Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,830 members, 7,889,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:37 PM

Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial (10352 Views)

How Saraki Blackmailed INEC Boss In Order To Halt Dino's Recall- SaharaReporters / Federal High Court Dismisses Saraki's Application Seeking To Stop His Trial / Supreme Court Dismisses Wike’s Suit Against Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by Islie: 3:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
A Federal Capital Territory High Court in Maitama, Abuja, has dismissed an application by the immediate past National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd), seeking to stop his trial on the charges of diversion of N32bn arms fund.

Justice Husseini Baba ruled on Monday that contrary to Dasuki’s allegation, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission was not in contempt of its order granting him (Dasuki) bail on December 18, 2015.

Dasuki was re-arrested by the operatives of the Department of State Service on December 29, 2015, shortly after he met the bail conditions and was released by Kuje prison.

Dasuki had, through his motion urged the court to prohibit the EFCC from prosecuting him over an alleged “brazen” disobedience of the orders of court granting him bail.

But Justice Baba held in his ruling on Monday that since it had been confirmed that Dasuki was being held by the Department of State Service, which “is a stranger” in the case, the EFCC which is prosecuting Dasuki and his co-accused could not be said to have violated the bail order.

He ruled that the only option open to the former NSA was to file necessary suit in line with section 46 of the 1999 Constitution for the enforcement of his right to liberty.

After the Monday’s ruling, prosecuting counsel, Mr. Oluwaleke Atolagbe, asked the judge a date for trial to commence, but Dasuki’s lawyer, Mr. Ahmed Raji (SAN), urged the court to give a date long enough to enable the ex-NSA’s lawyer to “tackle the issue of the stranger”.
The judge subsequently adjourned till March 23 for trial.

Dasuki filed the motion with respect to the 19 counts of diversion of N32bn arms funds for which he is being prosecuted along with a former Director of Finance and Administration, Office of the National Security Adviser, Shuaibu Salisu.

The other co-accused are, a former General Manager, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Aminu Babakusa and two companies – Acacia Holdings Limited and Reliance Referral Hospital Limited.

The ex-NSA, through his lawyer, Mr. Joseph Daudu (SAN), has also filed the same application dated January 11, 2016, before Justice Peter Affen of the same Maitama Division of FCT High Court.

The case before Justice Affen is with respect to the 22 counts of N13bn fraud filed against him and others including a former Director of Finance and Administration in the Office of the NSA, Shuaibu Salisu, and a former Minister of State for Finance, Bashir Yuguda.

Others charged along with them are a former Governor of Sokoto State, Attahiru Bafarawa, the ex-governor’s son, Sagir Attahiru, and a firm, Dalhatu Investment.

www.punchng.com/court-dismisses-dasukis-application-to-halt-trial/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by Elosky20: 3:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
j
Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by sigiyaya(m): 4:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
I am sick and tired of hearing this name DASUKI bubu jail this man if you
want or free him. Dasuki is not the chanji you promised us, after all there
are more yam eaters in your cabinet who have consumed more yam than
Dasuki.

Bubu focus in Governance Nigeria is bleeding

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by gen2briz(m): 4:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
Dasuki the yam eater....
Dasuki the cheerful giver....
Dasuki the friendly ATM......

God bless Nigeria

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by morbeta(m): 4:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
Dasuki should consult Al Mustapha to lecture him on Prisonomatics 101 because his journey just begun.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by boman2014: 4:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
let him go to jail fast

2 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by sammyj: 4:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
This are good examples we need to prosecute alleged criminals that has stolen yams meant for our unborn generation. Thank God for this judgement and thumps up to the judge for this ruling. God bless Nigeria and we pray for yams sealers to return our yams sooner very soon !!!! angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by HowAreYou(m): 4:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
Before nko?

For his Mosquito mind..he thinks the judge will rule in his favour?

Aje pe Ori Bobo Judge yen ti Daru niyen if he dint dismiss Daskui's application

I'm more interested in Dasuki's case that when 1Naira will be exchange at A dollar

I pray you rot in jail after you've been pronounced guilty.

#God Bless Justice Husseini Baba

#God Bless Osun State

#God Bless PMB

#God bless Nigeria

Meanwhile Lautech resumes next monday....Kode si owo nigboro.....#LawdAvMercy cry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by Tokt: 4:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
grin grin

Excellent development

3 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by ObidikeObinna: 4:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
This will cause heartache for IPOB

Their adopted son will face trial by force

Ipob sorry oooo

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by damwise(f): 4:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
50yrs imprisonment awaiting him...

2 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by omowolewa: 4:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
Dem suppose flog the lawyer wey follow am file that case. Which kin case be that?!

8 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by realjoker(m): 4:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
i love this war against corruption it is getting interesting

5 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by isbish(m): 4:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
Good.
Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by Tokt: 4:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
Justice Husseini Baba ruled on Monday that contrary to Dasuki’s allegation, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission was not in contempt of its order granting him (Dasuki) bail on December 18, 2015.

But Justice Baba held in his ruling on Monday that since it had been confirmed that Dasuki was being held by the Department of State Service, which “is a stranger” in the case, the EFCC which is prosecuting Dasuki and his co-accused could not be said to have violated the bail order.

Yet fools continue to shout that Buhari is disobeying court orders. Judge said its a lie, his orders werent flouted.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by TimeManager(m): 4:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
Wailers sef. O ya come lapdance & buttlick dasuki. Wailers da buttlickers. The truth has spoken!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by BCJAY(f): 4:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
WHAT SORT OF INJUNCTION IS HE SEEKING? LET HIM REFUND THE 32BILLION DOLLARS
Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by olapluto(m): 4:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
Filing frivolous papers will not solve your problem Dasuki. You are only making money for your lawyers and their families.
Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by masterpiece86: 4:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
Someone should tell #Dasuki and his lawyer to stop asking for frivolous injunctions and applications in the name of he has been granted bail and he wants to enforce his Bail by force. Even in saner climes and the so called United states keep detainees for years without trial most especially in #Guantanamo Bay. Critiques have said a lot both within and outside USA for it to be closed but their appeals have fall on deaf ears. Why because those been detained are threats to USA or have done something heinous to warrant them been kept despite their own Rule of law.

4 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by BCJAY(f): 4:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
WHAT SORT OF INJUNCTION IS HE SEEKING? LET HIM REFUND THE 32BILLION DOLLARS AND BE ASKING FOR A REDUCTION IN HIS PRISON YEARS

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by omolola15(m): 4:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
I'm sure people will start saying buhari is controlling this judge now. Oya let the comments start flowing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by Iroh88(m): 4:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
Lol.

Time for the piglets to dust up their placards and take to the streets to demonstrate against the ill treatment of one of their adopted Goats. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by DONSMITH123(m): 4:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
Dasuki is INN for a lonnnnnggggggggggggggggg thing cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
Dasuki! Dasuki! Dasuki!.... How many times did I call you?

Return our yams, apologize to Nigerians, especially the wives of fallen soldiers, Sentence yourself to a certain Jail term(if I were you, I will make it 10yrs) and quietly book a room in Kuje prison!

#if he was smart

5 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by cheddahboy(m): 4:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
to me that March Date is too Far, How about Feb 21st...Mtcheeew
Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by ddippset(m): 4:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
Dasuki and Nnamdi, the 2 greatest sinners on the planet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by yemmynoni: 4:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
20 years for each count charge is enough

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by yemmight(m): 4:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
sigiyaya:
I am sick and tired hearing this name DASUKI bubu jail this man if you
want or free him. Dasuki is not the chanji you promise us, after all there
are more yam eaters in your carbonate who have consume more yam than
Dasuki.

So Baba is the lawyers and judges doing the proceedings abi? Those ones will not do what they have been paid for? Baba is doing what is best for us in Naija. It might be slow but steady. I pray that una no go see am kill and anyone who make attempt to kill baba, thunder will fire all of them.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by Akaujaa(m): 4:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
Maybe Dasuki thought we are still in the era of impunity when the likes of Deziani and co obtained court injunctions to stop arrest, trial and prosecution.

3 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by mcb60(m): 4:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
I knew from the onset that Dasuki would not be granted bail... and to the wailing wailers, this is a punch!...I pray the anti corruption war Reed Nigeria off the mentality share of national cake, instilled by our politicians...God bless Nigeria, I believe in the change project. although, this administration is a stepping stone to a better Nigeria but yet this is a start.. we must start to strive for a better Nigeria, hence, we d reep the good fruit in the nearer future...

3 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Dasuki’s Application To Halt Trial by Ephemmm: 4:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
[s]
sigiyaya:
I am sick and tired hearing this name DASUKI bubu jail this man if you
want or free him. Dasuki is not the chanji you promise us, after all there
are more yam eaters in your carbonate who have consume more yam than
Dasuki.

[/s]

Ensuring that public funds and were not unscrupulously spent by any group of individuals is one of the major functions of government: it is incredible that some years of 'chop make I chop' has changed your understanding of governance. Worst still, I doubt it if you benefitted common N5k from this gargantuan stolen funds: why crying than the children of the bereaved?

EFCC is one of the agencies of government which needs little or no co-ordination from Bubu. This is a democratic setting: Bubu cannot jail someone without trial.

Get this drilled into your skull.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Of Unparalleled Patriotism, Humility - Buhari Mourns Shagari / JUST IN: Supreme Court Affirms Interim Forfeiture Of Patience / INEC To Conduct Elections On Sunday In 141 Polling Units In Yenagoa, Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.