Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,542 members, 7,929,762 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 10:04 PM

Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers (8736 Views)

Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash / Sort Codes For Nigerian Banks / GTB In Desperation To Rip Off Their Customers, Stops Online Trans On Savings A/c (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by Redman44(m): 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2009
@ lekan fayz

Lets get our complaints into the national media first and see what happens.

@ others

Please we need more ideas. Like I said before, I don't want any position. I was expecting to see more posts on this issue by now. Do we want the banks to take us for granted forever? Let me give you an example of what well structured and coordinated campaigns can achieve, mates. In England, the St Patrick's Day celebrations is held yearly at Trafalgar Square in London. There are almost 500,000 Irish people living in London. St Patrick's Day is the most popular festival celebrated in Britain's capital. Yet London is the capital of England, not Ireland. The English people started to feel being neglected by their government. This is because the London authorities spent good money celebrating the St Patrick's Day with the Mayor of London personally attending and giving a speech at the Irish Festival. We all know the rivalries between the English and the Irish [ IRA, Sein Fein et al ]

So what happened? Some English guys decided to take action. They designed an online poster and a petition calling for the St George's Day [ St George is the Patron Saint of England ] to be recognized and celebrated by the London authorities just like St Patrick's Day. The online petition was signed by millions of English people and the poster for the campaign was circulated through the internet. The Petition was then taken to Westminster and handed over to Government officials.

Lo and Behold, the Petition had some effect. The St George's Day was marked in a grand manner this year. The London councils and the British government spent money on the day and the day has been officially recognized. We need to start speaking collectively in Nigeria.

I need more ideas and people who are interested in this campaign. Lets show the banks that their attitude to their customers stink!! Things cannot continue like this. Cheers.
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by BoyBenny(m): 10:16pm On Jun 30, 2009
I gave out a cheque for a new apartment (1.65 million naira). After a few days, I had to block the cheque, as the apartment was no longer forth coming. I went to my bank (Zenith) and I was told that there is a charge for blocking a cheque. "How much is it?" I asked. I will have to pay 5% of the value of the cheque + 2% VAT on the 5%, all amounting to about 82,000 naira. Can you beat that? I decided it was cheaper to hunt the landlord and physically get my cheque back
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by leye1234(m): 10:23pm On Jun 30, 2009
[b][/b]I have an idea guys, keep your money under your freaking bed. One love grin
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by Redman44(m): 10:42pm On Jun 30, 2009
@Nairaland

Why was my third post blocked? shocked shocked I need some explanations, please. There was nothing inciting or improper about the post

@Naijacutee and FOD

Whats going on?

cheers.
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by sley4life(m): 11:34pm On Jun 30, 2009
use of atm, sms alert & more to rip ur as$ off
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by miksonics(m): 1:35am On Jul 01, 2009
abeg make we leave the banks alone , if you feel cheated go open bank make u drop 2 billion naira for central bank.the fact that i can withdraw my money from any branch, give ucheque to withdraw at any branch, pay my online bills and transfer foreign fund is enough. if they dont charge u for everything who will pay the workers wey i sure say one of your relative is among?

few years back when the system was not automated, we were complaining about our banking system not been modern, forgetting that it comes with a price.

abeg my brother and sisters make we leave them alone and pray for them make them no liquidate with our money one day.
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by bernieman(m): 4:30am On Jul 01, 2009
First Bank? They are experts in fraud. They debit your account twice or thrice whenever you withdraw certain amount of money with your ATM card. This has happened to me and two other friends that I know and I have filed a case against the bank, the manager is responding positively and has pleaded that they will pay because they don't want to go to court with anybody. If you have any situation you can establish a case against any pf the banks, please do and you will get results. Thay are all fraudstarrs. Goodluck.
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by ourland(m): 6:11am On Jul 01, 2009
It is not a strange thing any longer that banks in Nigeria use
unethical means of stealing customers money!

Take for instance a situation where #25 is deducted
from each customer every month, and such a bank
has up to 1,000,000 customer which could be more
than that, it means that such bank will have stollen
illegally #25,000,000 in a month!

What a cheat! The reason for this cheating is nothing
but ignorance on the part of the CUSTOMER,however
there is a way out.Yes I maen it, you can recover ALL
the excess charges from bank if you are willing.

Many are the unethical prcatice in the banks among which
include but not limited to the following:
1.Conflict of interest
2.Rounding off of figures
3.The use of salami technique
4.Insider Traiding which is against Section 615 and Section 620 of CAMA as amended
5.Acceptance of gift ect

In fact, BOFIA,CAMA and the law protect the interest of the customer
on this issue, but ignorance has been the bane of many people.

So, fellow nairalanders, if you are ready to STOP your bank from
stealing your hard earned income or you are ready to recover the
excess your bank had stolen from you.Take this simple action:

Send mail to: info@bankexcesscharges.com
Subject : Solution

Trust me, you will get it!!!
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by RuuDie(m): 6:33am On Jul 01, 2009
Don't ever make the mistake of opening an Intercontinental Bank current account - it ain't COT free.
They charge for just about every transaction that the account is involved in. . . . . worst of all, they will not tell you all this when you're opening it; instead they will barrage you with a load of documents in short, your death sentence grin to endorse in a couple of minutes; papers that will take a lawyer will take ages to figure out!
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by Redman44(m): 7:33am On Jul 01, 2009
@Mikesonics

Nigerian Banks do not have to rob their customers to pay their workers. They should look for innovative ways of making money. A good number of them use the money we keep in their vaults to engage in commercial activities anyway. They should not be allowed to keep fleecing Nigerians. Nigerians have consistently failed to demand for their rights and that is why we are treated badly by various organizations in the country. We need collective action, please. This siddon look attitude to different issues affecting us will have a adverse effect to generations of unborn Nigerians.

Lets do something for thos ewho have not opened bank accounts now. Cheers.
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by DoubleN(m): 7:52am On Jul 01, 2009
One of the most greedy banks to me is Zenith bank.Despite the fact that the y collect a ridiculous amount of money just to open an ordinary savings account,they still go ahead to charge you #200 for every payment made to your account outside where your account is domiciled!Crazy if you ask me in this era of online banking.I might as well have received cash through NIPOST!
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by Ccomputers(m): 8:25am On Jul 01, 2009
DIAMOND BANK dont and since 5yrs now hasnt played any game with my act.

They are the best bank right now cos GTB who claims to be the best deducts money from one's act as atm withdrawal.

UBA Is my head ache as If God will strike them for me i will thank him.
They deduct 105 each time i withdraw with my slip and also 100 for atm even though they said they have stoped it lately its stil there.

ONE day I will run and leave the act for them

Thanks a lot Nigerians
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by hydroking23(m): 8:31am On Jul 01, 2009
Skye Bank levies charges against you for even contemplating to make a transaction with them.

My recommendations are GTB and Zenith. I have a dorm acct with them and overseas transfers are quick and easy and there is no B.S.
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by maruchi(m): 8:55am On Jul 01, 2009
@ Topic,

Redman has got a point. we shud stop bullshittin progressive moves by positive minds and work collectively to solve our problem. Bloggers on NL, pls open a blog and post its link on NL so we can forge ahead, No negativities intended,we shudnt fail the unborn generation.
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by Redman44(m): 9:11am On Jul 01, 2009
@maruchi

I feel you, mate. I'm going out now. I will be back around 6pm. I intend to open an email account where I will receive mails from Nairalanders interested in this campaign. Cheers.
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by itumama: 9:21am On Jul 01, 2009
UBA's Charging is outrageous.
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by Nezan(m): 9:26am On Jul 01, 2009
itumama:

UBA's Charging is outrageous.
I wonder. We need to cry out.
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by chyk91(m): 9:49am On Jul 01, 2009
I use skye bank nd i av nt noticed any funny charges
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by taryour(f): 9:52am On Jul 01, 2009
i heard som1 says zenith is detailed.na lie b dat.zenith charge u N65 for withdrawing on dere ATM also charge you N200 for either withdrawing or deposting from outside ur branch,mayb na uptown or upfront dem dey call am.i think GTB has the least of all these charges.
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by overall: 10:23am On Jul 01, 2009
Very interesting. This will really expose different banks abnormal charges. It is because of this same indiscriminate charges that made me to close my UBA account. I can't imagine N100 going out of my A/C every month in the name of ATm maintenance.
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by Nezan(m): 10:33am On Jul 01, 2009
chyk91:

I use skye bank,,,,,,,,,,,,, nt noticed any funny charges

r u sure?
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by pek(m): 10:45am On Jul 01, 2009
i will not advise my enemy to operate with UBA.
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by baron2000(m): 10:57am On Jul 01, 2009
Ccomputers:

DIAMOND BANK dont and since 5yrs now hasnt played any game with my act.

They are the best bank right now cos GTB who claims to be the best deducts money from one's act as atm withdrawal.

Thanks a lot Nigerians

how can some 1 tell such a big lie. i bank with GTBANK and they don't charge when u use ur gtb ATM. i operate with 4 banks and have abandoned most of them for gtb. it has saved me millions in transaction cost. clients pay into my current, i transfer into my savings and cash across the counter. it saves me a lot of cost.

i tell you. GTB is a very wonderful bank. my ATM got missing and it was replaced within 5 working days. the customer care called to say it was ready and i even got an email. their internet banking is flawless. all this without a single kobo deducted. they only charge for sms and COT when i decide to issue a cheque. the truth be told. gtb is the most customer and pocket friendly. nof said!!!
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by seyenko(m): 11:07am On Jul 01, 2009
I am a banker, and i am fully aware of customers complaint - picture this, is it very difficult to run a business successfully in Nigeria. For instance to run an ATM we need to put an inverter, a stabilizer, a surge protector etc. You pay your service provider to maintain the equipments, you pay a service provider that provides a telecommunication link to head office. Most times you need 2 service providers because the link could go down so u need to switch to the next. Basically, banks are just being innovative in their charges, however this charges will disappear if and only if Nigeria can generate enough clean electricity, the competition will force charges down because the over head cost of running an ATM or a branch will fall. Currently i spend a minimum of N5M on diesel on the smallest branch per month and we have 255 branches. Please do the maths, so we are not charging because we want to charge but we charge to stay afloat. Besides my bank is one of the top 4 banks in the industry read yesterdays African Report or Punch. Thank you

Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by ReachRich(m): 11:12am On Jul 01, 2009
Am really being educated as i read the various post from different members of this forum. Right now i bank with Diamond bank and i can say that they are good. they dont charge u for paying or withdrawing money from outside ur branch.
The worst of the Banks is UBA.Although my brother works there,it wont make me to paint them white when they are red.I was formerly banking with them but i had to withdraw all my money from them when my friend connived with one of their staffs to check my account balance. My friend then came to me to borrow him money which i  refused telling him that i have no money.The guy then showed me the exact amount i had in my acct.My friend left angrily for lying to him.I later got to know that it was a UBA staff that gave him my acct balance.So guys i think we need to make our voices to be heard by some these THIEVES posing as our GUARDIAN ANGELS. cool
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by JJYOU: 11:22am On Jul 01, 2009
seyenko:

I am a banker, and i am fully aware of customers complaint - picture this, is it very difficult to run a business successfully in Nigeria. For instance to run an ATM we need to put an inverter, a stabilizer, a surge protector etc. You pay your service provider to maintain the equipments, you pay a service provider that provides a telecommunication link to head office. Most times you need 2 service providers because the link could go down so u need to switch to the next. Basically, banks are just being innovative in their charges, however this charges will disappear if and only if Nigeria can generate enough clean electricity, the competition will force charges down because the over head cost of running an ATM or a branch will fall. Currently i spend a minimum of N5M on diesel on the smallest branch per month and we have 255 branches. Please do the maths, so we are not charging because we want to charge but we charge to stay afloat. Besides my bank is one of the top 4 banks in the industry  read yesterdays African Report or Punch. Thank you
nigerians  generally have something for nothing mindset so ignore the complaints.  
ReachRich:

Am really being educated as i read the various post from different members of this forum. Right now i bank with Diamond bank and i can say that they are good. they dont charge u for paying or withdrawing money from outside ur branch.
The worst of the Banks is UBA.Although my brother works there,it wont make me to paint them white when they are red.I was formerly banking with them but i had to withdraw all my money from them when my friend connived with one of their staffs to check my account balance. My friend then came to me to borrow him money which i  refused telling him that i have no money.The guy then showed me the exact amount i had in my acct.My friend left angrily for lying to him.I later got to know that it was a UBA staff that gave him my acct balance.So guys i think we need to make our voices to be heard by some these THIEVES posing as our GUARDIAN ANGELS. cool
i am generally a defender of all things UBA i cant defend this. i used to get calls from some staff from being driven out by landlords and not able to pay school fees name it. i dont know why they attract people like this. i think it is all part of being nigerians. it is very sad.

GTB is a good bank too.
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by yommyflo(m): 11:37am On Jul 01, 2009
GUYZ AFRI BANK AND GTBANK ARE THE BEST FOR NOW, , I MEAN NO HIDDEN CHARGES
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by ScanLess: 12:20pm On Jul 01, 2009
pls how good is Afribank they are starting a branch in my neighbourhood, might want to switch to them for proximity
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by omooloye1(f): 12:39pm On Jul 01, 2009
Diamond Bank rocks.No hidden charges,easy and effecient transaction
of business.You can withdraw to zero balance,courteous staff etc

Diamond Bank is the most reliable bank in Nigeria presently
Bank with them and experience peace
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by JJYOU: 1:09pm On Jul 01, 2009
omo oloye:

Diamond Bank rocks.No hidden charges,easy and effecient transaction
of business.You can withdraw to zero balance,courteous staff etc

Diamond Bank is the most reliable bank in Nigeria presently
Bank with them and experience peace
we are beginning to get bankers blowing their horns here.
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by disire: 1:17pm On Jul 01, 2009
[tr]UBA will charge you for even entering their bank premises. I no longer run my account with them. but guess what, my debt has increased. they keep sending me how much i owe them, i will soon go and pay

Oceanic Bank is very lose. Dont use ur ATM card on their machines or use their online transaction, sorry doesnt work, They seldome reward their customers. And u cant take all ur money from their dorm account[/table]

- i think i'll start keeping my money under the pillow or dig the ground as in the days of old grin
- UBA sad
Re: Games That Nigerian Banks Play To Rip Their Customers by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2009
imagine diamond bank charging me 5% service charge on money above 200,000 in a disa accoun they ripped my 40000 plus got my bro who a lawyer to deal with it naija banks crazy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria / Picture Gallery Of Modern Home Improvement Materials You Can Get In Nigeria / Steemit.com A Chance To Financinal Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.