Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,826 members, 7,882,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 05:22 PM

Does Fasting Really Starts By 12am? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Fasting Really Starts By 12am? (11265 Views)

How Does Fasting During Ramadan Affect Muslim Players In UCL And World Cup? / What Does Fasting 6 To 6 Mean? / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Fasting Really Starts By 12am? by vosquare: 9:18am On Jan 24, 2016
Just need proofs. My friend told me yesterday that fasting starts from 6am to 6pm. He even said his pastor told him so. I think it's only Muslims that does that. I have no Bible verse to back my own point up that fasting starts from 12am..please nairalanders, any idea?

Lalasticlala
Seun
Re: Does Fasting Really Starts By 12am? by xkris11(m): 9:36am On Jan 24, 2016
12 am is a brand new day. It's the right hour to plan for the new day.

Why do we shout Happy New Year at 12 and not 6?

4 Likes

Re: Does Fasting Really Starts By 12am? by Edmomd(m): 9:38am On Jan 24, 2016
There is no place in the Bible where a particular time of the is set for fasting. Fassting is dedicated for a particular time by the person that want to fast. Fasting can be from 12pm to 12am.

1 Like

Re: Does Fasting Really Starts By 12am? by sunnyt1(m): 10:01am On Jan 24, 2016
Fasting is a period of seclusion from the normal just to devote your time to God in prayer. You can set your personal time, 12am to 6pm is the time set by someone which your arent obliged to comform to
Re: Does Fasting Really Starts By 12am? by vosquare: 10:38am On Jan 24, 2016
Just need some verses to back it up
Re: Does Fasting Really Starts By 12am? by Penssuwa(m): 9:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
Do you know you can start from 12pm or may be from 6pm to 12pm for instance.
You can even fast on food only and drink water.
Your fasting could be on that thing you like so much. That thing you are almost addicted to.
Be it game, food, too much talking etc
Just understand that fasting is not just physical as it seems. Or just a mere strict physical process.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! / The Benefits Of Praising The Lord / Someone Should Please Explain 1 Cor 7:36 For Me, I'm Confused!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.