Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,845 members, 7,969,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 09:35 AM

Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) (34694 Views)

Charles Antwi Tries To Kill Mahama, Ghanaian President (Photo) / Robert Mugabe - Nigerian Witch Doctors Planned To Kill Me / The U.S And France...supplier Of Arsenals Of Arms Boko Haram Boast Of!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by armyofone(m): 4:37pm On Feb 07, 2011
lipsrsealed wink
don't ask,  dont tell  wink
EzeUche_:

Are you a Marine? shocked

If you are, I was contemplating joining the marines, but decided that I will probably join the air force.
be proud to serve.
go to the nearest base and report yourself.
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by Beaf: 12:51am On Feb 11, 2011
[size=14pt]Chengdu J-20[/size]
Behold the Chinese rival to the F-22 Raptor and T-50. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Given its traditional policy of aircraft manufacturing, China will most likely create a functional analogue of foreign-made 5G planes that will cost 50% to 80% less than Russian and U.S. models. China will most likely sell the plane in Central Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and Southeast Asia, as well as to the richest African countries.

http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20101229/161986565.html

Chengdu J-20 ground test from December 2010
Role Stealth air superiority fighter, multirole fighter
Strike fighter
National origin People's Republic of China
Manufacturer Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group
First flight 11 January 2011[1][2]
Introduced 2017–2019 (planned)[2]
Status In development/flight testing[2]
Primary user People's Liberation Army Air Force
Number built 2[3]
Unit cost US$110 million (est.)[4]

The Chengdu J-20 (simplified Chinese: 歼二十; traditional Chinese: 殲二十; pinyin: Jiān èr shí; literally "Annihilator Twenty"wink is a fifth generation stealth, twin-engine fighter aircraft prototype developed by Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group for the Chinese People's Liberation Army Air Force.[5][6] In late 2010, the J-20 underwent high speed taxiing tests. The J-20 made its first flight on 11 January 2011.[7][8] General He Weirong, Deputy Commander of the People's Liberation Army Air Force said in November 2009 that he expected the J-20 to be operational in 2017–2019.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu_J-20

Specifications
Because the aircraft is in development, these specifications are preliminary and are taken as estimates from the available images.

General characteristics

Crew: 1
Length: 75 ft (23 m[2])
Wingspan: 45 ft (14 m[2])
Height: ()
Max takeoff weight: 75,000–80,000 lb (34,000 - 37,000 kg[2])
Powerplant: 2× WS-10G thrust-vectoring turbofan (155 kN) on production aircraft.[6] Possible WS-15 on production aircraft.[58]
Performance

Cruise speed: Mach 1.5 (estimated)[59]
Combat radius: Estimated at 1,000 nautical miles (1,852 km[59])
Armament

Guns: None on prototype.
Expected to have internal and external hardpoints for missiles, bombs and fuel tanks.
Avionics
Anticipated AESA radar with LPI modes for use against air and surface targets, and low observable data links, infrared missile warning and radar warning sensors.

Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by pleep(m): 9:42pm On Apr 27, 2011
my gawd. Is it just me or are airplanes starting to look much more like spaceships?
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by montelik(m): 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2011
^^ ;d
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by reindeer: 12:38am On May 09, 2011
If you really want to test out this planes against each other, grab a copy of HAWX 2 on XBOX 360,
Most of the planes here are loaded on the game except the chinese plane. . .or maybe i havent unlocked it yet.
My favourite still remains the F-22 Raptor, has worked for me in many roles even against Ace pilots from around the world and it's quite easy to manouver and its cannons are just , ooomph!
But wait o, there definitely will be a 3rd world war or why would people be building all these hardware?
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by MandingoII(m): 5:31am On May 09, 2011
[center][size=14pt]The TRUTH is that American new killing machines DO NOT WORK very well.

they CRASH into the ground and into each other.

You do hear how cruise missles and drones kill people by accident ON THE REGULAR. yet the MEDIA do not report it.

besides 33+% of our Tax dollars goes to the MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX.

It is a mutha/f/u/c/k/i/n shame that this country spends close to 40% of its tax dollars on KILLING devices.

A country that does this is NOT a health country and is a Predator.
[/size][/center]
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by armyofone(m): 12:26pm On May 09, 2011
40% of taxed dollars to make  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed to kill the bad guys so that you could sleep peacefully at night and you woke this morning to write the crap above, a blacksheep you are and must be high on some cheap crack !angry
SempiFI
Support our Troops

MandingoII:

[center][size=14pt]The TRUTH is that American new killing machines DO NOT WORK very well.

You do hear how cruise missles and drones kill people by accident ON THE REGULAR.  yet the MEDIA do not report it.

[b][s]It is a mutha/f/u/c/k/i/n shame that this country spends close to 40% of its tax dollars on KILLING devices.[/s]

A country that does this is NOT a health country and is a Predator.[/b][/size][/center]
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by reindeer: 2:17am On May 10, 2011
armyofone:

40% of taxed dollars to make lipsrsealed lipsrsealed to kill the bad guys so that you could sleep peacefully at night and you woke this morning to write the crap above, a blacksheep you are and must be high on some cheap crack !angry
SempiFI
Support our Troops

Thanks jare!
I have a problem with people who just shout!You're in the country sleeping easy, working and making money and you're shouting. If you hate america so much pack your bags and go to countries where they spend all their money on flowers now, na by force? angry
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by MandingoII(m): 4:43pm On May 10, 2011
Thanks jare!
I have a problem with people who just shout!You're in the country sleeping easy, working and making money and you're shouting. If you hate america so much pack your bags and go to countries where they spend all their money on flowers now, na by force? 

Beyotch please WE LIVE IN A SO CALLED   undecided  DEMOCRACY.

FREE SPEECH

i can criticize the land of my great great grandparents that BUILT this sleezy B/a?stard.

I'm just saying STOP BELIEVING the gunho hype.  It aint true. 

Just little boys playing with toys that crash, and have to be revamped again and again.

and who do you think is PAYING for all this cheezy metal.

poor tax payers.

then again, ya'll like fairytales

take your a/s/s to disneyworld
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by morpheus24: 4:46pm On May 10, 2011
armyofone:

40% of taxed dollars to make  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed to kill the bad guys so that you could sleep peacefully at night and you woke this morning to write the crap above, a blacksheep you are and must be high on some cheap crack !angry
SempiFI
Support our Troops

And you still paying them taxes and live under the same regime that gaurds that FREE SPEECH you be yapping out everyday huh?. Sorry excuses.

in the wise words of ice cube, "RUn NI(@)@GA. RUN!"
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by MandingoII(m): 4:50pm On May 10, 2011
armyofone said,

Support our Troops
undecided

[size=18pt]F/U/C/K YOUR TROOPS![/size]
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by armyofone(m): 8:07pm On May 10, 2011
SemperFI tongue

ride on mate, we are happy with our tasks  kiss kiss
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by dayokanu(m): 8:35pm On May 10, 2011
armyofone:

SemperFI tongue

ride on mate, we are happy with our tasks kiss kiss

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by reindeer: 2:56am On May 11, 2011
MandingoII:

Beyotch please WE LIVE IN A SO CALLED undecided DEMOCRACY.

FREE SPEECH

i can criticize the land of my great great grandparents that BUILT this sleezy B/a?stard.

I'm just saying STOP BELIEVING the gunho hype. It aint true.

Just little boys playing with toys that crash, and have to be revamped again and again.

and who do you think is PAYING for all this cheezy metal.

poor tax payers.

then again, ya'll like fairytales

take your a/s/s to disneyworld

Dropping out of school really hasn't done you any good, trying to sound like uneducated rap stars. Poor thing.
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by pleep(m): 1:37am On May 30, 2011
Mandingo has every right to be pi ssed! What kind of government spends that kinda money bombing foreign countries and buying guns before providing universal healthcare?

Have you ever been to an American public school? Check them out before you talk sh.it on nairaland.
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by armyofone(m): 2:27pm On May 30, 2011
God bless our troops all around the world.
Happy Memorial Day kiss

SemperFI
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by cap28: 2:04pm On May 31, 2011
america spent a whopping $700 billion in  2010  on defence (20% of the federal budget) , year on year it keeps cutting what it allocates to education and social security programmes but the budget for defence keeps expanding.

some people actually think that america's giant war machine is used primarily to protect the sovereignty of the US and keep the world stable and safe, but when was the last time that any country threatened the US? I would argue that it is the US war machine that threatens the stability of the world, the US war machine is used as an instrument of terror to intimidate and attack "rogue" nations who refuse to open up their nations for wholesale ra.pe by american and european multinationals.

Rather than making the world safe for ordinary people, the US's war machine seeks to make the world safe for all of its Fortune 500 corporations - any sovereign nation seeking any form of economic independence or movement towards wealth redistribution  gets taken down by america's gigantic military machine. No wonder the late Dr Martin LUther King referred to the US govt as the no1 purveyor of violence in the world.  The only two nations left in the world today who can stop this rampage are china and russia.
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by martinosi: 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2011
reindeer:

Dropping out of school really hasn't done you any good, trying to sound like uneducated rap stars. Poor thing.

Reindeer you really cant say much to Mandingo, USA was built on African-American Sweat
and blood PERIOD!!!

The freedoms in America that any African that came by way of Airplane to America enjoys
was won by blood and sweat of Africans Decendants that came to America by way of Slave-ship.

DONT EVER FORGET THAT!!!
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by ElRazur: 9:28am On Jun 04, 2011
Beaf:

[size=14pt]Chengdu J-20[/size]
Behold the Chinese rival to the F-22 Raptor and T-50. shocked shocked shocked shocked

As a person with interest in military weapons and what not. I think Chinese planes are just there for show. The technology used is usually stolen - Look up on how they buy trade secrets from Israel rogue agents, pakistani ISCI etc. While it may look fierce, it basically cannot out-perform or even match the Western equivalent in air combat or dog fight.

Remember the Russian (Who in my opinion make better technology advancements than China) had the MiG fighters and it was supposed to rival the Western equivalent back then, but it really didn't in real life practical terms.

As it stands, the US air superiority is unsurpassed. Iraq, Libya, and a host of nations who had battle with the US in recent times all had their Air defenses smashed in matter of days with very little resistance.

While country like China are busy trying to match or surpass the US. The US NORAD (Nothern American Aerospace Defense Command) already started work on Laser weaponry from three or four decades ago! The idea is to use Laser weaponry from space to disintegrate enemy targets anywhere on earth. You see, it is pretty much hard for any nation right now to out-maneuver the US Army in terms of technology. They simply invest Billions of dollars in the best brains.
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by 2muchlogic(m): 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2011
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by 2muchlogic(m): 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2011
MandingoII:

You do hear how cruise missles and drones kill people by accident ON THE REGULAR.  yet the MEDIA do not report it.

It is a mutha/f/u/c/k/i/n shame that this country spends close to 40% of its tax dollars on KILLING devices.

A country that does this is NOT a health country and is a Predator.
[/size][/center]

Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 31, 2011
THESE BIRDS AND WEAPONS ARE WHY THE COUNTRY IS BROKE.

THE PATENTS AND HALF OF THE TOYS SHOULD BE SENT TO CHINA AS PAYMENT FOR THE DEBTS grin grin grin
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by Mariory(m): 9:43am On Jul 31, 2011
ElRazur:

As a person with interest in military weapons and what not. I think Chinese planes are just there for show. The technology used is usually stolen - Look up on how they buy trade secrets from Israel rogue agents, pakistani ISCI etc. While it may look fierce, it basically cannot out-perform or even match the Western equivalent in air combat or dog fight.

True. By the time the Chinese can reverse engineer the technology it is usually obsolete. The Chinese are probably some 30+ years behind the US in stealth technology.
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by Beaf: 5:24am On Aug 01, 2011
ElRazur:

Remember the Russian (Who in my opinion make better technology advancements than China) had the MiG fighters and it was supposed to rival the Western equivalent back then, but it really didn't in real life practical terms.

As it stands, the US air superiority is unsurpassed. Iraq, Libya, and a host of nations who had battle with the US in recent times all had their Air defenses smashed in matter of days with very little resistance.

While country like China are busy trying to match or surpass the US. The US NORAD (Nothern American Aerospace Defense Command) already started work on Laser weaponry from three or four decades ago! The idea is to use Laser weaponry from space to disintegrate enemy targets anywhere on earth. You see, it is pretty much hard for any nation right now to out-maneuver the US Army in terms of technology. They simply invest Billions of dollars in the best brains.

Keep decieving yourself, its false comfort. Check the phone in your pocket, your TV, your satnav. . . Its all made in China, and if its stolen tech, then its darn good stolen tech. Fortunately, the US army thinks very differently to you.

You talk about lasers being used to disintegrate enemy targets like its some huge breakthrough. All you need is a portable power source and any country (including Somalia) can build the laser weapon. Lasers have been around since the 60's.

By the way, China was the first ever country to shoot down a satellite in space, and that happened a decade ago. They were also the first to build an anti-aircraft-carrier ballistic missile, the DF-21. I wonder who they copied, being first and all?

This kills aircraft-carriers:

[img]http://mostly.biz/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/DF-21-anti-aircraft-carrier-missile.jpg[/img]
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by Beaf: 5:45am On Aug 01, 2011
Glimpsed in the skies. Unknown Chinese stealth fighter.

[img]http://digitalgroup.info/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Chinese-jet-fighter-sighting.jpg[/img]
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by TayoD1(m): 12:15am On Aug 02, 2011
What about the futuristic flying humvee?

The United States military has moved one step closer toward realizing its goal of developing a flying vehicle that combines aspects of a helicopter, plane and armored truck, awarding a a $3.05 million contract to aerospace and defense company AAI.

This is part of the Transformer Vehicle program  run by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency to demonstrate a "fly-drive" vehicle. DARPA, as it's commonly called, serves as the central research and development organization for the U.S. Department of Defense.

The idea essentially is to produce a mashup: a four-seat vehicle that can hug the road like a sports utility vehicle but is strong and nimble to the point where it can safely navigate past hazards - man made and natural - and then function like an aircraft with vertical take-off capacity. According to Aviation Week, "AAI's design is based on the slowed-rotor/compound (SR/C) helicopter technology being developed jointly with Cartercopter. SR/C is essentially an autogyro in which the rotor can be slowed as forward speed increases, offloading lift to the wing to allow the vehicle to fly faster than a conventional helicopter."

At this point, the TX program is still in proof-of-concept mode. A few years ago, DARPA similarly tried to invite contractors to bring a flying vehicle to market. Can AAI make good on its task? After DARPA first put the project up for bid earlier this spring, Steven Reid, vice president of unmanned aircraft systems at AAI, said in an interview that when his team first heard of the proposal, "I have to admit, we scratched our heads and asked: Is this real?" But after a closer look, he added, the concept meshes with existing engineering ideas about how to combine aspects of manned and unmanned aircraft.
http://wethearmed.com/index.php?topic=11165.0
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by stmarc32(m): 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2011
Can forsee all this going to the scrap yard soon.
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by armyofone(m): 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2011
I love that flying humvee grin wink
SemperFI
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by Beaf: 11:44pm On Nov 26, 2011

US Army successfully tests new Advanced Hypersonic Weapon

The Department of Defense announced on Thursday that the first test of the Army’s hypersonic weapon, dubbed the Advanced Hypersonic Weapon, was a success.

The hypersonic rocket blasted off from Pentagon’s Pacific Missile Range Facility in Kauai, Hawaii on Thursday and successfully reached its target Kwajalein Atoll, some 2,500 miles away, in just about half an hour.

The Department of Defense describes the hypersonic weapon as a “first-of-its-kind glide vehicle”. A three-stage booster system propels the Advanced Hypersonic Weapon far up into the atmosphere, where it achieves speeds of over five times the speed of sound.

This wasn’t the first time the military tested a weapon of this nature, but it is the first successful one. Over the past year, DARPA attempted to test out their own hypersonic weapon, the Falcon Hypersonic Technology Vehicle 2, on two separate occasions. Both failed.

The report from the Department of Defense didn’t say exactly how fast the AHW is, but the FHTV 2 boasted speeds of Mach 20, or about 13,000-mph, according to DARPA.

The Falcon Hypersonic Technology Vehicle 2 may have been a disappointment for the military, but the Advanced Hypersonic Weapon marks a step forward in the military’s “Conventional Prompt Global Strike” initiative, which aims to develop the capabilities to strike at any point on the Earth as quickly as possible.

The Department of Defense notes that at least part of the successful test of the Advanced Hypersonic Vehicle is in no small part due to the lessons learned by DARPA’s failed attempts with the Falcon Hypersonic Technology Vehicle 2.

http://www.inquisitr.com/160700/army-successfully-tests-new-advanced-hypersonic-weapon/

shocked shocked shocked
Damn!
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by Beaf: 11:52pm On Nov 26, 2011
X-51 Hypersonic Cruise Missile: Prompt Global Strike program of Pentagon
Vishal | Dec 20 2006

America is known to be the most powerful nation with most advanced weapons. It has a good stock of deadly weapons that are just enough to end up this world into ashes. Still some of the American security analysts feel that the nuclear weapon technology of the nation is not credential enough and is deteriorating with their enemies growing stronger so they have expressed a need of a Hypersonic Cruise Missile technology that will be able to travel large distances in few minutes and hit the target giving their enemy no time to escape.

In the Pacific, a nuclear-powered Ohio class submarine surfaces, ready for the president’s command to launch. When the order comes, the sub shoots a 65-ton Trident II ballistic missile into the sky. Within 2 minutes, the missile is traveling at more than 20,000 ft. per second. Up and over the oceans and out of the atmosphere it soars for thousands of miles. At the top of its parabola, hanging in space, the Trident’s four warheads separate and begin their screaming descent down toward the planet. Traveling as fast as 13,000 mph, the warheads are filled with scored tungsten rods with twice the strength of steel. Just above the target, the warheads detonate, showering the area with thousands of rods-each one up to 12 times as destructive as a .50-caliber bullet. Anything within 3000 sq. ft. of this whirling, metallic storm is obliterated.

These kinds of developments mark the possibility of a World War III. I think America should sacrifice their greed to acquire more and more deadly weapons.

http://www.weaponsblog.org/entry/x-51-hypersonic-cruise-missile-prompt-global-strike-program-of-pentagon/
Re: Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) by OmoTier1(m): 11:00pm On Nov 27, 2011
So funny how despite the many sweet birds the US and UK has in the sky, each time the russian bird takes to the sky, all stations get a flag off!! grin. Remember the other time the Russian white bird (aka diplomatic bomber) took to the skys over the isles near the UK in 2006, some ass went kicking around the building!

For those of us in the flight physics domain, somehow it keeps our head spinning how those russian birds can achieve over 50% control without an AFCs while that of the US can barely achieve 40% and you MUST require an AFCs to keep them up there doing their thingy! .Who teaches them Russians them Euler's angles?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Year: Samoa, Kiribati Will Be The First To Welcome 2020 / Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? / Brazilian President Bolsonaro In Hospital Over Intestinal Obstruction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.