Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,374 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:51 AM

Penastory Love Contest Entry #12 – ENIOLA LONGE - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Penastory Love Contest Entry #12 – ENIOLA LONGE (717 Views)

Announcement Of Penastory Love Contest 2016 Winners / Penastory Love Contest Entry #11 – ADESOJI DANIEL / Penastory Love Contest Entry #2 – ADESINA OLORUNTORERA TAMILORE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Penastory Love Contest Entry #12 – ENIOLA LONGE by PenAStory: 10:15am On Feb 18, 2016
Up and down. Left and right. Over and over again. I can’t really say. It was as though he had done something to me that couldn’t be undone. You know how they say it takes 21 days to unlearn something, I had taken more than 42 days. Still the same. I loved him and there was nothing I could do about it.

Ours wasn’t the conventional story. It had much more emotions, double the pain, and triple the pleasure. Just thinking about it brings a smile to my face, albeit a sad one; a smile nonetheless. I had been a fool in love. Craving his attention, waiting on that phone call. Yearning for his touch!

A bright Sunday afternoon, he came over, boy! was I excited to see him. The day couldn’t get any better. I had a church program to attend later in the evening. So my memory of that day, should not have been what it became. I shouldn’t have asked at that moment, but I did anyway. It was a total rhetoric, considering all that had happened between us.

Watching him lying on my bed, all 6 ft. of him, I asked, ‘How many girlfriends have you had?’ Pretty innocent question, really. I can’t remember exactly, but, there was something off about the way he replied. Picking up on this irregularity, I just had to ask a question I should have asked at the very beginning, before things got so far.

Do you have a girlfriend? LOL! The look on his face said it all. Bewildered at this revelation, I couldn’t feel anything. I just kept on doing my make-up. I really wanted to do something, I’m glad I didn’t. I knew I had to say something, but I was not in the right frame of mind for a confrontation. I just got ready very fast, told him to take his leave and went on to church.

Hannah couldn’t have cried more than I did that night. I could cry as much as I wanted, it was a worship service, so no one bothered me.

How had I not seen through the pretences? I felt as though I had been robbed blind of my emotions by someone who didn’t even deserve it. When I eventually got around to demanding a reason, his excuse? When he met me, he and his girlfriend were on a break. A break! Did I look like an interim girlfriend? Pending the time you made up with the legitimate girlfriend? Me? A side chick. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I, Kasope had actually been someone’s side chick! I felt like slapping him silly.

As all things in life are, I now recount this experience as a preventive measure for every young girl out there. Love is a beautiful thing. It befuddles your senses. Thus the need to be twice as alert when you’re in love with someone. You see a lot of girls in abusive relationships; sigh! Blame it on love!

Help this contestant win by liking this post on our BBM Channel via C00396EEB, if you are reading from mobile click: http://pin.bbm.com/C00396EEB and also like on our Instagram Page @pen_a_story

Source: PenAStory www.penastory.com

Re: Penastory Love Contest Entry #12 – ENIOLA LONGE by ifedolapoferanm(m): 12:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
Lemme book a space
Re: Penastory Love Contest Entry #12 – ENIOLA LONGE by ifedolapoferanm(m): 7:25am On Feb 27, 2016
Alrit noted!

(1) (Reply)

All For You / Poem: Bloods And Roses By Rukie Spark( Brainiac 5) / Abominable (A Fictional Piece On Dealing With Down Syndrome)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.