Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,238 members, 7,887,670 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:09 PM

Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? (1567 Views)

Akpabio Refuses To Apologise To Goje In The Senate Over Comment / 2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs / I Apologise To Edo People For Bringing Oshiomhole As Gov, Says Ize-iyamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by Edoji: 12:54am On Jul 13, 2009
Obama apologised to Europe during his trip to France in April 2009. He sounded apologetic to the Muslim world in his speech in Cairo, Egypt. But during his trip to Ghana he stated that Africa should take responsibility for their multifarious problems.
Obama did not have the courage to admit and take full responsibility for the role of America in the ruination of the continent.

http://elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1127:obama-should-apologise-to-africa&catid=25:politics&Itemid=37
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by Nobody: 2:00am On Jul 13, 2009
Keep waiting for his apologies.

The message he delivered is more important to us than apologies

. . . . "Take full responsibilty of your future. No more excuses"
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by Beaf: 2:36am On Jul 13, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Why don't you buy an apology machine. Something that will say "sorry" each time you walk past or look at it.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by SeanT21(f): 2:51am On Jul 13, 2009
Go and ask all those money hungry Nigerian Politicians to apologize.Stop looking for apologies in the wrong places.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by SamMilla1(m): 7:00am On Jul 13, 2009
lol grin
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by naijaking1: 7:22am On Jul 13, 2009
Beaf:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Why don't you buy an apology machine. Something that will say "sorry" each time you walk past or look at it.

I like that grin
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by back2back(f): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2009
you are missed the point.

It was evil and wrong to enslave africans in that massive ways.

It was a trade that was supported by the WEST and their church for wealth creation!

It was this slave machinery that kicked started the economy.

African deserves apologies for those wrongs: It is to acknowledge the evil and not try to hide or sweep it under the carpet.

But I guess with people like you, it is clear why no progress.

Even JEWS received apologies for the evil of german people to them.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by Beaf: 8:14am On Jul 13, 2009
back2back:

It was a trade that was supported by the WEST and their church for wealth creation!

African deserves apologies for those wrongs: It is to acknowledge the evil and not try to hide or sweep it under the carpet.

But Obama is black An apology from him would be an aberration.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by OYBMEND: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2009
back2back:

This is what I keep saying about Nigerians

You want an appology to the wrongs done to Africans centuries ago when you are busy hoping for the piping out of the Niger-Deltans over their struggle for resource control.

One value for world issues, a totally different one for Nigerian issues.

these MEND are coward.

Lagos is not capital of Nigerian anymore.

Let me them go after Abuja and may be Kano or Sokoto.

You will see how the Hausa will wipe-them-out like bunch of irritating flies.

That is your hope for a group of folks questioning how oil is drilled in their backyard while they live in abject poverty.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by ElRazur: 8:32am On Jul 13, 2009
Why is much expected of Obama? He is playing his cards the way he sees fit. He speech to africa was part of the bigger plan, just like the one to Europe and the Muslim world. He owes no one any apology.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by ifyalways(f): 9:50am On Jul 13, 2009
nuzo:

Keep waiting for his apologies.

The message he delivered is more important to us than apologies

. . . . "Take full responsibilty of your future. No more excuses"
Te he he.
Now they have a brand new excuse. . ."Obama offered no apology" cheesy
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by IFELEKE(m): 10:06am On Jul 13, 2009
@Poster,
We blame everything BUT ourselves for our problems, I won't be surprised if you end up blaming Obama and America for your brother's umemployment.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by Tudor6(f): 10:10am On Jul 13, 2009
Apology for what??
Will the apology eradicate poverty or hunger?
Apologies don't promote good governance. Infact they're useless to the average nigerian!
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by MrCrackles(m): 10:12am On Jul 13, 2009
Edoji:

Obama apologised to Europe during his trip to France in April 2009. He sounded apologetic to the Muslim world in his speech in Cairo, Egypt. But during his trip to Ghana he stated that Africa should take responsibility for their multifarious problems.
Obama did not have the courage to admit and take full responsibility for the role of America in the ruination of the continent.

http://elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1127:obama-should-apologise-to-africa&catid=25:politics&Itemid=37

Idiot. . . . . .Think next time before you post! angry
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by jaybee3(m): 10:13am On Jul 13, 2009
For?
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by jensinmi(m): 11:44am On Jul 13, 2009
@ poster,

I'm sorry to front you on this topic o but

If na apology time me day,

Why don't we first ask Ibori to apologize for embezzling $400 million in public funds?
Or Alams to apologize for his siphoning of public funds? How about Odili??

My guy,  Let us know our priorities o.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by nwajohn(m): 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2009
I don't think we Africa needs an apology from Obama or anyone what is our main problem is the feeling of inferiority to the 'whites' whenever we can stop feeling that way we will definiety be at our rightful place - On Top!.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by GEW: 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2009
apologize for the idiots you people allow to rule and loot you. he should also be made to apologise for being black.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by vigasimple(m): 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2009
Just to make the poster a little bit more stupid.

OBAMA in his speech said that colonialism is wrong as much as holocust  (he made that comparism to his visit to Bucenwad-in Germany).

So what should he apologies for and what would the apology do for you. It was your forefathers who were selling their own people into slavery in the first place, and those slaves are being treated as second hand citizens.

But the same America has the decency without name recognition or godfatherism elect OBAMA as the first African American president based on his ability.

Your own people(GOVERNMENT) kept you down, raped you and your resources, throw stupid parties all over the place. store your monies in foreign account. Did not use your monies to provide any infrastuctures for you, and you did not ask them for apologies.

DAFTNESS IS ONE THING BEING VERY STUPID IS ANOTHER MATTER.
 A COMBINATION OF BOTH IS DANGEROUS.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by back2back(f): 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2009
the poster is not talking about Nigeria Govt. stay on the issue.

the post was clear:

apology means you accept resposiblity and ready to right the wrong you caused whoever you apologise to.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by Yuno: 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2009
Africa only needs apoligies from the bastard African politicians who have raped her and left her people in misery, not from an American who is not to blame for the continents suffering,
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by back2back(f): 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2009
Africa only needs apoligies from the bastard African politicians who have raped her and left her people in misery, not from an American who is not to blame for the continents suffering,

discussion is about american slavery of africans.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by Olaolufred(m): 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2009
@ Edoji and Back2back,

No one ruin Africa.
Africa ruins herself.
The earlier we take responsibility for our problems
we will only be going farther away from solutions.

If as a young child, i was brutalized by my step mother.
If i became the house boy she uses in keeping her Children.
If in 30years later i am nothing, should i be waiting for apology from her b4
i now start becoming something worthwhile after 40 years of age?
Think it is foolish. If we dont sit at the driving seat of our life by taking a +ve step.
We will suffer for our foolishness when it may be too late.

Obama owe africa nothing. The West does not who us any apology.
We need to only be proactive against many impostors who paraded themselves leaders
draining out the destinies of the black race.

Africa, Arise.

Blame yourself and not others.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by Olaolufred(m): 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2009
When a man falls, and looked back to see what caused his fall
He is probably close to knowing the way forward.
But when he fell and accuse someone else, he will not even bother
to know the obstacle that caused his blatant fall.

The more you accuse others, the less you see the way forward.

The game is a game of "Taking Responsibilty for your life"
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by Edoji: 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2009
My detractors on this trade entirely misses the point. They fails to appreciate that one set of truth does not render another set of truth irrellevant.

That President Obama spoke some home truths to African leaders does not belie the fact that he failed to admit the dubious role America has played that contributed to the ills of the African continent.

Even a white British, Richard Dowden in his article 'Fine words, but will Africa Listen' (here http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1134:fine-words-but-will-africa-listen-richard-dowden&catid=36:omoba&Itemid=59) said

"There are, on reflection, things that Obama might also have mentioned, for example America's $31bn in subsidies for US farmers which squeeze some African farmers out of the market. And Obama, always careful to say he is American but of African parentage, leapt from colonial times to the present without mention of the US role in supporting dictators during the Cold War, an apology many Africans would like to hear".

He added:
"Obama made no mention of the US's own economic interests in Africa which have frequently overruled the democratic, good governance agenda which he spelled out on Saturday".

I have written other articles that was prescient on Obama's speech last Saturday approvingly here(http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=517:barack-obama-and-the-corruption-of-african-leaders&catid=25:politics&Itemid=37)

But that does not belie the truthfullness of what I said above.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by whiteroses(f): 8:27pm On Jul 13, 2009
have you all heared this interesting news Obama is actually George Bush's cousin: courtesy of the Olofofo Antenna Asociation (OAA) grin
but really they are cool
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by vigasimple(m): 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2009
Edoji:

My detractors on this trade entirely misses the point. They fails to appreciate that one set of truth does not render another set of truth irrellevant.

That President Obama spoke some home truths to African leaders does not belie the fact that he failed to admit the dubious role America has played that contributed to the ills of the African continent.

Even a white British, Richard Dowden in his article 'Fine words, but will Africa Listen' (here http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1134:fine-words-but-will-africa-listen-richard-dowden&catid=36:omoba&Itemid=59) said

"There are, on reflection, things that Obama might also have mentioned, for example America's $31bn in subsidies for US farmers which squeeze some African farmers out of the market. And Obama, always careful to say he is American but of African parentage, leapt from colonial times to the present without mention of the US role in supporting dictators during the Cold War, an apology many Africans would like to hear".

He added:
"Obama made no mention of the US's own economic interests in Africa which have frequently overruled the democratic, good governance agenda which he spelled out on Saturday".

I have written other articles that was prescient on Obama's speech last Saturday approvingly here(http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=517:barack-obama-and-the-corruption-of-african-leaders&catid=25:politics&Itemid=37)

But that does not belie the truthfullness of what I said above.

You are the one missing the point. You are the equivalent of David Mark(senate President) who said Nigerians have nothing to apologise for in respect of 419 yahozee people and blaming it on greedy foreigners.

We should take out foreigners out of the equation and sort out our fraud minded youths and leaders which was the only leesson taught by those leaders to the youth.(even though David mark may have a point)

Whatever the ills of foreigners, let us fix our own home. OBAMA was able to apologise to those other ountries because they are making progress despite US policies etc in those countries. Holocust was not caused by the Americans.

OUR OWN PROBLEM IS HOME MADE. CORRUPTION BY OUR 'LEADERS'. Why should OBAMA apologise for vote rigging by PDP in Nigeria. or OBJ and
YAR A'CLUELESS misrule? my friend, you don't get it.

If OBAMA had apologised, he would have diluted the message
AFRICAN LEADERS need to hear, and you sound like one who wishes the message be diluted for whatever reason.

STOP FINDING AN EXCUSE AND LET US CALL THIEVES OUT FOR WHAT THEY ARE. EVEN THEY THE LEADERS CANNOT COMPLAIN BECAUSE THEY KNEW IT IS THE TRUTH
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by back2back(f): 8:48pm On Jul 13, 2009
Blame yourself and not others.

yeah, like the JEWS blame themselves for been killed and not blame Hitler?

if a wrong is commited, the first point is to seek apologies for the wrong.

so why punish armed robbers; you should blame the people that was robbed

why did US go after Bin-laden, they should blame themselves for 9-11.

why have law-court, just blame the victim for being victim!!!
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Jul 13, 2009
Roflmao @back2back
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by mustafar1: 9:38pm On Jul 13, 2009
apology here, apology there, apology everywhere. . . it does take away the fact that when fertilizer is made available to our farmers for free, some idiot assumes the role of lord and decides to hoard it instead, leading to low quality yield. yet we want apology from someone who subsidized his own farmers to help to make their produce competitive.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by Yuno: 10:52pm On Jul 13, 2009
quote: back2back

discussion is about american slavery of africans.

Young lady please read a history book. The transatlantic slave trade was only possible on the scale it was because African kingdoms participated and made profit from the sale of other Africans. European whites didnt have the ability to access the interior of tropical west africa on their own during the times when the slave trade was at its strongest (18th century) and it was only by using slaves supplied from Africans or by using African scouts that Europeans were able to get hold of millions of black people to ship into slavery.

If anyone deserves an apology for that it is African Americans, Carribeans and Latin Americans not the descendants of the people who sold their ancestors into slavery.
Re: Why Didn't Obama Apologise To Africa? by OYBMEND: 11:24pm On Jul 13, 2009
Yuno:

quote: back2back
Young lady please read a history book. The transatlantic slave trade was only possible on the scale it was because African kingdoms participated and made profit from the sale of other Africans. European whites didnt have the ability to access the interior of tropical west africa on their own during the times when the slave trade was at its strongest (18th century) and it was only by using slaves supplied from Africans or by using African scouts that Europeans were able to get hold of millions of black people to ship into slavery.

If anyone deserves an apology for that it is African Americans, Carribeans and Latin Americans not the descendants of the people who sold their ancestors into slavery.

the bit in bold is absolutely correct.

(1) (2) (Reply)

N400million Cash Found In Septic Tank In Bayelsa / From Pdp To Cpc: The Odyssey Of Alhaji Mohammed Abacha / Caution! Toilet Mystery (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.