Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,895 members, 7,942,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 03:32 AM

Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? (1774 Views)

Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal / My Boyfriend Want Me To Get Pregnant Before Marriage And Am Still A Virgin / 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? by kok(m): 3:07pm On Jul 07, 2009
Ideal No! But for the generation of ladies in town now, who knows what they might have done in the past Man needs to confirm before commitment o!
Re: Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? by lexandra(f): 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2009
no.
Re: Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? by whitelexi(m): 3:56pm On Jul 07, 2009
With the kind of attrocities women commit nowadays, it might be the way out. Prove that u r still a woman with your womb intact, and then we can talk of other things grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? by IFELEKE(m): 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2009
chukz4real:

I suppose the question should be rephrased and go this way:

Ladies; is it ideal to be having sex with your husband to be before marriage?
best reply so far. . .
It's morally insane to give pre-marital sex a big nod and at the same time say a resounding No to pre marital pregnancy,The only people qualified to say no to pre marital pregnancy are the ones against pre marital sex.
nethacker:

shocked shocked see me see trouble ooooo.  shocked won't u test for soil fertility b4 planting seed . wat will u do if u discover that she can't actually give u babies?  shocked . No big deal at all. What if d guy happens to be an HIV patient n u discover this after honeymoon  grin
Me ooo . I go sample well well cos she be my own  grin
ifeleke n izeek : hv i spoken well ?  grin
nethacker! smiley
Re: Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? by tosyne007(m): 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2009
biblically, it's not ideal but we all know that one can't take chances these days.

my answer affects both folks (guys and babes i mean. As guys are trying to check out the fertility of ladies, ladies are also entitled to do thesame thing.

personally, i support pre-marital sex (i mean pre-marital pregnancy) so as to confirm the fertility of the lady in question.

Most homes are broken today due to the inability of the couples to produce babies. So, some people takes this pre-marital thing as a "CHECK". and i dont blame them.

Frankly, i will advise everyone to stick to their beliefs but, if we are to follow the word of the bible to the letter, then pre-marital sex is forbidden.

there's a saying anyway: "different strokes for different folks"
Re: Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? by GEW: 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2009
tosyne007:

biblically, it's not ideal but we all know that one can't take chances these days.

my answer affects both folks (guys and babes i mean. As guys are trying to check out the fertility of ladies, ladies are also entitled to do thesame thing.

personally, i support pre-marital sex (i mean pre-marital pregnancy) so as to confirm the fertility of the lady in question.

Most homes are broken today due to the inability of the couples to produce babies. So, some people takes this pre-marital thing as a "CHECK". and i dont blame them.

Frankly, i will advise everyone to stick to their beliefs but, if we are to follow the word of the bible to the letter, then pre-marital sex is forbidden.

there's a saying anyway: "different strokes for different folks"
so what happens if the pregnancy doesnt stay or the child dies at say age 2 or 3? the marriage is gone abi? we are misguided lawless people. we look for all reasons not to obey any law yet wants to prosper. God cannot be mocked
Re: Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? by whitelexi(m): 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2009
GEW:

so what happens if the pregnancy doesnt stay or the child dies at say age 2 or 3? the marriage is gone abi? we are misguided lawless people. we look for all reasons not to obey any law yet wants to prosper. God cannot be mocked

Is God not being mocked when people embark on all the countless abortions they execute?
Is God not being mocked when people sell their bodies for money? If not, then what sort of mockery are u refering to?
Re: Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? by IFELEKE(m): 4:44pm On Jul 07, 2009
GEW:

No, you are the one with a misguided view.
The point in summary is: why say no to pre-marital pregnancy and a big yes to pre marital sex?
Re: Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? by TheSeeker(m): 5:27pm On Jul 07, 2009
It all boils down to what the both partners agree to. Also, it's all about if their religion allows it -- some religions detest it seriously while a negligible few think it's ideal as long as they show the strong intent of marriage.

In Nigeria as an instance, some tribes always want to know a woman is able to get pregnant before marriage and that can only be proven my getting her pregnant so there won't be an alarm when they are finally married -- I have yet to see a tribe in Nigeria that kicks against it anyway.

Legally, it is allowed.

But the consequences might be slightly gravy, what if for some reasons they don't end up getting married, what happens? I have seen marriage plans collapse less than a week before the wedding date so you don't know what goes for what these days.

There's no contesting the fact that there are a few women out there who have problems conceiving let alone having a child and a guy just might not know what he's getting into, in fact, some ladies don't know until they are married and figure out they can't have a child then they both start running all over visiting hospitals and private surgeons and gynecologists.

Marriage in my opinion should not be hinged on having kids alone but surely having kids is an important if not the most integral part of marriage next to the main factor, love.  

For me, it depends on the girl really but on average, I would want her to be pregnant after we're married unless of course a doubtful situation pops out.
Re: Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2009
If the OP wanted religious views he should post this on the religion section, my take is it depends on the couple. Sadly some men only value their wives if they bear him children, this whole love thingy is not mathematics, when it comes to relationships there is hardly black or white, just shades of grey.
Re: Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? by Ben13: 5:54pm On Jul 07, 2009
you guys should free me joh sad
Re: Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? by GEW: 5:58pm On Jul 07, 2009
  author=IFELEKE link=topic=291835.msg4149238#msg4149238 date=1246981484]
The point in summary is: why say no to pre-marital pregnancy and a big yes to pre marital sex?
can you highlight where u saw me saying yes to pre marital sex?[
whitelexi:

Is God not being mocked when people embark on all the countless abortions they execute?
Is God not being mocked when people sell their bodies for money? If not, then what sort of mockery are u refering to?
so what is your point? the lawlessness should continue?
Re: Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? by IFELEKE(m): 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2009
GEW:

can you highlight where u saw me saying yes to pre marital sex?[so what is your point? the lawlessness should continue?
Carefully re-read my replies on the subject matter to get my drift.
Re: Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? by GEW: 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2009
IFELEKE:

Carefully re-read my replies on the subject matter to get my drift.
this is an admission you lied when you said "why say no to pre-marital pregnancy and a big yes to pre marital sex?"

if you cannot post where i said it then you be big enough to say sorry you lied or made a genuine mistake ok>
Re: Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? by IFELEKE(m): 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2009
GEW:

this is an admission you lied when you said "why say no to pre-marital pregnancy and a big yes to pre marital sex?"

if you cannot post where i said it then you be big enough to say sorry you lied or made a genuine mistake ok>
My posts are attached again:
IFELEKE:

best reply so far. . .
It's morally insane to give pre-marital sex a big nod and at the same time say a resounding No to pre marital pregnancy,The only people qualified to say no to pre marital pregnancy are the ones against pre marital sex.
IFELEKE:

I am for pre marital sex so i see nothing wrong in pre marital pregnancy, now my issue with you is not your stand for or against the above but these:

GEW:

so what happens if the pregnancy doesnt stay or the child dies at say age 2 or 3? the marriage is gone abi?
Personally , I don't tag pre-marital pregnancy to fertility. . .got my drift?
Re: Is It Ideal To Get Pregnant Before Marriage? by Lita(f): 2:41am On Jul 21, 2009
not everyone will get pregnant on the first attempt. for some it takes many years, and pressure adds to difficulties. without a doctor's verification, how does the couple know who is infertile/has fertility problems?  if both parties love each other's possible baby-making abilities more than them, that who am I to judge them, but the method is flawed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Does It Take So Much For Her To Be With Me? (Matured Minds Pls) / How Do I Let Dis Guy know I Love Am? / Who Finds It More Difficult To Abstain From Premarital SEX , Boy Or Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.