Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,529 members, 7,892,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 07:15 AM

Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ (9031 Views)

Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? / Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? / Why Did Allah Save Jesus From Death But Allowed Muhammad To Eat Poison? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by Annunaki(m): 6:06pm On Jan 30, 2016
bashsani:
let me make it simpler for u. Did Christianity abolish slavery? Yes or no. If yes, when?

Christianity at it's core was not a political religion like islam that made laws. Christianity taught moral laws for the good of mankind and as you can clearly see slave trade does not conform with the number one christian law of loving others the way you love yourself.
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by bashsani(m): 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2016
Annunaki:

Christianity at it's core was not a political religion like islam that made laws. Christianity taught moral laws for the good of mankind and as you can clearly see slave trade does not conform with the number one christian law of loving others the way you love yourself.
religion is away of life, it should be able to answer all human problems whether political, economical,social etc if christianity cannot profound it's own laws then it should not hide behind fascism, communism, democracy, autocracy etc so that it followers won't be at loss.
You are never faithful if u don't love for others what you love for your selves- Muhammad (SAW) . Is this enough an evidence? No. There was slavery during the time of Jesus (Peace and blessing of Allah be upon Him) if there is no verse from the bible abolishing it, then verily the bible and christianity is not against it. What are u even talking about ,why silent on slavery when you cannot separate missionary movements from slavery. I beg research if you don't know

1 Like

Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by Annunaki(m): 6:59pm On Jan 30, 2016
bashsani:
religion is away of life, it should be able to answer all human problems whether political, economical,social etc if christianity cannot profound it's own laws then it should not hide behind fascism, communism, democracy, autocracy etc so that it followers won't be at loss.
You are never faithful if u don't love for others what you love for your selves- Muhammad (SAW) . Is this enough an evidence? No. There was slavery during the time of Jesus (Peace and blessing of Allah be upon Him) if there is no verse from the bible abolishing it, then verily the bible and christianity is not against it. What are u even talking about ,why silent on slavery when you cannot separate missionary movements from slavery. I beg research if you don't know

Going by your analogy, islam has not been able to solve one single human problem, rather islam has created a lot of problems for mankind. Secondly if you follow the christian law to love others as you love yourself, you will not enslave anybody and thirdly there is no correlation btw missionary movement and slavery no matter how much you try to twist history. If anything at all, it was christian missionaries that were at the fore front of the fight to abolish slavery.
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by bashsani(m): 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
Annunaki:

Going by your analogy, islam has not been able to solve one single human problem, rather islam has created a lot of problems for mankind. Secondly if you follow the christian law to love others as you love yourself, you will not enslave anybody and thirdly there is no correlation btw missionary movement and slavery no matter how much you try to twist history. If anything at all, it was christian missionaries that were at the fore front of the fight to abolish slavery.
bring forward any evidence from any christian during the time of jesus or after against slavery, somebody directly or indirectly must have a view on slavery, if u cannot then both islam and Christianity are not against slavery. Islam at least as I stated safe guided their interest not even to mention the number of slaves it freed since a lot of misdeeds were punishable by freeing slaves. Pls if you cannot come with a clear evidence on the stance of christianity on slavery then my argument is not for you, I request you should leave me with the op who is an atheist. We can always debate on other issues.thank you
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by unphilaz(m): 7:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
mustymatic:

So now America n Germany are Christians
after all they went ahead to legalise same sex wicking n u guys said they wia not

Bros... same sex i dont advocate it but humanly speaking is not as ugly as slave rap.e which if you watch that video by a woman, is so disgusting.

1 Like

Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by Weah96: 2:29am On Jan 31, 2016
unphilaz:

ok how many bishops/pastors at the level of this oldie, are encouraging christians to war and have sxx with captured women...

I don't know, but it doesn't matter. The Bible agreed with Mohammed about the fate of virgins who were captured in war. They were to be kept as sex slaves. That's my point. I'm not here to defend Islam or Mohammed.
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by Nobody: 2:39am On Jan 31, 2016
Ra.pe is not permitted in Islam.
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by malvisguy212: 7:08am On Jan 31, 2016
Weah96:

I don't know, but it doesn't matter. The Bible agreed with Mohammed about the fate of virgins who were captured in war. They were to be kept as sex slaves. That's my point. I'm not here to defend Islam or Mohammed.
liar. The bible never supported sex slave.
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 31, 2016
malvisguy212:
Deuteronomy 22:28-29

“If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 31, 2016
malvisguy212:

Murder Rape and Pillage (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 31, 2016
Rape of Female Captives (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

“When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive’s garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion.”
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 31, 2016
Sex Slaves (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she

does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to

sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl’s owner arranges

for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he

himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her

as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.

(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 31, 2016
God Assists Rape and Plunder (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the

nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city

shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city. (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by malvisguy212: 7:27am On Jan 31, 2016
hockeyoilers:

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

“If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days
is the woman a slave ?

Not All laws in the old testament apply to christians.

Exodus 22:16-17 “If a man seduces a
virgin who is not betrothed and lies with
her, he shall give the bride price for her
and make her his wife. If her father
utterly refuses to give her to him, he
shall pay money equal to the bride price for virgins."
Together, these passages clearly state
that if a man has sex with a virgin who is not betrothed (regardless of whether or not it was rape or consensual) he is
obliged to marry her. He should have
sought her father's permission first,her father is ultimately in authority over her, as her head, until he hands this
authority over to her husband. negotiated a bride-price, and taken her
as his wife. Because he did not, he is
punished for this, he now must pay up
(he can't opt out any more) and marry
her (which could be a major punishment in itself if this was a foolish,
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 31, 2016
malvisguy212:
is the woman a slave ?

Not All laws in the old testament apply to christians.

Exodus 22:16-17 “If a man seduces a
virgin who is not betrothed and lies with
her, he shall give the bride price for her
and make her his wife. If her father
utterly refuses to give her to him, he
shall pay money equal to the bride price for virgins."
Together, these passages clearly state
that if a man has sex with a virgin who is not betrothed (regardless of whether or not it was rape or consensual) he is
obliged to marry her. He should have
sought her father's permission first,her father is ultimately in authority over her, as her head, until he hands this
authority over to her husband. negotiated a bride-price, and taken her
as his wife. Because he did not, he is
punished for this, he now must pay up
(he can't opt out any more) and marry
her (which could be a major punishment in itself if this was a foolish,

Dang I never seen anyone back peddle so fast.
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by mustymatic(m): 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
malvisguy212:
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she
will not be freed at the end of six years as the
men are. If she
does not please the man who bought her, he may
allow her to be bought back again. But he is not
allowed to
sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who
broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl’s
owner arranges
for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat
her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his
daughter. If he
himself marries her and then takes another wife,
he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to
sleep with her
as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways,
she may leave as a free woman without making
any payment.
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by Newnas(m): 1:03am On Feb 26, 2016
sex with war captives is very different from sex with prostitutes, servants or rape.

In the case of war captives it is a punishment for them. The commander has a right to distribute them, ransom them or setting them free.

The male captives can also be ransomed or distributed depending on the discretion of the commander and in case of treason they may be killed.

The Syrians are not war captives and even Islam wouldn't have taken such displaced people as slaves rather they would be given accommodation.

This is not peculiar to Islam alone rather it is the path of the Prophets before us as been proven before by many verses from your distorted book.

Even Hajar was Abraham's slave and she bore a blessed son for him. So if you wish contradict the path of the righteous predecessors -like you always do -because of some pagan atheist western methodology.

This humiliation is a reward for their crime against the divine monotheistic creed in this world, and a more severe punishment awaits them in the hereafter!

So, repent from worshipping other than the God of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus the Lord of the world who Muhammad alyhissolaat wassalaam also worshipped. Do not associate partners with Him lest you spend your eternity in hell.
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by seggzz(m): 11:12am On Feb 27, 2016
bashsani:
Mr segz I hail you, good work but u missed the important texts in your quoted verse.
Slavery has been in existence before the advent of islam which both islam and Christianity did not abolish. Slaves were mostly seen as sex and work machines with no rule of law preserving their liberty. In the context of the verse u quoted "which your right hand possessed" we can deduce the following
1. That a slave was only owned by her owner
2. He was the only one permitted to have her canal knowledge expect if one is willing to pay her bride price of which from then it is unlawful to have any sexual relationship
3. That it is unlawful to use her or force her into prostitution
So from the points above islam was tryimg to protct the rights of slaves in an islamic society.
My question here is mr atheist what was the stance of Christianity and atheism on slavery 1400 years ago. Thank you
I was banned from commenting on this thread. I don't know the reasons.

On your question, the stance of free thinkers on slavery is liberation. We want liberation of people from mental and religious slavery. Religion has been a cancer in our society. It has sent people to their early grave. Check on daily Islamic terrorism and Christian hidden crusades.

Free thinkers has been sensitizing the world about the evils of religion such as gender inequality, slavery and so on. For example, you will see an Islamic woman locked inside a room just for religion.

My questions for you are these;
(1). Who were the people who Instituted slavery in the first place? Were they free thinkers?
(2). How was African slaves captured? Was it only by weapons?
(3). What was the main aim of the first missionary in Africa? I mean missionaries who came before the capture of Ajayi Crowther. Was there mission only to preach only the gospel?

(4). Did you know how that the king of Belgium during slavery era was a Christian? Did you know the strategy he uses the Bible for? And many more!!!

The world of today would be peaceful without religion, bet me.
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by Weah96: 12:25am On Mar 02, 2016
I watched a movie recently starring Donnie Yen, I believe it is called The Return of Chen Zhen or something. Anyway it recounts the story of the first Chinese revolution organized by Sun Yat Sen. It turns out that Sun Yat Sen was attracted to Christianity while studying in the US and his family, fearing that he would be brainwashed, sent him to Hong Kong.

What I found interesting was the nationalist sentiment of the Chinese. They believe in their heritage, which is why every Chinese Muslim or Christian also practices Chinese folk religion.

Africans did the exact opposite. We fell for the foreign religions because they carry the promise of SWEET earthly rewards in the afterlife. The foreign god either rewards the African with p)ussy, or he's giving out gold and other "precious" stones.
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by nativefowl(m): 3:44am On Mar 04, 2016
Do you All pass through this rules of nairaland before comment in?. My question is mr seggz how did solomon came about his concubines in your bible? And secondly your bible condoles rape even on a higher level read deutronomy 22:28-29.
Re: Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ by nativefowl(m): 4:15am On Mar 04, 2016
Mr seggz if you are not a christian then what do you subscribe to?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Love Charm (halal And Haram) / Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story / Reflect On These Quran Verses Anytime You Want To Commit A Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.