Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,237 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:57 AM

Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him (3356 Views)

Venue For Stakeholders Meeting Of Entire Organs Of PDP Barricaded By Modu Sherif / Jonathan, Murray-Bruce, Sherif At Alamiyeseigha's Burial Today / Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him by senatorbayor(m): 5:52pm On Feb 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Firstly, the lawsuit filed by Buhari was against Abati for accusing him of makin "ungovernable statement" and it wasn't for BH tag. In fact, even when Buhari was attacked by the sect, some people openly said "he arranged his attack to gain sympathy". I don't think Sheriff need to file any lawsuit against his accusers as that is in itself a distraction.

That GEJ or anyone else make any accusation on Sheriff at any point in time doesn't make it statement of fact. GEJ is a politician and was President at that time. If Sheriff is/was, he'd have used State power to arrest and deal with him. Buhari is the CinC, he has the luxury of State powers if he thinks Sheriff is behind it. Otherwise, nobody has any case against the Alhaji.

When Azazi talked about PDP being behind BH, Sheriff was in ANPP and only moved to PDP in 2014. Azazi may be right because Senator Zanna was a PDP member as at then(before he defected to APC). This doesn't concern Alhaji Sheriff.

All your media links carries "alleged" meaning allegation and in fact, baseless allegation.

As regards the law suits of PMB against Abati , the bottom line is that someone went to court to correct an impression and tag about him.

The more reasons I felt Sherrif should do same to put to rest the tag and perception of the populace about him.

How Modu Sheriff Sponsored Boko Haram By Femi Falana (SAN ...
http://saharareporters.com/2014/09/04/how-modu-sheriff-sponsored-boko-haram-femi-falana-san
4 Sep 2014 ... Yesterday, a former governor of Borno state, Mr. Modu Ali Sheriff, addressed a press ... of Nigerians by denying any link with the dreaded Boko Haram sect. ... 2010 the Borno State High Court ordered the Federal and the Borno State .... Sheriff may have a case to answer (even though I smell politics there ...

Just as PMB did to Abati, Let Modu Sherrif do same to Falana and others who have accused him (including GEJ) of sponsoring BH.

Note also that PMB did not accused Sherrif of BH sponsors, it was GEJ who did and the case alongside that of Ndume is still in court.

As per the media links I shared, I only did that to buttress the fact that the Public perception and Image of Sherrif is always Tagged to BH as their sponsors.
Re: Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
LRNZH:

The first priority is to militarily stop the insurgency, rebuild the North East while prosecuting the sponsors. You know how long it takes to prosecute a 'big man' in Nigeria. Currently the judiciary in Nigeria is not even helping matters. I do not expect them to be prosecuting people in court while the NE burns.

If your house is on fire, you first put out the fire before you go to break the head of the arsonist.

Like I told you, this government is still in its infancy. After 4 years we can have a more meaningful discussion.
Is it illogical to kill a snake by cutting off its head?

“Boko Haram will soon know the strength of our collective will. We should spare no effort,” Buhari said in his first formal speech since winning the election. “In tackling the insurgency, we have a tough and urgent job to do.”

http://africajournalismtheworld.com/2015/04/01/nigeria-buhari-promises-to-spare-no-effort-in-fighting-boko-haram/

That's what buhari said in his first speech after winning the presidential elections.

Urgent according to vocabulary.com is defined as "importance requiring swift action."

He didn't say we have an "urgent" job to burst looters!... have we seen that urgency in fighting insurgency?

My point is... Why not start your campaign to "heal" the nation with security first? Like prosecuting BH sponsors whom SAS is supposedly a major contributor? Infact, the 'founder'...

All we've seen is the appointment of media aides in their numbers for the sole purpose of painting the government whote in its various hues!

SMH!!!
Re: Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him by arewafederation: 5:56pm On Feb 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

What evil has Sheriff done? Go straight to presenting your case....

As for 'viable opposition', there is Kowa, Accord Party, SDP, Labour, APGA etc to worry yourself on. PDP isn't the only opposition and will not bend to the wish of APC loyalists.

Thanks....

Sorry, not presenting my case here where no one can do Nada. Just speaking mind of everyone in the terrorist ravaged areas.

As for viable opposition, you are right. Kowa, Accord,et all stand a better chance than PDP, it's just unfortunate that it provided a platform for a " devil" to gain prominence instead of banishment.
Re: Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
modath:

I ignore people not cos I'm scared of taking them on (God forbid bad thing) but cos I'd rather not entertain trolls & foolishness... this is an open forum where everyone is free to express themselves & can address anyone they so desire...

I'll just advise you to kontinu..........

@ LRZNH ... kindly drop this matter.. thx. smiley
Drop which matter? You should have just correct him and ask him to modify his comment. I don't think it is appropriate to take disagreement on issues to another level. A check on the dates would have helped him. Smh....
Re: Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him by LRNZH(m): 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
@LRNZH

Tell me who copied who? I published my article on February 17, 2016 and it went viral....
https://www.nairaland.com/2940208/setting-record-straight-pdp-chairman

Your BT link was published on February 18
www.thebreakingtimes.com/exclusive-ali-modu-sheriff-as-pdp-chairman-a-blessing-or-a-curse-by-jude-ndukwe/

I think you owe me apology and you need to modify your post. Otherwise, I will refrain from holding conversation with you. To let you be.....

Cc: Engineerboat, PRYCE and Modath!

Loool. So if you don't respond to my posts it means I have become irrelevant on NL. I see who needs to grow up here.

I saw a very consistent similarity in both of your errors and I drew the lines. Simple. No apologies.

I posted a stronger evidence than you coming out to absolve SAS of Boko Haram links based on ...... ? We do not even know what your arguments of SAS' innocence are based on.
Re: Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him by obailala(m): 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
@LRNZH

Tell me who copied who? I published my article on February 17, 2016 and it went viral....
https://www.nairaland.com/2940208/setting-record-straight-pdp-chairman

Your BT link was published on February 18
www.thebreakingtimes.com/exclusive-ali-modu-sheriff-as-pdp-chairman-a-blessing-or-a-curse-by-jude-ndukwe/

I think you owe me apology and you need to modify your post. Otherwise, I will refrain from holding conversation with you. To let you be.....

Cc: Engineerboat, PRYCE and Modath!
It's funny how people misjudge situations like this. Obviously because BT is a 'news' website, then it automatically means 'Barcanista must have copied from them.' grin

A few days ago I made a comment here on NL on the state of the economy just before GEJ handed over. 24 hours later, I saw exactly my own words copied and published on a website/blog, but the difference was that my statements were reported as a being said by Buhari. I was more than shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:07pm On Feb 19, 2016
adeyemi2015:

I really wanted you sort out the main issue..... asking for a Presidential Candidate from the North, while the National Chairman is also from the North?!
The point is missed here. I'm sure that the Chairmanship sit in 2018 will be zoned to the South in accordance with PDP policy. I don't see any argument here. 2019 is 3years away....

And I'm in support of the North flying PDP ticket.... Specifically, North-East
Re: Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him by Solrex: 6:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
In my last article I discussed on the alleged link between the PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff and the founders of Boko-Haram group. In the said article titled Setting The Record Straight on PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff, the so-called allegation of Sheriff being the founder/financier of the haramite was made nonsense of, and it was even established that the former Governor was among those that dealt heavy blow on the terrorist group. He's also one that suffered heavy loss to the terrorist group and was seen as the number one enemy of the group.

Ideally, the talk of Sheriff and Boko Haram linkage shouldn't be a subject of discussion in our political space as no authority has at any time indicted the former Governor, but it appears that some fifth columnists within the PDP and those outside the party are determined to "humiliate" both Modu Sheriff and the party by whipping up the Boko Haram link propaganda. A very funny twist is that these people have made Sheriff an issue even when there are pressing issues in the country. When did Senator Modu Sheriff become an issue?

What Is Their Case Against Sheriff?
While I wouldn't want to join issues with Femi Fani Kayode, Doyin Okupe and some former Aides of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, I believe that their reaction to SAS emergence as PDP number one boss is more of emotional than rational. FFK as Fani Kayode is fondly called libelled SAS by calling him the "indisputable founder of Boko Haram", but checks show that the leader of Boko Haram Muhammed Yusuf was a political ally of ex-Borno state Gov Mala Kachalla, Sheriff's political opponent in 2003 Gubernatorial election (who was defeated by Sheriff). In fact, Muhammed Yusuf benefited from Kachalla's government and no record shows that Sheriff had, any dealing with the late terrorist leader. If there is any candidate that Yusuf and his group supported in 2003, that person would be late Mala Kachalla and not Ali Modu Sheriff. Even Alhaji Buji Foi that was appointed Commissioner by Sheriff was a LGA boss during the administration of Mala Kachalla. In fact, Foi resigned from the government because Sheriff posture was unfriendly to the terrorist group. It was under Sheriff administration that terrorist Foi was captured before he was killed by the police. Is FFK and co travellers not aware of this fact? Does it make sense to tag the man that first outlawed Boko Haram as the "undisputed founder" of the group? Having lost his brother, brother inlaw, close friends and his candidate for 2011 gubernatorial election, isn't it clear that Sheriff is also a victim of Boko Haram insurgency? Has any authority indicted Sheriff on terrorism? Haven't this man suffered enough personal and psychological damage? If for anything, his emergence as PDP boss is a victory against Boko Haram.

I understand that some of Jonathan's ex-Aides had wanted to hijack the party structure to further their own interest. It is also an open secret that ex SSA on Media Doyin Okupe is one of the campaigners for GEJ's ex-political Adviser Ahmed Gulak Chairmanship bid. The present reality is that the camp of GEJ's ex-Aides have lost out in the power struggle. What is expected of them is to join hands with the Chairman to move the party forward. It is immoral, unnecessary and improper for this group to launch media onslaught against the party and the Chairman simply because their camp lost out in the power game. They should sheath their swords or go to court if they aren't satisfied with the arrangement.

Nothing Wrong With Sheriff's Appointment
He's a former two-term Governor and a former three-time Senator. He has the posture and can never be bullied or controlled by any Governor or group within or outside the party. He has the experience as a former ANPP BoT boss to lead a party like PDP and reposition it for greatness. He deserves every support from party men and women, and deserved to be judged fairly by patriotic Nigerians. There is nothing wrong with Sheriff's appointment. He is the new Sheriff in town, and should not be distracted.

Finally, what is the case against Senator Ali Modu Sheriff?

Mumu

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
Re: Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
obailala:
It's funny how people misjudge situations like this. Obviously because BT is a 'news' website, then it automatically means 'Barcanista must have copied from them.' grin

A few days ago I made a comment here on NL on the state of the economy just before GEJ handed over. 24 hours later, I saw exactly my own words copied and published on a website/blog, but the difference was that my statements were reported as a being said by Buhari. I was more than shocked grin
Hahaahahahah @credited to Buhari. I think it has to do with the unprofessional attitude of bloggers and some social commentators. There was a day when someone shared an article with me written by "annonymous". I looked at it and I said, I wrote this. Luckily for me, I directed him to the original write-up. He was surprised and I too. Perhaps the first lifter of the article neglected to credit the source or original writer. I've seen some NL threads on blogsites that were made to appear as though they were written by blogs admin.

1 Like

Re: Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him by modath(f): 6:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Drop which matter? You should have just correct him and ask him to modify his comment. I don't think it is appropriate to take disagreement on issues to another level. A check on the dates would have helped him. Smh....

I posted before i saw your posts, i responded to your mention, i wasn't following in order to be disagreeable, most times i comment, KIM & would only do rejoinder when i get "metioned" ....

BTW who is Jude Ndukwe ? Alter ego? Cos this plagiarism is for the gods & why didn't the "person" make corrections like you did You corrected it to Malla soon as i drew your attention to it but the BT own that was "posted" a day aftee still has same Bala ...

Just asking ni o? smiley

@ Obailala ... intellectual property theft is not a problem let alone a crime in the "eyes" of our people.... SMH
Re: Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
modath:

I posted before i saw your posts, i responded to your mention, i wasn't following in order to be disagreeable, most times i comment, KIM & would only do rejoinder when i get "metioned" ....

BTW who is Jude Ndukwe ? Alter ego? Cos this plagiarism is for the gods & why didn't the "person" make corrections like you did You corrected it to Malla soon as i drew your attention to it but the BT own that was "posted" a day aftee still has same Bala ...

Just asking ni o? smiley

@ Obailala ... intellectual property theft is not a problem let alone a crime in the "eyes" of our people.... SMH
Honestly, I don't know who Jude Ndukwe is. I think he just lift and drop.... Dunno why though

As for "Mala Kachalla" I used it in my third paragraph or so but kept using Bala Kachalla subsequently. I couldn't modify the post after my attention was drawn to it because it had already made FP. NL don't allow modification of FP threads.

Perhaps, I should have appealed to the Mods for help!

Thanks
Re: Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him by engineerboat(m): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
ishiamu:

Unresolved efcc case

My friend all hear says are just political noise, if they have their evidences let them bring them out. Let APC show their evidence of what he is guilty of.
Re: Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him by engineerboat(m): 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
obailala:

That goes to show that so many things are just been crooked up and at the end of the day, ended up labeling the person concern without thorough investigation. The bane of this noise makers is that at the end of the day all there noise and shouting will end up at ROAD-NO-WHERE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him by engineerboat(m): 8:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Hahaahahahah @credited to Buhari. I think it has to do with the unprofessional attitude of bloggers and some social commentators. There was a day when someone shared an article with me written by "annonymous". I looked at it and I said, I wrote this. Luckily for me, I directed him to the original write-up. He was surprised and I too. Perhaps the first lifter of the article neglected to credit the source or original writer. I've seen some NL threads on blogsites that were made to appear as though they were written by blogs admin.

What an Height and level of Laziness from this people.

If you tell most of this people that what they are written are fake and not true.

Everyday is for the thief, but one day is for the owner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opposition To PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sherif Have No Legitimate Case Against Him by engineerboat(m): 8:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
arewafederation:

I don't care about the PDP, but a viable opposition.

As for Sheriff? Hmm.....
Evil people like that are supposed to be thrown into an active volcano.

Whys are you taking medicine for another mans sickness, thought you said PDP is dead and buried, why must you be worried about dead-body matter. leave the dead to bury their dead now. Face that fact, did you see SAS personnaly commiting those, PMB is now in government, if they have anything against him or any evidence to nail him, let them bring forward, but if not, PROPAGANDA against him and Media labeling against him will not work.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do U Want Him Back? Be Sincere. See Picture / Photos: World Oldest Person Discovered In Nigeria? / GEJ, Timi Alaibe, And Kingsley Kuku Are The Real Owners Of Air Peace - EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.