Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,327 members, 7,940,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 10:39 PM

Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? (2893 Views)

Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / I Told My Hubby To Stop Using My Money.am I Wrong? / I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by Puvguy: 5:15am On Jul 08, 2009
@poster

It depends on where u live? Would your friends and family accepts the idea? And can u cope with the tag?

I know most black guys won't want to settle with a girl mothering a molatto child, except u're rich. Then it won't be
love any more.
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by benincitys(f): 10:21am On Jul 08, 2009
Fhemmmy:

You are wrong, Ape pikin looks better, so tell the sista to get busy with some Apes, and God is good we have one for Nija, unke Sege.

Lol
martin1:

wat r u tryin 2 say?
u r not clear enough
r u saying dat black guys r useless?
no no i just say useless
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by JustGood(m): 10:44am On Jul 08, 2009
why cant you get married to the man you truly love and then have children that you can both adore and shower with love as they grow up?

Why do you think its such a great idea for you to have a bastard just because you think they have some kind of colour you like?

you are irresponsible, stupid, irrational and an absolute nutter!
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by Fhemmmy: 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2009
JustGood:

why cant you get married to the man you truly love and then have children that you can both adore and shower with love as they grow up?

Why do you think its such a great idea for you to have a bastard just because you think they have some kind of colour you like?

Omo, you wicked oh
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by Georgettes(f): 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2009
I've seen all the replies, thanks both the bad and good but the fact is some of you should understand it before lashing out.

FIRSTLY BENINCITYs, point of correction, I NEVER said I would not or never marry a white man, It is VERY possible, I only stated I've never seen myself marrying a white man, especially coming from Africa, how many of you would initially plan to marry a white man, even your parents wou;d they agree? I just sai I've always wanted to have a mixed child but of cause I want to marry a black/nigerian man, but if it happens along the way, love, i could still end up with a white man or anyone from any race for that matter.

@Chaircover, yes i'm not going to lie to you, i don't admire, the curly hair and as for lightskinned, i'm a very lightskinned african but when you say wicked thoughts, i don't really understand and that was why I came on here to ask if i was wrong because I really didn't see anything wrong.
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by Georgettes(f): 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2009
didi-t:

Personally i think people should be able to express themselves freely on nairaland , no matter how stupid they might sound, no one is perfect and we all believe we can get answers to our stupid or sensible questions here since we can't say they out to people we know, so poster please do whatever you feel like but whatever decision you make just make sure you can handle it now and later on in future.

thank you for this, that was why i initially stated, it might sound stupid but i seek opinions and most of them r already bashing like they mother theresa or have never though of something like this.

@frecklenez, @ least thanks for letting me know it's wrong, i just never saw it that way.

MRbrownJAY:

some women are making absolutely no sense in this thread.
poster NO, there is nothing wrong in wanting a mixed race child without having the father around.
first lets us forget about the kid's color. white, black or green shouldnt make any difference. thats just a person's choice and nothing else if they want to have the kid with a white man .
the problem (to most of you guys) is that she desires a kid and nothing more.
why is that a problem? maybe this lady do not want the hassle of having another person sharing the love of that kid.
if she never want to get married or have a husband to dictate what she can or cant do, then this is the only way to do it.
who are we to judge what a person does or want for her own self? let her live her life the way she see fit.

MY concern in this picture is the kid. although there is no proof that single parenting is worst than the usual 2 parents upbringing, there is surely a lack from that kids point of view. we know that single mothers can do a great job but it doesnt mean that 2 parents are any worse. any child should have 2 parents if possible and no mothers should plan babies as a single parent (if the guy leaves, thats a different ball game)
what you probably should do is find a white guy that you might like and take it from there. you dont have to marry him (this is 2009) but let him be in that childs life so that the child can have an understanding of who he is and better chances for the future.

there is nothing wrong with wanting lighter kids with softer hair etc, just like someone who would prefer a boy rather than a girl, its called preferences.

exactly preference, i'm happy u understand, my approach may be wrong but my intention isnt wrong like some of these people r bashing me harshly. i would want to get married and still have a father, if i meet a white man, i love, i would marry, i just said as most of us africans, we want to also marry our african men but i desire to have a mixed child.
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by Georgettes(f): 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2009
My approach might be wrong or selfish but i never saw it that way, that's y i was seeking opinions and i never said it was happening, this was just one of my thoughts. But as for my intentions, i am not a wicked person neither did i mean harm.

JustGood:

r u sure you are not referring or describing yourself?
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by JustGood(m): 5:33pm On Jul 08, 2009
i hope this doesn't sound stupid b4 all of u but i love mixed children, how they look but i'm sure i don't want to marry a white man. i still love my black guys but is it wrong to want to have at least one child from a white man but still not end up marrying him?

You call that the thinking of a rational woman?
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by 2Legit2Qui: 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2009
Poster

Tell us you like a white man's di ck. I can imagine your lips round the un circumcised di ck. It will be a sight to behold, licking it, sucking it, plastering it with saliva and at best pouring ice cream all around the mulato di ck while u lick the moda foking thing until the cows come back home.
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by JustGood(m): 5:40pm On Jul 08, 2009
Igwe, the seeker and martho, b4 you guys crucify me I AM NOT AGAINST BLACK KIDS AND WOULD STILL HAVE SOME BLACK KIDS.
I NEVER SAID I DO NOT WANT BLACK KIDS NEITHER DID I SAY I WOULD DECEIVE PEOPLE IT IS MY HUSBAND. This is just my desire to have at least one. I AM NOT OBSESSIVE ABOUT MIXED KIDS

A woman who is planning to have children for more than one man wants me to believe she is a normal and rational woman!
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 09, 2009
Georgette$:

exactly preference, i'm happy u understand, my approach may be wrong but my intention isnt wrong like some of these people r bashing me harshly. i would want to get married and still have a father, if i meet a white man, i love, i would marry, i just said as most of us africans, we want to also marry our african men but i desire to have a mixed child.

yes but you have to understand where everyone here comes from. asking this sort of question on NL, will get you bashed, insulted etc because there are people on here who do believe that:
- unmarried women shouldnt have children
- interracial marriages are a sin
- sex before marriage is as good as a "one way ticket to hell"
- sexually open minded women are no better than dogs

as long as you know what you are getting into(and think of the child primarily), whatever you choose to do is fine.
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by frecklesnz: 11:18am On Jul 09, 2009
Single parenting is a hard thing even in western society. In NZ if you are a mature woman and a single mum you will get money form the government to help with bring up the child. They help to pay child minders so you can go to work and if you are educated you can get good money as a single woman. You can live a good life and very few people have any problems with what colour you are. My husband as been astounded how many colours people are and how little notice people take of your colour. NZ is not a racist country. We have people of every race and colour. If you have a mixed race child and if you are a solo mum there is no judgement at all. But it is still a hard lonely life.

None of this changes the fact that if the baby is sick in the night you are alone to cope. If the baby is crying you are on your own. If you are unwell you are alone. You have no one to talk with or dream with and you cant just walk away from the baby and go out to a party. It is still a very hard thing to be a solo mum.

From the things I have seen in Nigerian society i would say if your family is ok with you being a single mum then they will be there for you. But the government will not help you or support you. You can just end up as an aunty who helps in others homes. What chance is there for a single mum in Nigeria to buy her own home? To own her own car? To me Nigerian society is structured to make life much easier if you have a spouse. The way things are done is just too hard for one person. The cooking on a burner takes hours. The washing by hand. Drawing water from the well. Washing from a bucket. The cost of doctors. The cost of formula. I just could not think of being a single mum when life is so hard in the first place.
I have only lived in Nigeria for 6 months all up in my husbands home. But even though I love Nigeria and my husbands family very much I still struggle so much with the hard life.
I know I am soft but I think to chose to be a single mother in Nigeria is to choose a very hard path.

I wish you well in your future. I pray you find true love and that you are able to live and bring up beautiful children together.
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by benincitys(f): 11:59am On Jul 09, 2009
Georgette$:

I've seen all the replies, thanks both the bad and good but the fact is some of you should understand it before lashing out.

FIRSTLY BENINCITYs, point of correction, I NEVER said I would not or never marry a white man, It is VERY possible, I only stated I've never seen myself marrying a white man, especially coming from Africa, how many of you would initially plan to marry a white man, even your parents wou;d they agree? I just sai I've always wanted to have a mixed child but of cause I want to marry a black/nigerian man, but if it happens along the way, love, i could still end up with a white man or anyone from any race for that matter.

@Chaircover, yes i'm not going to lie to you, i don't admire, the curly hair and as for lightskinned, i'm a very lightskinned african but when you say wicked thoughts, i don't really understand and that was why I came on here to ask if i was wrong because I really didn't see anything wrong.

now i can hear you well, check my profile i marry who i love not who my parents want me to i come first
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 09, 2009
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by JustGood(m): 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2009
chaircover:

Yes it is a very wicked thing to deliberately bring a child into this world knowing fully well that the child will not have a father, the child will not look like you and I understand you eventually want to marry a black man . . . . so the child will look different to the other kids you have. The child has no identity even before he/she is born.

Now isn’t that wicked?

Maybe you should speak to those single mothers who are struggling & coping everyday and ask them it is an easy job.

Thank you jare.

The problem is that many single women never tell the truth about what they are going through. . . so they dont advise others not to fall into such pits. They like to pretend that things are sweet for them as single mothers. Eventually some daft girl will follow their paths as well.
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by Fhemmmy: 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2009
JustGood:

Thank you jare.

The problem is that many single women never tell the truth about what they are going through. . . so they dont advise others not to fall into such pits. They like to pretend that things are sweet for them as single mothers. Eventually some daft girl will follow their paths as well.

true, but sometimes, no matter how much u tell person truth, they will still fall into the pit
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by CHIMSKY(m): 1:30pm On Aug 11, 2012
pamelaB: @$$osisi

R u from this century? Or even from this planet? I am just as PROUD of my kids whether they were born in or out of wedlock. A birth of a child IS something to celebrate. My first two kids were born be4 my husband and I got married. We got married when our 2nd was born, so our 3rd child is the only "legitimate" one. grin It is complitely normal in where I come from. People dont pay any attention to such things here.
All our kids were well planned, much wanted and long expected and have been very welcomed with both our families. They have loving and dedicated grandparents, aunts, uncles etc. who would do just about anything for them. U want me to be ashamed of that? Shame on u. kiss

But the question still is, why wouldnt the poster marry a white man if she wants children with him? It is not easy to bring up a child alone, and with mixed kids it is even more difficult. All kinds of things can happen in a marriage and u can end up being alone with ur child anyway, but why intentionally create such a situation? Children are meant to be brought up in a family and by two parents. That is the ideal. Why do it the hard way if it is not necessary?
I dont care how you paint it.Having a child out of wedlock is wrong!It has become very fashionble for celebrities to go sleeping around and having children.The preposterousness of it all is that society condones and actually applauds these perverts.The unfortunate kids are called 'love children'.It is as if,once you are a celebrity or a socialite you a new set of rules applies to you.You have men and women these days with 4 kids from 4 partners and everybody applauds the circus.In those days what they are doing would be called plain fornicaton now we all accept it and everyone looks the other way!
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by tpia5: 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2012
Interesting thread, how did i miss this.

@ topic

Whoever has no sin should cast the first stone? This kind of thing isnt limited to gender or nationality.

The men in particular are shouting too much. Na una dey do am pass- dont let me start telling stories here.

However, as to whether its a good or bad thing to want a biracial baby- dont know actually. A cute baby is a cute baby regardless if its mixed or not, imo.

Some women try s.perm banks i should think. If you're in nigeria, a half tuareg baby would also be considered biracial? ? Just idle speculation here- not endorsing anything.
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by tpia5: 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2012
GEW: absolutely fabulous did this some years ago.  yes it your life. go ahead and create your own oyinbo.  did they tell you they are more likely to have mental health issues too?

Are they?
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by edogram1(m): 10:59am On Aug 12, 2012
If u are a rich woman it will be easier to cope with that child ( ajel) but if u are not. It will be a nausty thing. I ve seen many white (mixed) in edo state, nigeria. Suffering on the street. Its really not good for them, as i watch their white skin turn to red and all maner of black spot like rutton maggle, this white kids start eating apku, owo and beans, all maner of funy dirty african food which is not good for them, and no body want to miggle with them, abandon by family and society. This happened as a result of those benin girls that travel to europe for hussling, and fancy mixed child to start forming or maybe for papers. after they can't cope with the child anymore this girls end up sending the child to nigeria to live with their parents suffering, men life is not easy for them o, its a wicked thing to put such a child in that condition. Whites are very dificult to take care of in nigeria. Child is not a pet or toe to have. So grow over that poster
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by victorian(f): 10:10pm On Aug 12, 2012
Funny, i have this female friend who dates and lives with this white guy, but does not wish to get married to any dark guy, neither is she marrying the oyinbo. Cause she says oyinbo get tired easily of relationships, if u marry them.. so its better to be live in lovers undecided they have a bouncing baby girl recently with green eyes and mixed skin colour smiley. Recently, i saw her clutching her padded ipad with some documents. I, then asked her: babe, pls can i see yur cute baby girl pics again? cos, she had her baby pics fully loaded in her ipad with different sleeping / calm postures of the baby, with those huge green eyes smiley. So, i was like, where are u hurrying to, this morning? she then said she is going for a modeling job interview for her 4months old baby. I was like, what? shocked... wait, you are trying to get a modelling job for your baby? thats not even crawling for christsakes! this is serious.. i couldnt help but laugh so hard .. I said, for what nah? money matter serious o!
And she said she is going to different telecomms company to show them her white baby, so that they can use her for modelling and that babies like hers are in high demand and she stands to gain N200k , if her baby is selected.. I was just laughing so hard. Graduates are lookign for job, them no see. Its a 4month old baby that is on hot demand for a job...meeeen? odikwa serious...money, money, money grin.. i hail
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by omosexy1: 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
I see complex issues here flying. Well the poster is free to do whatever she wants to do, but she should consider the consequences before she goes into it.
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by lovelydoll: 2:38am On Jun 03, 2013
Get a sperm donor and customize your child. if i had a choice i would get a Hawaiian sperm donor.
Re: Am I Wrong In Wanting To Have A Child By A White Man But Not Marry One? by tpia5: 3:54am On Jun 03, 2013
if babies could talk, they would ask their parents a lot of questions sha.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Wants Me To Pay The Medical Bills / Boy, 15, Who Impregnated 10-year-old Colombian Girl / Ikoyi Registry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.