Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,942 members, 7,922,331 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 02:16 AM

Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy (2555 Views)

Ben Murray-bruce And His Family At The BET Awards (Photos) / Ben Murray-bruce And His Daughter, Jasmine Hang Out (photo) / Murray-Bruce And His Son In Made-In -Nigeria Clothes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy by coolscott(m): 10:18pm On Feb 22, 2016
jayloms:

And what has that got to do with this I know him well enough, so
I didn't ask if you know him well enough in your opinion. I asked you when you started knowing him?
Re: Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy by MaziOmenuko: 10:30pm On Feb 22, 2016
coolscott:

Please stop littering my mentions with ur incoherent spams! Your shallow input of a defense is plain garbage and doesn't justify a man that scolded even the youths for supporting manutd and arsenal thereby, according to him, strengthening the British pound.
I understand that it is impossible to have 100% made in Nigeria but for Bruce to publish his books outside the shores of this country leaves a lot to be desired.

Dora Akunyili started this campaign before Bruce, and all thru her stay in office, she was wearing Nigerian made Ankara...

Once again, leave me out of ur pathetic mentions!
Re: Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 22, 2016
KINGwax007:
oga, shut up there! By ur last two sentences. how are different from Bruce, the hypocrite?

Have u denounced SAS today?

Did u accept that PDP haa run this country as a personal biz for 16ys?

dude, go siddon!
blind man...leave me alone and keep walking...just clinch ur fists to know which is your left and keep walking left...that's where your leaders are leading you to..so biko,leave me and keep following...since you don't have your own brains...Unrepentant bigot
Re: Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy by MalcoImX: 10:52pm On Feb 22, 2016
jahsharon:

The school does not accept Naira, instead it accepts the currency below.
Biafran £? Biafra sef does not get common sense. They cannot even come up with an indigenous name for their currency naso to dey follow follow Ben Bruised.
Re: Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy by babadem2much(m): 11:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
And his child is schooling at American College University of Port Harcourt.

...i guess the school accepts naira for school fees

He is diversifying his children and the book he printed in UK. grin grin grin
Re: Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy by jayloms: 11:08pm On Feb 22, 2016
First, I know him long enough and that should be okay for you.

Secondly, per the below quote, what makes you think other Nigerians are not #buyingnaija?? Is it because they're not into the showbusiness of displaying them on twitter like the senator.

This is a fact. The average Nigerian has in possession a larger percentage of made in Nigeria goods and have saved this country more money in FOREX, than the likes of BMB who now thinks he is the common sense messiah.

One thing you fail to realize, is his love for showbiz.

coolscott:

Is there anyone who has put his money (or even govt money) where his mouth is on this issue like Mr. Bruce? They have neither put their own money (nor govt allocations) where their #buyNaija mouths are and yet it is Ben Murray-Bruce that attracts such dubious and fraudulent criticisms.
Re: Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy by coolscott(m): 11:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

Please stop littering my mentions with ur incoherent spams! Your shallow input of a defense is plain garbage and doesn't justify a man that scolded even the youths for supporting manutd and arsenal thereby, according to him, strengthening the British pound.
I understand that it is impossible to have 100% made in Nigeria but for Bruce to publish his books outside the shores of this country leaves a lot to be desired.

Dora Akunyili started this campaign before Bruce, and all thru her stay in office, she was wearing Nigerian made Ankara...

Once again, leave me out of ur pathetic mentions!
[size=13pt]The more you speak, the more I know you don't even know Bruce. You started knowing him only recently and you force me to deliberately re-post what I posted earlier here:[/size]

[size=13pt]The fact that his purchases are not 100% Nigerian does not take away credit from the idea that we must continue to shift our purchases towards Nigerian from non-Nigerian and does not erase everything done by him and others to encourage this trend.

:: Buying made in Aba shoes.
:: Creating space for made in Aba shoes to be sold in Silverbird malls nationwide
:: Public buying of Innoson Car. Good promotion for the Nigerian car maker.

It is foolishness to call a man that will invest his hard-earned money and not oil block money, into buying made in Naija and providing logistics for made in naija to thrive, a hypocrite, when he has put his money, and continues to put his money/resources, where his mouth is, simply because obviously not 100% of his purchases are currently Nigerian.

Is there anyone who has put his money (or even govt money) where his mouth is on this issue like Mr. Bruce? They have neither put their own money (nor govt allocations) where their #buyNaija mouths are and yet it is Ben Murray-Bruce that attracts such dubious and fraudulent criticisms.

I make bold to say that folks found on this track are kantankerous souls not committed to any form of worthy ideal but are only driven by a dark heart against anything that seems to shine bright and good, which probably does not seem to be coming out of the political clique they wished it was coming out from.
[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3417232_buynaijatogrowthenaira_jpegc70298ca15811d833bef15ec948c605d
Re: Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy by coolscott(m): 11:34pm On Feb 22, 2016
jayloms:
First, I know him long enough and that should be okay for you.

Secondly, per the below quote, what makes you think other Nigerians are not #buyingnaija?? Is it because they're not into the showbusiness of displaying them on twitter like the senator.

This is a fact. The average Nigerian has in possession a larger percentage of made in Nigeria goods and have saved this country more money in FOREX, than the likes of BMB who now thinks he is the common sense messiah.

One thing you fail to realize, is his love for showbiz.
[size=13pt]So what is your grouse against him? That he has chosen to use his reach, resources and example to truly popularise this correct concept?
Or the perceived glory you think he is earning for himself?
You are beginning to make me think that part of my earlier post applies to you also. This part below:
[/size]
coolscott:
[size=13pt]
I make bold to say that folks found on this track are kantankerous souls not committed to any form of worthy ideal but are only driven by a dark heart against anything that seems to shine bright and good, which probably does not seem to be coming out of the political clique they wished it was coming out from.
[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3417232_buynaijatogrowthenaira_jpegc70298ca15811d833bef15ec948c605d

1 Like

Re: Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy by Ndeavour(m): 11:51pm On Feb 22, 2016
If you can't comprehend his intellect, must you show it publicly? What's the derailing in the point he made?
If you think BMB is wasting his time promoting made in Nigeria products you might as well stop wasting your time and energy criticizing him because the #Buynaijatogrowthenaira ideology has come to stay and you can keep complaining for anyone to cares to listen.
912:

Such a weak and Shameless attempt to derail people from the issue. Read through your totally childish comment (filled with fancy and unnecessary grammar) and tell me how you have explained the issue been discussed. You ask everyone to patronize Nigerian items yet something as simple as printing a book you jump on the plane and give it to an American company to do it. Tell me Mr Sabinus how isn't this hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy by sweetgala(m): 3:15am On Feb 23, 2016
coolscott:

I see these folks going after Mr. Bruce do not know the shame they make of themselves doing this.
I know we are anonymous here on NL but even your NL moniker has a reputation and history, the equity of which
you shamelessly throw away.

The content has to be produced before it is shown in the cinemas. He is a pioneer of giving Nigerian movies premiers in cinemas (his cinemas). I don't think some of you folks deserve the dignity of a response

Stalwert

Abegi, why are you trying so hard to cover for this hypocrite called Ben Bruce, he is a politician and like so many of them the world over , deceit and false representation is their game.

I've always suspected his shady character from his days at NTA

1 Like

Re: Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy by sweetgala(m): 3:22am On Feb 23, 2016
912:

Such a weak and Shameless attempt to derail people from the issue. Read through your totally childish comment (filled with fancy and unnecessary grammar) and tell me how you have explained the issue been discussed. You ask everyone to patronize Nigerian items yet something as simple as printing a book you jump on the plane and give it to an American company to do it. Tell me Mr Sabinus how isn't this hypocrisy

Most Nigerian patronise made in Nigerian products, in fact for many Nigerians those are the only options affordable.
I can understand that Ben Bruce may have signed the distribution deal for this book before he was granted common sense but he should not go on about talking big like he invented the idea of #buynaija

1 Like

Re: Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy by Stalwert: 7:10am On Feb 23, 2016
coolscott:

[size=1pt]Please, the majority of Nigerians use foreign products. Where do all our TVs come from? What about all our phones? In 2010 we imported =N=365 billion worth of rice. I hear it is now around 800bn
All those clothes in the boutiques where do you think they come from?
What about millions of cars littered on the road. All the flash drives we use and the memory cards,
where do you think they come from?
What about air conditioners and most fans?
The generators we use, where do you think they come from?
The bicycles driven all over Nigeria too.
The baby clothes and shoes, where do you think they come from?
Because you totally failed to address what I previously published, I choose to deliberately post it again here below.
The picture at the bottom is to shed light on the wisdom of attempting to make this a GEJ vs PMB issue when Mr. Bruce himself says the answer is not to blame PMB but to patronize naija[/size]

[size=1pt]The fact that his purchases are not 100% Nigerian does not take away credit from the idea that we must continue to shift our purchases towards Nigerian from non-Nigerian and does not erase everything done by him and others to encourage this trend.

:: Creating space for made in Aba shoes to be sold in Silverbird malls nationwide

It is foolishness to call a man that will invest his hard-earned money and not oil block money, into buying made in Naija and providing logistics for made in naija to thrive, a hypocrite, when he has put his money, and continues to put his money/resources, where his mouth is, simply because obviously not 100% of his purchases are currently Nigerian.

[/size]

You sound better in mute, you have not said anything new except shouting like a wild child throwing tantrums.
Re: Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy by coolscott(m): 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
sweetgala:

Abegi, why are you trying so hard to cover for this hypocrite called Ben Bruce, he is a politician and like so many of them the world over , deceit and false representation is their game.

I've always suspected his shady character from his days at NTA
[size=13pt]You know there is a great difference between a wish and reality. And you know what they say about horses and wishes.

That you wish he is shady does not mean he is. That you want that from him will not necessarily produce that out of him

Sorry but you cannot wish a person into being a hypocrite simply because you do not like the nice rep he is building for himself.
It is called Kantankerousity. And only the bitter die (that is suffer) in that state.

It is stuff like this that makes me wonder when people say Nigerians are nice hospitable and welcoming people. When their hate for quality makes them rise against it because it kind of makes them feel inferior.

I believe it is largely an innate love for evil and a disgruntled hate for good that will cause a man, finding Mr. Bruce doing what we have always said our Nigerian politicians should be doing, to put him down summarising that the only reason he is promoting good ideas and living them out by example is that he is a hypocrite.

This reminds me of how when they wanted to kill a certain man of Galillee, looking for something to smear Him with, they said He said he would destroy the temple and build it back up in 3 days but failed to do so.

In Nigeria where the politicians have a deep history of stealing, and even the documents indicting them get circulated around the internet, when the crucifixion charge against a politician is a work he printed abroad, we all know where those minds are coming from - a place of unhappy and disgruntled ill will.
[/size]
Re: Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy by Dakad: 10:02pm On Feb 23, 2016
As far as I'm concerned, this man will only make sense when he lead a campaign that National Assembly give Nigerian a breakdown of their 115billion 2016 budget. Without this I don't see any common sense in anything he says
Re: Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy by sweetgala(m): 7:22am On Feb 24, 2016
coolscott:

[size=13pt]You know there is a great difference between a wish and reality. And you know what they say about horses and wishes.

That you wish he is shady does not mean he is. That you want that from him will not necessarily produce that out of him

Sorry but you cannot wish a person into being a hypocrite simply because you do not like the nice rep he is building for himself.
It is called Kantankerousity. And only the bitter die (that is suffer) in that state.

It is stuff like this that makes me wonder when people say Nigerians are nice hospitable and welcoming people. When their hate for quality makes them rise against it because it kind of makes them feel inferior.

I believe it is largely an innate love for evil and a disgruntled hate for good that will cause a man, finding Mr. Bruce doing what we have always said our Nigerian politicians should be doing, to put him down summarising that the only reason he is promoting good ideas and living them out by example is that he is a hypocrite.

This reminds me of how when they wanted to kill a certain man of Galillee, looking for something to smear Him with, they said He said he would destroy the temple and build it back up in 3 days but failed to do so.

In Nigeria where the politicians have a deep history of stealing, and even the documents indicting them get circulated around the internet, when the crucifixion charge against a politician is a work he printed abroad, we all know where those minds are coming from - a place of unhappy and disgruntled ill will.
[/size]

After all your long write up which manages in no small feat to digress failing to address the matter itself, The fact remains Ben Bruce is "evidently" an hypocrite.

He has failed to practice what he so passionately preaches and from historical evidence with relation to current actions he has been the beneficiary of a form of common sense , but is actions speak otherwise.

He is however a politician and hypocrisy is their nature.

1 Like

Re: Senator Ben Bruce And Unknowing Hypocrisy by coolscott(m): 3:06am On Feb 25, 2016
sweetgala:

After all your long write up which manages in no small feat to digress failing to address the matter itself, TR fact remains by Ben Bruce is "evidently" an hypocrite.

He has failed to practice what he so passionately preaches and from historical evidence woth relation to current actions he has been the beneficiary of a form of common sense , but is actions speak otherwise.

The is however a politician and hypocrisy is their nature.

[size=13pt]The fact that his purchases are not 100% Nigerian does not take away credit from the idea that we must continue to shift our purchases towards Nigerian from non-Nigerian and does not erase everything done by him and others to encourage this trend.

[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apc Will Split Into Three Political Parties Before 2019 – Femi Fani-kayode / The Prophet Breaks Silence / Boko Haram Abducts over 100 Secondary School Students In Yobe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.