlala
i will kill all the curupt politician, all of them i said
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by johnsonjosbles(m): 4:44am On Jan 21, 2016
Bre:

I thought it was just me... Seun has helped to make many people harbour hatred toward their "fellow" Nigerian. I feel myself beginning to tow that path. Thanks Nairaland!
two of u need delieverance
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by moshould(m): 8:35am On Jan 21, 2016
I will summon those corrupt politicians as much as I can, freeze their accounts, and bomb them all...that won't last more than 5hrs. I will transfer those monies to different fastfOod accounts accross d nation, so that people can eat and drink for free till when d money go finsh...I will arrest so many political thugs (agbero) as much as time will permit me..and I will make sure they throw them to lions, tigers, crocodile in d zoo..before I forget, I will also make sure I catch some corrupt police, throw dem inside acid..n Tim to go court..then I go pack juz small money, because I no go suffer again after dat day, I am a GCFR...salary and bonuses will start rolling in..
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by Laid2001: 8:51am On Jan 21, 2016
If I am aware I only have 24hrs.

I will be a tyrant for those hrs and it will be for the benefit of the whole country.

1. I will summon a mega meeting with a list of top one thousand corrupt officers, which will include all the popular criminal former governors, ministers, Top government functionaries and their allies. I know the list may inadvertently include some innocent ones but we all have to sacrifice for the betterment of this country.

2. I will then ask all the Senators and the House of assembly members to join us there at the conference Centre!. I will get Buratai to arrest all the former service chiefs that are still alive and bring them too. All former corrupt top military officers will join us as well.

3. I will then, Get a Battalion of brutal soldiers to surround the place and order the Air force commander to bomb the place, The Soldiers on ground will then finish off the remaining remnant that refuse to die after the bombing.

4. With that Nigeria will be free of the big thieves after my 24 hrs and we would have sent a clear message to all the small thieves!

5. I will then sign out the refineries to those bid winners during yar'adua time.

6. Remove oil subsidy, liberalize the downstream sector 100%, and allow my brothers and sister especially the Igbo, the free hand to import the commodity. DPR will only be responsible for Quality control and scales/measurement spec enforcement.

7. Sell off PPMC and NGC by discretion to a competent company.

8. Sell out the 55% NNPC shares in the IOC JVs to Nigerian indigenous oil company (eg Seplat, first E&P, Frontier, Afren etc). This will solve the cash call problem in the Oil and Gas operation in Nigeria. Government will then focus on policy and enforcement. Our income will be Royalty and tax, No expenditure on oil operation again.

9. On Electricity, I will assign a directive on No meter no payment!. All Distribution company can not collect money from you if you have no meter. And meters must be given free of charge to all customers. And all meters must be pre paid.

10. We will then start afresh the following day!.
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by Farnsworth: 9:12am On Jan 21, 2016
pulsa:
sorry which ethnic group are you from.

I use to be Nigerian, now I don't know...
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by badmus1346(m): 9:17am On Jan 21, 2016
I will make sure that I make both primary and socendary school to know what is they called Politics.....then I will cancel private institution
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by badmus1346(m): 9:19am On Jan 21, 2016
I will make sure that I make both primary and secondary school to know what they called Politics.....then I will cancel private institution
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by justmi1: 9:58am On Jan 21, 2016
dani3:
I will inrich myself grin
you need an extra 24hrs to improve your grammar also.....
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by justmi1: 10:03am On Jan 21, 2016
i will initiate and execute an op code name "Terminus".....which means to Neutralize (kill) surgically, all politicians with criminal and corrupt antecedence...........by that i would have solved 60% of Nigeria's issue.
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by dani3(m): 10:04am On Jan 21, 2016
justmi1:
you need an extra 24hrs to improve your grammar also.....
grammar? Hey am here to have fun, not to teach u grammar, and if u nid one then get yourself a lexicon tongue
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by lagosrd: 10:09am On Jan 21, 2016
uchennamani:

I love your writeup. But as for me ooooo
I will declare only cows as my properties
I will submit I have one house and a mud house
I will ensure 1$=#350
I will ensure I arrest people and start looking for evidence
I will ensure I control world oil prices.
I will also ensure I go to Germany and rename it west Germany for the betterment of its people.
I will ensure all my enemies die in prison custody.
I will also ensure Mitchell Obama pays for her ignorance.
I will also put all exservice officers under house arrest.
Least I forget I will ensure I submit a budget and correct it severally because God still fit do make 1#become 1#. Lol

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 21, 2016
Na to end corruption for the country and pass bill/fiscal policies to encourage agriculture and manufacturing.But with this too much bottle-neck bureaucracy,before the green and red chambers go sign all my bills of execution of corrupt leaders and public servants,the 24 hours don elapse.Except na I go be military junta head.But the koko is that military regime na old school now.
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by pulsa(m): 10:56am On Jan 21, 2016
Farnsworth:

seriously and whhhyyy!!!. embarassed
Farnsworth:

seriously and whhhyyy!!!.
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by Ndycharly: 10:58am On Jan 21, 2016
I will definitely accomplish more than what that dullard called our president did 100 days in office......he only jst travelling up and down, still claimed he met empty treasury...where is the money he used in travelling coming from...[b][/b]
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by alaskido(m): 11:19am On Jan 21, 2016
I will arrest all the past leaders dead or alive. If dead, exhume their corpse. I will start from Gowon and end in Buhari. I will set up a firing squad and shoot the shit out of all of them. After that I will conduct a fresh and transparent election.
Re: If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? by BenBlueblood(m): 12:02pm On Jan 21, 2016
I will make sure I turn AIR FORCE 1 into a mega star, will pay d price for him to win d next rated headies....then mk OGA SEUN the minister for social media affair, Then band LADY F from saying "it's lady f again".
Anyway I dey new here, mk ona tk care of me.
greetings from waffi
waitooooo....did I just forget to add d most important one, I GO WAKE UP FROM D DREAM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Blocks Move To Recognise Kogi As An Oil-producing State / We Have Evidence Ogunlewe Was Collecting Money From Tinubu- PDP / Nwuruku Humphrey, Ebonyi Chief Whip Removed For Refusing To Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.