Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:38 PM

Chelsea: Sturridge Focuses On The Future - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea: Sturridge Focuses On The Future (579 Views)

Liverpool Daniel Sturridge Suffers Fresh Injury Blow , Out For Another 4weeks / Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? / Daniel Sturridge Signs For Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea: Sturridge Focuses On The Future by tysante(m): 5:57am On Jul 10, 2009
Daniel Sturridge, our teenage signing of the summer, has a clear reason for selecting a new club over Manchester City's potential for the next stage of his career.

The 19-year-old agreed a four-year deal with Chelsea last week having reached the end of his contract at City, and the decision was all about what his new employers could offer straight away.

'My motivation [for moving] was to play in the Champions League,' he explained at Cobham, midway between Thursday's two training sessions.

'I am a young player but I am very ambitious and I want to push myself to the highest level and play with the best players in the world. I believe that I can achieve big things here at Chelsea.

'But I am going to be very patient,' he qualifies, 'because I know there are world class players here and I am not going to get upset if I am not playing because it is very long season. There are going to be a lot of games and hopefully as the season goes on there are going to be opportunities so I can show the fans what abilities I have.

'I am not saying that Man City haven't got ambitions for the Champions League, or for any competition, but Chelsea is a fresh start for me and I believe that coming here will make me a better player.

'Man City is the past and Chelsea is the future for me. ',

Get full news from www.boxeighteen.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies And Gentle Men / Predictions For Cash -champions League / Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur On Sat Oct 31st, 1.45pm Nig Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.