Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,788 members, 7,875,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:31 AM

Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues (24134 Views)

Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT / Judgement In Saraki’s Appeal Adjourned Indefinitely / Amaechi’s Letter To Saraki Lacks Merit, Says PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by Pesuzok(m): 11:52am On Feb 05, 2016
Arch1:
It further shows how twisted and confused they are. They want to break away from Nigeria and at the same time they want ''their son'' to retain the position of the Deputy Senate President of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by Dexema(m): 11:53am On Feb 05, 2016
Rexceedo:
I predicted the outcome when I saw Justice Samuel Walter Presides.
This piece threw Joseph Daodu counsel to Saraki off balance;

"....the CCT is a court of criminal jurisdiction, albeit limited jurisdiction. The immediate question whether it is a court or not. There is no inherent difference between a court and a tribunal. The only difference is that tribunal in most cases handle Special cases. The tribunal has power to impose sanctions according to the law. It is a court with specific criminal jurisdiction.
..... I find no merit in the appeal, it is hereby DISMISS"

Two option is left for him either he resigns honourable or will be ejected legally...!!!
#rep042AcharaLayout!
I dey feel u ma niccur....this one na second leg of yampions league semi final.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by TimeManager(m): 11:54am On Feb 05, 2016
What a feel- good-news. Wailers got a free invite to come wail for me at the club tonight.
The truth has spoken!

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by Nairadays: 11:55am On Feb 05, 2016
davodyguy:
Interesting.

The supreme court justices have been receiving lots of 'backlashes' from Nigerians over their recent judgments on election petitions.

They needed to do something to appease Nigerians. So they
1) Very early in the morning before 11;00am delivered Judgment
2) Delivered a judgement 'for Nigerians' now instead of 'against' Nigerians.

Its a case of trying to save face

lobatan

Don't mind them; mtcheww

God frowns at denial of Justice more than anything.

The nation suffers for that type of sin.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by seunmsg(m): 11:55am On Feb 05, 2016
Firefire:

You ?

Wait, I dey come...

Come quick o, before you start seeing Tinubu in your dreams again.

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by gigabyte13: 11:56am On Feb 05, 2016
Saraki is a scam and a shame. Imagine what he went to challenge at the supreme court "the composition of the tribunal and if it can entertain criminal cases" chai

Let him go to the tribunal and start quoting the law since he knows the law more than the court. Saraki, will be the first casualty of the change mantra ahead of sir metuh.

8 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by olatade(m): 11:56am On Feb 05, 2016
If you believe you are innocent why seek court stoppage of your trial? Saraki must dance to the tone of the law. CCT should take it from here without delay. Corruption is evil

8 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 05, 2016
Let's hear what APC national chairman, Oyegun
, will say about this development. Are we still going to prove the Supreme Court judge(s)?
Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by MabraO: 11:59am On Feb 05, 2016
Over 150+ viewers but just 72 comments
Where re d wailing wailers y aren't them wailing

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by Christoskurion: 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2016
DONLEKAN:

You are thinking like the typical Nigerian mafia. If you touch one of us, we will come together to fight you. Truth is, with the way Baba kogbebe is going about his anti corruption campaign. you can't fault him. Many of those legislooters will rather align than fight the executive because they all have skeleton in their cupboard.
My dear,my opinion is just a speculative assertion drawn from some existing facts. As for this nation, her success is my earnest prayer.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by DONLEKAN: 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2016
Time for Saraki to dance nude in the market square. Omo this CCT trial go bloody. They will deal with him so much for wasting time and rig ma-rolling.

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by ngmgeek(m): 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2016
The apex court is finally doing what they are set up to do. Saraki should go to the trial and clear himself if he feels he is not guilty.
I stated before that Saraki and thugs like him are a major setback for whatever progressive agenda Buhari has for Nigeria.

For the last time SARAKI, go to CCT and clear yourself.

Finally, please don't mess with Tinubu or anyone who look like him again cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by babafirst(m): 12:02pm On Feb 05, 2016
seunmsg:
Good decision from the supreme court. Saraki will now have to defend himself before the CCT. No more silly games and hiding behind frivolous appeal, he must tell the tribunal how he acquired all those properties that belonged to him and why he refused to disclose some of them in his asset declaration form.

The wailers who have accused Buhari of shielding Saraki from prosecution can now eat their words. Buhari is a democrat who does not interfere in the judicial process. All corruption cases will be followed to its logical conclusions and justice will be done at the end of the day.
Loool,the wailers won't even have the conscience to accuse the Supreme Court of being biased after singing high praises of the Supreme court in the last couple of weeks and rollicking in the victory of PDP in Rivers and Akwa-Ibom.Except the booze they have been quaffing to celebrate the 2 'juicy' rulings in the last 2 weeks has cleared from their system,I don't see them wailing too much over this.Ask wailers today to pick between Rivers + Akwa-Ibom and Saraki victory and I bet you Saraki will be dumped.Saraki O-Y-O.

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by fortune1968: 12:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
I just dey laugh . Who says sai baba anti corruption war is a joke ? Where are the wailers ?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by DONLEKAN: 12:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
Christoskurion:
My dear,my opinion is just a speculative assertion drawn from some existing facts. As for this,nation her success is my earnest prayer.

We are together if all you want is the well being of the nation. That said, I think sons and daugthers of Mr nobody should support PMB in his fight against corruption because we have all been taking punches from these reckless rulers for ages.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by Firefire(m): 12:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
seunmsg:

Come quick o, before you start seeing Tinubu in your dreams again.

Na your friend jare, no vex...

See his comment:

BEFORE

Sanchez01:
With the Rivers and Akwa Ibom "victory", I'd say the Supreme court is cheaper to buy than other courts in the country. However, Friday is just some hours away. I don't trust the Supreme court in any way. Let's just hope the apex court will not halt proceedings at this point.

AFTER

Sanchez01: A step in the right direction. Oya, Saraki should return to the CCT and let our probe begin with peace. The Supreme Court is no haven for Saraki to run to. It has begun.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by DONLEKAN: 12:07pm On Feb 05, 2016
Sa-ra-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki............. grin tongue

Da-su-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-............ grin lipsrsealed cry

Both will be roomates in Kiri-kiri maximum prison.

For say na me be Saraki or Dasuki, I for don pick room inside kirikiri maximum prison. At least they can get a room that does not have too many bed bugs. Now we still have rooms with bug density of not more that 500 per square meter. Jump as it while the offer last. My 2 cents.

Another good advice for me when he gets home, he should take Afatan, awopa. Jedi and Opa eyin very well, thereafter he should beat his wife's ponmo very well because he won't be getting non of those in the foreseeable future.

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by babafirst(m): 12:07pm On Feb 05, 2016
MabraO:
Over 150+ viewers but just 72 comments
Where re d wailing wailers y aren't them wailing
Looooool,they are viewing and wailing in silence.The booze from celebrating the 2 juicy rulings of Rivers and Akwa-Ibom never clear from their eyes.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by TimeManager(m): 12:08pm On Feb 05, 2016
Danladi can't wait to finish off saraki with brutality. Going back to appear before the judge you went all out to pull down. Can't wait.
The truth has spoken!

8 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by babafirst(m): 12:10pm On Feb 05, 2016
Firefire:

See his comment:
BEFORE

AFTER

Lol,who is this Sanchez guy?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by 989900: 12:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
Dino is more or less from the 'old Kwara state', they are born to serve the Sarakis.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:13pm On Feb 05, 2016
What a big blow on Chukwudi44, who just came back from "hiding" to do what he is known for, supporting the corrupt Saraki.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by brilliant5(m): 12:13pm On Feb 05, 2016
As opposed to Mr PresidentI tink judiciary is doing just fine o. Though slow BT due process need to b followed... NYC one o judges

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
Firefire:

See his comment:

BEFORE

AFTER

I can't recall ever seeing you a disgusting show of hypocrisy. Hahahaha.
Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by Sanchez01: 12:29pm On Feb 05, 2016
Firefire:

See his comment:

BEFORE

AFTER

Note, I did not hail the Supreme Court concerning Saraki's proceeding. And my second post does not take away the fact that the Supreme court, alongside other courts have been bought by corrupt public officials.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by vanilson(m): 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
Brilliant judgement
Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by carinmom(f): 12:31pm On Feb 05, 2016
Rexceedo:

it serves him right...

My question is, will the removal of Saraki as SP pave the way for Ekweremadu to be the new SP? I'm confused oo
Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by Firefire(m): 12:31pm On Feb 05, 2016
dearpreye:

I can't recall ever seeing you a disgusting show of hypocrisy. Hahahaha.

Elucidate oooo, me or him ?
Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
Firefire:

Elucidate oooo, me or him ?

Of course it couldn't have been you.
Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by Rexceedo: 12:36pm On Feb 05, 2016
carinmom:

My question is, will the removal of Saraki as SP pave the way for Ekweremadu to be the new SP? I'm confused oo
It may!
Re: Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues by pastormellanby: 12:37pm On Feb 05, 2016
Deputy senate president to join him , I hope IPOB youths will turn it to marginalisation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. / Habu Sabo: I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian Soldier- Army Officer / Are You Still Batified?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.