Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,752 members, 7,908,905 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 01:54 PM

The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! (10945 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 12:49pm On Dec 21, 2006
gbade.x,

can you re-post the answers to me or give me answers.

u claimed to have supplied answers. where are the answers?
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Backslider(m): 7:28am On Dec 29, 2006
@babs787

I have read your post and I argued with you or Olabowale on The Hadith, You failed to tell me which one is the real one.

You tell me you know the so well and you cant read the quoted bible that was paintakingly written for you. This is not right.

You know within your heart that you are not JUST. Reading all the you have quoted you say because of sect in christianity that is why you left. Dont get me Wrong God is not looking for number, Minus you or Me God will be God.

Your Islam has the same problem that any religion has is the Human aspect of religion, even worse does Islam has only time will expose Islam.
There various sect in Islam

SUFIST BELIEVE IN SPIRITUALITY IN ISLAM ( Sudan Ombduman)
Shite ( AHmadis) IRAN
Sunnis SAUDIA ARABIA

Sunni and shite are fighting now in Iraq

You must know that we know or different grouping in Nigeria when I was there Ansar Ur deen Anwaru Islam, Ahmadiya please dont even go there I will bomb you with so many groupings.

A muslim once told me when were discussing that The leader of the Ahmadis died in the Toilet in England I guess he was a Sunni. So please prepare to leave to another religion oh. Use the same measure to Judge.

@enitan

Be not deceived God will break his law because of his love the only law God cannot break is his love he will kill for it he will die (in the case of jesus he was cut of from the remaining 2 person in trinity)

Why have you forgotten Joshua said Moon be thou still!
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2007
backslider,

thanks but no thanks.

which hadith did u asked?

which biblical post did u provide, can u please re-post it?

what do u mean by "JUST" elaborate pls. where did i say i left cos of sect. go through the post again and read the below.

now to your other post, it may be true that islam has sects but not like christianity and i will shed more light on that now. even if sunnis and shitte are fighting, it has nothing to do with islam and my faith,u r bound to find extremist in every religion (its the truth).

also what is the relationship between someone dying in a toilet and religion?

1.now, be u ahmaddiya or ansar ul deen and regardless of your sect, we are still binded by the five pillars of islam, do we have that in christianity?

2. regardless of sects, we still recite the same quran, do we recite same bible in christianity. u urself is quite aware that each sect with its own bible.

3. why do some bible have 66 books and some 73, which of the two will God's curse be on as in revelation where God cursed anyone that add or remove from it BUT QURAN HAS NO SUCH THING.

4. regardless of the author of the quran, we have the same number of chapters and verses but unlike bible, some verses in a bible are expunged in another bible e.g

IN KING JAMES VERSION we have
Mathew 17 v21: howbeit this kind goesnot out but by prayer and fasting.

THE ABOVE VERSE WAS OMITTED IN REVISED STANDARD VERSION, GOOD NEWS BIBLE, , LIVING BIBLE VERSION, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION,

WHY IS IT SO.

ALSO WE HAVE MARK 9V44: WHERE THEIR WARM DIES NOT AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED BUT THIS IS MISSING IN REVISED STANDARD VERSION, GOOD NEWS BIBLE, , LIVING BIBLE VERSION, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION,

WHY IS IT SO.

ALSO LUKE 9V56: FOR THE SON OF MAN IS NOT COME TO DESTROY'S MAN LIFE BUT TO SAVE.

THE ABOVE MISSING IN REVISED STANDARD VERSION, GOOD NEWS BIBLE, , LIVING BIBLE VERSION, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION,

WHY AGAIN ETC, I STILL HAVE EXAMPLES and that of even changed phrase

5. regardless of your sect, u can observe your solat in any mosque but let me ask you, can white garment enter CAC to worship with the garment or can jehovah witness worship with protestant or can catholic worship with protestant?

6. in islam regardless  of ur sect, we still believe in LAILA ILAH LAH MUHAMMAD ROSULULAH ( THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH AND MUHAMMAD IS HIS MESSENGER (SAW), DO WE HAVE SUCH  unity in christianity. some sects believe that jesus is God while some are saying no, some are saying he was tied to a stake, some said he was crucified while some blieved in neither of the two. some believe in trinity while some dont.

LET ME REST MY CASE THERE, IF YOU HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING MY POSTS, U WOULD HAVE READ ON SONSHIP, JESUS AS SAVIOUR (DID HE DIED FOR OUR SIN, CONTRADICTIONS IN THE BIBLE, IS JESUS GOD, ETC. many christians failed in providing proof or evidence to back up their claims, even those that tried answering, their answers didnt tally with each other, they were given response based on their own opinion but neglecting verses from the bible.

once again, christians claimed that moses wrote the old testament, let me ask you, did he write his own obituary as in
deutronomy 34v5: so moses the servant of the Lord died in the land of Moab according to the word of the Lord. and he buried him in a valley, but no man knew his sepulchure unto this day. and moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died.

pls go through the construction of the verse and tell me if Moses wrote his own death.

once again backslider, we are brothers but different religion, in all sincerity, if i want to go for a religion based on "simplity". by simplity i meant a religion in which i wont have to dedicate nearly 24 hours for God, i would choose christianity. there is no specialty attached to being born again. as your normally put it, christianity is all about accepting jesus as your lord and saviour. keep this up by doing good.

in christianity u r free. free in the sense that u dont have to purify urself if you wee wee but in islam u have to before u pray to Allah and also in any state of impurity u cant observe your prayer BUT LET ME ASK U A QUESTION, IN ISLAM, IF U WANT TO OBSERVE 4pm PRAYER AND U HAVENT OBSERVE THAT OF 2pm, U HAVE TO OBSERVE THAT OF 2pm BEFORE THAT OF 4pm. in a CHURCH, SERVICE STARTS BY 10am and ENDS BY 2pm. U ARRIVED AT THE CHURCH BY 1.45pm.since u are there to pray, how do u atone for that lost hours in order to balance up.

also u know what they call supplication, in islam, u can supplicate anywhere with or without your rossary as even done by catholics, how do christians supplicate.

Backslider, lets forget about personal hatred towards a religion, for the fact that some muslims behave bad doesnt mean that ISLAM is bad. the way we have bad people in ISLAM SO also we have in CRISTIANITY too. u dont worship God cos of certain people or whatever.

maybe i didnt include in my earlier post when i was about reverting to islam, i went with my questions to reverend and pastors in the church thinking that they will provide solution to my answer but alas, they behaved same way u have been, turning and evading questions.

lest i forget, some christians made it a habit of quoting wrong verses from the quran in which the like of babyosis, havila etc have posted here without going through to verify. MUST THEY QUOTE WRONG VERSES IN OTHER TO BRING PEOPLE TO A RELIGION?. it shouldnt be.

let me rest my case here, am always available for a discussion having both quranic and biblical proof.

a word is enough for the wise. looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Ndipe(m): 1:49pm On Jan 04, 2007
Babs, Jesus Christ Atoned for our sins on the Cross, to reconcile us to God. As much as God demands perfection in His sight, we have fallen short of His Glory and thereby prone to making mistakes, so because, because one was a minute late to Church due to traffic, while His Christian Brother arrived on time, does not negate the fact that we are all one in the Eyes of God, sinners, but Redeemed by the Blood of Jesus Christ. We don't need any earthly rituals to get close to Him. Jesus Christ has Bridged the Gap between Man and God.

Let me refer you to the Old Testament in the Holy Bible. Testament means Covenant. During the olden days, people, practised animal sacrifices to wash away their sins (check that out in the Old Testament), read the Story of how God commanded Abraham to offer his son, Isaac as a sacrifice to him. Abraham complied with God's requests, and just at the last minute was ordered by the Angel of the Lord to refrain from sacrificing. Now, Biblical scholars refer to that near sacrifice of Isaac as the foreshadowing of the Death of Jesus Christ on the Cross to Atone for our sins. Even the Angel of the Lord who was sent by God to instruct Abraham not to go along with his sacrifice, is probably a manifestation of Jesus Christ, prior to His Eartly Incarnation.

Now, in the New Testament, during the crucifixion of Jesus Christ on the Cross, one of the last words that He uttered on the Cross was "It is Finished". Immediately after He gave up His Spirits, what happened? The Holy Bible says that the Veil of the Holy Temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The Holy of Holies was now visible to the outside world. No priest was now needed to intercede on our behalf anymore. Jesus Christ opened the way with His Blood for mankind to have a relationship with God. Hence it is now called the "New Testament" (meaning a new covenant). The Old Testament was about animal sacrifices, the New Testament, superior to animal sacrifices was the Death of Jesus Christ for our sins and His Subsequent Resurrection.

Meanwhile, read the story surrounding the story of Samson's conception in the Old Testament, how his parents were visited by the Angel of the Lord and how, this Angel of the Lord Ascended into Heaven in the flame of the altar (that is the flame emanating from the burnt sacrifice) The Angel of the Lord, when questioned about His identity said "Why do you ask My name seeing it is wonderful"?

The ascension of the Angel of the Lord during the sacrifice is an actual confirmation that He may have been Jesus Christ. Remember, Jesus Christ also ascended into Heaven, after his Resurrection from the Grave.

Please open your eyes to God.

Read this link.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/passover.html
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 2:51pm On Jan 04, 2007
ndipe,

what is the meaning of all u wrote. of what relevance is ur quote to what i said. what is the relationship.

be specific pls
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2007
ndipe,

ve gone through your site posted, of what significance is it to my post. it was about passover, resurrection, communion, burial. always go through any thread before u make any contribution.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2007
ndipe,

also "WAS CHRIST (JESUS) CRUCIFIED WILL BE ON ANOTHER THREAD.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by m4malik(m): 9:31pm On Jan 04, 2007
I'm waiting for just such a thread. . . patiently waiting.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 10:38am On Jan 05, 2007
malik,

why picking only ffrom my response to ndipe and not from my response to mrpataki or belloti's response to babyosis.

no ned to wait for another thread when uve not done justice to the one already on ground.

u read the discussion between babyosis, mrpataki in which belloti referred babyosis to a site and also in which mrpataki asked me questions and i responded. still u never find anything to add to these but rather waiting for another thread.

go the issue raised and respond or contribute yours.

no need to rush yourself to see new threasd, ve always done that i will continue doing that but its just uve not been able to provide proff in all my threads, check all my threads for verification.

waitying for your response
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2007
babs787:

grin
still playing our hypocritical waiting game are we?
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by m4malik(m): 7:40pm On Jan 05, 2007
babs787:

malik,
why picking only ffrom my response to ndipe and not from my response to mrpataki or belloti's response to babyosis.

Are you having a bad day already? When did the rules on Nairaland change so that you can decide whose post I respond to?? I responded to what caught my interest at that moment, and belloti knows I've severally responded to his inputs elsewhere.

babs787:

no ned to wait for another thread when uve not done justice to the one already on ground.

Okay, since you're withdrawing your shakara, I'll forebear for now.

babs787:

u read the discussion between babyosis, mrpataki in which belloti referred babyosis to a site and also in which mrpataki asked me questions and i responded. still u never find anything to add to these but rather waiting for another thread.

You have a good way of making me laugh!! Who was shouting at ndipe in capital letters that he was sporting another thread about Christ's crucifixion?

babs787:

go the issue raised and respond or contribute yours.

Did you just speak English there? Can you rephrase, please?

babs787:

no need to rush yourself to see new threasd, ve always done that i will continue doing that but its just uve not been able to provide proff in all my threads, check all my threads for verification.

I wasn't rushing - and if you understand English, did you miss the word "patiently" in my earlier response? Check again:

m4malik:

I'm waiting for just such a thread. . . patiently waiting.

Secondly, "proff" or proof have been offered - but in your typical Islamic polarization, you just won't have eyes to see.

babs787:

I just did. Shallom.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2007
Living a Christian life is by Grace.
A carnal man cannot understand the things of the spirit no matter how hard he tried.

If one left the following  of a man who lived a sinless life,preached peace and kindness by words and by example to find solace in a pedophilic rapist ,womanizer and   murderer who   was all about sex and more sex and that individual has the guts to say so proudly,we really do have a problem,I doubt if that individual is in his correct mind.

I can understand a Christian backsliding and turning from the teachings of Christ but I find it hard to comprehend why the life of a sociopath and one who rightly belongs in a mental prison in todays world (,a man who would be jailed for violations of  young children and women including helpless female captives) would fascinate anyone who claims to have known of Christ.

Birds of the same feather flock together.Babs,we know where you are coming from.
The likes of belotti were born muslims,theirs is understandable,they risk violent death if they reject the 'faith' of their fathers,they had no choice but you really do give me the hibby jeebies.
You needed a good deliverance session rather than dancing from cele to holy sabaath.

As you spend your time and energy gloating on why Islam is the best thing that happened to you and why Christianity is so wrong,know that all any right thinking human has to do is look at the lives of the most revered figures in these 2 religions and ask themselves which of the 2 is worth emulating and which of the 2 they would have left alone with their 6 year old daughter.

Thankfully these response can be read by all.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 10:11am On Jan 08, 2007
MALIK,
this is not the issue of shakara and ve forgotten that u r a learned professor of English language. (i thought u understood typographical error).

am still available for you if u want the issue of crucifictin thrashed out, but will be happy if the issue at hand is being solved in order not to muddle up things.

babyosis,

now to your response. i ask you yu asked t ponder on the one to choose out of the two religion, maybe u will enlightne me why christianity is the most acceptable.

have u for one find out why incosistencies in the bible.

have u for one day find out why some verse and not in some bibles and are in some.

have you for one day find out why protetant cant worship with jehovah witness and why catholic bible cant be read in a protestant church.

have u for one find out was jesus really the only begotten son or we have others too.

have u for one find out from your bible if jesus was really crucified?

have u for one day find out from your bible if jesus was sent to the whole world.

have u for one day find out if jesus really died for your sin.

have u for one day find out why some are turning themselves into father and mother

have u for one day find out why some claimed that jesus was tied to a stake rather than crucified.

go over all my questions amd get back at me.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Backslider(m): 10:45am On Jan 08, 2007
@babs

You dont know that there are alot of hadith even you yourself told me that there some hadith are not taken. Please there are nations that claim they are Islamic that are not following the Sharia.

you must know that when the Quran moves in the Limelight you will discover that there will be different version of Islam those pillars will be there but you will see that they will have no power.

Just wait you will see Gay Imams and other people twisting your 5pillars. so please dont rush yourself The god of this world is more powerful that you think throwing stones on him can do anything. The seat of evil will be in the Middle east and your Quran will have no power.

The food is being cooked and the time is at hand. You may say all kinds of things but the mighty are fallen and yet the weak say when shall we fight? There are division in Islam and because you cannot compare Islam to Christianity you will not be able to understand.

Islam Based on Government and Militarism and some Morality
Christianity is based on Personal relationship With God
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2007
Once more this protagonist of the "waiting" tactic is back with more tepid accusations!

babs787:

MALIK,
this is not the issue of shakara and ve forgotten that you're a learned professor of English language. (i thought u understood typographical error).

am still available for you if u want the issue of crucifictin thrashed out, but will be happy if the issue at hand is being solved in order not to muddle up things.

babyosis,

now to your response. i ask you yu asked t ponder on the one to choose out of the two religion, maybe u will enlightne me why christianity is the most acceptable.

have u for one find out why incosistencies in the bible : Have you for once asked yourself about the glaring defficiencies in the quran? Have you addressed the abrogated verses, the idiocy of doing ablution with "clean" soil, the criminality of marrying 6 yr olds

have u for one day find out why some verse and not in some bibles and are in some : Have you taught about why muslim scholars are still quarelling over what is sunnah and what is not? Why are there 1001 interpretations for 1 verse in the quran? What is a weak hadith?

have you for one day find out why protetant can't worship with jehovah witness and why catholic bible can't be read in a protestant church : Will you ever be able to tell me why sunnis are killing shiites, why hausa muslims refer to yoruba muslims as khaffirs, why Mohammed insulted black muslims?

have u for one find out was jesus really the only begotten son or we have others too : Have you discovered the meaning of the "WE" Allah and his brothers have consistently used in your false religion?

have u for one find out from your bible if jesus was really crucified? : Did Mohammed really recieve his "revelations" while hallucinating in a cave or from a demon?

have u for one day find out from your bible if jesus was sent to the whole world. : Is there somewhere in your quran where the coming of Mohammed is predicted beyond struggling to show that from the "corrupt" bible and hindu scriptures?

have u for one day find out if jesus really died for your sin : Have you for once pondered the idiocy of sins falling off with each drop of water used for ablution? What of those who use "clean" earth for ablution? Does each grain of sand falling off equal to one sin dropping off too?

have u for one day find out why some are turning themselves into father and mother : Have you asked yourself why some are converting to terrorists and martyrs? Dont give me that bullcrap called "injustice"!

have u for one day find out why some claimed that jesus was tied to a stake rather than crucified : Have you asked yourself whether your "prophet" was any better than a maurading, pedophilic bandit or a fraudulent criminal who used idol worship to blind more than 1 billion followers? Have you pondered on the conflicting and obviously plagiarised fairy tales in your quran? Are they true?

And just in case you run out of options, simply claim to be "waiting . . ."
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 3:49pm On Jan 08, 2007
@mrpataki,

You don't know that there are alot of hadith even you yourself told me that there some hadith are not taken. Please there are nations that claim they are Islamic that are not following the Sharia.
WHAT HAS SHARIAH GOT TO DO WITH THE ISSUE AT HAND?

you must know that when the Quran moves in the Limelight you will discover that there will be different version of Islam those pillars will be there but you will see that they will have no power.

ALHAMDULILLAH.THANKS FOR THAT, BUT AS AT NOW, THERE HASN’T BEEN ANY VERSION UNLIKE BIBLE HAVING SOME VERSE EXPUNGED IN THE BOOK OF GOD!!!

Just wait you will see Gay Imams and other people twisting your 5pillars. so please don't rush yourself The god of this world is more powerful that you think throwing stones on him can do anything. The seat of evil will be in the Middle east and your Quran will have no power.
LIKE I SAID IN THE ABOVE POST, IT HASN’T BEEN HAPPENING. OKAY MAYBE COS ITS HAPPENING IN THE CHRISTIANDOM, BUT WHY DID THEY APPROVE SAME SEX MARRIAGE IN THE CHURCH? ISLAM IS UNLIKE CHRISRTIAN IN WHICH IT’S A MANMADE RELIGION. JESUS NEVER HEARD OF THE WORLD AND THERE IS NO PLACE IN THE BIBLE WHERE CHRISTIANITY WAS MENTIONED. MOST RELIGIONS INCLUDING CHRISTIZANITY WERE NAMED AFTER THEIR FOUNDER LIKE BUDHA=BUDHAISM, TAO+ TAOISM, SANGO=ONISANGO, ETC. MORE THAN 1400 HUNDREDS, NO SINGLE VERSION HAS EVER BEEN DETECTED, ALLAH MADE THE PROMISE AND ITS STILL HAPPENING

The food is being cooked and the time is at hand. You may say all kinds of things but the mighty are fallen and yet the weak say when shall we fight? There are division in Islam and because you cannot compare Islam to Christianity you will not be able to understand.
EVEN THERE IS DIVISION, CAN U LAY EMPHASIS ON THE DIVISION AND DOES THE DIVISION AFFECT FAITH LIKE CHRISTIANITY WHERE SOME SAY JESUS WAS TIED TO A STAKE, AND NOT CRUCIFIED, SOME SAY HE IS NOT THREE IN ONE, ETC U CALL THAT RELIGION WHERE THERE IS NO UNITY?

Islam Based on Government and Militarism and some Morality
Christianity is based on Personal relationship With God  

REALLY?

I THOUGHT THE BIBLE WAS INSPIRED, BUT THE HOLY SPIRIT FORGOT TO REMIND SOME AUTHORS THAT SOME VERSES ARE MISSING IN THEIR VERSIONS. (ASK ME FOR PROOF)
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2007
no point responding to this idol worshipping heretic who thrives on selectively choosing which posts to respond to based on his shallow understanding, spiritual blindness and inability to reason.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2007
davidylan,

ur response didnt come as a surprise, i asked u questions and rather than answer those questions, u pumelled irrelevant questions at me. why dont we do it one after the other?
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 08, 2007
there are no questions babs787, this same "questions" have been answered one too many times on this thread and several others. If you have failed to see them then you must be indeed in gross darkeness.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by shahan(f): 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

your response didnt come as a surprise, i asked u questions and rather than answer those questions, u pumelled irrelevant questions at me. why don't we do it one after the other?

Right, perhaps I can oblige you your request and take up your challenge - one after the other. And while on that, you can rest assured that the sources you suggested will be referenced - Quran, hadith, and the Bible.

However, I'd like to confirm that you have a firm grasp of the Quran in readiness. This is just so that we don't argue back and forth on non-essentials, but be open to see things as they really are. After that, you'll be amicably served some of my questions  - to the effect that you might realise where you missed it.

Cheers for now.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2007
babs787:

MALIK,
this is not the issue of shakara and ve forgotten that you're a learned professor of English language. (i thought u understood typographical error).

babyosis,

have u for one find out why incosistencies in the bible.

have u for one day find out why some verse and not in some bibles and are in some.

have you for one day find out why protetant can't worship with jehovah witness and why catholic bible can't be read in a protestant church.

have u for one find out was jesus really the only begotten son or we have others too.

have u for one find out from your bible if jesus was really crucified?

have u for one day find out from your bible if jesus was sent to the whole world.

have u for one day find out if jesus really died for your sin.

have u for one day find out why some are turning themselves into father and mother

have u for one day find out why some claimed that jesus was tied to a stake rather than crucified.

go over all my questions amd get back at me.

The Bible which is is my sole authority categorically says that Christ was born sinless, the Son of God,died on the cross for us to save us from sins.
Christ himself calls himself the son of God,the Christ and Messiah the soon coming king.
What other proof do I need?
From the Koran?
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2007
@ babs787,you can conveniently say in flowery words why some koranic writings are abrogated as time goes by, (remember the satanic verses)why some hadiths are weak and why Mohammed committed all his atrocities yet you are not able to comprehend how there could be minor irrelevant descrepancies in translations.

Stick to the message of Salvation and redemption and you're heaven bound.
Read the King James and new King James,most Christians compare any translations to the 2.

Remember that translations are done to simplify the English and are not necessarily done by Christians just as the builders of a Church will not necessarily hire only Spirit filled folks.
Anybody can come up with any version,we don't chop off heads for that.
I hear there's a Bible for prostistutes called the prostitutes Bible.
If it has the message of salvation geared towards winning them,I'm all for it.

Quit asking useless questions.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 08, 2007
@ babs787,you can conveniently say in flowery words why some koranic writings are abrogated as time goes by, (remember the satanic verses)why some hadiths are weak and why Mohammed committed all his atrocities yet you are not able to comprehend how there could be minor irrelevant descrepancies in translations.

Stick to the message of Salvation and redemption and you're heaven bound.
Read the King James and new King James,most Christians compare any translations to the 2.

Remember that translations are done to simplify the English and are not necessarily done by Christians just as the builders of a Church will not necessarily hire only Spirit filled folks.
Anybody can come up with any version,we don't chop off heads for that.
I hear there's a Bible for prostistutes called the prostitutes Bible.
If it has the message of salvation geared towards winning them,I'm all for it.
Have you not seen minor discrepancies in your picthall,Yusuf Ali and the other fellows interp of the same Koran with missing phrases and some in parentheses,some italicized?are you just trying to act ignorant?

Quit asking useless questions.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2007
and to all,perhaps babs787 would want to deceive you that the Koran is one interpretation,

see this

[b]Bukhari: vol. 6, hadith 514, p. 482; book 61

Narrated Umar bin Al-Khattab:

I heard Hisham bin Hakim reciting Surat Al-Furqan during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle and I listen to his recitation and noticed that he recited in several different ways which Allah's Apostle had not taught me. I was about to jump over him during his prayer, but I controlled my temper and when he had completed his prayer, I put his upper garment around his neck and seized him by it and said, "Who taught you this Surat which I heard you reciting ?" He replied, "Allah's Apostle taught it to me". I said, "You have told a lie, for Allah's Apostle taught it to me in a different way from yours". So I dragged him to Allah's Apostle and said, "I heard this person reciting Surat Al-Furqan in a way which you haven't taught me!". On that Allah's Apostle said, "Release him (Umar) recite, O Hisham!" Then he recited in the same way I heard him reciting. Then Allah's Apostle said, "It was revealed in this way", and added, "Recite, O Umar", I recited it as he had taught me. Allah's Apostle then said, "It was revealed in this way. This Qur'an has been revealed to be recited in seven different ways, so recite of it whichever is easier for you."

Bukhuri: vol. 4, hadith 682, book 56[/b]
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2007
read this for a more thorough knowledge of the age long lies.
Even shittes have a different interp from sunnis.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Green/seven.htm
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 9:30am On Jan 09, 2007
@babysis,

ve said earlier. why continuing wallowing in ignorance. why not seek for the truth and ask rather quoting verse in which u lack understanding.

It was revealed in this way. This Qur'an has been revealed to be recited in seven different ways, so recite of it whichever is easier for you."

i think u have christians around u, ask one of them to explain it to you. does recitation to you means interpretation.

na wa o, u need to refer to your dictionary for meaning of the two words.

babysis in christ, can you tell why these verse are not in other versions, was holy spirit not around to inspire them?

king james version existing verses

mark 11v26
act of apostles 8v37
mathew 17v21
mathew 21v44
luke 22v43 etc

the above are not in revised standrad version and others others

we still other books that are mentioned in the bible but not seen in your today bible

am sure God's curse must be on one of the authors.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 2:39am On Jan 10, 2007
I am often told by Muslims that the differences between the different Qur'ans are only a matter of pronunciation. However this is not the case. Subhii al-Saalih is an Islamic scholar in this area. He summarizes the differences into seven categories [3].

Differences in grammatical indicator (i`raab).
Differences in consonants.
Differences in nouns as to whether they are singular, dual, plural, masculine or feminine. Differences in which there is a substitution of one word for another.
Differences due to reversal of word order in expressions where the reversal is meaningful in the Arabic language in general or in the structure of the expression in particular.
Differences due to some small addition or deletion in accordance with the custom of the Arabs. [/color][color=#990000]Differences due to dialectical peculiarities.
What is clear from this list is that the differences are more than just differences in pronunciation.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 2:45am On Jan 10, 2007
babs787:

@babysis,

ve said earlier. why continuing wallowing in ignorance. why not seek for the truth and ask rather quoting verse in which u lack understanding.

It was revealed in this way. This Qur'an has been revealed to be recited in seven different ways, so recite of it whichever is easier for you."

i think u have christians around u, ask one of them to explain it to you. does recitation to you means interpretation.

na wa o, u need to refer to your dictionary for meaning of the two words.

babysis in christ, can you tell why these verse are not in other versions, was holy spirit not around to inspire them?

king james version existing verses

mark 11v26
act of apostles 8v37
mathew 17v21
mathew 21v44
luke 22v43 etc

the above are not in revised standrad version and others others

we still other books that are mentioned in the bible but not seen in your today bible

am sure God's curse must be on one of the authors.

Then read the King James!!!
What is your issue then?
I don't know any Christian that promotes the RSV more than the king James

Bibles are not necessarily interpreted by Christians.
Bible publishing companies are not necessarily Christian owned businesses.
The message of salvation remains unchanged.

Why  don't you figure out if you,a raisin head and a man looking like shaitan(as Muhammad calls you) can afford to follow the quaraish murderous,rapist           called Muhammad.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2007
babysis,

What is your issue then?

mind you, the verses are missing in other versions too. where was the holy spirit when the authors of other versions were writing and compiling and forgot to put the missing verses? i thought bibles were inspired?

Bibles are not necessarily interpreted by Christians.
Bible publishing companies are not necessarily Christian owned businesses.
The message of salvation remains unchanged.

who interpreted the bible then? where was the holy spirit?
abegi, the same process happened to the quran too and it has never been found anywhere like i quoted some verses that are present in your king james and missing in other versions. its Allah promise and we've found it to be so, for the past 1400 years, there hasnt been any versions in which certain verses are expunged. ALLAH AKBAR

the below verse is for you

"Then woe unto those who write the Scripture with their own hands and then say: 'This is from Allah,' to purchase with it a miserable price! Woe unto them for what their hand have written and woe unto them for that which they earn [thereby]! And they said: 'The fire will not touch us except for a few numbered days.' Say, 'Have you taken a covenant with Allah so that Allah will not break His covenant, or is it that you say regarding Allah that which you know not?' Verily, Whosoever earns evil, and his sin has surrounded him, they are dwellers of the Fire; they will dwell therein forever. And those who believed [in the strict monotheism of God] and did good deeds they are dwellers of the Paradise, they will dwell therein forever.  (The Noble Quran, 2:79-82)"
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2007
babs787:

babysis,

What is your issue then?

mind you, the verses are missing in other versions too. where was the holy spirit when the authors of other versions were writing and compiling and forgot to put the missing verses? i thought bibles were inspired?

you're simply blabbing out of ignorance. The versions of the bible we have today are the works of editors who choose to print whatever kind of bible they choose to based on who their target audience! It does not invalidate the original scripts on which the present day bible is based. The king James version is prefered because it is the one most closest to the original scripts/scrolls.

Those "missing verses" you claim are found in the ancient scrolls!
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2007
davidylan:

you're simply blabbing out of ignorance. The versions of the bible we have today are the works of editors who choose to print whatever kind of bible they choose to based on who their target audience! It does not invalidate the original scripts on which the present day bible is based. The king James version is prefered because it is the one most closest to the original scripts/scrolls.

Those "missing verses" you claim are found in the ancient scrolls!

Thanks davidylan.
Babs,you,as thick as you are can wake up and publish the babs bible even in your sorry state.
If you have good salesmen,it will sell and we will not be out to chop off your head but pray for you.

never heard the word abrogated koran verses?
satanic verses?
weak hadiths?

and where did Mo get that revelation?
Under the sheets with his child bride aisha or in the cave full of demons?
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2007
no little girl should ever experience this.

Narrated Aisha:
The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)

and to the poster who said Mohammed was not a pedophile because he waited 3 years to rape the poor girl,you can see she had a disease,he was probably being cautious not to contract whatever she had.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Beware Of False Teachers Parading Themselves Here On This Forum / Why Do Atheists Hate God? / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.