Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,812 members, 7,872,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:07 PM

Nigeria Is My Home -benin Rep-! Become ? Na Big Blow Ooo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is My Home -benin Rep-! Become ? Na Big Blow Ooo (701 Views)

Invasion Of Nigeria By Benin Rep:1914 Agreement Has Expired, Boni Yayi Tells PMB / Chukwumerije's Death , Big Blow To Education - Shekarau / Odunsi’s Death, Big Blow To Democracy – Sulaimon Oris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is My Home -benin Rep-! Become ? Na Big Blow Ooo by ikeyman00(m): 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2009
Nigeria is my home - Benin Republic President

Sunday, December 21, 2008 TRibune

President of Benin republic, Dr Thomas Boni Yayi on Saturday shocked prominent Yoruba Obas and leaders when he announced in impeccable Yoruba at Ile ife that he was happy to be back home.

Yayi, who was in Ile Ife to receive an honourary Doctorate degree from OAU, IIe Ife and a chieftaincy title from the Ooni of Ife declared that he was happy to be where history started.

"Kabiyesi, my being here today is home-coming. It is the water that weaned me that I have come to see. It is the breast that I suckled that I have come to behold. Just continue to pray for me-your son who is the President of Benin Republic," he told the Ooni after he was confered with the chieftaincy title of Sooko Adimula Obaninuola of Ife.

Yayi who is from the Yoruba speaking part of Benin Republic told his audience who included Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola, Afenifere leaders Chiefs Reuben Fasoranti and Ayo Adebanjo including the Emir of Katsina, Alhaji AbdulMumini Kabir Usman that his country and Nigeria were inseparable brothers.

"Nigeria and Benin share the same culture, people and history. Indeed, Benin is Nigeria's 37th state while Nigeria is Benin's 7th department"he said.

He added that he was happy that the regional integration started by former President Olusegun Obasanjo was being continued by the YarAdua administration.

The Beninoise President who thanked Governor Oyinlola for the warmth with which he received him at the Airport in Ibadan and through the ceremonies at the OAU and the Ooni's palace said he would be happy to host the Governor and the Ooni in his country in 2009.

He was accompanied by over ten Yoruba Obas from Benin Republic who came in richly embroidered aso oke
Re: Nigeria Is My Home -benin Rep-! Become ? Na Big Blow Ooo by ikeyman00(m): 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2009
big blow

becomerich
Re: Nigeria Is My Home -benin Rep-! Become ? Na Big Blow Ooo by ikeyman00(m): 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2009
mmm thats right
Re: Nigeria Is My Home -benin Rep-! Become ? Na Big Blow Ooo by ikeyman00(m): 11:14pm On Jul 13, 2009
yes manipulator

u know who u are

u cant decieve us oo

(1) (Reply)

2011: We May Lose 7 States, Says Pdp / Open Letter To Kidnappers :re Shopping List / Who Really Need Amnesty, The Militants Or The Government?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.