Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,761 members, 7,889,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:37 PM

I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview (39488 Views)

Shell Job V`acancy / Shell Job Career Opportunities / Shell Job Vac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Trbrown: 11:59am On Sep 23, 2009
update
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by net4cash: 4:49am On Sep 24, 2009
Hi buddy,

please prepare well for your interview;

i wish best of luck. smiley
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Trbrown: 5:42pm On Sep 24, 2009
@ lee007 can i hv ur email. Hv far? i gt an email today nt sad though bt on hold.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by lee007(m): 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2009
@Tbrown, leedlaw@yahoo.com cool
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Trbrown: 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2009
@lee007 thanx wud send u a mail shortly wen am clear wot shell is talking. How far hv dey said anything new 2 u?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Trbrown: 1:26pm On Oct 06, 2009
@
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Southsea: 1:56pm On Nov 23, 2009
@ Digeratti and others that have gone for medicals what tests did you do and how long did it take. will be having mine later this week.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by digerati(m): 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2009
Wow! Southsea, congratulations. You'll do eye, urine, blood and blood pressure tests and the doctor would examine you, that's all.

So when did you get the email for the meds? What role did you apply for?, excited to hear this and looking forward to hearing from you. smiley
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by tot(f): 7:13am On Nov 24, 2009
smiley
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Southsea: 7:35am On Nov 24, 2009
Applied for a position in HR, guess they are calling ppl in batches. Heard some peeps have resumed from the May-August recruitment campaign. Thanks Digerati
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by digerati(m): 9:27am On Nov 24, 2009
You're welcome Southsea. Sorry to bother you but did you get the e-mail that said something about our application being put on hold as they are searching for a suitable position, ? I'm asking for two reasons: 1. To know if it's only IT that was affected 2. They've been doing some serious restructuring and laying off but going by what you are saying, it means things maybe picking up again.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Southsea: 9:38am On Nov 24, 2009
Yep got the 36 months blah blah mail. Very true Shell is restructuring but don't think they have started laying ppl off. From what I gathered the massive lay off would be for top mgrs and should affect the number of positions available for new guys. Let's hope the restructuring ends pretty soon 'cos it's a global initiative that will see 5,000 jobs being axed (not much if u consider Shell's workforce).
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by tot(f): 9:51am On Nov 24, 2009
heya
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by grtppl: 9:52am On Nov 24, 2009
to all on-hold shell aspirants, let us continue praying. i applied for sitp and have my medicals in lagos last july but ending up receiving the wait letter. patience is no hardship to me. am waiting and praying. see u all at the top
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by digerati(m): 10:27am On Nov 24, 2009
Thanks Southsea and everyone. Guess we'll just have to keep praying then. smiley
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by tot(f): 10:47am On Nov 24, 2009
Yeah, that's the spirit. smiley
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Southsea: 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2009
@ tot, make no mistake some peeps with whom we had the SRD (suppose those with the highest scores and business fit in vacant positions) have joined the company.

Just thinking aloud, succesful technical grads that could not make SITP this year have their results valid for 12 months. considering the fact that only a small percentage have been absorbed into technical roles what will happen to the others?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Southsea: 2:00pm On Dec 17, 2009
@ tot, make no mistake some peeps with whom we had the SRD (suppose those with the highest scores and business fit in vacant positions) have joined the company.

Just thinking aloud, succesful technical grads that could not make SITP this year have their results valid for 12 months. considering the fact that only a small percentage have been absorbed into technical roles what will happen to the others?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Southsea: 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2009
@ Digerati have u heard anything yet? Did u have an informal interview before the medicals?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by tot(f): 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2009
@Southsea
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by tjcrown: 11:26am On Jan 09, 2010
Hello Guys,

I just received a mail from Shell saying they are yet to find a suitable graduate opportunity for me but will endeavor to find one as soon an opportunity exist. I dont know if any one received similar mail or otherwise. This mail is coming exactly after five months I did my SRD. Finally, the mail reads my application is still on hold. Can anyone tell me how long my application will be on hold after passing SRD? I applied for finance last year and uptill now no show, Is Shell Nigeria recruiting again and any hope of being called very soon?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by digerati(m): 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2010
@ Southsea, sorry for my very late response. No informal interviews. I haven't heard anything yet but got a happy new year email saying my app is still on hold. I guess it's to let us know we are still on their minds.

@ tjcrown, the waiting period all depends on when they find a vacancy. Let's all pray they finish up quickly with their current restructuring and that it opens up opportunities for us.

All the best guys. smiley
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by pepperyboy: 10:37am On Jan 10, 2010
well guys there is a glimmer of hope from wat i have seen and heard, lets just pray for the best, i had my first test in 2008 so its been a long wait but lets hope thing pan out well, i spoke with one of the ladies in charge of SRD and she said shell will be sending out letter soon explaining the situation.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Southsea: 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2010
The number of succesful candidates from the SRDs (supply) is in excess when compared to the openings in the group(demand). therefore what they are doing is to recruit peeps in batches. However, candidates might not feel the impact of the recruitment 'cos a batch might just have 2 or 3 peeps which is an insignificant number when compared with the no of candidates that have their application on hold. Hopefully Feb might be a good month as most divisions might start to ask for peeps.
I also guess that despite the 36 months blah blah most candidates will be recruited this year 'cos the graduate recruitment programme is an annual ptogramme and it is only logical that they should have placed all succesful candidates before starting another round of campaigns.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Cheksa: 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2010
@ pepperboy happy new year. seen we are still on time. nice to hear from u. so whats the latest from SHELL. pls explain well. cheers
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Southsea: 9:07am On Feb 15, 2010
@SITP guys in 2009, I have heard nothing about this year's prog. does it mean that the guys that were unable to make it last year will fill this year's batch or that the prog. has been scrapped?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by tjcrown: 9:26am On Mar 04, 2010
Hello all shell hopefuls,

i just felt this thread is too dry and lack lustres. I know this is not the dream of the person that starts the thread. It will be good if we keep the hope alive even if shell job look elusive now, something better may come later. Keep the hope alive. Application is on now for internship and sabbatical leave at Shell Nigeria, interested persons can check up the details on shell nigeria website. With this application, i think there is a respite within horizon for those who are successful in srd since august last year. Nairalander contribution will be highly appreciated.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Southsea: 9:46am On Mar 05, 2010
Heard a few guys have been called again for medicals recently (this week to be precise). Guess some depts. in the finance team need to fill positions ASAP.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by tjcrown: 2:42pm On Mar 05, 2010
@southsea

good to hear abt that. Sometimes you informed the house that u have done ur medical, have you been given any offer since then? Furthermore, from ur own experience, can u tell us the average waiting period for those who have passed their srd
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Trbrown: 4:01pm On Mar 05, 2010
HR guys n d house any update. It cms so much is happening wit d finance and IT aspect of things either dey r bn called for medicals or been sent interview dates wot of those in HR still waiting 4 interview? Has anyone gt anything 2 say?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by tjcrown: 8:31pm On Mar 05, 2010
@trbrown

I m for finance and ve not heard anything yet. its only southsea that claimed that some pple have been called for medicals. I m also waiting for someone to corroborate southsea claim or confirm it. The info i heard from a friend who works with shell is just a consolation and soothing words that we shud be hopeful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Army List Of Candidates Shortlisted For 73rri Pre-screening Examination / Diseases That Can Make You Fail Pre-employment Medicals / You Nigerians Are A Waste Of Oxygen And Flesh - @mufclatestnews Blasts Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.