Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,371 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:44 AM

Penastory Love Contest Entry #2 – ADESINA OLORUNTORERA TAMILORE - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Penastory Love Contest Entry #2 – ADESINA OLORUNTORERA TAMILORE (602 Views)

Tomi Adesina Shares Pictures From The Signing And Reading Of Her New Book / Announcement Of Penastory Love Contest 2016 Winners / Penastory Love Contest Entry #12 – ENIOLA LONGE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Penastory Love Contest Entry #2 – ADESINA OLORUNTORERA TAMILORE by PenAStory: 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/02/15/penastory-love-contest-entry-2-adesina-oloruntorera-tamilore/

I stare down in shock at the young man kneeling down before me. No no no. What the hell is he thinking?
“I have loved you all my life Mola. I don’t know anybody else I can trust the way i trust you, that i can freely give everything I am to”. I watch his eyes fill with tears as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out the ring I know is coming next. All the while,

my entire being is rejecting the scene playing out in front of me. What does Bimbo think he’s doing? He knows how I feel about…. I lose my train of thoughts as he pulls my hand into his and slowly kisses my fingers. I know the words before he says them. Aren’t they every girl’s fantasy. Every girl except me. But I stay perfectly still as he asks “Oyindamola Princeton, will you marry me?”.
God, What do I say? What do i do?.
Everything starts moving in slow motion. My senses feel enhanced. My heart is pounding so loud in my chest I fear it is about to escape my body. My eyes flicker to the clock above the tv of Bimbo’s apartment-8:16
Images are flitting through my mind like a picture book. Images of my parents- the pain of their marriage that spilled over into my life as an only child;the fakeness of it all, smiling in public, keeping up the appearance of “the perfect Princeton family”, the tears and screams behind closed doors, their stubborn resolve not to get a divorce because of my dad’s inheritance conditions. Even images of all failed marriages I’ve witnessed since i could spell marriage. It seems to run in my family; my aunts, my uncles, a cousin that just got married three years ago who is already talking about a separation. That will never be me I had vowed. Never ever.
I’ve seen too many lives shattered by that bold step and I love this young man too much to do that to him. I love everything we have built, everything we have become. Bimbo knows my thoughts on “the great instituition”. I sigh inwardly. I love him too much.
All these happened in my head so fast it seems time paused. Bimbo is still looking at me expectantly when I drag myself out of my trance. The clock reads 8:19
Slowly, I pull my hand out of his knowing I’m about to destroy him and say “Yes Abimbola Olujimi Phillips. Yes I’ll marry you”.

Help this contestant win by liking this post on our BBM Channel via C00396EEB, if you are reading from mobile click: http://pin.bbm.com/C00396EEB and also like on our Instagram Page @pen_a_story

Source: PenAStory: www.penastory.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What A Love! / Cheap Love, Costly Decisions / The Power Of Love...(lovepedia) Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.