Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,110 members, 7,946,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 05:36 AM

Finally! Anita Divorces Oyakhilome - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Finally! Anita Divorces Oyakhilome (873 Views)

Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News / Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally! Anita Divorces Oyakhilome by Nobody: 3:01am On Feb 20, 2016
Lawyers to Anita, the former wife of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, the founder of Christ Embassy, have said that she had finalised her divorce to the preacher, adding that she was no longer a part of, or involved in, the church, also known as Believers LoveWorld Inc. Anita Ebhodaghe, formerly Anita Oyakhilome, a pioneer member of Christ Embassy, where she rose to become a pastor, got married to Oyakhilome in 1991, and have two daughters. A statement by her solicitors, Attwaters Jameson Hill, said the divorce was finalised on February 8 and hinted that she had dropped Oyahkilome from her name, while also severing all ties with the church. The statement, published on the United Kingdom-based law firm’s website reads: “We have been requested by Anita Oyakhilome to confirm that on February 8, 2016 a decree absolute was pronounced in the High Court of Justice Principal Registry of the Family Division dissolving her marriage to Christian Onehirokpeana Oyakhilome. “Anita Oyakhilome would like to confirm that she is no longer involved in or part of Christ Embassy, A.K.A. Believers LoveWorld Inc.” In 2014, it was in the news that Anita had filed for a divorce, accusing her pastor husband of indulging in illicit affairs with female members of the church. This came to the fore after months of rumours suggesting that all was not well with the marriage. In the following months, their marital crisis got messier as both Anita’s lawyers and Oyakhilome issued statements that suggested the damage to the relationship was irreparable. Shortly after, news of a suit for separation broke, images of Anita, which were very prominent on the church’s website, were removed with her name and image also missing from subsequent editions of Rhapsody of Realities, the church’s devotional, which she had co-authored for years with her estranged husband. Oyakhilome, at that time, dismissed reports about the messy divorce including those suggesting that adultery was one of the grounds for the divorce, accusing the media of publishing a lot of “stupid things”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/finally-anita-divorces-oyakhilome/

Re: Finally! Anita Divorces Oyakhilome by Blackfire(m): 3:59am On Feb 20, 2016
When someone u loved, suddenly becomes a source of anguish. ..damn so painful, May u not pass through it.
Re: Finally! Anita Divorces Oyakhilome by chriskosherbal(m): 4:09am On Feb 20, 2016
I still love you so much pastor.
Re: Finally! Anita Divorces Oyakhilome by wallex1983(m): 4:59am On Feb 20, 2016
@Op, I don't get. Do we need to clap here?
Re: Finally! Anita Divorces Oyakhilome by killerman57: 5:08am On Feb 20, 2016
Fantastic...... only God knows the millions of persons they would have been counselling on marriage ...... God help these ones and the millions that use them as yardstick to live their lives ......
Re: Finally! Anita Divorces Oyakhilome by opalu: 5:20am On Feb 20, 2016
I once met a guy in a bus when the news of their divorce first broke out. He was telling everyone in the bus that imagine, these 2 people have been his pastors for so long. He is disappointed in them. He didn't know they will not keeping what they were preaching.

I had to silence him with superior argument and those in the bus saw reasons with me. How can a couple be teaching you, encouraging you to succeed in your marriage and life and also praying for you for year...
then the first time they have marital challenge all you could do is to come to public to crucify them more??
I asked if he has prayed for them or called together other persons to pray for them.

Remember that those who repay good with evil, evil will never depart from their house. It's in the bible. Proverbs 17v13
Re: Finally! Anita Divorces Oyakhilome by Felimax(m): 10:02am On Feb 20, 2016
like seriously
Re: Finally! Anita Divorces Oyakhilome by killerman57: 10:27am On Feb 20, 2016
opalu:
I once met a guy in a bus when the news of their divorce first broke out. He was telling everyone in the bus that imagine, these 2 people have been his pastors for so long. He is disappointed in them. He didn't know they will not keeping what they were preaching.

I had to silence him with superior argument and those in the bus saw reasons with me. How can a couple be teaching you, encouraging you to succeed in your marriage and life and also praying for you for year...
then the first time they have marital challenge all you could do is to come to public to crucify them more??
I asked if he has prayed for them or called together other persons to pray for them.

Remember that those who repay good with evil, evil will never depart from their house. It's in the bible. Proverbs 17v13
you are confused and psychologically unstable

(1) (Reply)

How I Messed Up Today In Church / Christianity-what Is Hell? / Jehovah's Witnesses Group (jw's Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.