Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,916 members, 7,969,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 02:32 PM

What Is The BIN Database? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The BIN Database? (489 Views)

So Bad Woman 'aborts' Triplets, Dumps Them At Bin Site | Photos 18+ / Little Boy Captured Scavenging For Food From Waste Bin Smiles In New Photo / Download The Phone Number Database Of Over 50 Million Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The BIN Database? by Darion9021: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
BIN database stands in the center of the process of any online transaction. It is the primary information based on which a business is able to verify the authenticity of a payment received from its customer. BIN database holds information such as the name of the bank issuing a credit or debit card, the country in which the card was issued, the type of the card. The extent of the information on a BIN database can vary and the companies should buy a suitable database to match their requirement.

What businesses are looking for in a BIN database is mainly accuracy, relevance, dependency and cost-effectiveness. Like any other product, it would not be a worthwhile investment if BIN database is unable to reduce fraudulent transactions for the company. When a customer makes a payment using a credit card, debit card or prepaid card, the card number is verified to make sure that the payment made is genuine and to ensure that the specified amount will in fact be credited to the account of the business. The process of verification is done by running the BIN number, i.e the first six digits that appear on the credit, debit or prepaid card through a BIN database.
The BIN is a unique number, which identifies the bank that issued the card, the country in which it is issued etc. A good BIN database should cover well over a thousand banks and hold a large number of BIN records. A small BIN database may not be able to validate all the payments, making the entire exercise quite futile. BIN database should also be up to date, otherwise it cannot be useful. There are free online BIN databases available, however a well developed, professional BIN database can go a long way in saving money for the company by reducing the incidents of fraudulent transactions.
Re: What Is The BIN Database? by tyav7: 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
Toh! Na who I go ask?

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump And Pope Francis ‘nominated For Nobel Peace Prize’ / I Need Help On How To Apply For USA Visa By Myself!! / It’s Govt Duty To Ensure Success Of Indigenous Firms — Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.