Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,560 members, 7,888,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:25 PM

Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion (8788 Views)

Zain Nigeria Finally Dissolves Into Bharti Airtel For $9 Billion / How Do I Become A Distributor With MTN, Glo And Zain? / Mtn, Glo And Zain Printing Recharge Card Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Nezan(m): 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2009
dis change of ownership don dey tire me angry
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by saydfact(m): 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2009
who cares, oh, this's my first comment, i should sound lovely, ok, em!!!! yeah, i wish them well.
lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by smartsoft(m): 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2009
See there is nuffing there if am a shareholder and i have alotta money. i can buy the france guy coming to buy it is all about money bro
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by ROBOCOB(m): 5:05pm On Jul 08, 2009
We can't really blame the past and present operators of ZAIN.  The problem is more of a precarious economy in Nigeria and other parts of Africa. The basic objective of every businessman is to make either short term or long term profit. If this can't be met, it is better to sell the bunch of shit or else they spend more on a brandless  brand while profit keeps falling year after year.
If Vivendi is not careful, they might end up selling asap. They should prepare for the worst they can think and endeavor to embace local manpowers to cut cost.
Though i blame Econet, Vodacom and Vmobile for lack of creativity and innovations. They lack aims to sustain a longlasting brand. As per Zain, what happened to them is almost inevitable in this time of reccession as their biggest market share brings in the lowest Roi. Even Multinational Coys like Lehman Bros and GM filled for bankcrupcy. Only God knows whats going on in Etisalat cos they still have lots of souls to win. To  Vivendi:
To be relevant and stay longer in a country like Nigeria, you ve got to be Creative x 3 with lil touch of street cred. They should learn that strong brand is not built as entertainment but something that makes people pay for a quality service. Nigerians should be left with no option than to "vivendi ur fone" Ask MTN the secret. All da best.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by freely(f): 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2009
Another dies, another one is born.

If this Econet-Vodacom-Vmobile-Celtel-Zain and now,

This reminds me of the SAW movies, so unnecessary-LWKM
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Dammyray(m): 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2009
anybody wey dem like make dem sell am for na browsing me i dey after
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by kok(m): 5:48pm On Jul 08, 2009
Again Abeg make Nairlanders prepare to bid o so we fit get naira-mobile.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by UNLEASHED(m): 5:50pm On Jul 08, 2009
@ Post
Who cares!
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by defman: 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2009
UNLEASHED:

@ Post
Who cares!
If you don't care, then don't write anything. Yeye
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Smuthy(m): 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2009
lipsrsealedI know that zain will still be sold to 2 more companies b4 i will finally buy it and then name it smuthcom grin
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by dipo2much(m): 6:34pm On Jul 08, 2009
Is that company cursed? Or for what other reason cant I company hold it down.?
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by smasher1(m): 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2009
What matters most is that they should reduce price on both calls and browsing. Glo is crashing down the tariffs on data(internet) & voice calls. This is because their under water fibre optic cable linking europe would be concluded then. To them the cost of bandwidth which is currently $72,000 would then be $7,200. Change names and reduce price like Etisalat
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by adamabdul: 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2009
Ezenwenyi:

I will buy zain(Vivendi) in 2020.
IT IS NOT MORE VIVENDI BY 2020,WHO KNOWS,MAY BE MOBILY?
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by drharry: 7:44pm On Jul 08, 2009
Hmmm, I actually thought they had gotten to the final alphabeth Z, Zain. Well, i guess i was wrong.
obviously its about to begin from A
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by maballack(m): 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2009
I said it, this is all planned, the license was initially bought by a consortium so once one makes the license money , they transfer to the next person, and to the next , so give or take Vivendi a year to make thiers ,

so sad am just joinging the condortium so am looking at 2019, then it become MABALLACK,
wld offer u internet speed at 3 x 10"8mb/s and so much more, support us and buy a line for ur family and ur enemies also
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by sley4life(m): 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2009
zain arent ready for business. Why did the FG allow them in the 1st place. They think they are selling pure water. If they dont have fund to keep their company upright it should be closed down totally. It should go into extinction like mtel. But they should first refund the thousand i used in buying my line
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by MUZBO(m): 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2009
Its still a surprise how they manage to maintain a relatively good service with all the re-branding.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by MUZBO(m): 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2009
Its still a surprise how they manage to maintain a relatively good service with all the re-branding.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 08, 2009
I hope this i own by an individual
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2009
I hope this i own by an individual
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by ifyalways(f): 9:01pm On Jul 08, 2009
The new name/buyers sound cool. . . more like a fashion house. cheesy
@Topic,whatever,as long as they deliver.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by azpunpin: 9:19pm On Jul 08, 2009
I read about it 2 months ago then i knew it will be sold to the france company. Anyway all the best, soon they will place a bid on them again.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Dammyray(m): 9:51pm On Jul 08, 2009
I read about it 2 months ago then i knew it will be sold to the france company. Anyway all the best, soon they will place a bid on them again.

Maybe na me go buy am then tongue grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by GeorgeD1(m): 11:11pm On Jul 08, 2009
is this news for real?! gosh, what a way to run a company!
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by kewe(f): 11:23pm On Jul 08, 2009
really? lol
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by maballack(m): 11:24pm On Jul 08, 2009
I said it, this is all planned, the license was initially bought by a consortium so once one makes the license money , they transfer to the next person, and to the next , so give or take Vivendi a year to make thiers ,

so sad am just joinging the condortium so am looking at 2019, then it become MABALLACK,
wld offer u internet speed at 3 x 10"8mb/s and so much more, support us and buy a line for ur family and ur enemies also
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by toideve(m): 6:05am On Jul 09, 2009
they are now renovating their outlets in my area, could dis b connected?
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by parislomo(f): 6:45am On Jul 09, 2009
Of all 'em owners, I miss CELTEL the most! Really don't care about how often they change baton, as long as my line's still workin very welllllll. Luv the 'new name', sounds Behind! Roflol,
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by mreds: 7:37am On Jul 09, 2009
It's fun jere.
I spoke wit a staff up d company and the staff said d "right pple ain't managing". So Vivendi dat's sumtin u shld work if u wanna last long o. Welcome.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by fyneguy: 7:50am On Jul 09, 2009
This may end up enriching some naija artistes again

I forsee vivendi doling out N100million to artistes for ''vivendi ambassador'' stuff.

Hmmm na wa o
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by saydfact(m): 7:52am On Jul 09, 2009
MUZBO:

4ur info, ZAIN is the worst GSM network we have, (nitel is out of it and it takes three to be worst), high tariff even on-net, they shd be ashammed of them self, lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by toosoon(m): 8:49am On Jul 09, 2009
please continue to share the national cake among your friends and relations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Investing 1-10 Million Naira Every Month In Persons With Bright Ideas / Fidelity Bank Declares Early Closure Of Branches Because Of Fuel Scarcity / How To Accelerate The Growth Of Your Startup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.