Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,935 members, 7,896,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 12:35 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (564) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1400715 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (969) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ibrahrem9606: 12:03am On Jul 09, 2020
Dannyhonda:
I pray he get orientated, cause the way he is doing, i pray he doesn't die before his time. He thinks its a child's play, na too much movie cause all this i swear. I just my cousin at the hand of death, he shot himself after coming back from training, he didn't face war but look at the way his life ended. Lets us be guided in anything we do
the time and place you die is the right decision God made for you.
so there is nothing like dying before ur time.
may their souls rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ibrahrem9606: 12:11am On Jul 09, 2020
Dannyhonda:
I pray he get orientated, cause the way he is doing, i pray he doesn't die before his time. He thinks its a child's play, na too much movie cause all this i swear. I just my cousin at the hand of death, he shot himself after coming back from training, he didn't face war but look at the way his life ended. Lets us be guided in anything we do
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by TSoul(m): 12:16am On Jul 09, 2020
Dannyhonda:
Bro i'm not discouraging anyone, i also want to join but my point is making noise about it that you want to fight boko haram isn't something u should be boasting about, a lot have tried and we saw how it ended. My own is stay lowkey, no need to cast yourself. My cousin just died, he shot himself, we dont no what the poor boy must have been passing through, he is a US Army officer.
Another thing you said they leave a peaceful life, if only you know what's happening to them behind the scene, i don't know if you heard about PTSD, research about it. Even retired boxers, wrestlers and the likes face it and we know how dangerous it can be. The so cause mighty united states that got lots of psychologist but still ptsd is there talk less of Nigeria my country that they don't regard any instead u go to your pastor or imam and pray. God decides everyone's fact but if its not Gods plan for you, everything will die down.
I don't have any issue with anyone joining the army, let your work do that talking simple. You don't know who and who is here, positive speech is the best. No one wish to go to war, anyone that loves fighting war is a psychopaths and a maniac and needs to be checked. Like i said talk less, let your work speak for you.
People die everyday by accident and the likes i accept, do you think the military will disclose the number of people that die?? I laugh again you, they will never say anything. A military man can die lets say last year june and they can just announce it this year so don't rely on that fact you just said. Na person way dey the field na him no what's up
If you insist, I agree with you.....and I know fully well about the field even if am not there. My brother in law survive ambush in the northeast, he was just lucky because it wasn't his time yet and I have two siblings in the army too. I also live in one of the barracks in Abj. I won't say more than that. Peace bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Adelion(m): 12:24am On Jul 09, 2020
ugo4u:
For lovers of military movies; The Outpost which was released this year is very interesting, it's based on a true life story of US forces in a small outpost in an isolated region in Afghanistan. It's in the mould of Black hawk down, 13 hours in Benghazi.
Pure unadulterated violence, it also give one an idea of what attack on military bases looks like.
Yes! Watched it already.
See gallant men with courage ....one dude was even shooting naked(that's d standard)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 12:38am On Jul 09, 2020
Nope you not following Gods plan might lead to death and also Gods decision can also lead to death for that person. There is a saying, don't run after your shadow. A step at a time simple, why the rush.
ibrahrem9606:

the time and place you die is the right decision God made for you.
so there is nothing like dying before ur time.
may their souls rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 12:42am On Jul 09, 2020
ugo4u:
For lovers of military movies; The Outpost which was released this year is very interesting, it's based on a true life story of US forces in a small outpost in an isolated region in Afghanistan. It's in the mould of Black hawk down, 13 hours in Benghazi.
Pure unadulterated violence, it also give one an idea of what attack on military bases looks like.

Actually, the character "Sergeant Clint Romesha" was awarded the congressional Medal of Honor for his valorous actions in the defence of camp keating.

https://themedalofhonor.com/recipients/staff-sergeant-clinton-romesha-u-s-army-3rd-squadron-61st-cavalry-regiment-4th-brigade-c/
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 12:43am On Jul 09, 2020
I don't need u to agree with me whether you have someone in the military, my point is if anyone dies they rarely disclose it immediately NB: i got siblings in the force. Grace covered him that's why he survived, anyways not all are living fine that's all i can tell you. Read about PTSD like i said or any disorder. See you at the top, i rest my case
TSoul:
If you insist, I agree with you.....and I know fully well about the field even if am not there. My brother in law survive ambush in the northeast, he was just lucky because it wasn't his time yet and I have two siblings in the army too. I also live in one of the barracks in Abj. I won't say more than that. Peace bro
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 12:52am On Jul 09, 2020
May God see us through
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 09, 2020
Please oh! I'm now hearing that DSS application has closed yesterday (08/07/20) and aptitude test will be scheduled to hold this weekend. This country sef. Someone should please try and confirm.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 3:18am On Jul 09, 2020
RECOMMENDATIONS TO REFORM THE MILITARY

(A) TO THE PRESIDENCY AND THE EXECUTIVES AT LARGE:

(1) COMMIT TO FORMULATE AND IMPLEMENT COMPREHENSIVE DEFENCE SECTOR REFORM WHICH WOULD INCLUDE: 

(a) Initiating public and expert dialogues to analyse and agree on the security and defence challenges and lead to initiation of a comprehensive defence sector reform program that clearly identifies those challenges; 

(b) Developing a new defence and security policy and structure to address them; and

(c) Improving leadership, oversight, administration and accountability across the entire defence sector

(2) ESTABLISH AN ARMED FORCES CAPACITY MONITORING AND EVALUATION UNIT UNDER THE PRESIDENT'S DIRECT SUPERVISION. 

(3) IMPROVE FUNDING OF THE MILITARY BY:

(a) Ensuring that at least 80 per cent of all money from participation in peacekeeping operations is invested in the armed forces;

(b) Channelling to the defence budget all funds previously paid to former Niger Delta militant leaders for so-called pipeline security arrangements.

(4) IMPROVE LOCAL PRODUCTION OF BASIC MILITARY ITEMS, PARTICULARLY BY CREATING AN INVESTOR-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT AND ENCOURAGING PRIVATE SECTOR INVESTMENT IN DEFENCE-RELATED INDUSTRIES, WHILE WINDING DOWN THE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES CORPORATION OF NIGERIA (DICON), WHICH HAS PROVEN TO BE A WHITE ELEPHANT.

(5) CURB CORRUPTION AND IMPROVE ACCOUNTABILITY BY PROBING ALL FORMER MAJOR DEFENCE CONTRACTS, SANCTIONING INDICTED OFFICIALS AND GIVING THE ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION (EFCC) A STRONGER MANDATE TO INVESTIGATE CORRUPTION IN THE DEFENCE SECTOR.

(6) STRENGTHEN, THROUGH A STRONGER MANDATE AND BETTER RESOURCING, THE CAPACITY OF THE NATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION (NHRC) TO INVESTIGATE AND REPORT VIOLATIONS BY MILITARY UNITS AND PERSONNEL.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 3:34am On Jul 09, 2020
(B) RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY:

CARRY OUT APPROPRIATION AND OVERSIGHT RESPONSIBILITIES MORE EFFECTIVELY BY: 

(1) Improving the expertise of members and committee staff on security matters, through better training and exchanges with similar committees in the parliaments of more developed democracies;

(2) Scrutinising military leadership nominees more thoroughly to ensure that only competent officers are appointed to head the defence ministry and the services; 

(3) Organising public and expert hearings on formulation of a comprehensive military reform program, including a new, more relevant national defence policy; and 

(4) Conducting oversight visits to military establishments more diligently to add value to the defence establishment as a whole and administration of the armed forces in particular.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 3:36am On Jul 09, 2020
(C) RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE DEFENCE MINISTRY AND THE DEFENCE HEADQUARTERS

(1) Improve administrative capacity, including by organising more training for civilian staff in such areas as procurement management, project monitoring and evaluation and operation of payroll systems, as well as accounting and auditing.

(2) Improve training in military institutions by ensuring adequate instructors, more relevant modules and more modern equipment. 

(3) Improve equipment and logistics by conducting more frequent and intensive equipment audits, ensuring better maintenance of existing assets and encouraging private companies to respond to basic procurement needs

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 3:39am On Jul 09, 2020
(D) RECOMMENDATIONS TO NIGERIA'S MILITARY AND DEVELOPMENT PARTNERS:

(1) Persuade the federal government on the need for deep, comprehensive and sustained military reform, including by providing relevant assistance, the flow of which is dependent on genuine steps and benchmarked progress. 

(2) Support the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) by offering training, equipment and other aid that boosts their capacity to monitor, investigate and prosecute corruption and human rights abuse in the defence sector more effectively.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ibrahrem9606: 7:19am On Jul 09, 2020
Dannyhonda:
Nope you not following Gods plan might lead to death and also Gods decision can also lead to death for that person. There is a saying, don't run after your shadow. A step at a time simple, why the rush.
OK sir smiley
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:47am On Jul 09, 2020
SFCommander2:
Please oh! I'm now hearing that DSS application has closed yesterday (08/07/20) and aptitude test will be scheduled to hold this weekend. This country sef. Someone should please try and confirm.
it closes 15th
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:47am On Jul 09, 2020
Plus y’all check this out too

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 9:00am On Jul 09, 2020
Adelion:

Yes! Watched it already.
See gallant men with courage ....one dude was even shooting naked(that's d standard)

I just downloaded the film yesterday ooo...make i go see am
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 9:32am On Jul 09, 2020
odimbannamdi:

I just downloaded the film yesterday ooo...make i go see am
How many gigabyte?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 9:50am On Jul 09, 2020
MrSuama:

How many gigabyte?

Shouldnt be less than 350mb. But the quality is still good. I used to be a big fan of high video quality in movies, but data constraint humbled me.

Just go to thenetnaija dot com and search for the film. You go even see the SRT file (subtitle file) sef.

Cheers bro.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 9:53am On Jul 09, 2020
SpecialAgent:
Ayam tired of this thread, See you guys at screening if we all eventually make it. I will pray they post me to the presidential guards brigade, don't want you guys to worry too much about me.

Well, Goodluck to us all

Victory is from God Alone
now you're talking, na enjoyment you dey find be that.
If you want war, it will have to be Armour, Infantry, Artillery corp.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 9:57am On Jul 09, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Shouldnt be less than 350mb. But the quality is still good. I used to be a big fan of high video quality in movies, but data constraint humbled me.

Just go to thenetnaija dot com and search for the film. You go even see the SRT file (subtitle file) sef.

Cheers bro.
The file on netnaija is that of another movie.
The movie (The Outpost) is on fzmovies.com
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 11:03am On Jul 09, 2020
Lmaoo he should just join recruit jare that one sure for am
ugo4u:

now you're talking, na enjoyment you dey find be that.
If you want war, it will have to be Armour, Infantry, Artillery corp.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 11:04am On Jul 09, 2020
414MB
MrSuama:

How many gigabyte?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 11:05am On Jul 09, 2020
Nawa when did they do recruitment sef?
sikowitz17:
Plus y’all check this out too
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Cheers bro.

Roger that
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 09, 2020
Definitely, Army will call up for recruitment this year.

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Kyngfarabale1(m): 4:40pm On Jul 09, 2020
ugo4u:
13 hours Secret soldiers of bengazhi
libya

that film Na one in a million
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jelraj(m): 4:49pm On Jul 09, 2020
SpecialAgent:
Ayam tired of this thread, See you guys at screening if we all eventually make it. I will pray they post me to the presidential guards brigade, don't want you guys to worry too much about me.

Soldiers are the ones who do the fighting, am sure Nigeria is currently at war with dissidents(Boko terrorists) in the northeast and bandits in the north west. Why are you joining the army, isn't it to FIGHT & PROTECT UR PEOPLE & COUNTRY. Or do soldiers in the army have another meaning. These yearly recruitments are all to bring an end to the insecurity in this country. Soldiers fight when their is war, one is currently on going.

You guys won't understand, the north is my home. it used to be so peaceful but not anymore.

Well, Goodluck to us all

Victory is from God Alone

Be like say na ssc dey ur mind o
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 5:04pm On Jul 09, 2020
I pray so o, funny enough i checked their site last night and didn't see anything. Where did you see it?
AirmanB:
Definitely, Army will call up for recruitment this year.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 5:10pm On Jul 09, 2020
See anyone e wan join na him sabi, e fit like make him fight boko alone. Major thing is everyone gets enlisted
jelraj:

Be like say na ssc dey ur mind o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jelraj(m): 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2020
Dannyhonda:
See anyone e wan join na him sabi, e fit like make him fight boko alone. Major thing is everyone gets enlisted
Funny.. I was chatting with my friend who is a private soldier..
I remember this guy buying his army slot with 300k 2yrs ago, now he is in borno.. I can feel the tension in his voice when he sent me a voice note. He just lost a friend recently.
See what he said below.

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (969) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.