Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,520 members, 7,888,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:20 PM

Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion (8787 Views)

Zain Nigeria Finally Dissolves Into Bharti Airtel For $9 Billion / How Do I Become A Distributor With MTN, Glo And Zain? / Mtn, Glo And Zain Printing Recharge Card Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by esdee1(m): 2:09pm On Jul 14, 2009
all na the same, as long as they deliver, and vivendi pls hire the i.t staff that zain retrenched, grin
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by sley4life(m): 12:09am On Jul 15, 2009
They should chase them out if they cant stay one place. how many names
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Phatimah(f): 3:38pm On Jul 15, 2009
shocked shocked shocked i said it before and now look at what is happening to Econet - Zain askrababa, in shot am having headace Vivi or what i that name agian, we expecting good network service.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Beline(f): 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2009
They will soon change to my name grin grin grin
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by alobayes: 4:51pm On Jul 15, 2009
No No No No No, this is the Breaking News that i have been Expecting to hear from ZAIN okay what is the name this time around Vivendi of the universe and am very sure that this communication company will help them out? by now My Jr.sister will be disappointed by join the world of the ZAIN

alobayes
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by GeorgeD1(m): 7:34pm On Jul 15, 2009
no they will change to my name next -GEORGE_D TELECOMMS INTL grin
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by goodbuay(m): 8:14am On Jul 16, 2009
LOLZ, They will soon change to ARMANI!!!
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by GeorgeD1(m): 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2009
armani as in giorgio? grin
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Sanmexy(m): 8:03pm On Jul 16, 2009
Oops! Again?
I joined d netwk during d days of vmobile,I can boldly say they remain my best till date.By now d news shouldn't com as a shock cos  we are used 2 changing names,its just dat ppl on d oder netwks tackle us on dis.Vivendi or zizendi,as 4 me am  not bothered as long as I keep enjoying good service.vmobile is still d logo on my phone.
Peace out nairalanders. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by GeorgeD1(m): 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2009
zain the best? probably in dreamland! grin
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by wandecoal(m): 6:24pm On Jul 17, 2009
Not again!,Econet-Vmobile-Celtel-Zain-Vivendi France.If they should sell it from one company to another,at least.the brand name should be retained!
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by govou(m): 8:24am On Jul 18, 2009
What is the problem with dis network?
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Ajeyi(m): 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2009
WELL ZAIN HAVE TO LET US KNOW(CUSTOMERS) THAT THE ARE SELLING US OUT BY TEXT AT LEAST IF THE HAVE RESPECT FOR US SUBCRIBES, WELL NO BIG DEAL JUST THAT WE ARE TIRED OF CHANGING NAMES PLS ZAIN OFFCIALS, THANK YOU BECAUSE WE KNOW THAT YOUR MANAGERING CREW WE BE BETTER THAN BEFORE
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Ekwere(m): 9:59pm On Jul 18, 2009
From Econet to Vodacom to vodago-Vmobile-Celtel-Zain and the newest name would be Vivian. I don tire
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Umamman(m): 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2009
We don die o.
abeg any person dt buy ds coy should please live us with ds ZAIN name,ZAIN is enough for us.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by lynxnoon(m): 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2009
IMO $12billlion dollars is too small to buy d whole Zain Africa undecided
but i ges Vivendi Ng's not a bad name sha wink grin
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by kaycast(m): 11:04pm On Jul 19, 2009
hmm na wha oo; Econet buddy, to celtel, to Zain, now to vivendi, na econet, if the foudation be faulty, what can be done?
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Umamman(m): 3:12pm On Jul 20, 2009
Y do u want to disapoint us,We ur subscribers.Text us and tell us d tru.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by agegelabs(m): 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2009
Vivendi pulls out of Zain deal

The much talked about $10 billion Zain take over by Vivendi has been halted, with French media giant, saying the deal was inconsistent with its financial criteria.

‘Vivendi has applied its usual criteria of profitability and financial discipline to this potential investment in emerging markets, in the best interest of its shareholders,” the company statement said.

Zain Group, the Kuwaiti based mobile telecommunication company with operations in 22 countries in Middle East and Africa, has been in negotiations with Vivendi for weeks now. The sale would have marked another turning point in Kenya’s second largest and oldest mobile services provider’s colourful history. In Kenya Zain began life as Kenya Cellular Communications Ltd, or Kencell a joint venture between Vivendi of France and Sameer Investments of Kenya. Sameer is controlled by Naushad N. Merali, one of Kenya’s wealthiest investors and former President Daniel Arap Moi.

At the time, the shareholding in Kencell was 40 percent for Vivendi and 60 percent for Sameer, in line with regulations of the Communications Commission of Kenya. Between 2000 and 2003, Kencell grew very fast due to its high quality voice and data network.
But poor revenue and high operational costs saw Kencell post huge losses in the period between 2003 and 2004. After the string of losses and stunted growth of the operator in 2005 Vivendi opted out of the venture selling off her 40 percent stake in Kencell to Celtel International.

The buyout saw the operator rebrand to Celtel Kenya. Vivendi had aimed to boost its presence in Africa, where it already holds a 53% stake in Morocco’s Maroc Telecom. Zain has some 65 million subscribers in all, with 40 million across Africa.

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/?p=2910
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by GeorgeD1(m): 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2009
let them continue discussing grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Investing 1-10 Million Naira Every Month In Persons With Bright Ideas / Fidelity Bank Declares Early Closure Of Branches Because Of Fuel Scarcity / Why Is Ghana Cedi Stronger Than Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.