Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,598 members, 7,948,318 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:09 PM

Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar (38181 Views)

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Naira Falls Against US Dollar / Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar by Shehucom(m): 6:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
opal4real:

For those who believe in Buhari may your life be managed the way Buhari is managing our Economy. In d name of whatever you believe in.

Press Like to say Amen n Share to reject d this simple prayer.
Keep wailing bro..
Re: Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar by Chukzyfcb(m): 6:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
modath:

Pardon m curiosity but why then do you need to withdraw Forex in Nigeria?
Madam how CURRENT are you with this Info that stanbic ibtc pays dollars @ dom account. Because if I get you correctly, you are saying that if someone sends $10,000 from his US dom account to my Naija dom account, I'll be paid EXACTLY $10,000.....this doesn't sound right atall....because CBN directs that banks should issue dollar to only those who are ready to Import raw materials that'll favour the country. So HOW CURRENT IS YOUR INFO?
Re: Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar by modath(f): 7:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

Madam how CURRENT are you with this Info that stanbic ibtc pays dollars @ dom account. Because if I get you correctly, you are saying that if someone sends $10,000 from his US dom account to my Naija dom account, I'll be paid EXACTLY $10,000.....this doesn't sound right atall....because CBN directs that banks should issue dollar to only those who are ready to Import raw materials that'll favour the country. So HOW CURRENT IS YOUR INFO?

Bros, I am not the sort to blow hot air on NL. My info is this minute CURRENT...

You don't have to believe me but I can bet you a thousand dollars that not only will you be paid 10k, you will be paid in HIGH bills ....

This is Stanbicibtc, they are not solely dependent on CBN, they have branches in many African countries..... we are not talking ou naija banks... & incase you are not aware, Stanbic is the only bank that you are 70% assured of being able to buy PTA & process Form A... do fact finding to confirm.. thx.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar by cococandy(f): 8:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
kiss kiss
4Play:

This is part of the story but not the full story. At the heart of the problem is dollar inflow into Nigeria. Oil exports are a major source of dollar inflow and so a fall in oil prices reduces dollar inflow. However, dollar inflow may also come from foreign investors attracted by an improved business climate or even corrupt loot being repatriated.

The pace of Naira's collapse is not simply an oil story but it is a reflection of souring investor confidence in Nigeria both in terms of the policy direction, or more aptly the lack of policies,and a rapidly deteriorating business environment. I have also noticed from speaking to Nigerians that many are looking for a way to get money out of the country to hedge their Naira savings in a foreign currency. So not only are fewer dollars coming in but we are experiencing capital flight.

For years I used to try to drum it into people's heads that Nigeria's economic underdevelopment is not simply a corruption issue. Our poor choice of policies is a more significant factor than corruption. If you have a regime that reduces corruption by $2bn but causes capital flight of $10bn you have not gained anything. The reason why Nigerians like to reduce our problems to the single issue of corruption is that we are a people with a religious mindset and an affinity for simplified moral narratives. Economics is a very complex subject and Nigerians struggle with complexity. Better to construct simplistic narratives based on a foundation of ethnic/religious loyalties and hatreds - Hausa/Fulani Muslim oligarchy v IPOB/Ibo conspiracy - than to tackle the headache inducing complexities of the modern world.
Re: Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar by adonbilivit: 9:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
Pesuzok:
This exchange rate is artificially caused. People have turned it to a business. Everybody is now buying dollar to hoard and sell at a higher price, there is nothing the government can do about that. Let us continue, I beg I need to buy like 2000 dollars now that I will resell when it gets to 500 naira to 1 dollar
sure it would get to 500?
Re: Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar by JAZES(m): 10:30am On Feb 20, 2016
modath:

Bros, I am not the sort to blow hot air on NL. My info is this minute CURRENT...

You don't have to believe me but I can bet you a thousand dollars that not only will you be paid 10k, you will be paid in HIGH bills ....

This is Stanbicibtc, they are not solely dependent on CBN, they have branches in many African countries..... we are not talking ou naija banks... & incase you are not aware, Stanbic is the only bank that you are 70% assured of being able to buy PTA & process Form A... do fact finding to confirm.. thx.

U are point bro about stanbic ibtc
Re: Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar by maleeks(m): 7:15am On Feb 21, 2016
Rayhut:

is not true,those living abroad transfer money to domiciliary account and withdraw in dollars,then change in black market or you send through azimo international money transfer,their exchange rate is near to black market rate. Western union and moneygram is for official transactions
hello bro, could you please tell me more about the so called azimo, because i cant bear lossing, Imagine refunding double of what your are being loaned, and again brother, i doubt it if you can withdraw in dollars from any domiciliary account, the bank will pay you in naira at 197 equivalent. This is really frustrating
Re: Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar by ceaser: 6:44am On Feb 22, 2016
yinkeys:

I got charged 300naira to $1 this morning

Dang! Think I gotta temporize with this online purchases thingy.
Re: Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar by ceaser: 6:48am On Feb 22, 2016
modath:

As far as StanbicIBTC is concerned, what's their naira rate to the dollar on online transaction? Is it competitive with other banks? Last I did with Aliexpress on GBT is 248, but someone says it's now 300.
Re: Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar by SensualMan: 8:01am On Nov 07, 2021
How much is $$$ now? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Buhari, the next best thing after sliced bread according to western Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) / Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 / Terry Waya At Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (Pictures & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.