Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,908 members, 7,872,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:53 AM

Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay (22140 Views)

Kwankwaso Denies Dumping APC, Accuses Ganduje, Atiku Of Plotting New Party / PDP Governors Plan To Float New Party / Atiku And Mimiko Plot New Party, Joint Ticket - NewTelegrapOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by sinistermind(m): 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
but come oh, why are we youths just good at coming on social media to antagonize ourselves over some politicians that don't care about us. Why can't we form a party of ours also. Because as it is none of these parties get plans for youths at all

2 Likes

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by link2ok(m): 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
apc= pdp

1 Like

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by Runaway: 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
Another name with same people

1 Like

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by AkupeMBANO(f): 12:35pm On Feb 28, 2016
Another desperate move to scam nigerians come 2019.
Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
Nigerian politicians are always re-aligning.
Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by amunkita(m): 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
Then the party must be Uwa Mmebi Peoples Party(UMPP)
Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
Listening to Bob Marly music
#Don'tLetThemFoolYou oh no

1 Like

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by Sunlad16(m): 12:53pm On Feb 28, 2016
I am neither a politician nor prophet,but with d way apc is handling issues, i knew there would be formation of new party

1 Like

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by Coldplay89(m): 12:54pm On Feb 28, 2016
klax:
It's necessary. It's time for it APC that could have done Nigeria proud has blew their chance so a new brand party must emerge if not now but later.

APC has failed and disappointed almost everybody. We need leader not a politician or noise maker but a voice not a liar but a focus person. Fighting corruption on one side only PDP are corrupt very funny indeed.

It's a wonder and Unbelieveable that a whole Nigeria president turned traveller and to insult Nigeria more the so called president going places like Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, Qatar, Yemen, India, Iran and soon Syria and his party defending him saying he went their to seek help for Nigeria it's a shame. Help from Qatar, Kenya, Sudan or iran it's an insult to Nigeria honestly APC missed it.

I support formation of a new sensible party honestly.

Ha! And u think your Nigeria is a better place than those places you have mentioned there? U must be joking

1 Like

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by McTobe(m): 12:54pm On Feb 28, 2016
this is good for Nigeria political development , if for nothing it will keep every political office holder on their toes not to abuse power knowing that even his house can be against him if he doesn't deliver and furthermore, the sitting leader will not have any option other than to do what is right which is to deliver on the promise that he made during camp.
Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by franklingud(m): 12:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
Anyone cursing goodluck Jonathan must be an slowpoke. A man that averted so many things, you that is cursing him might probably be dead by now, had it been he didn't do what he did.
He did his best but some hoodlums didn't allow him to work. Investors are running away from this country now because of that traveller, while in the past administration it wasn't like this.

GEJ is Nigeria's hero. Whether you like it or not. Fowl heads.

4 Likes

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by Reference(m): 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
sexyexcalibur:
All we Need is a party for the youths...

Hmmm....by the time that emerges you won't be a youth no more. Nigerian politics is currently like a dog chasing its tail, hopeless. My best formula remains a two horse race. The APC v The PDP. What Nnamani and co are doing is symptomatic of Nigeria and Nigerians. They quit to be relevant as individuals rather than fight for the building of institutions. What is wrong in campaigning and fighting till your ideals are realized within your party first. Must every political quest be for high office. See their mouths. If the party has lost focus can't they refocus it whether they be in APC or the PDP.

Take for instance the latest news of the doubtful N5000 stipend earlier promised. Though I support the President on not going down that line but one would expect dissenting voices opposed to his proposals leading to healthy, non derogratory, non abusive, non vindictive open debate even within the APC.

Nobody knows it all or has it all. It is only by brush and paint a canvas is made a masterpiece. Our politicians must learn the art of interaction, negotiation and horse trading to build stability.

A new party is not a sign of maturity neither is it the road to civil liberty.

3 Likes

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by mbhs139(m): 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
Do I really blame these politicians or should we really blame them if they are strategising to return to power while we, the citizens, only protest on social media? it is their job to strategise on how to return to power, that's their profession, they have no other job. It's only left for us as citizens either to return them to power or not. After all, they aren't going to force their selves on us. And if you think they force themselves on us through rigging, is it not through the same citizens of this country that they do that?

As for me, the moment I read the story, I've already started thinking of how to position myself so that I can be part of that new party. Perhaps, I may change things for the general good of the people. Because sitting here, complaining would not do me any good.
Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by sarutobie(m): 1:03pm On Feb 28, 2016
That is their trademark.. Watch how a lot of known 'political prostituites' will clothe themselves in white garments with angel-like wings on their shoulders, promising the masses heaven on earth.. Then watch how the masses will troop towards them like a sheep to the slaughter.. No be Nigeria again? grin
Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by IBBG(m): 1:04pm On Feb 28, 2016
sexyexcalibur:
True. it's time we the youth float our own party. Cos this old men with expired ideas will never allow us become the leaders we are supposed to be.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by IBBG(m): 1:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
klax:
It's necessary. It's time for it APC that could have done Nigeria proud has blew their chance so a new brand party must emerge if not now but later.

APC has failed and disappointed almost everybody. We need leader not a politician or noise maker but a voice not a liar but a focus person. Fighting corruption on one side only PDP are corrupt very funny indeed.

It's a wonder and Unbelieveable that a whole Nigeria president turned traveller and to insult Nigeria more the so called president going places like Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, Qatar, Yemen, India, Iran and soon Syria and his party defending him saying he went their to seek help for Nigeria it's a shame. Help from Qatar, Kenya, Sudan or iran it's an insult to Nigeria honestly APC missed it.

What of if we the youth take matters into our own hands float a new party. Cos this old men don't care about us at all. they only remember us when it's time to ferment trouble during elections thereby loosing our lives

3 Likes

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by buchilino(m): 1:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
IF DIS IS TRUE THEN AM NOT SURPRISED. ITS JUST A PITY DAT MILLIONS OF NIGERIANS STILL BELIEVE N TRUST THESE PPLE THEY CALL DER LEADERS. SUCH A SHAME
Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by klax(m): 1:14pm On Feb 28, 2016
IBBG:
What of if we the youth take matters into our own hands float a new party. Cos this old men don't care about us at all. they only remember us when it's time to ferment trouble during elections thereby loosing our lives

Honestly I love your words I think the youth should take charge I'm sick of all these people these old ones are just pack of headaches.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by klax(m): 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
Coldplay89:

Ha! And u think your Nigeria is a better place than those places you have mentioned there? U must be joking

So to you Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Yemen, better than Nigeria You are the biggest joker trust me.

Not time to argue, the truth is enough is enough take it or leave it. APC has lost it and nothing again to proof.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by Akanaz(m): 1:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
Nnamani our next jagaban to be
Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by IBBG(m): 1:27pm On Feb 28, 2016
kay29000:
If they form a new party, it would just be the same old politicians from PDP or APC with a new name. This is the best time for a fresh party with young bloods to grow. We keep shouting on Twitter and Nairaland that this people said we are the future leaders and they are still ruling us...talk is cheap. We need to be proactive and do something. A party with fresh blood needs to spring up right now. This is the best time for a move like that.
l'm fully in support of such but who make the first move? I'm beginning to think us the youth of this generation are cowards compared to the generation of our father's. Our father's generation never had the kind technological advancement we the current youth are privilege to witness but they were by far more potent, active, productive and bold in pressing for their demands. we only shout and rant on media but no foot soldiers. If it were the youth of these days we will still be under colonial rule because we don't have the stomach to press home our demands.
To buttress how docile we've become we still worship the likes of Zik, Awolowo, et al, adoring them mean while they are men long gone with history. and to think that this men were once youths and they became famous while they were youths, forcefully pressing home their demands while they were still youths until the colonial powers could not withstand the heat any more, they had to cave in.
Why can't we produce another Awolowo or Azikiwe in this term an era unprecedented in the history of mankind where technology is at our finger tips. Instead we rather indulge in inter tribal bashing.
I wail for Nigeria because when youth of country becomes distracted by frivolities, then that country doesn't have a future.
Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by dam4wummy(m): 1:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
its high time for the youths of this country to take over, all these bunch of thieves needs to be relieved.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by blackboy2star(m): 1:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
Awon oloriburuku
Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by chrystalC(m): 1:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
When will all these politicians get itz not about forming a new party, thats jez lyk putting a fresh wine inna old bottle. Itz still same people who effortlessly destroyed NIGERIA that'll still be piloting the party. I think itz high time the Nigerian youths fought for their right by coming together en masse, forming a new party bound by rules n principles and take over the govt. They keep tellin us we are the leaders of tommorrow, but there will be no tommorrow if we don't fight for it TODAY.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by kay29000(m): 1:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
IBBG:
l'm fully in support of such but who make the first move? I'm beginning to think us the youth of this generation are cowards compared to the generation of our father's. Our father's generation never had the kind technological advancement we the current youth are privilege to witness but they were by far more potent, active, productive and bold in pressing for their demands. we only shout and rant on media but no foot soldiers. If it were the youth of these days we will still be under colonial rule because we don't have the stomach to press home our demands.
To buttress how docile we've become we still worship the likes of Zik, Awolowo, et al, adoring them mean while they are men long gone with history. and to think that this men were once youths and they became famous while they were youths, forcefully pressing home their demands while they were still youths until the colonial powers could not withstand the heat any more, they had to cave in.
Why can't we produce another Awolowo or Azikiwe in this term an era unprecedented in the history of mankind where technology is at our finger tips. Instead we rather indulge in inter tribal bashing.
I wail for Nigeria because when youth of country becomes distracted by frivolities, then that country doesn't have a future.

GBAM! Everything you said is so true. And this so sad. I guess it is the Internet and all these gadgets we have that is causing us not to act... too much distraction.
Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by stonemasonn: 1:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
Buhari please stay at home and take control, your activities and inaction has weakened the party and your power. Please I beg you don't ignore those who worked hard to ensure your victory in favor of those who contributed nothing. Remember humans like to be appreciated and compensated for their efforts and they will remain loyal. Loyalty ensures respect, followership and guarantees power. Please ask IBB, OBJ and BAT.
Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by IBBG(m): 1:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
klax:

Honestly I love your words I think the youth should take charge I'm sick of all these people these old ones are just pack of headaches.
who will start it, who will take the bold step. To me I don't care the region the person is from as long as he is a youth and share the same vision we have for this our dear country. We should not allow this present old politician spoil our country for us otherwise our children will become outcast in their own country.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by drss(m): 1:38pm On Feb 28, 2016
forming a new party no be d solution. e no go solve anytin. dem go still jam d same problem. make dem just remain where dem dey rebuild their parties. instead of leaving, make dem aggrieved members push for internal democracy. na d major problem wey dey cause anger n disatisfaction be dat. or else, wetin go happen when d same problem currently jamming APC n PDP rear its ugly head again in their new party will they abandon it n form anoda one
Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
sexyexcalibur:

Which youths? The ones burning petty thieves while celebrating multi billion thieves? There's more hope of he devil than for the vast majority of the Nigerian youths.
Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by IBBG(m): 1:42pm On Feb 28, 2016
Can someone please write or start a thread for the mods to push to front page on why we the youth should float our party, the ideals of the party and how it will address our challenges as a nation. A party where there's no tribal discrimination but equal representation and total allegiance to the Nigerian course. Now is the time to start making arrangements for such not when 2019 is around the corner, so we can take our destinies in our hands
Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by Hypolyta: 1:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
klax:

We need Kenya more than they need us

1 Like

Re: Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay by Coldplay89(m): 1:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
klax:

So to you Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Yemen, better than Nigeria You are the biggest joker trust me.

Not time to argue, the truth is enough is enough take it or leave it. APC has lost it and nothing again to proof.
Kenya aint a particularly bad country. You shouldnt be stereotyping other countries like that.

Ever been to Kenya btw?
http://www.jamiiforums.com/threads/east-africas-capital-nairobi-city-photo-gallery.828603/page-20

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo Is Number One Problem Of Nigeria – Akiolu / INEC Sacks REC Frankland Briyai ‘For Joining APC’ / "It is null and void": Edison Ehie Faults Rivers Assembly's Overriding Of Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.