Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,734 members, 7,882,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 07:32 AM

Penastory: Loves Me? Loves Me Not? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Penastory: Loves Me? Loves Me Not? (497 Views)

She Loves Me But I'm not Sure I Do Love Her / Photos Of The Artificial Sex Doll 'samantha', That Has Emotions And Loves Touch / Bloody Fight Between Two Loves - Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Penastory: Loves Me? Loves Me Not? by Abisoyee(m): 12:32pm On Feb 02, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/02/02/loves-me-loves-me-not-pancho-wealth/

Being sure if a someone loves you enough for you to say YES or NO to a marriage proposal isn’t something to guess or play games about. Last week, I was out with a friend when she told me that her boyfriend had just proposed to her and she wasn’t sure if to say YES or NO due to the fact that within their three years of dating, he has cheated four times which leaves her with the big question of whether he really loves her enough for her to say YES or NO. I asked my friend what she intended doing about the proposal, and here was what she had to say.

“I am so confused, I tried playing the common ‘he loves me? he loves me not?’ game but it keeps telling me that he does. But deep down I know he doesn’t. This gets me more confused on how a person decides to marry a person he or she doesn’t love.”

I laughed and then told her exactly what I am about to tell you. There are signs which a person will show that will let you to know if they really love you or not. There are so many of them but I wouldn’t want to bore you with so I would discuss just a few.

See if they can be their true selves around you. Part of being loved means being completely open to the other person. If you find yourself seeing a whole different side that the person doesn’t show the public then that may be love. If the man you are with is pretty serious or polite in public but when you are alone, he shows his goofy and silly side completely then he is really opening up to you and loves you.

If the person shares their deepest emotions with you and is comfortable with it, then that’s love. If the person is comfortable not looking perfect, tripping, or having food stuck in their teeth around you, that means they are okay if you see every side there is to them.

See if they talk about your future together like it’s a given. If someone you are dating really loves you, then the idea of you being in their future is an absolute given, not something that would ever have to bring anxiety or uncertainty. If he routinely talks about what you are going to do in the future, about what your lives will look like one, two, or even ten years in the future together then he is probably in love with you. True commitment means seeing a forever with another person. If the person talks about the future and always includes you in it, there is a good chance you are truly loved. If she talks about what your kids will look like, where you will retire together or where you will go for your honeymoon, it may be true love.

See if the person says “I love you” and means it. Remember that there’s a big difference between “Love ya!” and “I love you.” If your special someone really loves you and tells you this much while looking into your eyes, sounds earnest and not wanting anything from you, then it is likely that they really mean what they are saying. If the person undeniably loves you, then they will say it for no reason at all not just because they needs a favour or because it feels like the right thing to say.

See if they truly value your opinion. If the person truly loves you, then they will care about what you think whether it’s about the new pair of shoes you just got or the political situation in the country. If they really love you, your advice and opinions would matter whether it is on big or small matters. They may feel self-conscious about asking for your opinion but they will do it because they love you. Note that they don’t have to ask for your opinion on everything; only the things that really matter.

See if they know when to give you space. If the person truly loves you, then they will not only want to be around you a lot but also know when to give you space and do your own thing. If the person wants to be around you all the time, then that’s not love; it’s infatuation. As love matures, two people will realize that they still need to do things separately to maintain their own identities. If the person wants to be around you every waking moment then that may be more of a sign of that person’s insecurities than true love.

Understanding is key. True love is true understanding. Though it sounds lame, the person should really “get” you in order to love you. If the person actually understands your moods, knows what you want and what you don’t want, and has an idea of what will make you happy before you may know it yourself then that may be true love. It’s okay if part of you remains mysterious to the person, you don’t have to be understood 100% but you do have to have the sense that the other person truly understands where you are coming from most of the time.

See if they truly support you. If someone truly loves you, then they will not only be there for the fun times but be there to help you achieve your goals and move forward in your life. They will be your greatest cheerleaders and will be there in the bleachers during your soccer game. They will be there to see you defend your thesis, and be very sure to give you a ride to your job interview. They will always be there whenever you want to talk about something that means a lot to you. They support you to achieve your goals and pursue your interests even these goals and interest has nothing to do with theirs.

See if they want the best for you even if it isn’t the best for them. If a person truly loves you, then they will understand that there are some things that you have to do that may not be the best for them or may mean that you will be spending some time apart. If they truly love you, then they will understand that you have to spend a summer on a remote island to pursue your career in marine biology or that you have to go home early to get enough sleep for a test instead of spending the night out. If the person only wants what’s best for both of you at all times, then they are not really seeing you as a unique individual with your own needs and desires.

Find more relationship tips on www.penastory.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Penastory: Loves Me? Loves Me Not? by cruzita(f): 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2016
why marry someone u don't love and who doesn't love u .very risky
Re: Penastory: Loves Me? Loves Me Not? by vault(m): 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2016
*follow your heart* in Phil Collins voice
Re: Penastory: Loves Me? Loves Me Not? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
I agree with this a hundred percent smiley smileybless you op kiss

(1) (Reply)

Will You Report Your Dad To Your Mum If You See Him With Another Woman? / My Younger Sister Of 17 Romances Me- What Should I Do? / You Can Overcome Your Addictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.