Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:42 AM

Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable (17897 Views)

Arms Deal: EFCC Traces Transfers To 11 Foreign Accounts In UK, US, Niger / $2b Arms Deal: EFCC Confronts Dasuki, Dokpesi & Co With Evidence Of Transactions / Remi Tinubu ‘Takes Over’ Ekweremadu’s Seat - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by Elose11(m): 5:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
A group known as Save The Nation Movement (STNM) wants Tukur Buratai, chief of army staff, to be included in the ongoing probe of abuse of funds meant for the procurement of arms.

Last week, President Muhammadu Buhari ordered the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to “carry out further investigation into the misconduct established against some retired and serving officers of the Nigeria air force and Nigerian army”.

Garba Shehu, senior special assistant to the president on media and publicity, who conveyed Buhari’s directive in a statement, explained that the committee established to audit the procurement of arms and equipment in the armed forces from 2007 to 2015, had recommended 20 serving and retired military personnel for probe.

They were listed as: “Air Chief Marshal AS ​Badeh (Rtd), Air Marshal ​MD ​Umar ​ (Rtd)Air Marshal​ Anice ​Amosu (Rtd), Maj-​Gen. ​ER ​Chioba (Rtd), AVM​​ IA​ Balogun (Rtd),AVM ​AG​ Tsakr ​ (Rtd), AVM​​ AG​ Idowu (Rtd), AVM ​AM ​Mamu, AVM ​OT ​Oguntoyinbo, AVM ​T ​Omenyi, AVM ​JB ​Adigun, AVM​​ RA ​Ojuawo, AVM ​​JA ​Kayode-Beckley, Air Cdre ​SA ​Yushau (Rtd), Air Cdre ​AO ​Ogunjobi, Air Cdre​ GMD ​Gwani, Air Cdre SO ​Makinde, Air Cdre AY ​Lassa​, Col ​​N ​Ashinze, and Lt Col. ​MS ​Dasuki (Rtd).”

But STNM wondered why Buratai, who was said to be the director of procurement between 2012 and 2015, was excluded.

“Major General Tukur Buratai was appointed director of procurement DHQ in 2012, a position he held until May 2015 that he was appointed force commander of the Multinational Joint Task Force (MJTNF), an appointment he held till he became chief of army staff,” Steven Chilaka, national secretary of the movement, said in a statement issued on Sunday.

“As director of public procurement at the DHQ, all procurements by the military between 2012 and May 2015 passed through his office. Our question is; how can you probe procurement of arms within this period without the involvement of Major General Buratai, the man who was the director of procurement?

“Curiously too, only retired and serving officers of the Nigerian Air Force were said to have been indicted.

“Was the army being excluded from this probe to save Major General Buratai? Or Could procurements have been made without his involvement during the period that he was Director of Procurement?

“Definitely, it won’t be funny if President Muhammadu Buhari’s fight against corruption is also selective against the military as it already appears to be against the political class and the president must look into this obvious case of selective probe as a matter of urgency.”
https://www.thecable.ng/buratai-from-arms-probe

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by StepTwo: 5:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
this is a good point being raised, i also wondered why the army was not in anyway indicted in the arms purchase scandal too.

well, now we have to watch out.

maybe Dasuki hated the army that He refused to give their of share of the yam.

btw, cr77 and him gay partner, why una d mention me anyhow?

11 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by AngryNigerian(m): 5:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
If Buratai must be probed, then can we extend it to all the past & serving military generals...#YeyeDeSmell

It has been #Angry#Nigerian

...and I'm just here to say the #Truth

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by Firefire(m): 5:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
“As director of public procurement at the DHQ, all procurements by the military between 2012 and May 2015 passed through his (Burantai's) office.

Our question is; how can you probe procurement of arms within this period without the involvement of Major General Buratai, the man who was the director of procurement?

Wonderful!

If the fight against corrupt must be won, no stone must be left unturned.

EFCC, Probe Gen. Burantai NOW!

119 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by miqos02(m): 5:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
oo
Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by CR77(f): 5:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
And how did you know that you are saying the truth cool
AngryNigerian:
If Buratai must be probed, then can we extend it to all the past & serving military generals...#YeyeDeSmell
It has been #Angry#Nigerian
...and I'm just here to say the #Truth

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by oluwasegun007(m): 5:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
StepTwo:
op, where ur source?

are u kidding me....

8 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by CR77(f): 5:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
grin grin
StepTwo:
op, where ur source?

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by APCcrimesHD: 5:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
grin

Let's see the kinda style the zombies will use in defending this..

grin

37 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by DropShot: 5:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
But someone must have been indicted before calling for his prosecution nah.

Supporters of corruption doing everything and anything to fight back.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by sainty2k3(m): 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
i believe PMB ran a background check before choosing him, but if you have any proof ,that he was involved in any shady deal, show it

6 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by CR77(f): 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
grin grin
oluwasegun007:

are. kidding me....

Correct yarn lipsrsealed
ajepako:
Apparently, you dont know that burantashi is buhari's anointed son
So, cannot and will not be probed
Only PDP and GEJ dey receive EFCC heat..
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by cooljoe13: 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
Vv
Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by whisper88(m): 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
Year of probe....
Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by Integrityfarms(m): 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
No need to probe him. Once you are in APC or one of PMB henchmen, you are a saint.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by GBELLs: 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
Firefire:
“As director of public procurement at the DHQ, all procurements by the military between 2012 and May 2015 passed through his (Burantai's) office.

Our question is; how can you probe procurement of arms within this period without the involvement of Major General Buratai, the man who was the director of procurement?

Wonderful!
The probe so far has only covered the Airforce, they haven't gotten to the Army or Navy just yet that's why you'll notice there are only Airforce officers mentioned so far.

3 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by looseweight: 5:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
If you are not in APC, you are not safe.

No Wonder everyone is moving to the party just to evade prosecution.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by braine(m): 5:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
I see very valid points. There must be no sacred cow in this administration.

20 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by TheNextAce: 5:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
Buhari over to you...
Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by godwinkessi: 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
U
Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by ajepako(f): 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
Apparently, you dont know that burantashi is buhari's anointed son

So, cannot and will not be probed

Only PDP and GEJ dey receive EFCC heat..

grin grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by silent10(m): 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
Jst got bk 4rm ban, dis mods sef i no no wetin i do wrong Person insult u & u insult am bk shey score don level

6 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by babafirst(m): 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
Firefire:

Wonderful!
Gen Buratai was just an innocent 'figure head' there abegi,we know the errand boys hopping from one country to another doing the 'fake' purchasing.Did PDP ever do anything according to the rules.

3 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by ajepako(f): 5:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
Integrityfarms:
No need to probe him. Once you are in APC or one of PMB henchmen, you are a saint.

Exactly... Six guilders for you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by mcmeffy(m): 5:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
He should be brought into the fray.

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by gunuvi(m): 5:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
Integrityfarms:
give this man 6 star lager

18 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by DirtyGold: 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
Probe anyone or anything probable! Just don't wast out time and resources on wild goose chase.

2 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by CR77(f): 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
Probe and Scam party in power cool
whisper88:
Year of probe....

5 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by whisper88(m): 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
silent10:
Jst got bk 4rm ban, dis mods sef i no no wetin i do wrong Person insult u & u insult am bk shey score don level
Can I insult u angry

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by farmer99: 5:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
let probe everybody including u, yes u

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hmmmm.... If the COAS was really the director of procurement, then there is a whole lot of sense in what this group says

8 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable by CR77(f): 5:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
grin No don't but probe he grin shocked shocked
whisper88:

Can I insult u angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

With Buhari’s Declaration, Let Other Candidates Simply Run Away, By Femi Adesina / Kaduna Voters Cast Their Votes Via Electronic Voting At El-Rufai's Unit / I Am Ready To Make Peace With APC - Uche Nwosu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.