Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,757 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:01 AM

Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job (24712 Views)

Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Orlarmie(m): 10:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

Care to share?
I had a very very abusive female boss likewise my wife at her place of work. She was getting so much heat that she had to resign even when she was earning 250k(anybody wey don pass thru am go no say money no matter). I was enduring as a man but was documenting all the nonsense she does to me at work. A HR manager that sees nothing wrong in saying subordinates are crazy, mad, daft and all sorts. I visited pastors for prayers because of this mad woman cos I always cry at work( I guess she's always frustrated cos she's not married at 39 and no man will marry that kind of plaque and put in the house) and I intensified my job search thruout the 2yrs I spent with the asshole and eventually got one and left. God will always help me punish the woman wherever she is because she nearly made me loose my confidence and have low self esteem

2 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by shrimati(m): 10:38pm On Feb 20, 2016
Jamean:

babe.. I can relate totally with you. I won't say I'm currently in same shoe because I don carry her matter give God and I believe he'd sort it out.

The year started with great emotional depression for me on the slightest thought of work. I had proposed April 31st as resignation date, with or without any job but my friends and mum don't even want to hear of it.

I have resorted to prayers and diligence in exerting my responsibilities. I know God hears, pray my dear. This phase too will pass. but learn from it, how to treat subordinates when you are at the other end of the continuum.

Good night
are you in your present place of work because you think you should ensure or because mum won't hear of it?In life sometimes we make the hardest of choices even when they please some not. thanks.
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 10:40pm On Feb 20, 2016
daretodiffer:

Move up the ladder first, then we can talk!
Lol, your just making laugh, seriously? And who told you the ladder you used to climb up cannot burn or crash, am just laughing and shaking my head for you. "Move up the ladder and we can talk" seriously I ask once again cheesy wonders shall never end o, and wen I said "women are the problem of this world" you were almost crying, you see what I mean now, I still dey laugh you babe cheesy
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Orlarmie(m): 10:41pm On Feb 20, 2016
daretodiffer:

Actually that isn't true.

You are experiencing what it is called gender bais. It happens when you think a female boss/female employee (salary negotiation) is trying too hard when in reality they are not.
It's not gender bias my dear. I swear to God your thots would change if you ever find yourself in that situation. I so much hate the woman to the extend that I develop immediate hatred for people who bear the same name with her. I feel sad whenever I hear people call her name. She made me stereotype her name. God will frustrate her the way she frustrated me
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by goldstarpamela(f): 10:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
My dear, if you re no more happy with your current job, quit..I ve been in ur shoe, even tho I havnt seen anything yet, there's huge hope..I went round d whole Abj under two weeks, submitting cvs, some companies have called, and some wld still call. Your job wldnt give you the time to look for something better..not upto a month I resigned tho. If not for anything I'm a happy lady now. My confidence, skin colour,poise is back cos I no longer work mon to sun, I no longer get treated like an SSCE holder. Now I have a life! Don't quit if u ve not saved some money @ least the one that'll last you till u get another job.

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
Orlarmie:
It's not gender bias my dear. I swear to God your thots would change if you ever find yourself in that situation. I so much hate the woman to the extend that I develop immediate hatred for people who bear the same name with her. I feel sad whenever I hear people call her name. She made me stereotype her name. God will frustrate her the way she frustrated me

sad

It is gender bias. Stop being emotionalundecided. What should women who have had to have sex with their supervisors do?
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 10:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
daretodiffer:

Well, I am undecided

Why don't you become a boss and know what it feels likeundecided
Lol, I don't see anywhere anybody asked you if you are, come down from your high horse babe
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

Lol, I don't see anywhere anybody asked you if you are, come down from your high horse babe

What high horse?
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 10:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
daretodiffer:

sad

It is gender bias. Stop being emotionalundecided. What should women who have had to have sex with their supervisors do?
Your just talking off topic, smh undecided what has that got to do with the topic on ground,
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

Your just talking off topic, smh undecided what has that got to do with the topic on ground,
How is it off topic?
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 10:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
daretodiffer:

What high horse?
The high horse your sitting on, I can see you don't understand English to that extent and your forming boss
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by shrimati(m): 11:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
goldstarpamela:
My dear, if you re no more happy with your current job, quit..I ve been in ur shoe, even tho I havnt seen anything yet, there's huge hope..I went round d whole Abj under two weeks, submitting cvs, some companies have called, and some wld still call. Your job wldnt give you the time to look for something better..not upto a month I resigned tho. If not for anything I'm a happy lady now. My confidence, skin colour,poise is back cos I no longer work mon to sun, I no longer get treated like an SSCE holder. Now I have a life! Don't quit if u ve not saved some money @ least the one that'll last you till u get another job.
I just like that submission, so direct.
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

The high horse your sitting on, I can see you don't understand English to that extent and your forming boss

OK ma

Most female bosses are nasty and mean. Happy?
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 11:06pm On Feb 20, 2016
daretodiffer:

OK ma

Most female bosses are nasty and mean. Happy?
Not happy undecided
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by rhymesnoni(m): 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
aha choice z urx
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by mostyg(m): 11:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
I wont say I read all the comments but those that I read are just pointing towards staying or starting elsewhere as an employee. As an employee if you have a bad boss, it is a good thing for. It should remind you everytime that you also have to be a boss with your own employees.

With a good boss just like a good landlord you wont think of leaving such employment or house until you are too old or become unproductive any more.

One thing that baffles me over the years is seeing retired people trying to start a business. When you know you are going to establish a business why not start when you are still young and agile.

My point here is that you should stop complaining about a wicked boss but rather try to be the boss of your own company.
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by SamAbims(m): 12:08am On Feb 21, 2016
I have the same issue in the place where I started working last year November. The only reason I'm yet to quit is because I haven't achieved anything on the job but I hate being threatened by 1 of my boss with sack just because he believes I'm too quiet in the office.

ifeajikap:
d reason is dat dere sum1 willing to take d job immediately u leave. Nd u avnt achieved wat made u take d job yet wateva ur objective was
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by tosyne2much(m): 12:18am On Feb 21, 2016
Cutehector:
yeah, I guess i"m d only one Dat feels ur pain cuz i"v had one terrible boss like Dat.. chei, dis man will rake and rake and rake sotey, he go vex enta car comot....

Immediately I was paid my salary on one certain month like Dat, omo d next day I no come work.. cheesy the man been hear ween... onto say nobody to do the work for office grin

Lwkmd! He call me tire I nor gree pick..
Cutehector, for your mind you smart shey?

I just hope that when you have your organization your employees won't do the same cheesy
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by tosyne2much(m): 12:23am On Feb 21, 2016
QtKatie:
I've been in a similar situation before. In my own case, it was a private school. Its really not easy having to wake up every morning and show up at a job you've come to detest. The headteacher was always on my case, mistake or no mistake. She was just difficult to please......like say dem take her swear for me. At a point, I just made up my mind to leave so I stopped wasting my efforts and just waited for her to do her worst. She eventually did.....and I waltzed out of the building with a big smile on my face, without any regret or looking back. Imagine where person dey smile with sack letter. Today, I have a better job which I enjoy so much.
Were u given payment in lieu of notice or your salary was paid the same day your sack letter was handed to you?
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by essien253(m): 12:27am On Feb 21, 2016
quit the job joor, the lord can't left u by. I would rather die than have my freedom taken away from me. Let me go to bed hungry three nights in a row, I won't give up this dream

2 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 1:36am On Feb 21, 2016
My dear, she is not a good person. It has nothing to do with her being a woman abeg. There are terrible male bosses and there are nice female bosses undecided
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by BabaArmstrong(m): 2:19am On Feb 21, 2016
Nwanne onwedi !!! Feel free . Na still you go go hungry . Area rough ooo . Dey where u dey for now oo till u get better one abeg . Make oluwa dey with you my bros .
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by QtKatie(f): 9:21am On Feb 21, 2016
tosyne2much:
Were u given payment in lieu of notice or your salary was paid the same day your sack letter was handed to you?
My paycheck came with the letter.
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by COMPUTERVILLA(m): 10:22am On Feb 21, 2016
missKiffy:
This job has made me realise that truly we women are the problem of this world. I started this job on the 2nd of November last year and the Manager who happens to be a lady is everybody's problem in that office.

While working there its been one issue or the other, this lady in question is repulsive, cranky, rude, very proud, talks to people anyhow including an elderly man who happens to be the driver, never takes blame for her mistakes but never fails to magnify every other persons mistake. My mind has left the place since the day I found out that she was looking for a replacement for my position, that was late last month, I had initially decided to leave after collecting my salary for that month before I later changed my mind, as at now I don't know if she still intends to find someone else but my mind is just not there anymore, there is nobody they haven't threatened with a sack in that office, in fact a guy was once sacked just a week after he started work. It's just a small organisation with about six staffs including the boss, she's actually in a relationship with the boss and if they do decide to get married I don't even want to be there by then cos if she can be behaving like this when they are only dating i wonder how she will behave when they get married.

I know a lot of people would say it's best to leave your job only when you've gotten another place but you might not understand what's it's like when your mind is not just there anymore. What do you guys think? Do you think I should quit?

What's the pay like and what's the nature of the job
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by obstead200(m): 10:29am On Feb 21, 2016
missKiffy:
This job has made me realise that truly we women are the problem of this world. I started this job on the 2nd of November last year and the Manager who happens to be a lady is everybody's problem in that office.

While working there its been one issue or the other, this lady in question is repulsive, cranky, rude, very proud, talks to people anyhow including an elderly man who happens to be the driver, never takes blame for her mistakes but never fails to magnify every other persons mistake. My mind has left the place since the day I found out that she was looking for a replacement for my position, that was late last month, I had initially decided to leave after collecting my salary for that month before I later changed my mind, as at now I don't know if she still intends to find someone else but my mind is just not there anymore, there is nobody they haven't threatened with a sack in that office, in fact a guy was once sacked just a week after he started work. It's just a small organisation with about six staffs including the boss, she's actually in a relationship with the boss and if they do decide to get married I don't even want to be there by then cos if she can be behaving like this when they are only dating i wonder how she will behave when they get married.

I know a lot of people would say it's best to leave your job only when you've gotten another place but you might not understand what's it's like when your mind is not just there anymore. What do you guys think? Do you think I should quit?
Having known u to be one of the most celebrated tribal bigots on Nairaland, I have only one question for u;

This ur female manager, does she happen to be an igbo? tongue grin
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by tosyne2much(m): 10:54am On Feb 21, 2016
QtKatie:
My paycheck came with the letter.
That's really nice then cheesy
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 11:01am On Feb 21, 2016
obstead200:

Having known u to be one of the most celebrated tribal bigots on Nairaland, I have only one question for u;

This ur female manager, does she happen to be an igbo? tongue grin
Lol cheesy have changed nah
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by QtKatie(f): 11:39am On Feb 21, 2016
tosyne2much:
That's really nice then cheesy

With a deduction of about 7k........but I didn't care. I was free at last.
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by emmagift2000: 11:40am On Feb 21, 2016
Very straight talk. The reason for quitting does not hold water, except if you got the job just to work with a "good boos". Quit the job and I can assure you that you will face similar in another place of work. you will end up complaining everywhere you go.
My advice is for you to make the best out of it. Focus on what you need the job for and not side discomfort

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by tosyne2much(m): 11:43am On Feb 21, 2016
QtKatie:

With a deduction of about 7k........but I didn't care. I was free at last.
ahn ahn !!! A reduction of 7k?

On a normal day, under contract of service, an employer is expected to pay a full month salary for payment in lieu of notice. Just that we are in a country where employers always maltreat employees as well as violating the Labour Act Laws

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by obstead200(m): 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2016
missKiffy:

Lol cheesy have changed nah
my dear, u did not answer my question.
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
obstead200:
my dear, u did not answer my question.
No, she's not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Masters Scholarship In The UK Vs N500k Monthly Job In Nigeria / Meet The Female Sec School Graduate Who Is A Mechanic And Is Proud Of It.PICS / See The First Airwoman To Be A Load Master On The Nigeria Air Force C-130.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.