Stats: 3,168,818 members, 7,872,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:00 PM

Tolu Ogunlesi Denies Writing For Economics which called GEJ Ineffectual Buffoon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tolu Ogunlesi Denies Writing For Economics which called GEJ Ineffectual Buffoon (473 Views)

''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' / Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" / THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Tolu Ogunlesi Denies Writing For Economics which called GEJ Ineffectual Buffoon by chiddysblog: 9:27am On Jan 30, 2016
Sequel to today, there has been allegations pointing out that journalist and creative writer, Tolu Ogunlesi allegedly co-authored an article, by The Economist, which labeled Nigeria’s former president, Goodluck Jonathan, an ineffectual buffoon. The article also described President Buhari’s approach to dealing with Nigeria’s economic challenges as “crude.”

The article which attracted the condemnation from many Nigerians, saw The Economist trending for hours in the Nigerian social media space.

Tolu minutes ago has taken to his twitter to deny all allegations, he said “I'm surprised and amused by the allegations that I wrote or contributed to the Economist 'ineffectual buffoon' piece. I did not. While flattered to be associated with the Economist, whose literary style I immensely admire, I cannot claim ANY credit for that piece. I am not and have never been one to be anonymous when making journalistic comments about people. I do not hide behind anonymity . I will be sending a letter to the online publication that fabricated the allegation, asking for a retraction and a public apology. Moral of the Story: beware of rumours that cause those who fall for them to tweet like ineffectual buffoons.”

See his tweets below

https://chiddyez..com/2016/01/tolu-ogunlesi-denies-writing-for.html

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Denies Writing For Economics which called GEJ Ineffectual Buffoon by Bevista: 9:29am On Jan 30, 2016
Finally!
---
I guess the new trick now is to conjecture and accuse someone falsely. If he doesn't refute the accusation, then he is guilty.
---
Never heard of Tolu Ogunlesi till now. I can imagine waking up to find that his detractors just gave him celebrity status overnight. Enjoy your moment of fame bro!

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Denies Writing For Economics which called GEJ Ineffectual Buffoon by samchem(m): 9:35am On Jan 30, 2016
I knew dis was coming#second to comment and new here...make una welcome me abeg
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Denies Writing For Economics which called GEJ Ineffectual Buffoon by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 30, 2016
lying to his gullible followers
lalasticala might be one of his fans
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Denies Writing For Economics which called GEJ Ineffectual Buffoon by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 30, 2016
why won't he deny it, when he has realized how stupid he was! BTW he's asking for an apology! GEJ never demanded that!
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Denies Writing For Economics which called GEJ Ineffectual Buffoon by Mynd44: 10:01am On Jan 30, 2016

(1)

EFCC Invades Former VP Sambo’s Office In Search Of Evidence To Nail Jonathan / EFCC And Federal Government Answer Us / Predictions 2016